PDA

View Full Version : Indiana college does not play national anthem before games

mrveggieman
08-26-2011, 09:48 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Indiana-college-not-playing-the-national-anthem-?urn=ncaab-wp4428

andrewhoya
08-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Is that a problem?..

mrveggieman
08-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Is that a problem?..

I don't have a problem with it at all. There is no law forcing anoyne to play the national anthem prior to games. I'm not sure what the NCAA's stance on it is but as we all know I couldn't care less about what the ncaa thinks. I'm glad that this school is standing up for it's beliefs and not letting the right wingers intimidate them. :cheer2:

andrewhoya
08-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't have a problem with it at all. There is no law forcing anoyne to play the national anthem prior to games. I'm not sure what the NCAA's stance on it is but as we all know I couldn't care less about what the ncaa thinks. I'm glad that this school is standing up for it's beliefs and not letting the right wingers intimidate them. :cheer2:

Touche :winking0071: I bet there will be many more schools who will do the same, even if they aren't the big-name schools.

pghin08
08-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I love it. America the Beautiful is better anyways.

mrveggieman
08-26-2011, 10:24 AM
To be honest I'm not big on the national anthem before high school, college, and pro games its too political. Some people don't believe in the national anthem for various reasons and their beliefs should not be infringed upon. I would be ok with a moment of silence before games for prayer, medition, singing your national anthem to yourself or whatever motivates yourself.

andrewhoya
08-26-2011, 10:44 AM
To be honest I'm not big on the national anthem before high school, college, and pro games its too political. Some people don't believe in the national anthem for various reasons and their beliefs should not be infringed upon. I would be ok with a moment of silence before games for prayer, medition, singing your national anthem to yourself or whatever motivates yourself.

Moment of silence would be great.

I hate the Pledge of Allegiance, though. Its not even true.

Star_Cards
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't have an issue with the national anthem before games, but also don't have an issue with it not being played either. Sometimes it's a good ramp up to the game action/anticipation. I think moments of silence are pretty awkward in a big group. I prefer not to be a part of them. lol

duane1969
08-26-2011, 11:34 AM

So if you support playing the National Anthem then you are a right-winger and therefore guilty of what?...patriotism?...loving my country?

Fine by me. It's better than the option.

To be honest I'm not big on the national anthem before high school, college, and pro games its too political. Some people don't believe in the national anthem for various reasons and their beliefs should not be infringed upon.

Similarly, other peoples beliefs and opinions should not infringe upon my right to hear my National Anthem played before a sporting event.

That aside, what could possibly be against anyone's beliefs in the National Anthem? There is no mention of religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference or any other "politically correct" subject. Have the liberals actually gotten so sensitive that the words "The bombs bursting in air" causes them to pee a little in their pants because it might possibly have some potential reference to war?

I would be ok with a moment of silence before games for prayer, medition, singing your national anthem to yourself or whatever motivates yourself.

So you support a flash mob instead of a song playing over the sound system? :rolleyes:

I don't have an issue with the national anthem before games, but also don't have an issue with it not being played either. Sometimes it's a good ramp up to the game action/anticipation. I think moments of silence are pretty awkward in a big group. I prefer not to be a part of them. lol

Considering nobody is really silent.

Star_Cards
08-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't really see how the national anthem would offend someone or infringe on their rights. I'd say that the price of concessions would offend me way more than listening to the national anthem.

mrveggieman
08-26-2011, 11:55 AM
So if you support playing the National Anthem then you are a right-winger and therefore guilty of what?...patriotism?...loving my country?

Fine by me. It's better than the option.

Similarly, other peoples beliefs and opinions should not infringe upon my right to hear my National Anthem played before a sporting event.

That aside, what could possibly be against anyone's beliefs in the National Anthem? There is no mention of religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference or any other "politically correct" subject. Have the liberals actually gotten so sensitive that the words "The bombs bursting in air" causes them to pee a little in their pants because it might possibly have some potential reference to war?

So you support a flash mob instead of a song playing over the sound system? :rolleyes:

Considering nobody is really silent.

Some religions actually don't believe in the national anthem or that type of stuff. The jehovas witness are one that comes to mind. Also everyone has the right to love their country, God, the easter bunny or anyone or anything that they chose to love. That being said just because you have the right to love those things your beliefs should not and cannot infringe on the rights of others who don't share your same beliefs.

Star_Cards
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't think having to listen to a short song before a game wether or not if you believe in it infringes on anyones right. They choose to go to a game and most people know the anthem will be sung before hand. If it bothers you they can choose not to go.

I'd say the crap halftime shows at the superbowl have offended more people than the national anthem ever has.

mrveggieman
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't think having to listen to a short song before a game wether or not if you believe in it infringes on anyones right. They choose to go to a game and most people know the anthem will be sung before hand. If it bothers you they can choose not to go.

I'd say the crap halftime shows at the superbowl have offended more people than the national anthem ever has.

So if you went to a game at a christian college and they sung a song about jesus would you be ok with that?

Star_Cards
08-26-2011, 01:48 PM
So if you went to a game at a christian college and they sung a song about jesus would you be ok with that?

I wouldn't be into the song, but I would be okay with it. I wouldn't be offended and even if I was I could leave. I guess for me the fact that it's a few minutes doesn't make it a big deal and discussing a belief doesn't mean someone is trying to make others believe that as well. Now, if I bought a ticket and went to watch a football game and for some reason they had some sort of long sermon beforehand I'd be mad. I wouldn't try to keep them from doing that, but I would never go back to a game and if I left I'd want to get my money refunded. However I'd expect most football fans would be upset about that even if they were of the same belief of the sermon.

ensbergcollector
08-26-2011, 03:34 PM

how in the world did you turn this into a stab at "right wingers"? seriously

theonedru
08-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I think the national anthems at games goes the way of prayer in public schools..... as should any of these stupid non sport tribute things they so love to do. I go to a game I want to see a game, not all this fluff stuff...

pghin08
08-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I think the national anthems at games goes the way of prayer in public schools..... as should any of these stupid non sport tribute things they so love to do. I go to a game I want to see a game, not all this fluff stuff...

Listen to the song "Dear Coach's Corner" by Propagandhi. It's pretty much about exactly what you said there.

mrveggieman
08-26-2011, 04:27 PM

+1:cheer2:

It goes back to having a moment of silence before the game. That way you can do whatever you need to get your mind right without infringing upon the rights of others.

duane1969
08-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I find it interesting that liberals ride around on their high horse yapping about their rights but everytime they want to have their rights respected it infringes upon someones else's right to something.

Double-standard extraordinaire.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
You won't find this kinda of Garbage rules at a Nascar race . Nothing better than being at a race singing for the love of our country and then getting a Awesome Fly -By by some of the finest military equipment in the world . Try and let one of our elected dummies ban this awesome experince and he/she might just end up in a camp fire ..lol...

You are right Duane the Doulble Standard in this country esp. over the last 3 years is mind boggeling . If its good for them it has to be good for everybody is Hogwash and will not be tolerated in this country much longer . Dang Hippocrites..

INTIMADATOR2007
08-27-2011, 12:34 PM
how in the world did you turn this into a stab at "right wingers"? seriously
Everything from this guy has to do with right wingers , extremist, racist, bigots...etc..etc.. It's the only thing his sources of info. know...lol.. !

INTIMADATOR2007
08-27-2011, 12:35 PM

+1 and who has caused most of the problems with half time shows ? Liberals ...ha,ha,ha,

habsheaven
08-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Thats fine if you don't want to leave me feedback if I knew you were going to treat it this way I would have left the appropriate feedback for the way this trade went. Hope you don't treat other trades the way you have ours

Sean

I think we have a stalker. Just don't know who he is stalking. lol Whomever it is, leave the guy some feedback, geez.

andrewhoya
08-27-2011, 07:53 PM
I think we have a stalker. Just don't know who he is stalking. lol Whomever it is, leave the guy some feedback, geez.

mrfruitman.

mrveggieman
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I apoligize for the stalker. I hope that the mods see this and block him with the quickness. I already placed him on the ignore list here as well as blocking him off of facebook after he left me harassing messages. This guy needs to grow up and get a life. Now back to our political dissusion.....

Star_Cards
08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I find it interesting that liberals ride around on their high horse yapping about their rights but everytime they want to have their rights respected it infringes upon someones else's right to something.

Double-standard extraordinaire.

works both ways. there are people liberal and conservative that squawk. It's one thing when your right is actually being infringed upon, but in this case no one's right is. They have the right to go to the game or not.

Star_Cards
08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
double post

Star_Cards
08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
You won't find this kinda of Garbage rules at a Nascar race . Nothing better than being at a race singing for the love of our country and then getting a Awesome Fly -By by some of the finest military equipment in the world . Try and let one of our elected dummies ban this awesome experince and he/she might just end up in a camp fire ..lol...

You are right Duane the Doulble Standard in this country esp. over the last 3 years is mind boggeling . If its good for them it has to be good for everybody is Hogwash and will not be tolerated in this country much longer . Dang Hippocrites..

Double standard? have you watched religious talk show hosts that fairly regularly talk about how christians are under attack? I do. The thing is, just because someone doesn't want to be governed by religious rules that they have no belief in doesn't mean that they don't want to allow people of that belief to still believe. They just don't want to be forced to be legislated by a single religious view when they don't see any rational basis for it.

Speaking for myself. I don't care what anyone believes. I just don't want to be governed by someone else's god.

Star_Cards
08-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Double standard? have you watched religious talk show hosts that fairly regularly talk about how christians are under attack? I do. The thing is, just because someone doesn't want to be governed by religious rules that they have no belief in doesn't mean that they don't want to allow people of that belief to still believe. They just don't want to be forced to be legislated by a single religious view when they don't see any rational basis for it.

Speaking for myself. I don't care what anyone believes. I just don't want to be governed by someone else's god.

edit... when I say "religious talk show hosts" that just doesn't mean religious talk shows. It also includes a lot of talk show host that happen to be religious.

Theodor Madison
08-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Noticed, when there is war and difficult situations that surround people they tend to unite more. The time of war they become more patriotic, to the point of God bless America. Interesting, when people are at their end of life, they tend to call on God. It is sad that we are not consistent in the things we do. We tend to do what is needed at our convenience.

Star_Cards
08-29-2011, 11:14 AM
+1 and who has caused most of the problems with half time shows ? Liberals ...ha,ha,ha,

yeah, seeing a nipple the size of a tiny dot on TV is way more sexual and terrible than commercials that sponsor the NFL and their NFL cheerleaders.

hopefully the sarcasm was noticed here. lol

Star_Cards
08-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Thats fine if you don't want to leave me feedback if I knew you were going to treat it this way I would have left the appropriate feedback for the way this trade went. Hope you don't treat other trades the way you have ours

Sean

please stay on topic. Don't make me pull this thread over.

andrewhoya
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I apoligize for the stalker. I hope that the mods see this and block him with the quickness. I already placed him on the ignore list here as well as blocking him off of facebook after he left me harassing messages. This guy needs to grow up and get a life. Now back to our political dissusion.....

The ignore list is one of the forums best features :)

And Star_Cards, I agree.

Hilfiger1975
08-29-2011, 05:23 PM
noticed, when there is war and difficult situations that surround people they tend to unite more. The time of war they become more patriotic, to the point of god bless america. Interesting, when people are at their end of life, they tend to call on god. It is sad that we are not consistent in the things we do. We tend to do what is needed at our convenience.
+1