PDA

View Full Version : Putin calls US a parasite on global economy and

theonedru
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
he isnt too far off really, aside from the mandatory propaganda he makes some arguable valid points. Of course America will just brush it off but we should be listening. And this should not be directed towards USA but a lot of nations and global citizens.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-u-parasite-global-economy-191447751.html

pghin08
08-02-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't think the US is a parasite on the global economy, in fact, it's the vital cog. However, he brings up great points about us living well beyond our means.

And I also understand my hypocrisy in typing that last sentence on a $1500 computer.

OnePimpTiger
08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm the first person to say Americans leave beyond their means. I think it is one of the top three problems with America today, it affects so many aspects of everyday life. However, any country that slams the US for a few down years after all we have provided to the global economy needs to check themselves.

duane1969
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Japan GDP - $5.5 trillion
France GDP - $2.5 trillion
Brazil GDP - $2.0 trillion
Italy GDP - $2.0 trillion
Russia GDP - $1.4 trillion
Spain GDP - $1.4 trillion

Hmmm, seems to me that Russia needs to pick up the pace a bit before they criticize the US for being a parasite. When smallish countries like Brazil and Italy are outperforming your country then you clearly are not exactly a productive member of the global economy.

theonedru
08-02-2011, 10:10 PM
that may be true but we still live in a very self centered society where the average person has an almost gluttonous lifestyle. I mean there people making $80,000-$100,000+ a year and say that's not good enough whereas they are really just so use to living irrationally that it can boggle the mind.

pghin08
08-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Hmmm, seems to me that Russia needs to pick up the pace a bit before they criticize the US for being a parasite. When smallish countries like Brazil and Italy are outperforming your country then you clearly are not exactly a productive member of the global economy.

To be fair, cheese exports account for at least $1 trillion of this.

duane1969
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
To be fair, cheese exports account for at least $1 trillion of this.

Russia's entire GDP is nearly surpassed by France's cheese industry. Not a positive statement about Russia...

Perhaps Russia should produce cheese...then they could double their GDP.

pghin08
08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Russia's entire GDP is nearly surpassed by France's cheese industry. Not a positive statement about Russia...

Perhaps Russia should produce cheese...then they could double their GDP.

Yeah, their Gross Delicious Product.

duane1969
08-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, their Gross Delicious Product.

:sign0020:

Rockman
08-03-2011, 04:55 PM

...Really? I don't mean to defend Russia or Putin comments (Although I agree with him to a small extent) but since when is close to 200 million people smallish. Anywhoo, Brazil's population is more than Russia's.

tutall
08-03-2011, 06:28 PM
that may be true but we still live in a very self centered society where the average person has an almost gluttonous lifestyle. I mean there people making $80,000-$100,000+ a year and say that's not good enough whereas they are really just so use to living irrationally that it can boggle the mind.

Who are you to say that isnt good enough... if you are happy making 12 bucks an hour and living in a 2 bedroom apartment the rest of your life you are free to do so. If I decide to better myself and want to make a million a year, do the work to the there and decide tobuy myself a killer whale and name him Charley that is my choice to do so. Whoare you or I or anyone else to tell someone how much they are allowed to make and what they should or shouldnt do with their money

duane1969
08-03-2011, 08:26 PM
...Really? I don't mean to defend Russia or Putin comments (Although I agree with him to a small extent) but since when is close to 200 million people smallish. Anywhoo, Brazil's population is more than Russia's.

I was thinking moreso about area than population.

Tivo32
08-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Who are you to say that isnt good enough... if you are happy making 12 bucks an hour and living in a 2 bedroom apartment the rest of your life you are free to do so. If I decide to better myself and want to make a million a year, do the work to the there and decide tobuy myself a killer whale and name him Charley that is my choice to do so. Whoare you or I or anyone else to tell someone how much they are allowed to make and what they should or shouldnt do with their money

I think more what he meant was that there are people who are making $80k to $100k and who have a huge house and then a second home somewhere and are mortgaged to the hilt and can no longer pay their loans. At that point the $80k isn't enough. People living beyond their means specifically with mortgages and credit card debt is what has caused the majority of the economic problems in the US. But that's just my opinion.

And if you can afford to buy a killer whale, please do so because that is just ballin'!

theonedru
08-04-2011, 04:01 AM
I think more what he meant was that there are people who are making $80k to $100k and who have a huge house and then a second home somewhere and are mortgaged to the hilt and can no longer pay their loans. At that point the $80k isn't enough. People living beyond their means specifically with mortgages and credit card debt is what has caused the majority of the economic problems in the US. But that's just my opinion.

And if you can afford to buy a killer whale, please do so because that is just ballin'!

Spot on BINGO..

America is a nation of self centered egotistical gluttonous beasts, and I have seen what $ can do its not always a good thing believe me.

7onaldo
08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Money is the route of all evil!

Star_Cards
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Money is the route of all evil!

it's also the root. lol