mrveggieman
08-10-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.ktvu.com/news/28807416/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

tutall
08-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Im sure those teens were right wing christian nutjobs

Star_Cards
08-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I doubt they were right winged nutjobs, but they could have potentially been swayed by anti gay statements brought about by so many US citizens discriminating against them by fighting to keep them from being able to marry one another.

mrveggieman
08-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Im sure those teens were right wing christian nutjobs

:sign0020:

AUTaxMan
08-15-2011, 11:13 AM
I doubt they were right winged nutjobs, but they could have potentially been swayed by anti gay statements brought about by so many US citizens discriminating against them by fighting to keep them from being able to marry one another.

"Could have potentially been swayed" is not enough to even bring the two subjects into the same conversation.

sanfran22
08-15-2011, 03:28 PM
I wonder if Kobe and J. Noah were "right wing Christian nutjobs"?

mrveggieman
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I wonder if Kobe and J. Noah were "right wing Christian nutjobs"?

I'm not sure. Have either of them been accused of physically assulting someone because of their sexual preference?

sanfran22
08-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure. Have either of them been accused of physically assulting someone because of their sexual preference?
Do you know it was because of their preference? Did it state for sure the individual was gay? Or were they just shouting anything they could think of? You are making alot of assumptions it appears. Was the ref gay when Kobe did it? The fan when noah did it?

Star_Cards
08-15-2011, 03:39 PM
"Could have potentially been swayed" is not enough to even bring the two subjects into the same conversation.

I'm not claiming it is and even if it were it would be no justification for anyone doing this. That's why it was worded as such because I don't know. Young people (or any age really) are influenced by what they see and hear.

My point is that bigotry is usually a product of upbringing and the type of people one is around. A lot of time people that have bigoted feelings towards another group is due to other influential people during a young person's life who also share these feelings. In my opinion people protesting and barking about how horrible same sex marriage is and how homosexuality is wrong has to have some sort of influence on people.

I'd bet that most people that are so against homosexuality or even hate gays probably have an influential person in their life that also has the same hate. Although I don't claim to know these hypothetical people's political affiliations.

Star_Cards
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Do you know it was because of their preference? Did it state for sure the individual was gay? Or were they just shouting anything they could think of? You are making alot of assumptions it appears. Was the ref gay when Kobe did it? The fan when noah did it?

true, they could have been idiots that think being gay is less than being straight and that's what they say to demean anyone.

mrveggieman
08-15-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not claiming it is and even if it were it would be no justification for anyone doing this. That's why it was worded as such because I don't know. Young people (or any age really) are influenced by what they see and hear.

My point is that bigotry is usually a product of upbringing and the type of people one is around. A lot of time people that have bigoted feelings towards another group is due to other influential people during a young person's life who also share these feelings. In my opinion people protesting and barking about how horrible same sex marriage is and how homosexuality is wrong has to have some sort of influence on people.

I'd bet that most people that are so against homosexuality or even hate gays probably have an influential person in their life that also has the same hate. Although I don't claim to know these hypothetical people's political affiliations.

Or they have a conservative republican nearby. :sign0020:

Star_Cards
08-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Or they have a conservative republican nearby. :sign0020:

well all joking aside not all conservative republicans are that way.

sanfran22
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Disagreeing with homosexuality doesn't mean you hate gays fyi........