PDA

View Full Version : Republicans plan to raise taxes on the middle class and the poor

mrveggieman
08-24-2011, 10:51 AM
You gotta love these republicans:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-will-raise-taxes--on-the-middle-class-and-working-poor/2011/08/23/gIQAEDJuZJ_story.html?hpid=z3

theonedru
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
And this surprises us how? I mean they treat us like garbage, they lie, cheat and steal, they basically commit treason against their own peoples and yet as a nation we sit here and take it. Sure we complain about it a lot but we take no real actions. People need to quit complaining unless they actually start to do something about things. It's getting tiresome, we have become a nation of fat lazy conformists cowering in front of our computer/tv/phone screens just barley existing these days instead of living.

mrveggieman
08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
And this surprises us how? I mean they treat us like garbage, they lie, cheat and steal, they basically commit treason against their own peoples and yet as a nation we sit here and take it. Sure we complain about it a lot but we take no real actions. People need to quit complaining unless they actually start to do something about things. It's getting tiresome, we have become a nation of fat lazy conformists cowering in front of our computer/tv/phone screens just barley existing these days instead of living.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :sign0020:

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
:love0030:

shrewsbury
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Did anyone actually read it?

. It’s the payroll tax that they want to raise — to 6.2 percent from 4.2 percent of your paycheck, a level established for one year in December’s budget deal at Democrats’ insistence.

funny with all the tax hikes, job loss, entitlement increases (yes a 33% increase in foodstamps alone, yeah that is 33%), the dems insist on a payroll tax hike and the repubs get the blame.

some how it is fair for me to pay more taxes than you (% wise) and the super rich to pay a higher % than me? how about earn your own friggin money, keep your paws off mine, get a job, and be happy with what you have, rather than feeling entitled to what i have.

instead of dropping out of school, living in your moma's basement, and complaining that to work at mc d's is below you and others don't pay enough, you actually get a job.

i have 3 teens who all have jobs, but yet YOU can't find one??????

NO, you just want stuff handed to you, rather than busting your booty to get it yourself.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 01:21 PM

some how it is fair for me to pay more taxes than you (% wise) and the super rich to pay a higher % than me? how about earn your own friggin money, keep your paws off mine, get a job, and be happy with what you have, rather than feeling entitled to what i have.

I agree it isn't fair and a flat tax is the way to go.

mrveggieman
08-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I agree it isn't fair and a flat tax is the way to go.

I'm all for the flat tax as well. The problem is that most of the canidates who have expressed intrested in it (except for ron paul if i am not mistaken) are complete jerks in all other areas of politics and would be terrible for our country.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm all for the flat tax as well. The problem is that most of the canidates who have expressed intrested in it (except for ron paul if i am not mistaken) are complete jerks in all other areas of politics and would be terrible for our country.

I really don't care if someone is a jerk if they can be a leader and lead this country out of the hole we are in.

mrveggieman
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I really don't care if someone is a jerk if they can be a leader and lead this country out of the hole we are in.

That's the whole problem. They may be infavor of the flat tax but will lead us to hell in every thing that they do. I don't want anybody like that in office.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 01:52 PM

funny with all the tax hikes, job loss, entitlement increases (yes a 33% increase in foodstamps alone, yeah that is 33%), the dems insist on a payroll tax hike and the repubs get the blame.

instead of dropping out of school, living in your moma's basement, and complaining that to work at mc d's is below you and others don't pay enough, you actually get a job.

NO, you just want stuff handed to you, rather than busting your booty to get it yourself.
Is that why people with degrees from college can't find jobs too?

Stereotypes died in the 90's...

habsheaven
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM

Maybe you ought to re-read it yourself. The Democrats insistence was for the reduction to the 4.2% rate. It's the Republicans that want to let that reduction expire on Dec 31st at which time the rate will revert back to 6.2%.

shrewsbury
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
with 3 teens that are employed, perhaps the college grads need to actually look for a job, and learn sometimes you need to settle for now and upgrade their job later.

people for some reason think they deserve only the best, great in theory, but not in application.

you have to actually work to have work experience, education is great (and yes all 3 of mine are literally leaving for college this year), but does not replace hard work.

this is the same junk with the mortgage issues, you know what you can afford now, so get that, may not be your dream home, but you can upgrade later, rather than lose your dream later.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Is that why people with degrees from college can't find jobs too?

Stereotypes died in the 90's...

What field are the majority of these graduates degrees in?

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 02:52 PM
with 3 teens that are employed, perhaps the college grads need to actually look for a job, and learn sometimes you need to settle for now and upgrade their job later.

people for some reason think they deserve only the best, great in theory, but not in application.

you have to actually work to have work experience, education is great (and yes all 3 of mine are literally leaving for college this year), but does not replace hard work.

this is the same junk with the mortgage issues, you know what you can afford now, so get that, may not be your dream home, but you can upgrade later, rather than lose your dream later.
Most places want you to have work experience in your profession, but how can you do that when there is no one to hire you? Working at McDonald's does not count as work experience for a college profession. The morale of your story is you stereotyped people then wanted to use a theory of what should be done or how it can be done...

You are a very narrow minded-person if you honestly believe for one minute people buy houses just to lose them. I'm not sure if you are aware of what's happened in the real world, but millions of Americans have lost there job during this recession. You must live in a perfect world where no one losses their jobs and just losing their house of ignorance of not paying bills. In your world do people get college degrees and then a job in their chosen preofession too for job experience? I find it hillarious you wanted to preach about "great in theory", but your whole post displays nothing but "theories". :rolleyes:

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 02:53 PM
What field are the majority of these graduates degrees in?
All of them...there is people with master's degrees that can't find jobs...i know a few people with bachelor's that can't find jobs in their profession to even get more job experience...that's why most people now in college are having to get two degrees...

pghin08
08-24-2011, 02:56 PM
All of them...there is people with master's degrees that can't find jobs...

My brother is one of them. College degrees aren't job tickets anymore. One of my friends, post-college, applied for over 300 jobs, from McDonalds to actual grown-up jobs. It took him a year and half to get a job. He's not lazy or dumb, that's just how bad it is.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 03:00 PM
All of them...there is people with master's degrees that can't find jobs...i know a few people with bachelor's that can't find jobs in their profession to even get more job experience...that's why most people now in college are having to get two degrees...

A master's in what?

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 03:00 PM
My brother is one of them. College degrees aren't job tickets anymore. One of my friends, post-college, applied for over 300 jobs, from McDonalds to actual grown-up jobs. It took him a year and half to get a job. He's not lazy or dumb, that's just how bad it is.
I'm aware some people just don't realize how hard it is for the people that are actually trying and try to throw EVERYONE in the stereotypical role of lazy, high school drop outs, that live in their mom's basement and whatever other retarded thing they want to stereotype about...

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 03:02 PM
A master's in what?
Are you being serious or just want to argue with me? But since you have no idea how to use the internet let's say:

master's degree in Industrial Engineering or Business in Logistics/Supply Chain.

The two people i know personally have a master's in business and a Bachelor's in Business...

Actually make that three people i know a RN looking for a job but no one will hire her since she has no work experience...as an RN...

shrewsbury
08-24-2011, 03:02 PM
i am narrow minded because common sense is very narrow.

a college profession?? college is education not employment, unless you work there, and guess what, you don't need a college degree to even work there, but i am sure those jobs would be beneath you.

and the last time i checked, mc d's has managers, professional chefs (for new product development), accountants, franchise owners, and many other positions that are what you would deem as professional, so get your foot in the door cleaning the toilets and make your way up.

oh, and it is hard to show application on the internet, but this may be your "real world".

get a life, and i am glad i could stir things up a bit, even if I had to be called names in the process.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Are you being serious or just want to argue with me? But since you have no idea how to use the internet let's say:

master's degree in Industrial Engineering or Business in Logistics/Supply Chain.

The two people i know personally have a master's in business and a Bachelor's in Business...

Actually make that three people i know a RN looking for a job but no one will hire her since she has no work experience...as an RN...

Not sure what using the internet has to do with asking a simple question?

My point is yes the economy is bad right now but having a degree guarantees nothing nor should it. I have friends that have liberal arts degrees and yeah they are having a hard time getting a job but I also have friends who went to trade school and they seem to be doing fine. I think people should focus more on what degree will help them get a job more than what degree is the most fun.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 03:09 PM

a college profession?? college is education not employment, unless you work there, and guess what, you don't need a college degree to even work there, but i am sure those jobs would be beneath you.

and the last time i checked, mc d's has managers, professional chefs (for new product development), accountants, franchise owners, and many other positions that are what you would deem as professional, so get your foot in the door cleaning the toilets and make your way up.

oh, and it is hard to show application on the internet, but this may be your "real world".

get a life, and i am glad i could stir things up a bit, even if I had to be called names in the process.
That's all you did was "stir things up". Because common sense wasn't to common for you...

Last i checked cleaning toilets at McDonald's doesn't pay bills and college bills.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Not sure what using the internet has to do with asking a simple question?

My point is yes the economy is bad right now but having a degree guarantees nothing nor should it. I have friends that have liberal arts degrees and yeah they are having a hard time getting a job but I also have friends who went to trade school and they seem to be doing fine. I think people should focus more on what degree will help them get a job more than what degree is the most fun.
Not everyone wants to go to school for wind turbines...i go to college for the profession i want to be in since i'm gonna have to pay for it anyways...

shrewsbury
08-24-2011, 03:15 PM
but goverment bailouts, entitlements, and my tax dollars do?

they would pay the bills just fine if you lived within your own means and stopped worrying about what others have.

but i guess the riots in greece and england reflect nothing of that, right?

AND,
YOU CAN"T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT IF YOU TRY SOMETIMES, YOU JUST MAY FIND, YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 03:20 PM
but goverment bailouts, entitlements, and my tax dollars do?

they would pay the bills just fine if you lived within your own means and stopped worrying about what others have.

but i guess the riots in greece and england reflect nothing of that, right?

AND,
YOU CAN"T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT IF YOU TRY SOMETIMES, YOU JUST MAY FIND, YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED
I could care less about the three things you just mentioned because they don't pertain to me. And i could care less about what you have. But thanks for stereotyping me, again. And i could care less about what happens in other countries. The bottom line is you tried to sterotype everyone and failed miserably.

And,

“Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/stereotypes_are_devices_for_saving_a_biased/175816.html)”

pghin08
08-24-2011, 03:24 PM

Sorry, but if you don't see that we live in a difficult job market, you're blind. We're at 9% unemployment and probably close to 20% who are underemployed. You seem to be arguing that those who don't have jobs are lazy. I'm telling you that's flat-out wrong.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 03:25 PM
sorry, but if you don't see that we live in a difficult job market, you're blind. We're at 9% unemployment and probably close to 20% who are underemployed. You seem to be arguing that those who don't have jobs are lazy. I'm telling you that's flat-out wrong.
+1

And that's all i've been trying to say this whole time...

dherm360
08-24-2011, 03:49 PM

My niece just graduated and passed the state bar exam for nursing. She applied at nearly every hospital in a 4 or 5 county range and no one hires without some type of nursing experience. She just got hired for her first job as an RN at a nursing home. Is it her dream job, or something she invisioned when going to college, no, she probably thinks its below her too, but needed to take this job to gain experience. I'm sure she will do a fine job and "upgrade" to a hospital in the next few years.

Sometimes you have to take a job that you think is beneath you. I went to the Police academy with some that took security jobs at malls, not glamourous but they were in the law enforcement field and moved up from job to job until they landed with the county.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 04:19 PM
My niece just graduated and passed the state bar exam for nursing. She applied at nearly every hospital in a 4 or 5 county range and no one hires without some type of nursing experience. She just got hired for her first job as an RN at a nursing home. Is it her dream job, or something she invisioned when going to college, no, she probably thinks its below her too, but needed to take this job to gain experience. I'm sure she will do a fine job and "upgrade" to a hospital in the next few years.

Sometimes you have to take a job that you think is beneath you. I went to the Police academy with some that took security jobs at malls, not glamourous but they were in the law enforcement field and moved up from job to job until they landed with the county.

Exactly I like my job so I am fortunate but there are things I don't like about it. Like being away from my family for long extents of time and not really getting to choose where we live but it is a sacrifice we have to make. I think some people are too prideful to make the necessary sacrifices.

sanfran22
08-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Isn't this the Tax that goes to social security? I thought they were talking about letting the cut expire to try and help SS. They were talking about tax cuts in different areas to make up. At least thats how I read it....
Once again, I would ask people to study the issues rather then read a snip from a paper. This issue is not what the OP would have you believe. The repubs want permanent across the board tax cuts. That's one of the issues at hand from what I understand.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM

I agree with what you are saying 100%. She is getting experience in her chosen field. Sometimes getting work experience in your chosen field is even hard, let alone get a job for what you went to college for.

We are in a new day and age and the days of getting a great job with only a HS Diploma are over. Now it's have 2 or more degrees at the college level along with 12 months or more of actually work experience...and even when you do that you got 100 more people in front of you applying for the same job...

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Exactly I like my job so I am fortunate but there are things I don't like about it. Like being away from my family for long extents of time and not really getting to choose where we live but it is a sacrifice we have to make. I think some people are too prideful to make the necessary sacrifices.
Are you in your chosen profession? Those things you don't like go with the job you worked to get. Some people are having a hard time even getting a job period in their chosen profession. If i go to college to be a RN there is a difference from not being able to get a
RN job and not liking to clean up urine. Two different arguments...

So my question to you is what is worse not being able to be in a profession you spent tens of thousands of dollars to do or have to travel and nevel see your kids? Do you see what i'm trying to say? I'm not saying your wrong i'm just saying you are arguing about jobs duties and trying to compare it to NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A JOB IN YOUR PROFESSION...

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
We are in a new day and age and the days of getting a great job with only a HS Diploma are over. Now it's have 2 or more degrees at the college level along with 12 months or more of actually work experience...and even when you do that you got 100 more people in front of you applying for the same job...

I disagree with this. There are plenty of opportunities without getting a college degree you just have to apply yourself and choose the right path.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm not saying your wrong i'm just saying you are arguing about jobs duties and trying to compare it to NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A JOB IN YOUR PROFESSION...

I had to switch professions for my current job.

sanfran22
08-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I disagree with this. There are plenty of opportunities without getting a college degree you just have to apply yourself and choose the right path.
+1. The govt does like to make you think you cant make it w/o a degree. It's a big racket. Have you seen what you can get degrees in nowadays? You could cut half the programs and we'd be better off. But nooooo, we couldn't do that could we.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Can you give me some examples? I know of coal miners and trade jobs?

sanfran22
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Are you in your chosen profession? Those things you don't like go with the job you worked to get. Some people are having a hard time even getting a job period in their chosen profession. If i go to college to be a RN there is a difference from not being able to get a
RN job and not liking to clean up urine. Two different arguments...

So my question to you is what is worse not being able to be in a profession you spent tens of thousands of dollars to do or have to travel and nevel see your kids? Do you see what i'm trying to say? I'm not saying your wrong i'm just saying you are arguing about jobs duties and trying to compare it to NOT BEING ABLE TO GET A JOB IN YOUR PROFESSION...
When did getting a college degree gaurentee you a job period, let alone a job in your field?

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 04:54 PM
I had to switch professions for my current job.
Ya, that sucks...for obviously more money, i hope...

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
When did getting a college degree gaurentee you a job period, let alone a job in your field?
Well when i get my college degree in Culinary Arts we'll both stand in line for a job as a chef and see who gets it faster or some one with 10 years of cooking underneath their belt...i never said anything is guaranteed anywhere i'm saying everything you go to school for can/maybe be a requirement to do your chosen profession...

pghin08
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
+1. The govt does like to make you think you cant make it w/o a degree. It's a big racket. Have you seen what you can get degrees in nowadays? You could cut half the programs and we'd be better off. But nooooo, we couldn't do that could we.

I kind of agree with you.

Hilfiger1975
08-24-2011, 05:01 PM
I agree to a certain point, too.

jaybird_1981
08-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Can you give me some examples? I know of coal miners and etc.

The IT field is a good example. A lot of those jobs are much more interested in your experience and what vendor certs you have than if you have a 4-year degree or not.