PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Heckled At Townhall Meeting

duane1969
08-22-2011, 10:42 PM
She really doesn't like people who are informed about the issues. For so many years Dems just accepted her at face value...thankfully, no more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYx8YoxhPg&annotation_id=annotation_812890&feature=iv

INTIMADATOR2007
08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
There are a few democrats that REALLY need to be voted out that really make them look bad . They say all the violence and dangerous talk come from the right , I would contend it comes from people like Pelosi, Max. Waters , Debbie Wassermann Schultz and many more from the left .There are some major Friutcakes on that side of the isle .

pghin08
08-23-2011, 09:03 AM
she's a joke.

mrveggieman
08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
There are a few democrats that REALLY need to be voted out that really make them look bad . They say all the violence and dangerous talk come from the right , I would contend it comes from people like Pelosi, Max. Waters , Debbie Wassermann Schultz and many more from the left .There are some major Friutcakes on that side of the isle .

Let's not go there with some of thse nutjob right wing republicans....:sign0020:

Star_Cards
08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
both sides have people that need to move along. I never like pelosi.

One good reason to start having term limits.

sanfran22
08-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm in fro term limits...You may get rid of some good ones, but I'll take my chances. No more Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Waters, Snowe, Collins, McCain ect ect would be nice

Star_Cards
08-23-2011, 09:35 AM
yeah, term limits may move some good ones out, but you wouldn't have people in office that are stale and never have to worry about being defeated in their election until they die. Plus, I think term limits may cause some people to worry about who they are working for more so than worrying about votes for the next election cycle.

I think a lot of people vote for just names they know. The old guard have name recognition and people just vote for them because they've been there for so long.

sanfran22
08-23-2011, 09:45 AM
yeah, term limits may move some good ones out, but you wouldn't have people in office that are stale and never have to worry about being defeated in their election until they die. Plus, I think term limits may cause some people to worry about who they are working for more so than worrying about votes for the next election cycle.

I think a lot of people vote for just names they know. The old guard have name recognition and people just vote for them because they've been there for so long.

It could also work in reverse. They may try some crazy stuff knowing they can't be re-elected.....But I'd take my chances, lol.

Star_Cards
08-23-2011, 10:56 AM
It could also work in reverse. They may try some crazy stuff knowing they can't be re-elected.....But I'd take my chances, lol.

true. I just think politicians keep themselves from doing what they know is right just to keep their party or special interests that help keep them employed from getting upset at them. I think special interest would have less control... but as I say that I guess those special interest could offer jobs to out going politicians if they do what they want while in office. I guess there are ways around any sort of trying to control outside influences (bribes).

tylermckinzie
08-28-2011, 03:14 AM
LOL- I have to read this and laugh with my own rationale.

While so many of us would set here and lament the fact Pelosi keeps getting elected (including me, a moderate Democrat), the fact is that she is probably representing the views of the people in her district that keep electing her. It is definitely true that my Arizona background probably doesn't necessarily fall in line with a lot of beliefs that are prevalent in other areas, particularly areas like San Francisco or Oregon or other more liberal populations. But just because I don't elect her doesn't mean she doesn't represent those who vote for her.

Maybe that's why we don't like Congress as a whole- too many people don't seem to fit our ideals of a congressman and congresswoman. Of course, that might be part of the reason they don't get along and work together well.

Or maybe it's just really late here and I am thinking way too hard about this.....

habsheaven
08-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Today is the first time I actually watched this video. Looks like just another attempt to bash a politician. She does absolutely nothing wrong in the video and handles the heckling very well considering they were all shouting at once. You would think the hecklers could get their act together and ask clear concise questions one at a time to see what her response would be. Kinda like this thread, bashing for the sake of bashing, and nothing more.

duane1969
08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
If you consider this thread bashing for the sake of bashing, so be it. Let he who is without sin...