PDA

View Full Version : Teenagers kill random person

AUTaxMan
08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/security-video-shows-white-teens-killing-black-man-during-hate-spree/

mrveggieman
08-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Ok mr taxman why didn't you change the title of this post to white teens kill a black man? You wanted to make it known that blacks were accused of the attacks in wisc but you are trying to cover up the fact that whites are accused of killing a black man. You are starting to lose a lot of credibility over here.

Hilfiger1975
08-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Just out of pure curiosity what does this have to do with Politics or Religion?

RtdRSuperstar
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
ya know.... veggie... as far as race goes it's not just one race.... it's every race. humans in general are cruel. i know that there has been a strand of posts on here that have been posted about race..... it's not whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, indian, korean, etc. ALL HUMANS ARE CRUEL BY NATURE.

Hilfiger1975
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
ya know.... veggie... as far as race goes it's not just one race.... it's every race. humans in general are cruel. i know that there has been a strand of posts on here that have been posted about race..... it's not whites, blacks, asians, hispanics, indian, korean, etc. ALL HUMANS ARE CRUEL BY NATURE.

+1

P.S. I love your avatar card! :love0030:

NyFanCam01
08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
stupid kid. I hope the worst for him.

RtdRSuperstar
08-08-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks hilfiger...... it's FT or FS :) js

wrigleyfield
08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Death penalty should be you die exactly how you kill.

andrewhoya
08-08-2011, 07:53 PM

+1

P.S. I love your avatar card! :love0030:

+2, well said!

The one question I have.... There were reports from witnesses; why didn't they do anything?

mrveggieman
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM

My point exactly. I'm trying to get taxman to see the same thing. He seems to highlight when blacks or muslims are accused of a crime but when whites or so called christians commit a crime he sweeps it under the rug. I agree that all races, religions, nationalities have done wrong to each other and if you are going to call out one group you need to call them all out.

AUTaxMan
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Ok mr taxman why didn't you change the title of this post to white teens kill a black man? You wanted to make it known that blacks were accused of the attacks in wisc but you are trying to cover up the fact that whites are accused of killing a black man. You are starting to lose a lot of credibility over here.

No, I just posted this story the exact way in which you would have had me post the other one. I was just using this story to illustrate the double standard, and I got the response I expected.

ensbergcollector
08-09-2011, 12:29 AM

you are the only one losing credibility. you attacked the way he posted the other article but you wanted him to do the same for this one? No one was trying to cover up anything. You used to post logical, clear arguments now you seem to attack anyone who is even an inch to the right of middle ground. I know you stand by everything you post but you should know you are losing a lot of the respect you gained from your early posts.

mrveggieman
08-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm not buying it. You started a racially charged conversation on the other post now you are trying to accuse me of having a double standard??? You and sanfran22 make it clear that you despise...

RtdRSuperstar
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
mrveggieman, I love that your sig says that all of your cards come from a smoke and drug free household. +1 on that!

And not to be funny, but I seriously believe the man was on to something when he said it. But in the words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?"

It's bad enough we have politicians, religions, and families fighting against each other with no credible outcome. Let's not make everything into a racial, political, social, religious, or ethical war on here.

It's okay to talk about this stuff, but too often than not it become personal. Somewhere along the way we've forgotten that we have our own opinions just like everyone we speak to on here. Whether the article that was posted on this thread or any other thread is racial, we need to be the bigger person(s) and make a conscious effort not to become who we call monsters or outlandish.

pghin08
08-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Did I miss something here? This is a pretty disturbing comment, and equally disturbing that others have parroted this. All humans are cruel by nature? You have clearly never met me, or 99% of the people I know.

andrewhoya
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Did I miss something here? This is a pretty disturbing comment, and equally disturbing that others have parroted this. All humans are cruel by nature? You have clearly never met me, or 99% of the people I know.

Have you EVER done something cruel? While most humans are not cruel 100% of the time (some are), I'm sure theres something you have done that could fit into that category. I know I have :)

RtdRSuperstar
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
so you're telling me that you've never done anything cruel in your life? whether it be call someone a name, think something bad about another person, get into a fight?

it was an in general statement....... not an attack on any person individually.

Humankind when spoken about as a whole includes me, you, the man down the street, the woman on the other side of the planet, and the kid playing on the playground.... not just you and the 99% of the people you know.

Star_Cards
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
you are the only one losing credibility. you attacked the way he posted the other article but you wanted him to do the same for this one? No one was trying to cover up anything. You used to post logical, clear arguments now you seem to attack anyone who is even an inch to the right of middle ground. I know you stand by everything you post but you should know you are losing a lot of the respect you gained from your early posts.

I think his main issue is with the headlines that TAX chose to use when posting two similar stories. One obviously eluded to being racially motivated and the other didn't. If you read the stories the racial aspects of both are not hidden, but the headlines used for posting on SCF are definitely not similar. I can see where he's coming from, Although I'm not going to claim to know Tax's beliefs of race from the two headlines.

Star_Cards
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM

I couldn't agree more. I was rather confused by him saying humans are cruel by nature. Yes certain humans have done very cruel things throughout history, but that's in no way to lump all human's into that group. I agree that humans do cruel things like bullying someone or insulting someone, but to compare that with murdering or beating someone if laughable.

AUTaxMan
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I think his main issue is with the headlines that TAX chose to use when posting two similar stories. One obviously eluded to being racially motivated and the other didn't. If you read the stories the racial aspects of both are not hidden, but the headlines used for posting on SCF are definitely not similar. I can see where he's coming from, Although I'm not going to claim to know Tax's beliefs of race from the two headlines.

I did it to illustrate a point, and I think I did so quite effectively. Personally, I think both of the crimes are abhorrent.

RtdRSuperstar
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
well your opinion of cruel is different than mine then sir.... because cruel is cruel.... sure murdering someone or beating someone isn't the same as bullying or name calling.
doesn't mean that humans don't do cruel things. maybe i should have said that humans naturally do cruel things. we may not be a cruel person, and we may not do cruel thing all of the time, but are cruel to one another.

Bostonfan46
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
+2, well said!

The one question I have.... There were reports from witnesses; why didn't they do anything?

sadly, most people would rather just sit and watch and stay a safe distance away instead of help a kid who is dying in the street

pghin08
08-09-2011, 10:44 AM
so you're telling me that you've never done anything cruel in your life? whether it be call someone a name, think something bad about another person, get into a fight?

it was an in general statement....... not an attack on any person individually.

Humankind when spoken about as a whole includes me, you, the man down the street, the woman on the other side of the planet, and the kid playing on the playground.... not just you and the 99% of the people you know.

There is a massive difference in doing something cruel or bad, and naturally being that way. I, by nature, am a good person, and I assume you probably are as well. The majority of the things that I do are moral and decent. Yes, humans slip up, myself included. I've done things I'm not proud of. But my default setting is CERTAINLY not cruel.

andrewhoya
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
sadly, most people would rather just sit and watch and stay a safe distance away instead of help a kid who is dying in the street
Adult :winking0071:

But, you're right, and that's the sad thing.

andrewhoya
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
There is a massive difference in doing something cruel or bad, and naturally being that way. I, by nature, am a good person, and I assume you probably are as well. The majority of the things that I do are moral and decent. Yes, humans slip up, myself included. I've done things I'm not proud of. But my default setting is CERTAINLY not cruel.

So, would it be better if he said "Humans do cruel things by nature"?

RtdRSuperstar
08-09-2011, 10:48 AM
no, i didn't mean that you're a cruel person. what i meant, and as i said in my prior post ( i think 2 up from this), is we do cruel things naturally. it DOES slip. I'm agreeing with you there.
that doesn't make anyone a cruel person. just means we do cruel things. so to retract and rephrase.....
We do cruel things as humans. May not be in our nature to be a cruel person, but we DO cruel things.

RtdRSuperstar
08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
:) sorry for the confusion. i was upset about this article as i am with any article where people are cruel to another human as was in this one. just disgusted that we can do this to each other.

pghin08
08-09-2011, 10:56 AM
no, i didn't mean that you're a cruel person. what i meant, and as i said in my prior post ( i think 2 up from this), is we do cruel things naturally. it DOES slip. I'm agreeing with you there.
that doesn't make anyone a cruel person. just means we do cruel things. so to retract and rephrase.....
We do cruel things as humans. May not be in our nature to be a cruel person, but we DO cruel things.

Gotcha, now we're on the same boat.

mrveggieman
08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I agree that all segments of society have done cruel things to one another. What we need to do is come together as one instead of fighting over our trivial differences.

Star_Cards
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
I did it to illustrate a point, and I think I did so quite effectively. Personally, I think both of the crimes are abhorrent.

When you posted the original story with your headline did you already have plans to post this story with the much less descriptive headline?

Seems to me that your choice in headline details is the double standard.

Star_Cards
08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
well your opinion of cruel is different than mine then sir.... because cruel is cruel.... sure murdering someone or beating someone isn't the same as bullying or name calling.
doesn't mean that humans don't do cruel things. maybe i should have said that humans naturally do cruel things. we may not be a cruel person, and we may not do cruel thing all of the time, but are cruel to one another.

I agree that with that addendum to your original statement.

Star_Cards
08-09-2011, 12:46 PM
:) sorry for the confusion. i was upset about this article as i am with any article where people are cruel to another human as was in this one. just disgusted that we can do this to each other.

yeah, it's sad that people can not think about another human being as having value even if that person doesn't have direct value to oneself. People who want to be violent towards someone for no other fact than what they look like makes me absolutely sick.

AUTaxMan
08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
When you posted the original story with your headline did you already have plans to post this story with the much less descriptive headline?

Seems to me that your choice in headline details is the double standard.

The first headline was posted to describe the actual event and raise attention to but one of the many cases of these black flash mob attacks on white people that have been popping up around the country. (If you haven't noticed, you haven't been paying attention. They have become a serious problem in cities like Chicago and Philly).

The second was merely a response to mrveg's reaction to my first post, using his preferred criteria for posting a heading and stripping out all evidence of the racial aspect, to which he apparently turns a blind eye when blacks attack whites, but should be shouted from the rooftops when the opposite occurs.

The same goes fr his religious posts. He only posts articles of ministers, churches, etc. doing BAD things. Never posts articles about when they do good.

Star_Cards
08-09-2011, 12:58 PM
The first headline was posted to describe the actual event and raise attention to but one of the many cases of these black flash mob attacks on white people that have been popping up around the country. (If you haven't noticed, you haven't been paying attention. They have become a serious problem in cities like Chicago and Philly).

The second was merely a response to mrveg's reaction to my first post, using his preferred criteria for posting a heading and stripping out all evidence of the racial aspect, to which he apparently turns a blind eye when blacks attack whites, but should be shouted from the rooftops when the opposite occurs.

The same goes fr his religious posts. He only posts articles of ministers, churches, etc. doing BAD things. Never posts articles about when they do good.

I think to some your intent with the second post headline was missed. I know it was by me. I initially wondered why the first one was detailed and the second one wasn't. I'm not so sure your assumption about mrveg turning a blind eye to black violence towards white is correct, but I guess I don't know for certain.

As for posting in general, most people here post things that support their beliefs/agendas so that's pretty typical across the board. Not just with mrveg.

mrveggieman
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM

There you go with your assumptions. I call everyone out regardless of race, religion, ethnic backround, etc. The reason why you say that I am calling out whites and christians is because you never want to admit when they do wrong even though the bibble says "forall have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Also since there are not that many muslims on this site I am going to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves and are being bullied by the majority. Also FYI my brother is a christian minister and another minister who I really like who is caucasian is Rick Warren the author of A Purpose Driven Life. If you are not familiar with his work I suggest that you google him.