PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s approval numbers hit all-time low

pwaldo
07-31-2011, 03:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-approval-numbers-hit-time-low-185402373.html

Just 40 percent of Americans say they approve of Obama’s performance as president. 50 percent say they do not approve of the job he is doing.

Just 41 percent of the public said they approved of the way Obama was handling the debt-ceiling negotiations, while 52 percent disapproved, according to another Gallup poll released Thursday.

The president’s 40 percent approval rating follows a Pew Research Center for the People and the Press poll released Thursday that found Obama’s support among independents has eroded a great deal. 54 percent of independents disapprove of Obama’s performance as president, according to the Pew poll, the most during his time in office. Just 36 percent approve of the job he is doing.

OnePimpTiger
07-31-2011, 05:50 PM
I would just like to point out that I didn't post this...but it took lots of will power :smokin:

duane1969
07-31-2011, 09:40 PM
i would just like to point out that i didn't post this...but it took lots of will power :smokin:

lol

sanfran22
07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
I would just like to point out that I didn't post this...but it took lots of will power :smokin:
Too funny....:humble:

pghin08
08-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Watching the news and being on the internet, I'm honestly surprised it's that high. From what I read around here, there are much better presidents on SCF.

OnePimpTiger
08-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Watching the news and being on the internet, I'm honestly surprised it's that high. From what I read around here, there are much better presidents on SCF.

Thank you! I'm glad people are finally starting to realize that!

habsheaven
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Don't worry Obama's ratings will get a huge boost as soon as a Republican nominee is decided. :)

pghin08
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Thank you! I'm glad people are finally starting to realize that!

I'd vote for you. :love0030:

andrewhoya
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Don't worry Obama's ratings will get a huge boost as soon as a Republican nominee is decided. :)

Doubt it...

angel0430
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Like it or not he will be there for a second term. There is not a republican candidate better than Obama. So instead of people voting for a change, they will vote for some one they already know...lol

mrveggieman
08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I wonder if all of you Obama haters would be feeling the same way if mccain would have won the election in 2008 and had to deal with the same mess that obama does? Things that make you go hmmm....

andrewhoya
08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I wonder if all of you Obama haters would be feeling the same way if mccain would have won the election in 2008 and had to deal with the same mess that obama does? Things that make you go hmmm....

Theres no way to tell how McCain would have acted.

angel0430
08-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Theres no way to tell how McCain would have acted.

We would have more wars...lol

tutall
08-02-2011, 06:36 PM

You can say that all you want but at the same time you dont know how Gore or John Kerry would have done either... Kerry may have taken his purple hearts and have us in WW3 by now.... It works both ways and apparently since the Bamster can do no wrong he does only right and blame it on anyone else within earshot

habsheaven
08-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Obama is closer to "doing no wrong" than he is to "doing EVERYTHING wrong" as the right likes to insist.

duane1969
08-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Perhaps. But at least we wouldn't have that worthless peice of legislation often referred to as Obamacare. I would take a war over the criminalization of not having health care any day.

Obama is closer to "doing no wrong" than he is to "doing EVERYTHING wrong" as the right likes to insist.

Not exactly a strong statement in favor of Obama.

habsheaven
08-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Not exactly a strong statement in favor of Obama.

It wasn't meant to be a "strong statement in favor". It was meant to be a "realistic statement" about his performance. Something you won't find anyone on the right willing to utter.

tutall
08-02-2011, 09:26 PM
It wasn't meant to be a "strong statement in favor". It was meant to be a "realistic statement" about his performance. Something you won't find anyone on the right willing to utter.

thats because I dont agree with you... On all the big issues I disagree with him... It isnt because he is black, isnt because he is a D, isnt because he is from Chicago... I disagree with him.... I disagree on the handling of the debt ceiling, I disagree with him on Obamacare, I disagree with him on Afghanistan, I disagree with him on medicare and medicaid, I disagree with him on most social issues except gay marriage, I disagree with him on wanting to close Gitmo (although I believe he has backed off that one), I disagree with him on his tax policies, I disagree with him on how he handled the bail outs and AIG/GM, I disagree with him on how he handled Libya, I disagree with how he handled Israel.... See where I am going with this... If it was a republican in power and they handled it the same way I would still be against it... Mike Pence is one of the most conservative members in the house and is my representative... Today he voted for the debt plan and for that I raise many questions... Not because he is republican but he doesnt believe the same thing I and people who live around here believe.. He is getting grilled in the media around here for it.

OnePimpTiger
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Yet you can find people on the left willing to utter they think he has done more wrong than right...not a good sign for re-election.

habsheaven
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
thats because I dont agree with you... On all the big issues I disagree with him... It isnt because he is black, isnt because he is a D, isnt because he is from Chicago... I disagree with him.... I disagree on the handling of the debt ceiling, I disagree with him on Obamacare, I disagree with him on Afghanistan, I disagree with him on medicare and medicaid, I disagree with him on most social issues except gay marriage, I disagree with him on wanting to close Gitmo (although I believe he has backed off that one), I disagree with him on his tax policies, I disagree with him on how he handled the bail outs and AIG/GM, I disagree with him on how he handled Libya, I disagree with how he handled Israel.... See where I am going with this... If it was a republican in power and they handled it the same way I would still be against it... Mike Pence is one of the most conservative members in the house and is my representative... Today he voted for the debt plan and for that I raise many questions... Not because he is republican but he doesnt believe the same thing I and people who live around here believe.. He is getting grilled in the media around here for it.

Fair enough. I happen to agree with him on most of the big issues. I agree with him, not because he is a Democrat, not because he is Black, because he sees the world as I see it.

duane1969
08-03-2011, 09:13 AM

I am on the right and i agree with your statement. I would diagree that he is wrong on everything, but I don't hear many from the right saying that he is wrong on everything.

pghin08
08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I am on the right and i agree with your statement. I would diagree that he is wrong on everything, but I don't hear many from the right saying that he is wrong on everything.

I do. The same way that I heard a lot of liberals do the same thing to Bush. You should watch Fox News, my friend!

duane1969
08-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I can't watch FoxNews or any other news much lately. I am sick of the deception and lies spewed by the media.

With that said, because some talking heads say it on TV does not equate to "everyone on the right" having the same opinion.

pghin08
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I can't watch FoxNews or any other news much lately. I am sick of the deception and lies spewed by the media.

With that said, because some talking heads say it on TV does not equate to "everyone on the right" having the same opinion.

:hug: Big hugs for this. Though I don't think everyone on the right says that, but some do.

TTMcardMaster
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
He needs to kill Bin Laden again to up those ratings again!

duane1969
08-05-2011, 09:17 AM
he needs to kill bin laden again to up those ratings again!

lol

pghin08
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
He needs to kill Bin Laden again to up those ratings again!

If I worked for the 2012 Obama campaign, I would make shirts that say:

Front- "Obama 2012"
Back- "Hey. Remember that time I shot Osama bin Laden in the face? Vote for me...or else."

andrewhoya
08-05-2011, 10:43 AM
If I worked for the 2012 Obama campaign, I would make shirts that say:

Front- "Obama 2012"
Back- "Hey. Remember that time I shot Osama bin Laden in the face? Vote for me...or else."

OBAMA didn't shoot OBL in the face.... :winking0071:

pghin08
08-05-2011, 10:47 AM
OBAMA didn't shoot OBL in the face.... :winking0071:

Hahaha. I'll always remember the look in his eyes in that Situation Room picture though. There was no time in which he looked like more of a leader than that one.

I could go on and on about how big the cojones of Navy Seals are, but it would be totally off-topic.