PDA

View Full Version : People trust Obama more than the Republicans on jobs?

pghin08
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/14/cnn-poll-more-americans-trust-obama-on-economy-over-republicans-in-congress/?hpt=hp_t2

AUTaxMan
09-14-2011, 05:39 PM
That poll doesn't even tell you who they polled other than "adults." There is no way to verify whether or not it is a representative sampling. Because it was conducted by CNN, I would assume that it is not.

pghin08
09-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh yeah, the Communist News Network. I should have known better :rolleyes:

AUTaxMan
09-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah, the Communist News Network. I should have known better :rolleyes:

Doesn't change the fact that the poll is bogus until proven otherwise.

duane1969
09-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I trust the Rasmussen report more than any other. They did a similar poll and came up with these numbers (not as favorable as the CNN numbers):

38% favor Obama jobs plan
36% oppose Obama jobs plan
26% are undecided

Now this data can be read two ways. You pick...

1) Obama's job plan is favored more than it is opposed (barely)

or

2) Only 1 in 3 Americans approves of his job plan

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/september_2011/38_favor_obama_jobs_plan_36_oppose

mrveggieman
09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
What is everyone's beef with cnn? They are the most neutral of the 3 major tv news outlets. Some people accuse cnbc of leaning a little to the left fox news makes it clear what side of the fence they lean too. Cnn would be the closest thing that we have to "fair and balanced" journalism.

pwaldo
09-16-2011, 05:14 PM
What is everyone's beef with cnn? They are the most neutral of the 3 major tv news outlets. Some people accuse cnbc of leaning a little to the left fox news makes it clear what side of the fence they lean too. Cnn would be the closest thing that we have to "fair and balanced" journalism.

I take it you mean MSNBC and not CNBC which is just a business spin off network that really doesn't get political.

MSNBC has former Democrat workers and a 2004 Democratic Presidential candidate hosting his own show so I wouldn't say that "some people accuse them of leaning a little to the left" when it does lean heavily to the left. That network is basically the unsuccessful liberal version of Fox News even though people don't want to admit it.

CNN is very balanced compared to the other two but it is boring as anything since Lou Dobbs left.

pghin08
09-16-2011, 09:37 PM
I take it you mean MSNBC and not CNBC which is just a business spin off network that really doesn't get political.

MSNBC has former Democrat workers and a 2004 Democratic Presidential candidate hosting his own show so I wouldn't say that "some people accuse them of leaning a little to the left" when it does lean heavily to the left. That network is basically the unsuccessful liberal version of Fox News even though people don't want to admit it.

CNN is very balanced compared to the other two but it is boring as anything since Lou Dobbs left.

I'll admit it. I dislike MSNBC, and they're ridiculously skewed to the left.

AUTaxMan
09-16-2011, 09:38 PM
I'll admit it. I dislike MSNBC, and they're ridiculously skewed to the left.

they dont even pretend to be unbiased.