PDA

View Full Version : Employers Add No Net Jobs Last Week...

duane1969
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
An AP report says that employers added no net jobs last week. The last time that happened was 1945. Thiis bad for the economy, the stock market...everyone.

No new jobs, declining stock market, declining average salaries, housing market sagging, lowered credit rating, a government that refuses to reduce spending...it's time to take off the rose colored glasses people.

"There is no silver lining in this one," said Steve Blitz, senior economist at ITG Investment Research. "It is difficult to walk away from these numbers without the conclusion that the economy is simply grinding to a halt."

"The stagnation in US payroll employment is an ominous sign," said Paul Ashworth, an economist at Capital Economics. "The broad message is that even if the US economy doesn't start to contract again, any expansion is going to be very, very modest and fall well short of what would be needed to drive the still elevated unemployment rate lower."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gbDS6wz7wNi1JJlscqO--8nSHa_A?docId=ef3f309352c64c35911a8b75ee460438

OnePimpTiger
09-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Haven't you heard the solution for more jobs? Just raise taxes on the rich and the unemployed's new jobs will be walking to the mailbox to get the check.

Hilfiger1975
09-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Haven't you heard the solution for more jobs? Just raise taxes on the rich and the unemployed's new jobs will be walking to the mailbox to get the check.
That's hilarious and so full of truth!

Hilfiger1975
09-03-2011, 05:03 PM
/sarcasm

theonedru
09-04-2011, 01:14 AM
People need to quit complaining and start acting, show the government who is really in charge of this country and who they should be answering to...........

INTIMADATOR2007
09-04-2011, 12:26 PM
When he said he wanted to fundamentally transform America , he wasn't kidding . Hey Obama voters is this the hope and changed you voted for ?

theonedru
09-04-2011, 01:08 PM
When he said he wanted to fundamentally transform America , he wasn't kidding . Hey Obama voters is this the hope and changed you voted for ?

This isn't Obamas fault, its the peoples fault for allowing it to happen. For to long the gov't has slowly overstepped their boundaries and we as a nation has allowed it to happen. This goes far beyond Obama, this whole fiasco has been going on for decades but they were able to cover up their mismanagement of funds by moving money from point A to B and from Bto D and so on but eventually the bubble would burst which it did and voila we have this whole mess. The Gov't needs to learn they answer to us, but Americans are too cowardly to stand up to them.

duane1969
09-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Seeing as the people voted Obama into office based on the premise (and promise) that he was going to fix the economy, keep unemployment below 8% and improve relations with foreign countries to...

theonedru
09-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Its amazing how bad they jam it to us and we as a nation not only bend over and take it but ask for more and more, how people can look in a mirror and not feel ashamed of themselves is beyond me....

pghin08
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Not that I'm completely absolving Obama, but the citizenry needs to be smarter than this. When Obama said he was going to keep unemployment below 8% (which was a MONUMENTALLY dumb thing to say, as...

duane1969
09-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Not that I'm completely absolving Obama, but the citizenry needs to be smarter than this. When Obama said he was going to keep unemployment below 8% (which was a MONUMENTALLY dumb thing to say, as he really has little control over the situation), people should see right through that.

Remember, campaigning is often about raising expectations, while governing is often about lowering them. And that is a political truth that exists far beyond party lines.

Will they see thru the lies and empty promises this time? Obama is about to reveal his latest "new" plan to create jobs. Once again he is going to ask the American people to support him in spending $200-300 billion more. Will the people be gullible and support his new plan or will he be held accountable for his previous failure?

The real joke is this. Nearly half of the stimulus money is still unspent (some of which was supposed to create new jobs), yet there will be a proposal to spend more money to create jobs. Will anyone in government point this out? Will the people ever demand accountability?

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Will they see thru the lies and empty promises this time? Obama is about to reveal his latest "new" plan to create jobs. Once again he is going to ask the American people to support him in spending $200-300 billion more. Will the people be gullible and support his new plan or will he be held accountable for his previous failure?

The real joke is this. Nearly half of the stimulus money is still unspent (some of which was supposed to create new jobs), yet there will be a proposal to spend more money to create jobs. Will anyone in government point this out? Will the people ever demand accountability?
That is one of my main issues with the Republicans. They play too nice. They need to hammer the point home.

mrveggieman
09-06-2011, 01:54 PM
That is one of my main issues with the Republicans. They play too nice. They need to hammer the point home.

If what the republicans have been doing to our president is playing nicely I would hate to see what happened if the wern't so nice. :sign0020:

pghin08
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM

The short answer is no. This was my point in saying that campaigning is about raising expectations, and governing is about lowering them. By holding Obama "accountable", as you'd say, would be to vote him out of office in 2012. However, what you're then doing is simply transferring the high expectations from the one who governs (Obama) to the one who campaigns (Perry, Bachmann, et al). We're never addressing the expectations themselves. We continue to believe that those campaigners are really going to change things, and will come through with what they say. The truth is that they almost never do. It was foolish for people to believe that Obama was the almighty savior in 2008, and it's just as foolish to think that Rick Perry could be the same thing in 2012.

mrveggieman
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
The short answer is no. This was my point in saying that campaigning is about raising expectations, and governing is about lowering them. By holding Obama "accountable", as you'd say, would be to vote him out of office in 2012. However, what you're then doing is simply transferring the high expectations from the one who governs (Obama) to the one who campaigns (Perry, Bachmann, et al). We're never addressing the expectations themselves. We continue to believe that those campaigners are really going to change things, and will come through with what they say. The truth is that they almost never do. It was foolish for people to believe that Obama was the almighty savior in 2008, and it's just as foolish to think that Rick Perry could be the same thing in 2012.

That makes perfect sense. My only problem is that if and I pray to God this dosent happen, Obama gets defeated in 2012 the republican canidate will not be given as hard of a time as obama got and he/she will essentially get a free ride by some of the people on here. For example after a year or 2 in office if there are no magical changes as you republicans seem to suggest will happen once obama leaves office you will say wait a minute he hasn't had enough time in office. That's real ironic coming from some of you who neve gave our president a fare shake even before he took office. SMH.

pghin08
09-06-2011, 02:55 PM
That makes perfect sense. My only problem is that if and I pray to God this dosent happen, Obama gets defeated in 2012 the republican canidate will not be given as hard of a time as obama got and he/she will essentially get a free ride by some of the people on here. For example after a year or 2 in office if there are no magical changes as you republicans seem to suggest will happen once obama leaves office you will say wait a minute he hasn't had enough time in office. That's real ironic coming from some of you who neve gave our president a fare shake even before he took office. SMH.

This is just what partisans do though. They rely on either overarching themes/pure ignorance when defending their candidate. The Democrats did the exact same thing to Bush from 2003-on. Like Obama is to most Republicans now, Bush was "one of the worst Presidents ever". The Republicans defended Bush much in the same way Democrats defend Obama: "Give it time, it's not all bad".

The mindset of the general public is that the current President is always the worst one, until we elect the next one.

duane1969
09-06-2011, 03:16 PM

I don't expect magical changes, just some changes. As it stands now, unemployment remains above 9% and looks to be headed back up, the economy is still failing, the housing market is just as bad as it was 2 years ago...I can't see where he has even made a dent in these problems.

What other job is out there that you can spend 2 years spending ridiculous amounts of money to do your job, accomplish nothing that you were supposed to, and still keep your job?

pghin08
09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't expect magical changes, just some changes. As it stands now, unemployment remains above 9% and looks to be headed back up, the economy is still failing, the housing market is just as bad as it was 2 years ago...I can't see where he has even made a dent in these problems.

What other job is out there that you can spend 2 years spending ridiculous amounts of money to do your job, accomplish nothing that you were supposed to, and still keep your job?

http://celebritymen.info/resimler/alex-rodriguez-2.jpg

duane1969
09-06-2011, 03:34 PM

LOL Yeah but he doesn't actually spend the money, he just banks it.

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I dunno, His stats are decent...now if you wanna go this route, I'd agree......
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/barry_zito_san_francisco_giants.jpg

mrveggieman
09-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I dunno, His stats are decent...now if you wanna go this route, I'd agree......
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/barry_zito_san_francisco_giants.jpg

What about this bum?

http://www.benchwarmersunited.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/tony-romo-jessica-simpson-31.jpg

theonedru
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM

A weather person, listen to them talk..

Chances are...... Probability of... Ant hey read from a teleprompter on top of that. It's one job where you don't have to be right and they keep asking you back