PDA

View Full Version : Civil War within the tea party

mrveggieman
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/civil-war-tea-party-group-invites-romney-speak-201044591.html

pghin08
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
With the warring factions (TEA party/Moderate Republicans), does anyone stand a chance of beating Mr. Obama?

duane1969
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Looking at his approval numbers...yes.

When election day comes the reality will hit. Obama is losing the minority vote, losing the moderate vote and losing the independent vote with weak policies and failed promises. The end is in sight.

habsheaven
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I am hoping whomever the Republicans nominate is STRONGLY supported by the Tea Party. :)

duane1969
09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I am hoping whomever the Republicans nominate is STRONGLY supported by the Tea Party. :)

If they nominate Bachmann then you will be in luck.

mrveggieman
09-01-2011, 03:30 PM

When election day comes the reality will hit. Obama is losing the minority vote, losing the moderate vote and losing the independent vote with weak policies and failed promises. The end is in sight.

Losing it to who? There is nothing even remotely close to a moderate republican save for ron paul and he dosen't even have the full support of his party. And do would most minorities vote for over president obama. Herman Cain? I would vote for bush if he were running over him.

texansrangerfan73
09-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I think we already know who is leading the polls for the Republican nomination. If ya don't I'll fill ya in, Rick Perry!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20098933-503544.html

mrveggieman
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I think we already know who is leading the polls for the Republican nomination. If ya don't I'll fill ya in, Rick Perry!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20098933-503544.html

Rick Perry? Is this the voice of moderation that the republicans speak of? :confused0024:

texansrangerfan73
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Rick Perry? Is this the voice of moderation that the republicans speak of? :confused0024:

He is the one that I speak of. Don't care what others think or feel about him!!:humble:

pghin08
09-01-2011, 04:12 PM

Looking at GWB's approval numbers in 2004, you wouldn't think he'd have gotten re-elected either. Obama will cater to the centrists (as he already has the far left, who else are they going to vote for?), while the Republicans try to breach the gap between moderate republicans and tea partiers. If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, and runs as an independent, it makes Obama a shoo-in.

This looks remarkably like 2004, only flip-flopped (har har). The Democrats are suffering with a "bad" candidate, while the Republicans have NO candidate. Frankly, Perry=Kerry.

If you think the end of the Obama administration is "in sight", you may want to put your glasses back on.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
"If you think the end of the Obama administration is "in sight", you may want to put your glasses back on. "

I do not see how he can win a re-election . Even with the loaded ballot boxes i'm sure the unions will help him with . In my opinion the American people have had enough of hope and want some real change . I say he gets blowed out unless Bachmann gets the nomination in which that wont happen . I think Perry will wipe the floor with Obama ..ha,ha,..

pghin08
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
"If you think the end of the Obama administration is "in sight", you may want to put your glasses back on. "

I do not see how he can win a re-election . Even with the loaded ballot boxes i'm sure the unions will help him with . In my opinion the American people have had enough of hope and want some real change . I say he gets blowed out unless Bachmann gets the nomination in which that wont happen . I think Perry will wipe the floor with Obama ..ha,ha,..

I said the exact same things about Bush in 2004. I think there is one thing that would doom Obama, and that's a severe double dip recession. Other than that, the Republicans are grouped in factions right now.

duane1969
09-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Looking at GWB's approval numbers in 2004, you wouldn't think he'd have gotten re-elected either. Obama will cater to the centrists (as he already has the far left, who else are they going to vote for?), while the Republicans try to breach the gap between moderate republicans and tea partiers. If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, and runs as an independent, it makes Obama a shoo-in.

This looks remarkably like 2004, only flip-flopped (har har). The Democrats are suffering with a "bad" candidate, while the Republicans have NO candidate. Frankly, Perry=Kerry.

If you think the end of the Obama administration is "in sight", you may want to put your glasses back on.

Nice!! We will make a conservative out of you yet LOL

I said the exact same things about Bush in 2004. I think there is one thing that would doom Obama, and that's a severe double dip recession. Other than that, the Republicans are grouped in factions right now.

Unemployment hitting 10% again will be the death of the Obama administration. He ran on a platform of new jobs/more jobs/lower unemployment and so far he has dropped the ball big time. If unemployment starts to go up again then it will be his doom.

Over the next 6-12 months ARRA funded jobs are going to start drying up. That is bad timing for his re-election campaign.

pghin08
09-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice!! We will make a conservative out of you yet LOL

Unemployment hitting 10% again will be the death of the Obama administration. He ran on a platform of new jobs/more jobs/lower unemployment and so far he has dropped the ball big time. If unemployment starts to go up again then it will be his doom.

Over the next 6-12 months ARRA funded jobs are going to start drying up. That is bad timing for his re-election campaign.

I agree wholeheartedly. But I think that is a fairly remote possibility. The balance sheets of big companies (for the most part, unless you're Bank of America) are very good. While I don't think we'll see a hiring boom, I don't think we'll see massive layoffs. August was a tough month in the market, and we still saw very few layoffs from it.

If I had to take a (semi) educated guess, I'll say that in November of 2012, unemployment will be at 8.5%.

Edit: And hey! Maybe Obama's re-election was what Nostradamus saw as the end of the world! I knew that guy was a tea partier.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-01-2011, 09:17 PM
"I'll say that in November of 2012, unemployment will be at 8.5%."

The CBO says by there estimation and we know what that means ..lol..Unemployment will be at 9.0% for the next 2 years . I do not belive any president has been re-elected with an unemployment numer above 8% .

pantherfan82
09-01-2011, 11:40 PM
the tea party is ridiculous to begin with. this is great!