PDA

View Full Version : Unions are at war with the Tea-Party .

INTIMADATOR2007
09-05-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnCz-n_WyQ&feature=player_embedded

We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/05/jimmy_hoffa_at_obama_event_on_gop_lets_take_these_ son_of_™™™™™es_out.html#) that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/05/jimmy_hoffa_at_obama_event_on_gop_lets_take_these_ son_of_™™™™™es_out.html#). It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of ™™™™™es out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

It amazes me every time I see these chowder heads, to include the Congressional Black Caucaus, the Unions, Teamsters…. claim they want war with the tea party.
Do they not realize who the tea party is? they might as well stand up and say” we want war with God fearing, tax paying, constitution loving, church attending, job working, military supporting, flag waving, voting, apple pie eating, Americans . I cant belive a president of the united states would allow this kinda talk before his speech .

And has you ever heard a Vice President act this way to American citizens .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXduIrDDM4&feature=player_embedded

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I guess this is "changing the tone in washington" that the libs were crying about awhile ago????

Star_Cards
09-06-2011, 11:47 AM
neither side typically wants to change the tone. They just want their power and their jobs for the most part.

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 11:50 AM
neither side typically wants to change the tone. They just want their power and their jobs for the most part.
I personally don't care about the tone. I'm tired of all the PC crap going on. I just find it amusing that the white house had no comment on the matter and no one covered the rhetoric. If it was on the other side peoples eyeballs would be popping out......:party0048:

pghin08
09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Am I alone in thinking that Obama should dump Biden as his veep in 2012? He comes off as grumpy and out of touch.

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Am I alone in thinking that Obama should dump Biden as his veep in 2012? He comes off as grumpy and out of touch.
Probably because he is???:sign0020:

mrveggieman
09-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't have a problem with biden at all but I wouldn't mind seeing dennis kucinnich getting a shot.

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't have a problem with biden at all but I wouldn't mind seeing dennis kucinnich getting a shot.

Hahahahahahahaha, Kusinich???? Holy smoke. I'm right by him and can I ask you, do you know anything about him????:pray:

pghin08
09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Probably because he is???:sign0020:

I agree. He was the safe pick for Obama back in 2008. I think he's been one of the worst VPs we've ever had.

To me, I think Obama would be wise (and this would probably NEVER happen) to ditch Biden and reach across the aisle and adopt a moderate Republican VP candidate. Someone like Dick Lugar, Paul Ryan, or current RI Governor Lincoln Chafee. Obama is going to get the Democratic vote. It's a given. They're not going to vote for Perry/Romney/Bachmann. Obama could nominate Ryan Leaf as his VP and it wouldn't change that. But if a moderate Republican were to accept the nomination (particularly Tea Party hero Paul Ryan), it would really throw a stick in the spokes of the Republican party. Though admittedly, I think Ryan would be the least likely to accept, as he'd be mortgaging his long political future against the nomination acceptance.

pghin08
09-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Hahahahahahahaha, Kusinich???? Holy smoke. I'm right by him and can I ask you, do you know anything about him????:pray:

Yes, he joined the "Obnoxiously Large Ears Club". Founded in 1992 by Ross Perot.

mrveggieman
09-06-2011, 12:31 PM

FYI I actually do. When all of these wars started to kick off he was one of the few elected officials who voted against them. He looks like a genius right about now. I'm sure that means little to all of you war mongerers out there. :confused0024:

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
FYI I actually do. When all of these wars started to kick off he was one of the few elected officials who voted against them. He looks like a genius right about now. I'm sure that means little to all of you war mongerers out there. :confused0024:

Lol, you want him as VP because he voted against the war? Please stay away from the ballot box this time....:sign0020:

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes, he joined the "Obnoxiously Large Ears Club". Founded in 1992 by Ross Perot.

That he did, and the little green men club as well.

duane1969
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Lol, you want him as VP because he voted against the war? Please stay away from the ballot box this time....:sign0020:

At least he stood for something. It is better than voting for someone just because they are popular or they are better than the current person.

mrveggieman
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
At least he stood for something. It is better than voting for someone just because they are popular or they are better than the current person.

Can I get an amen!! :cheer2:

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
if someone votes because of popularity #cough# Obama, then they should lose their privlages. I would hope however one would vote for someone they believe would do a better job.

Star_Cards
09-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I agree. He was the safe pick for Obama back in 2008. I think he's been one of the worst VPs we've ever had.

To me, I think Obama would be wise (and this would probably NEVER happen) to ditch Biden and reach across the aisle and adopt a moderate Republican VP candidate. Someone like Dick Lugar, Paul Ryan, or current RI Governor Lincoln Chafee. Obama is going to get the Democratic vote. It's a given. They're not going to vote for Perry/Romney/Bachmann. Obama could nominate Ryan Leaf as his VP and it wouldn't change that. But if a moderate Republican were to accept the nomination (particularly Tea Party hero Paul Ryan), it would really throw a stick in the spokes of the Republican party. Though admittedly, I think Ryan would be the least likely to accept, as he'd be mortgaging his long political future against the nomination acceptance.

I wouldn't even know where to start to rate a VPs term. How do you grade them? Is it just by verbal gaffs, etc?

Has there ever been a President drop his VP when running for a second term. I would think it would hurt the campaign unless the VP did something horrible like get arrested or something... or was Palin (I KEEEED) lol

Star_Cards
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM

his wife is hot. that's about all I know.

ps... wouldn't cause me to vote for a person.

sanfran22
09-06-2011, 01:37 PM
his wife is hot. that's about all I know.

ps... wouldn't cause me to vote for a person.
this is true. Which begs the question, what kind of dirt did he have on her or her family, lol.

pghin08
09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't even know where to start to rate a VPs term. How do you grade them? Is it just by verbal gaffs, etc?

Has there ever been a President drop his VP when running for a second term. I would think it would hurt the campaign unless the VP did something horrible like get arrested or something... or was Palin (I KEEEED) lol

It used to happen with greater frequency (FDR and back). Spiro Agnew left the post shortly after Nixon's re-election.

The grade for Presidents and Veeps are extremely different to me. Presidents need decades to be adequately graded (They are the policy kings, and policies don't often show their full consequence for many years). This is why I dismissed people calling Bush II the worst President ever. How could we possibly know that, even at this point, let alone DURING his presidency.

VPs, on the other hand, should be graded on their activities and PR. Their job (aside from presiding over the Senate) is to defend the policies of the President. He's basically both an advisor and a spokesperson. As an advisor, he appears to have lost some of Obama's trust. Often, Obama is meeting with people outside of Biden. They don't seem to have as close a working relationship as Bush-Cheney. As a spokesperson, he's been downright awful. Between stupid comments and incendiary rhetoric, he's been of absolutely no assistance to Obama. I think he needs to go.

duane1969
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM

It is based on how many people they have shot. Cheney wins. :smokin:

Rockman
09-06-2011, 06:08 PM
It is based on how many people they have shot. Cheney wins. :smokin:

How dare you write off Aaron Burr so quickly, even after Milk ran that ad for so many dang years.

duane1969
09-06-2011, 11:33 PM
How dare you write off Aaron Burr so quickly, even after Milk ran that ad for so many dang years.

Oh yeah.