PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on starters

OnePimpTiger
09-06-2011, 10:47 AM
I got a few starter decisions to make this week, wanted some input:

1 - Beanie Wells v Car or Felix Jones v NYJ - on this one, I only question it because of the matchup. All things even, I go w/Felix no doubt. But he is playing on the road against the #2 run defense last year, while Beanie is at home against the 30th ranked run defense. Whatdyathink?

2 - Malcolm Floyd v Minn or Deion Branch v Mia - I was thinking Floyd all the way on this one, but for some reason he is projected at 3 points, while Branch is projected at 10...anything I'm missing here?

NowitzkiFan41
09-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Beanie should tear up the Carolina run D this week, especially with not splitting carries with Hightower(traded) and Ryan Williams(injured).

And I'm not sure about Branch either.. the Vikings secondary is mediocre at best this year, Floyd should do some damage.

jiggidy
09-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Would go with Beanie just solely based on the match up.

Would go with Malcolm Floyd. Floyd is #2 in SD and should get a lot of looks this week. I like him a lot more than Branch. I wouldn't trust any NE WR not named Wes Welker. Branch will have a couple good weeks but I think Floyd gives you the greatest potential. I hardly pay attention to the projected points. If it matters CBS is projecting Branch with 6 points and Floyd with 5 points.

Star_Cards
09-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd go beanie and Floyd.

tdaddy1979
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Beanie Wells is the no brainer here, but even with an easier matchup, I think Beanie will fare better than Jones. Beanie seems to be the 20 plus carries kind of back where Felix will be in a timeshare with Choice.

Star_Cards
09-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I disagree with calling beanie a 20 carry back. His health so far in his career cause me to think this.

tdaddy1979
09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I disagree with calling beanie a 20 carry back. His health so far in his career cause me to think this.

Anyone can catch the injury bug and lose time playing. Looking at his backups, I see him carrying at least 20 times a game unless he gets hurt. Remember who his backup is now, Stephens-Howling. I dont see him snagging much carries. And remember who the coach is, Wisenhunt is a smashmouth football mind.

OnePimpTiger
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
And Felix isn't in a timeshare, he is the feature back in Dallas. Choice and Murray will get some carries, but everything said so far is it won't be a split like it has been the past couple of years. And even if Beanie gets 20 carries, that doesn't guarantee a good game...don't forget his track record so far. Match ups equal, I go w/Felix 100% of the time right now...

tdaddy1979
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
And Felix isn't in a timeshare, he is the feature back in Dallas. Choice and Murray will get some carries, but everything said so far is it won't be a split like it has been the past couple of years. And even if Beanie gets 20 carries, that doesn't guarantee a good game...don't forget his track record so far. Match ups equal, I go w/Felix 100% of the time right now...

Personally, I would stay away from either situation, but it just doesnt seem that the Cowboys will stray away from what they have done in the past years. Maybe I feel this way because everytime I would get Marion the Barbarian on a Fantasy team, he lost so many carries to Julius Jones, then Felix Jones. Only time will tell, but I maintain my position on Beanie having the better season.

jiggidy
09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Anyone can catch the injury bug and lose time playing. Looking at his backups, I see him carrying at least 20 times a game unless he gets hurt. Remember who his backup is now, Stephens-Howling. I dont see him snagging much carries. And remember who the coach is, Wisenhunt is a smashmouth football mind.

Actually Beanie's back up is Chester Taylor but Taylor probably won't get many reps unless Beanie goes down.

I like Felix a lot this year. He should put up pretty decent numbers. DeMarco Murray will take a few carries away but Felix should be the workhorse. I don't think Tashard Choice will factor in much for the Cowboys this year.

OnePimpTiger
09-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Incidentally, just read this on the Cowboys back situation:

Per DallasCowboys.com (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=4067916A-E95A-1824-F15109FE20ABB2D6), Felix Jones and DeMarco Murray are considered the only two Cowboys running backs certain to be active on game days.

Choice Again Competing For Reps

It's quite possible the Cowboys can keep only three active on game days, particularly if new fullback Tony Fiammetta becomes a fixture on offense. Jones is a certainty, and probably Murray, too, as long as he continues to make progress following his hamstring injury.

The No. 3 back since 2008, Choice knows carries will be scarce. He, Murray and Tanner likely will have to contribute on special teams.

tkraft24
09-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Incidentally, just read this on the Cowboys back situation:

Per DallasCowboys.com (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=4067916A-E95A-1824-F15109FE20ABB2D6), Felix Jones and DeMarco Murray are considered the only two Cowboys running backs certain to be active on game days.

I have Murray backing up Felix in one league....just in case Felix gets injured. Murray has impressed in pre-season and will be worked into screen plays (great insurance for Felix in a PPR league).

But back to your OP......nothing new; I'd roll with Beanie and Floyd too.

Xolin
09-10-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree with everyone on going with Beanie Wells; there is no one to challenge him for the RB job anymore in Arizona. The only reason you may consider Jones is if you are in PPR.

As far as the WR question, I have to create an argument for Branch. Floyd will be the third option in SD after Jackson and Gates. Branch will be the first option passing for red zone touchdowns in my opinion. Ochocinco and Brady have not had enough time to build a good rapport and Welker never catches many TD passes. I don't think Floyd is the clear cut choice here.

Kosmo kards
09-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Beanie and Floys are my picks.