PDA

View Full Version : A super simple solution to create hundreds of thousands of jobs

OnePimpTiger
09-09-2011, 11:58 AM
A super simple solution to create hundreds of thousands of jobs (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/09/08/video-a-super-simple-solution-to-create-hundreds-of-thousands-of-jobs-2/)

Earlier this summer, I wrote about an IHS-CERA study (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/22/study-picking-up-the-gulf-oil-permitting-pace-could-result-in-230000-jobs/) that showed picking up the pace of Gulf Oil permitting could result in 230,000 jobs. Predictably, the administrationís response to the study was not to take its recommendations to heart ó but, rather, to criticize the study itself...

[L]et me cite some other research. A study by the energy analyst firm Woods McKenzie (http://www.api.org/Newsroom/how-to-create-jobs.cfm) released just yesterday showed that by unleashing domestic energy, we could create 1.4 million jobs, bring in an additional 800 billion in revenue and add 10 billion barrels of additional oil and gas by 2030.

Nor are these jobs limited to just one area of the country. As this interactive map from API reveals, virtually every state in the nation would benefit.

Sounds like a good option.

Or the government could continue investing in firms like this one (http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/FBI-at-Solyndra-Headquarters-129455348.html):

FBI agents armed with search warrants descended Thursday morning on bankrupt solar company Solynrda.

The investigation comes after a request by the Department of Energy's inspector general, FBI spokesman Peter Lee told NBC Bay Area News.

Agents arrived at Solyndra at 7a.m. and were examining the factory. Solynrda has a skeleton crew of 100 workers on the scene, who are closing the factory down...

Solyndra filed for bankruptcy last week, shocking both workers and the Obama administration, which had given the startup $535 million in low interest loans.

$535 mil invested resulting in $535 mil and countless jobs lost...or some signatures invested resulting in hundreds of thousands up to millions of jobs created, hundreds of billions of dollars injected into the economy, less dependence on foreign oil, and who knows, possibly lower gas prices. Which do you think the pres will pick?

habsheaven
09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Clearly it is not that simple. If it were, answer me this. Why wouldn't this, soon to be 1-term, president agree to it in order to win re-election? I mean, he is constantly being accused of "political brinkmanship". This seems like an obvious vote-getter. Any thoughts?

duane1969
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Clearly it is not that simple. If it were, answer me this. Why wouldn't this, soon to be 1-term, president agree to it in order to win re-election? I mean, he is constantly being accused of "political brinkmanship". This seems like an obvious vote-getter. Any thoughts?

Because he is a puppet. He does what Reid and Pelosi tell him to. He would have to go against the entire DNC to do it. No liberal worth their picket sign would go along with more oil drilling just to add more jobs.

OnePimpTiger
09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Actually, it is that simple. The only reason we're not drilling there is reactionary political posturing based on unfounded environmental concerns. Obama is a perpetual campaigner, but very few of his policies have actually been what people want.

theonedru
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Sounds like there are too many people in the cash pocket of the oil compamies. Oil is an outdated power source people as much as you want to disbelieve it and live in your 1950's world of gas guzzeling cards, gut rotting sodas and heart attack inducing burgers.... to go along with killing your kids futures, thats parental love for you in America

OnePimpTiger
09-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Sounds like there are too many people in the cash pocket of the oil compamies. Oil is an outdated power source people as much as you want to disbelieve it and live in your 1950's world of gas guzzeling cards, gut rotting sodas and heart attack inducing burgers.... to go along with killing your kids futures, thats parental love for you in America

Is America ready to run on alternative fuels? Until it is, we need oil...and we need less dependence on foreign oil...and we need jobs...and we need the boost it would give to the economy.

theonedru
09-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Is America ready to run on alternative fuels? Until it is, we need oil...and we need less dependence on foreign oil...and we need jobs...and we need the boost it would give to the economy.

we should have been ready a decade ago but thanks to the oil companies greasing the pockets of our elected officials it keeps getting pushed on the back burner

OnePimpTiger
09-10-2011, 01:18 AM
we should have been ready a decade ago but thanks to the oil companies greasing the pockets of our elected officials it keeps getting pushed on the back burner

Maybe so...but we're not anywhere near there today. And I'm not in the oil companies' pocket, I'm a realist. Why in the world would I be in the oil companies' pocket?

And any oil company that is not working hard to develop alternative energy sources is stupid. It doesn't take an extremely intelligent business mind to realize oil is the past and other sources are the future. I guarantee every oil company out there is devoting massive quantities of time, money, and man power to developing better fuels...otherwise, they're just waiting for bankruptcy.

Demonize the entire industry all you want, but they provide what people ask for, along with millions of jobs and hundreds of billions of dollars into the economy. Until there is a better, viable alternative, we need oil and more of it.