PDA

View Full Version : hows this team looking?

ranks58
08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
QB - Drew Brees, Mark Sanchez
RB - Rashard Mendenhall, Steven Jackson, Mike Tolbert
WR - Marques Colston, Santana Moss, Malcolm Floyd, Michael Crabtree, Davone Bess
TE - Vernon Davis, Chris Cooley

K - Matt Bryant

D/ST - Pittsburgh, Dallas

I think its a solid team, would like to hear your thoughts though!

tkraft24
08-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Likes - Brees, RB's, PIT

Dislikes - RB depth, lack of elite WR (Colston and Santana's best years are behind them), Dallas DEF wasting a roster spot (probably Cooley too).

Suggestion - The TE pool is plenty deep and there should be several comparable (to Cooley) TE's available when you need one for Vernon's bye week. You're never going to use Dallas over PIT (at least I hope not) so its really a wasted bench spot. I'd take a good, long look through the FA pool for some RB depth or high upside WR to replace those two spots.

Grza
08-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Definitely solid, but no bangers at WR. Brees, Mendy, S-Jax & VD are all top tier. Need to find some gems at wide out tho.

Grza
08-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Suggestion - The TE pool is plenty deep and there should be several comparable (to Cooley) TE's available when you need one for Vernon's bye week. You're never going to use Dallas over PIT (at least I hope not) so its really a wasted bench spot. I'd take a good, long look through the FA pool for some RB depth or high upside WR to replace those two spots.

GREAT suggestion, do this ^

OnePimpTiger
08-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Likes - Brees, RB's, PIT

Dislikes - RB depth, lack of elite WR (Colston and Santana's best years are behind them), Dallas DEF wasting a roster spot (probably Cooley too).

+1 again...noticing a trend here? Floyd is the only WR I really like and him only at #3. Not digging Colston/Moss as 1/2, but could be ok. I would definitely go for more depth at RB too, especially since only 2 are starters right now. And with only 3 RBs, a backup TE and D/ST are definitely wasted.

24redsfan
08-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Likes - Brees, RB's, PIT

^This. Great post.

ranks58
08-31-2011, 12:42 AM
thanks for the feedback guys
i knew that my WR's werent the best, and i see that its really a waste to have dallas/cooley...there isnt much in the FA pool in terms of RB's/WR's but im going to take a look for sure
thanks guys!