PDA

View Full Version : Our education system is circling the drain? Save us West Virginia!

pghin08
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/29/education.wv.finland/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

Lots of heroes here.

duane1969
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
2 thoughts

1) I expected to see my wife's name in that article. Up until today she was the principal of the #1 performing elementary school in the state. She started a new job today with the WV State Dept. of Education.

2) Paine has a good PR campaign going. He isn't very well liked in the WV education community. Last year he resigned as State Superintendent to take an executive job working for a textbook company.

pghin08
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
2 thoughts

1) I expected to see my wife's name in that article. Up until today she was the principal of the #1 performing elementary school in the state. She started a new job today with the WV State Dept. of Education.

2) Paine has a good PR campaign going. He isn't very well liked in the WV education community. Last year he resigned as State Superintendent to take an executive job working for a textbook company.

Congrats to your wife! How does she feel about the system?

duane1969
09-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Like most educators she feels that there are flaws (mostly with unmotivated teachers that should have retired 10 years ago). She is pretty excited about the new job. She will now be overseeing 6 low performing schools in the state. I have been telling everyone that she went from making 1 school great to making 6 schools great.