PDA

View Full Version : Fox News "Bias" as seen from a new angle

ensbergcollector
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
hey guys,

yes i am conservative, but I don't watch fox news nor do I have any horse in the race. Thought this was an interesting little article.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/ed-henry-says-people-freaked-over-normal-questions-205223178.html

duane1969
09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
"I asked tough questions of the Obama White House when I was at CNN and nobody freaked out," he said. "I start asking tough questions at Fox and everybody freaked out."

Apparently he didn't get the memo that conservatives are not permitted to question Obama or his policies.

sanfran22
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Lol, I always laugh when alot of lefties say Fox lies or is totally right wing. Then they quote Hannity, Beck, O'reilly ect. No common sense on that arguement. Also, can anyone name any true conservatives on MSNBC, CNN ect? Probably gonna be tough as they don't let it out if they are.There are a ton of leftist thinkers on fox however and alot of times they have both views on the subject.
I wonder if any of the complainers have ever watched anything fox related?

mrveggieman
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Oh sure I'll take what a guy who works for faux news at face value.

duane1969
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh sure I'll take what a guy who works for faux news at face value.

This is the entire point. You bash him because he works at Fox News. You have no idea if he is a good reporter or not. You are biased against him only because of who he works for and not because he is a bad reporter.

The whole point was that he was fine asking questions for CNN but when he goes to FoxNews suddenly he is biased. You just proved the point.

sanfran22
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
This is the entire point. You bash him because he works at Fox News. You have no idea if he is a good reporter or not. You are biased against him only because of who he works for and not because he is a bad reporter.

The whole point was that he was fine asking questions for CNN but when he goes to FoxNews suddenly he is biased. You just proved the point.

Exactly......

mrveggieman
09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Exactly......

So if you are working for company A then leave to work for company B with a higher salary and more perks. Would you publically say anything to bash company B? Come on dude?

sanfran22
09-13-2011, 12:08 PM
So if you are working for company A then leave to work for company B with a higher salary and more perks. Would you publically say anything to bash company B? Come on dude?

What does that have to do with anything?

habsheaven
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
I was wondering where he went. I haven't been watching CNN lately as much as I usually do or following twitter but I did notice he wasn't on. I will have to tune him in now and then to see if there is a change. I think it is like anyting else in life. If you are in an environment that leans to the left or the right you modify your behaviour slightly to conform. Whether it is a concious thing or not. In Henry's case, he has never given me any indication which way he votes. I have always thought of him as a good reporter of the news, keeping his personal opinions out of his reporting.

sanfran22
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I was wondering where he went. I haven't been watching CNN lately as much as I usually do or following twitter but I did notice he wasn't on. I will have to tune him in now and then to see if there is a change. I think it is like anyting else in life. If you are in an environment that leans to the left or the right you modify your behaviour slightly to conform. Whether it is a concious thing or not. In Henry's case, he has never given me any indication which way he votes. I have always thought of him as a good reporter of the news, keeping his personal opinions out of his reporting.
Which is the way reporters should be if they are true journalists.....They report the news period.

mrveggieman
09-13-2011, 12:15 PM
To be honest I really don't know the guy but I will say that if you work for a company and they are paying you, you are doing their bidding for them. If fox news tells their reporters to lean right they can only ask how far?

duane1969
09-13-2011, 12:42 PM

What? :confused0024:

If you read the article you will see that he is saying that he was never questioned for asking certain things or called biased until he went to FoxNews.

He seems to be finding fault with the anti-FoxNews crowd, not his current or former employer.

ensbergcollector
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM
so let me get this straight, he was a credible journalist but now that he changed jobs we can't trust anything he says anymore? really?

mrveggieman
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
so let me get this straight, he was a credible journalist but now that he changed jobs we can't trust anything he says anymore? really?

Again I don't really know anything about the guy or weather he is a credible journalist or not but don't be surprised he he changes things around to suit the tastes of his audience.....

duane1969
09-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Exactly. Apparently just being a conservative reduces your credibility.

mrveggieman
09-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Exactly. Apparently just being a conservative reduces your credibility.

You said it not me. :winking0071:

habsheaven
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Political profiling at it's finest.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Man the hipocrisy from the leftys even comes to SCF ..lol...These guys are something else !

habsheaven
09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Man the hipocrisy from the leftys even comes to SCF ..lol...These guys are something else !

Who are THESE guys? Only one I see is Mrveggieman. I have no problem with Ed Henry.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Who are THESE guys? Only one I see is Mrveggieman. I have no problem with Ed Henry.

Some of the Obama supporters that post in these threads , I will exclude you this time ..lol... Sorry ! :winking0071: I jumped the gun on this one ..

mrveggieman
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM

I have no bias against this reporter. I have never heard of him until this discussion. My point is that he now works for a particular company with an ultra conservative clientel so it would be in his and his employers best intrests if he caters to the needs of his viewers. I have nothing personal against the guy he is only doing what he has to do to support his family.

pghin08
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM

I may be a left-leaner, but I like to think that I call people on their crap, regardless of party. In Washington, there's plenty of blame to go around.

To stay relevant to the topic though, I'm with HabsHeaven here, I like Henry. I was a bit perplexed that he took the Fox News gig, but hey, it's a personal decision, and it doesn't make him any less of a journalist. I watched him a lot in 2008 and thought he did a great job.

duane1969
09-14-2011, 10:51 AM
The definition of irony...

Some people in this thread are critical of Henry simply because he works for FoxNews and no other reason, yet these same people are in the Al Jazeera thread defending Al Jazeera as an unbiased and fair news group.

I need a vacation...

pghin08
09-14-2011, 11:03 AM

Some people in this thread are critical of Henry simply because he works for FoxNews and no other reason, yet these same people are in the Al Jazeera thread defending Al Jazeera as an unbiased and fair news group.

I need a vacation...

Admit it. You love it.

mrveggieman
09-14-2011, 11:31 AM

I need a vacation...

I don't think that there is any such thing as an unbiased news group. We all have our own biases. Some biases are greater than others.