PDA

View Full Version : Need help listing my display pieces

jdub1617
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
So I recently set up an ebay store for some display pieces I custom make. I've realized a huge problem is getting views on my stuff because it's not exactly the type of thing you get on ebay and look for. I've tried selling a few top players pieces in the past, but even with a Kobe or MJ piece on a 7 day auction my counter would show like 5-6 total views for the week. I can totally accept if people just don't like my items I create but I'd like to get some eyes on my stuff before I can come to that conclusion.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what I can add to my title to get more hits?

Here's a link to just my football stuff.
http://stores.ebay.com/8x10-Collectibles/Football-/_i.html?_fsub=3354083018&_sid=70683338&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

xpress34
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Get rid of the words 'Memorabilia Display Piece' as I'm pretty certain it's not a hotly searched description.

Use Matted or Framed, card/pin, or something to that effect. Hope this helps.

- Smitty

jdub1617
09-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Get rid of the words 'Memorabilia Display Piece' as I'm pretty certain it's not a hotly searched description.

Use Matted or Framed, card/pin, or something to that effect. Hope this helps.

- Smitty

Thanks man, I may go that route

Vegas
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Also, add the team name (Colts, Raiders, etc) and maybe the brand of card (Upper Deck, Topps, etc) to your listings.

SportsLover57
09-08-2011, 01:24 AM
So I recently set up an ebay store for some display pieces I custom make. I've realized a huge problem is getting views on my stuff because it's not exactly the type of thing you get on ebay and look for. I've tried selling a few top players pieces in the past, but even with a Kobe or MJ piece on a 7 day auction my counter would show like 5-6 total views for the week. I can totally accept if people just don't like my items I create but I'd like to get some eyes on my stuff before I can come to that conclusion.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what I can add to my title to get more hits?

Here's a link to just my football stuff.
http://stores.ebay.com/8x10-Collectibles/Football-/_i.html?_fsub=3354083018&_sid=70683338&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5335896190&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fstores.ebay.com%2F8x10-Collectibles%2FFootball-%2F_i.html%3F_fsub%3D3354083018%26_sid%3D70683338% 26_trksid%3Dp4634.c0.m322)

I won't lie but you have talent. Those are great ways to display cards. I think you did a swell job, to be honest. Again, awesome stuff!

If I was your average regular customer I would usually search for things like "Memorabilia", "Autograph", "Cards" etc.... just to keep things simple. But as in your case... I still like the way you put the players name, size of the frame, and then "Memorabilia". Take off "Display case"

So just put one that says: "Troy Aikman 8x10 Memorabilia Cards"

"Memorabilia" and "Cards" yield more searches. So that should work in your favor. Hope that helps.

Any chance you can send some cards TTM to those athletes? And perhaps put them in the center of the display case? That way, you increase the value of your items and I think more people are willing to buy those from you... especially if you can get their autographs TTM. Just my two cents.

jdub1617
09-09-2011, 01:18 PM
I won't lie but you have talent. Those are great ways to display cards. I think you did a swell job, to be honest. Again, awesome stuff!

If I was your average regular customer I would usually search for things like "Memorabilia", "Autograph", "Cards" etc.... just to keep things simple. But as in your case... I still like the way you put the players name, size of the frame, and then "Memorabilia". Take off "Display case"

So just put one that says: "Troy Aikman 8x10 Memorabilia Cards"

"Memorabilia" and "Cards" yield more searches. So that should work in your favor. Hope that helps.

Any chance you can send some cards TTM to those athletes? And perhaps put them in the center of the display case? That way, you increase the value of your items and I think more people are willing to buy those from you... especially if you can get their autographs TTM. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the compliments and opinion/ideas, much appreciated. The TTM thing is a really good idea I just have a tough time selling something that I can't prove is legit. But I'll definitely consider that one, thanks again!