PDA

View Full Version : Check out these new changes rick perry signed into law in texas

mrveggieman
09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/shooting-hogs-helicopters-fishing-hands-five-perry-approved-170245980.html

pghin08
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
A lot of states have mulled around the "pole tax". I don't mind it.

Star_Cards
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
I never understood why it was illegal to catch fish with your hands. More times than not it's more difficult to do than with a fishing pole.

Feral hogs are a real issue down in Texas from what I hear. They are dangerous, mean and destructive to crops and personal property. Plus the population is exploding.

Star_Cards
09-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't mind the pole tax, I guess... $5 isn't that bad, but at some point taxing to get more money rather than spend what you bring in already wisely should be the focus.

duane1969
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Feral hogs are a real problem in Texas. I have a friend in the San Antonio suburbs that says that having a flower garden is out of the question because in the night the hogs come and destroy everything. One Texas DNR guy told him that if they killed 1 million feral hogs that they would still have a massive feral hog problem.

Whats wrong with the hand fishing thing? All he did was eliminate an old law that has no relevance now. There are plenty of those out there that need to be tossed.

The gun to work thing seems simple enough. You can bring it but it has to be locked in your vehicle. Ever hear of guys who hunt after work? Now they can't be fired for bringing a gun to work in their vehicle.

Speed limits are changed all the time. So what? Ever been to Texas? There are straight stretches that last for miles and miles with nothing but armadillos and tumbleweeds to get in the way.

A "pole" tax makes sense. I pay taxes on gasoline, food, clothes, my car, my house...why not my favorite stripper?

These all seem like basic common sense issues to me.

texansrangerfan73
09-01-2011, 02:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/shooting-hogs-helicopters-fishing-hands-five-perry-approved-170245980.html

And these laws are bad???? For what reason you say? "Feelin" for catfish is very popular in other states & you can drive 85 in New Mexico & other western states that have long stretches of highway plus in Colorado you can still carry your iron on your side as long as you have CWL or permit. They been like that since 2005 & 2002.

duane1969
09-01-2011, 02:17 PM
And these laws are bad???? For what reason you say? "Feelin" for catfish is very popular in other states & you can drive 85 in New Mexico & other western states that have long stretches of highway plus in Colorado you can still carry your iron on your side as long as you have CWL or permit. They been like that since 2005 & 2002.

Here in WV you can carry an open sidearm with a permit or a concealed one with a CWL as well. My wife and I are on the schedule to test for our CWL.

texansrangerfan73
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Here in WV you can carry an open sidearm with a permit or a concealed one with a CWL as well. My wife and I are on the schedule to test for our CWL.

Dag gum right. Nothing absolutely wrong with those laws that was used as examples. GL to you & your wife, it's fairly easy just gun safety, respect for a firmarm & proper shooting/handling.

duane1969
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah we shoot all the time. Just figured it is time to make it legal ;)

My daughter wants her permit as well but she has to wait a few years. She is already giving me a run for the title of topshot in the house. She is on the high school rifle team and her team nickname is Annie Oakley (given to her by the coach).

Do you have to shoot for your test in Texas? Here in WV we have to shoot as part of the test to show proper technique and safety in a live fire situation.

texansrangerfan73
09-01-2011, 02:32 PM

My daughter wants her permit as well but she has to wait a few years. She is already giving me a run for the title of topshot in the house. She is on the high school rifle team and her team nickname is Annie Oakley (given to her by the coach).

Do you have to shoot for your test in Texas? Here in WV we have to shoot as part of the test to show proper technique and safety in a live fire situation.

Yea you gotta shoot so many rounds at various yards, don't quite remember but it's like between 30- 50 shots.

mrveggieman
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM

That wouldn't be a bad idea if you have to take a written and physical test in order to get a gun liscence similiar to what you have to do to get a motorvechicle liscence. Who agrees with me on that one?

texansrangerfan73
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
That wouldn't be a bad idea if you have to take a written and physical test in order to get a gun liscence similiar to what you have to do to get a motorvechicle liscence. Who agrees with me on that one?

No doubt I AGREE with you on that. Most states require both written test & a shooting exercise, in Texas you must pass both with a 70% on each & if you only qualify with a revolver (.38 or .357) then you can only carry that or derringer. You must qualify with a semi-automatic to carry a semi-automatic.

It all makes sense to me.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Man ya'lls gun laws are strict , Here in Georgia I filled out an application on thursday , They did a background check on the same thursday and i had my CCW permit in the mail on saturday .. You pass the federal background check here and your good to go . It's safer that way around Atlanta ... :) Why wait minutes for the cops when seconds count !

pghin08
09-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Man ya'lls gun laws are strict , Here in Georgia I filled out an application on thursday , They did a background check on the same thursday and i had my CCW permit in the mail on saturday .. You pass the federal background check here and your good to go . It's safer that way around Atlanta ... :) Why wait minutes for the cops when seconds count !

Dude. EVERYBODY has guns down there. EVERYONE. My buddy drives around down there with a .44 Magnum in his truck. And as he told me, that's pretty much the norm. I saw nothing when I was down there that made me disagree with him.

duane1969
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM

I live in the country. We don't wait minutes for the cops to get here, we wait hours...if we call the cops ;)

duane1969
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM

I agree with you. If you don't know how to handle it and you can't show that you can handle it then the last thing you should be doing is carrying it around with you in public.

mrveggieman
09-01-2011, 08:16 PM

The laws in WVA are gravy compared to what they used to have in dc a few years ago. Firearms were pretty much illegal except to police despite of the second amendment. States that require a test prior to getting your gun liscence just like you have to pass a road and written test prior to getting your drivers liscence are have the best laws in regards to getting a firearm. Think about it. Up north in places like dc, ny, boston etc it is almost impossible to legally possess a firearm (which does nothing at all to deter crime btw) but down here in georgia any knucklehead can get a gun pretty easy without showing that they completely understand how to use it or the consequences of using it. Just check out the local news here on any given day. I thank god that our founding fathers included the 2nd amendment as a part of our bill of rights but there needs to be just a little bit of common sense.

*censored*
09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm down with the hunting, but why from a helicopter? What's wrong with shooting them on the ground? <br />
<br />
The &quot;pole tax&quot; is stupid, but whatever. Not really much different from a bar having a cover...

Star_Cards
09-02-2011, 10:07 AM
they can probably exterminate them faster and easier from helicopter. From what I hear it's sport for some, but for others it's something they have to do to protect their livelihoods.