PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Discussion

duane1969
08-05-2011, 09:29 AM
My wife is currently at a large education seminar in Portland, OR and she had a discussion with a professor from China. in the midst of a discussion about world happenings he told her that he has lived in the USA for 8 years but is constantly in contact with family back home and that he has noticed that American T.V. constantly lies about relations and issues in China.

He did not go into detail about specific incidents but he did say that he always takes any news report involving China with a grain of salt and then calls home to get the real story of what happened or what is going on.

Really makes me wonder just how much we see on T.V. is total propaganda and lies to manipulate the masses.

pghin08
08-05-2011, 09:53 AM
My wife is currently at a large education seminar in Portland, OR and she had a discussion with a professor from China. in the midst of a discussion about world happenings he told her that he has lived in the USA for 8 years but is constantly in contact with family back home and that he has noticed that American T.V. constantly lies about relations and issues in China.

He did not go into detail about specific incidents but he did say that he always takes any news report involving China with a grain of salt and then calls home to get the real story of what happened or what is going on.

Really makes me wonder just how much we see on T.V. is total propaganda and lies to manipulate the masses.

It's tough, because it's all about who you trust. Maybe the US media is lying, maybe it's the Chinese media. Who really knows?

Joncamburn
08-05-2011, 09:57 AM
^ +1 Exactly what I was going to say, there is most likely some truth and some lies coming out of both governments.

AUTaxMan
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I have very little faith in the American media, but I have no faith in the Chicom media. If anything, the liberal media in this country would do what they could to make the Chinese more sympathetic than they actually are.

habsheaven
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I worked with a young lady from China back in the mid-90's. We had many conversations about her homeland and I was amazed at how wrong most of our perceptions of China are.

mrveggieman
08-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Both the US/Chinese gov't and media are all liars?? What?? No I can't believe that. What are you going to tell me next? That there is no santa claus or easter bunny? Is wrestling also fixed? I'm crushed. X=(

duane1969
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Both the US/Chinese gov't and media are all liars?? What?? No I can't believe that. What are you going to tell me next? That there is no santa claus or easter bunny? Is wrestling also fixed? I'm crushed. X=(

Brace yourself...they have fake boobs and butts now too.

Rockman
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Brace yourself...they have fake boobs and butts now too.

Never trust a big butt and a smile.

duane1969
08-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Never trust a big butt and a smile.

Especially if you can see them both at the same time...:sign0020: