PDA

View Full Version : Texas to excecute man in racially motivated dragging death

mrveggieman
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-set-execute-man-race-motivated-dragging-death-145935855.html;_ylt=AjpOskWZsOOE5QyO7nwQ9HRtzwcF;_ ylu=X3oDMTQxdGU3bDZxBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFNlY3Rpb24gVV MEcGtnA2Q1MDMwMGI2LWU2MDctM2NkMy04MzdhLTZmZmNiZDc1 YTc1YQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDdG9wX3N0b3J5X2Nva2UEdmVyAzFkZG IzNjI4LWU0NjktMTFlMC1hMGZiLTUzYjRjYWM0MWFhNQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTJyaWpxYWNxBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDY2I4YjMwMmYtMzAzNi0zOGM0LWI5ZDUtN2MzMmUwOT QzMTM2BHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

In my opinion this clown is getting off easy. He should be chained up and dragged to death just like his victim was. Getting a lethal injection for a hate crime is a way to easy penalty.

sanfran22
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
They should all be hung in the public square. I wonder how many idiots would do stuff like this if we were to do the same to them as they did to their victim. Also, if it's a cut and dry case, they shouldn't be sitting on death row for 10+ years. 30 days and thats it. Bet that would be a deterrent to some.

Hilfiger1975
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
they should all be hung in the public square. I wonder how many idiots would do stuff like this if we were to do the same to them as they did to their victim. Also, if it's a cut and dry case, they shouldn't be sitting on death row for 10+ years. 30 days and thats it. Bet that would be a deterrent to some.
+1

mrveggieman
09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
They should all be hung in the public square. I wonder how many idiots would do stuff like this if we were to do the same to them as they did to their victim. Also, if it's a cut and dry case, they shouldn't be sitting on death row for 10+ years. 30 days and thats it. Bet that would be a deterrent to some.

Church!! :cheer2:

sanfran22
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Church!! :cheer2:

?...eye for an eye bro.

mrveggieman
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
?...eye for an eye bro.

Believe it or not you and I can actually agree on something. Hopefully that dosen't happen too often on here cause it's kind of fun going at it with you on here. :winking0071:

sanfran22
09-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Believe it or not you and I can actually agree on something. Hopefully that dosen't happen too often on here cause it's kind of fun going at it with you on here. :winking0071:

lol....I'd just like a real debate sometime...:winking0071::kiss:

AUTaxMan
09-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Good riddance.

duane1969
09-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Wow, that sickens me to read it. There is no reason this guy should have sat on death row all of these years. This is a prime candidate for a "fast track" execution.

I also think that there should be a "less humane" way to execute violent offenders.

gatorboymike
09-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Wow, that sickens me to read it. There is no reason this guy should have sat on death row all of these years. This is a prime candidate for a "fast track" execution.

I also think that there should be a "less humane" way to execute violent offenders.

Well, we all know how big Texas is on the Bible...perhaps they should bring back stoning and crucifixion. Come on, we all know they want to.

mrveggieman
09-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Well, we all know how big Texas is on the Bible...perhaps they should bring back stoning and crucifixion. Come on, we all know they want to.

Me and you agree with a lot GBM but this one has nothing to do with the bible. This guy is a POS and killed an innocent man that he didn't know out of pure hate. I don't care if the state of texas was ran by a bunch of atheists he should be beaten, tourtured and set on fire. Or better yet since you mentioned crucifixion and the guy is a known racist nail him to a cross and set him and the cross on fire. That will make the next guy think twice before committing a hate crime.

pghin08
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Me and you agree with a lot GBM but this one has nothing to do with the bible. This guy is a POS and killed an innocent man that he didn't know out of pure hate. I don't care if the state of texas was ran by a bunch of atheists he should be beaten, tourtured and set on fire. Or better yet since you mentioned crucifixion and the guy is a known racist nail him to a cross and set him and the cross on fire. That will make the next guy think twice before committing a hate crime.

That's a load of crap. We've had the death penalty forever, and it doesn't seem to deter anyone from violent crimes. You're either going to commit the crime or you won't. The US is one of the few first-world countries that still executes people. It's archaic, and frankly, useless. As in, we don't use it that often. I think we've killed a little over 1,000 people in the last 30-35 years.

And I know what people will say. "Well Pghin08, what would happen if someone killed a member of ur family lolz". If someone were to do that, I want them behind bars forever. I want them to spend every day thinking that what they did got them put there. I would want that action to consume their every waking moment. And I'd get that wish. They shouldn't get the freedom that death provides.

mrveggieman
09-22-2011, 01:54 PM
That's a load of crap. We've had the death penalty forever, and it doesn't seem to deter anyone from violent crimes. You're either going to commit the crime or you won't. The US is one of the few first-world countries that still executes people. It's archaic, and frankly, useless. As in, we don't use it that often. I think we've killed a little over 1,000 people in the last 30-35 years.

And I know what people will say. "Well Pghin08, what would happen if someone killed a member of ur family lolz". If someone were to do that, I want them behind bars forever. I want them to spend every day thinking that what they did got them put there. I would want that action to consume their every waking moment. And I'd get that wish. They shouldn't get the freedom that death provides.

Do you really think that someone who commits a hate crime and goes to prison with all of his buddies who believe in the same cause that he believes in will really be worried about the person that he killed? He will be in jail with all of his race warrior buddies causing futher mayhem while he eats, sleeps and you know what on our tax paying dollar. He is a worthless lowlife who dosent deserve the life that God gave him. Not only should he be executed but he should have to suffer a slow painful death just like his victim felt when he took it upon himself to take their life.

pghin08
09-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Do you really think that someone who commits a hate crime and goes to prison with all of his buddies who believe in the same cause that he believes in will really be worried about the person that he killed? He will be in jail with all of his race warrior buddies causing futher mayhem while he eats, sleeps and you know what on our tax paying dollar. He is a worthless lowlife who dosent deserve the life that God gave him. Not only should he be executed but he should have to suffer a slow painful death just like his victim felt when he took it upon himself to take their life.

Oh yeah, and it's cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to execute them.

mrveggieman
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah, and it's cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to execute them.

Please show figures to justify that. I'm all for getting some rope, a couple of cans of gasoline some matches and setting the condemed on fire. I promise you that will be much cheaper and easier than letting him lay around on the publics dime.

Hilfiger1975
09-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Ya, i'm gonna have to see facts on that too...

gatorboymike
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
It's one thing to say "Bob killed a guy, so he deserves to die as punishment for his crime." But it's another thing to say "Let's kill Bob to deter other people from doing what Bob did." We all know it's not about crime deterrence, and it never has been. It's about punishment. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying about their true feelings or highly misinformed.

I'm a bit conflicted as to the death penalty. You hear about scum like this and you have this visceral gut reaction to the effect of "KILL THAT [expletive deleted]!" But at the same time, I think it's pretty scary to give the state the power to kill. Escape is never the safest bet, oh, a dissident, a dissident is here.

pghin08
09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Here you go, guys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/execute-or-not-question-cost/

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=214&articleid=20110904_214_G1_Nation448763

Star_Cards
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Please show figures to justify that. I'm all for getting some rope, a couple of cans of gasoline some matches and setting the condemed on fire. I promise you that will be much cheaper and easier than letting him lay around on the publics dime.

The problem is it's not that easy to execute someone. The legal costs dealing with all of their appeals is probably where the added costs would come from if it is in fact more expensive.

I also find your definition of prison as this guy hanging out with all of his buddies with the same ideology to be a little flawed.

I'm not 100% against the death penalty myself, but I definitely do not see it as that big of a deterrent as far as not having that crime still being committed.

Hilfiger1975
09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Here you go, guys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/execute-or-not-question-cost/

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=214&articleid=20110904_214_G1_Nation448763
Thanks!

duane1969
09-22-2011, 03:04 PM
It's one thing to say "Bob killed a guy, so he deserves to die as punishment for his crime." But it's another thing to say "Let's kill Bob to deter other people from doing what Bob did." We all know it's not about crime deterrence, and it never has been. It's about punishment. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying about their true feelings or highly misinformed.

I'm a bit conflicted as to the death penalty. You hear about scum like this and you have this visceral gut reaction to the effect of "KILL THAT [expletive deleted]!" But at the same time, I think it's pretty scary to give the state the power to kill. Escape is never the safest bet, oh, a dissident, a dissident is here.

Brace yourself...there may be an earthquake after this one

I mostly agree with you...(hmmm, no earthquake after all)

I agree that capital punishment is not a deterent, but I think it could be. The way executions are carried out these days it is difficult for it to be a deterent. Why be afraid of the death penalty when it is carried out behind closed doors and as painless as possible? You want to deter crimes like murder, hang the convicted criminal by his genitals in the town square until death and let the people listen to him and watch him suffer to death. Nobody else will commit murder.

I also agree about empowering the state to take a life, but I also think that there is already a check and balance system in place. Yes, the state carries out the execution, but only after a jury of his peers have found him guilty and have made a recommendation on sentencing. Without those actions by the jury the state has no authority to take the criminal's life.

Star_Cards
09-22-2011, 03:12 PM

I tend to be of this same opinion. When you see how many people have been released from life terms and various other long prison terms because new DNA technology has acquitted them, it's hard to think the justice system is 100% right about who they put to death.

mrveggieman
09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
The problem is it's not that easy to execute someone. The legal costs dealing with all of their appeals is probably where the added costs would come from if it is in fact more expensive.

I also find your definition of prison as this guy hanging out with all of his buddies with the same ideology to be a little flawed.

I'm not 100% against the death penalty myself, but I definitely do not see it as that big of a deterrent as far as not having that crime still being committed.

If a guy belongs to arien nation, the kkk, a street gang or any similiar sort of violent organization the first thing that he would do once he is locked up is go join his buddies on the inside. They will provide him protection and encourage him to commit more acts of violence while inside. Why should I pay for a monster like this who has no regard for human life to live? If he feels so strongly in his cause that he feels the need to take an innocent human life then we should have no problem taking his life for his cause either.

duane1969
09-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I tend to be of this same opinion. When you see how many people have been released from life terms and various other long prison terms because new DNA technology has acquitted them, it's hard to think the justice system is 100% right about who they put to death.

By the same measure, if there are witnesses and DNA evidence supports it, what is the justification for not applying the death penalty?

IMO the real issue is when death penalty cases from pre-DNA testing are appealed and the court system can see that there were flaws in the conviction but refuse to re-try the case.

-----------------------------------

How about this for an alternative?

A person is convicted of a capital crime and sentenced to death. They get one year to prepare and then they get a second trial with a new jury and judge. If they are found guilty a second time then all appeals are forfieted and the death sentence is carried out within 24 hours.

Hilfiger1975
09-22-2011, 03:33 PM
By the same measure, if there are witnesses and DNA evidence supports it, what is the justification for not applying the death penalty?

IMO the real issue is when death penalty cases from pre-DNA testing are appealed and the court system can see that there were flaws in the conviction but refuse to re-try the case.

A person is convicted of a capital crime and sentenced to death. They get one year to prepare and then they get a second trial with a new jury and judge. If they are found guilty a second time then all appeals are forfieted and the death sentence is carried out within 24 hours.

DNA evidence has really made large strides in advancement the last 10-15 years...that clearly is evident with the people being released from false ID accounts...

Star_Cards
09-22-2011, 04:17 PM

I'm not 100% for or against the death penalty, but I guess there's always a room for error in cases. Once you execute someone there is no going back if something new comes along to overturn a conviction.

*censored*
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM

See: Carlin, George. The guy had some excellent ideas. Beheading with a hacksaw... Shot out of a cannon into a brick wall... Boiling in hot oil... Throw them off a building and whoever they land on wins the Publisher's Clearing House... Small nuclear device up the pooper... Beheading with the head rolling down a hill and into one of five numbered holes, which the viewing audience can bet on... All great ideas.

mrveggieman
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
See: Carlin, George. The guy had some excellent ideas. Beheading with a hacksaw... Shot out of a cannon into a brick wall... Boiling in hot oil... Throw them off a building and whoever they land on wins the Publisher's Clearing House... Small nuclear device up the pooper... Beheading with the head rolling down a hill and into one of five numbered holes, which the viewing audience can bet on... All great ideas.

Can I get an amen! :cheer2:

Hilfiger1975
09-26-2011, 09:03 AM
George Carlin was pure genius...in every sense...:winking0071: