PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin may be getting a divorce?

pghin08
09-23-2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/sarah-palin/8782500/Sarah-Palins-husband-Todd-files-for-divorce.html

Don't run in 2012, Sarah. Figure things out at home for the sake of your kids and your family.

sanfran22
09-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Lol, National enquirer? Really?

mrveggieman
09-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow what a shocker. Lol.

pghin08
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Lol, National enquirer? Really?

It isn't from the National Enquirer. It's the Telegraph. The Enquirer was the first to write a story about that upcoming book, but that's about it.

ensbergcollector
09-23-2011, 11:17 AM
why do we care? When john edwards was having affairs, kids out of wedlock, and divorces, no one really cared. However, anything palin may or may not have done anytime in the last 30 years is worth writing about?

pghin08
09-23-2011, 11:22 AM
why do we care? When john edwards was having affairs, kids out of wedlock, and divorces, no one really cared. However, anything palin may or may not have done anytime in the last 30 years is worth writing about?

Were you in a coma during all of that hullabaloo? Goodness, I couldn't walk to my car without hearing something about John Edwards.

Palin is a newsworthy person, things that happen in her personal life are news, however unfair it may be. I don't like her one bit, but I'm not being partisan here. They've got so many kids, I'd like to see them try to work out their issues for the kids sake, and truly, I wish them the best.

ensbergcollector
09-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Were you in a coma during all of that hullabaloo? Goodness, I couldn't walk to my car without hearing something about John Edwards.

Palin is a newsworthy person, things that happen in her personal life are news, however unfair it may be. I don't like her one bit, but I'm not being partisan here. They've got so many kids, I'd like to see them try to work out their issues for the kids sake, and truly, I wish them the best.

sorry, my statement was pretty rhetorical. I get why the media thinks it's news. But it seems, maybe just because of the book, that they are digging to some pretty ridiculous depths to find stuff on palin. And I was definitely not in a coma, but no one here talked about john edwards whereas everything about palin, including who she may or may not have had a one night stand with 20 years ago is worth a new thread

sanfran22
09-23-2011, 11:37 AM
It isn't from the National Enquirer. It's the Telegraph. The Enquirer was the first to write a story about that upcoming book, but that's about it.

Looks like they got their info from the enquirer....
"The National Enquirer was the first to report details last week from McGinniss's book, which made a series of allegations about Mrs Palin's private life including drug use."
Either way, how do they know any of its true? It's just garbage gossip that they always do about her. On the Edwards issue, they didn't cover/smear him as much as they do her.......I've always said, it's a bad idea to be a conservative woman or minority largely in the public eye as you will get attacked mercilessly.........

Star_Cards
09-23-2011, 11:41 AM

lol seriously? you didn't hear anything about the John Edwards scandals? I sure did. Besides, why turn this into a political sides issue. I don't see the reason to rush to her defense by bringing up the Edwards divorce, etc.

sanfran22
09-23-2011, 11:44 AM
lol seriously? you didn't hear anything about the John Edwards scandals? I sure did. Besides, why turn this into a political sides issue. I don't see the reason to rush to her defense by bringing up the Edwards divorce, etc.

I believe the Edwards stuff was a proven issue, this is all gossip w/o proof. That's one problem I have with it. While it was reported, they didn't target him like they do her. If you can't see that I cant help you.

pghin08
09-23-2011, 11:48 AM
I believe the Edwards stuff was a proven issue, this is all gossip w/o proof. That's one problem I have with it. While it was reported, they didn't target him like they do her. If you can't see that I cant help you.

2 things:

1. The Palin stuff is coming out in a book. We'll have to determine whether or not the book is "gossip". It's obviously caused issues w/ her and Todd.

2. If you don't think John Edwards was targeted, you're so partisan. Edwards political career was RUINED by these stories. I'm not blaming the media for what Edwards did. He deserves every bit of misery he's now experiencing. But wasn't targeted? You're WAY off base here.

I agree with you that Sarah Palin is watched like a hawk. But the news media will do that to ANYBODY who will provide them with a juicy story. It's not a partisan thing. If you think it is, turn off Glenn Beck/Sean Hannity/Michael Savage, etc.

sanfran22
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
2 things:

1. The Palin stuff is coming out in a book. We'll have to determine whether or not the book is "gossip". It's obviously caused issues w/ her and Todd.

2. If you don't think John Edwards was targeted, you're so partisan. Edwards political career was RUINED by these stories. I'm not blaming the media for what Edwards did. He deserves every bit of misery he's now experiencing. But wasn't targeted? You're WAY off base here.

I agree with you that Sarah Palin is watched like a hawk. But the news media will do that to ANYBODY who will provide them with a juicy story. It's not a partisan thing. If you think it is, turn off Glenn Beck/Sean Hannity/Michael Savage, etc.

As much as she's targeted, I'd imagine it would cause issues. I'd get tired of it too if it were me. Secondly, Edwards was outed on his child and divorce issue.
It was shown he was a slimeball. I think the lady with the kid turned on him?? He wasn't blasted on a daily basis about everything from targets to accents to glen rice to divorce to trig to daughter to digging up old emails ect ect ........It's no where near the same. Like I said, if you're a conservative and a woman, watch out.

pghin08
09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
As much as she's targeted, I'd imagine it would cause issues. I'd get tired of it too if it were me. Secondly, Edwards was outed on his child and divorce issue.
It was shown he was a slimeball. I think the lady with the kid turned on him?? He wasn't blasted on a daily basis about everything from targets to accents to glen rice to divorce to trig to daughter to digging up old emails ect ect ........It's no where near the same. Like I said, if you're a conservative and a woman, watch out.

Okay, I get what you're saying and agree with you there. Edwards deserved it, and Palin really doesn't. I don't think she's the sharpest crayon in the box, but that doesn't mean she should be personally attacked more so than others.

However, I don't think it's exclusive to her. Obama was attacked on personal levels many times through the campaign and into his presidency (remember the whole birther thing?--Nobody believed the Hawaiian version of his birth certificate that was made public during his campaign, but after all, he is a Muslim Kenyan, right? :winking0071:).

I think the media tends to sensationalize those who don't look like normal politicians. I really don't think it's partisan, but when it comes to people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Barack Obama, etc; those who look different from people like Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, John Kerry, etc tend to get judged by the media more often.

sanfran22
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Okay, I get what you're saying and agree with you there. Edwards deserved it, and Palin really doesn't. I don't think she's the sharpest crayon in the box, but that doesn't mean she should be personally attacked more so than others.

However, I don't think it's exclusive to her. Obama was attacked on personal levels many times through the campaign and into his presidency (remember the whole birther thing?--Nobody believed the Hawaiian version of his birth certificate that was made public during his campaign, but after all, he is a Muslim Kenyan, right? :winking0071:).

I think the media tends to sensationalize those who don't look like normal politicians. I really don't think it's partisan, but when it comes to people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Barack Obama, etc; those who look different from people like Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, John Kerry, etc tend to get judged by the media more often.

I see your point, but on Obama it was one issue that probably needed to be addressed. It went over the top for sure, but had at least some legitimacy to the question and it dealt directly with his job.
The problem I have with the whole Palin thing is that they are just trying to smear and sensationalize everything that she does. Picking on her kids, hobbies, accent ect ect. They are after her personally every chance they get.
I'm more to the opinion that the media sensationalizes those that they don't want in power. It happens on both sides at times, but it's more personal from the left it appears......

Star_Cards
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM

It's proven now as it's done. This is just a report that she may be getting divorced. I'm not sure how it's an attack really. Definitely a gossip story at the moment. Same as if any well known politician or celebrity was rumored to be going through a divorce.

I'm not going to get into a peeing match of who was targeted more. I just know his story got plenty of air time even in the rumor phase of it. I'm fine with both. I just have an issue with a defense being "so and so didn't get the same treatment".

Star_Cards
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM

agreed. edwards = slimball.

Palin gives people stories. She's a lightning rod and she knows exactly what she's doing too. When you constantly put yourself out there and say controversial things, people are going to write stories about you and watch your every move.

pghin08
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM
agreed. edwards = slimball.

Palin gives people stories. She's a lightning rod and she knows exactly what she's doing too. When you constantly put yourself out there and say controversial things, people are going to write stories about you and watch your every move.

Very true. Media coverage is akin to rolling a snowball down a hill. If you say something controversial, you get more coverage and placed under a smaller microscope. As time goes on, that snowball keeps rolling and getting bigger as it goes down. Same thing as what's happened with Sarah Palin.

sanfran22
09-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Very true. Media coverage is akin to rolling a snowball down a hill. If you say something controversial, you get more coverage and placed under a smaller microscope. As time goes on, that snowball keeps rolling and getting bigger as it goes down. Same thing as what's happened with Sarah Palin.

That would be fine if that's what most of the stories were about.......

gatorboymike
09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Conservative Christian values for the win!

INTIMADATOR2007
09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
If Palin is no big deal and washed up like the left says ,why are they so worried about everything that comes out of the press concerning her .In my opion they are terrifed of her and know she would give ol Barack a run for his money . So the dirt digging will continue .

theonedru
09-23-2011, 10:17 PM
This stuff is all such junk and the blame lies on the public for eating this garbage up. Who cares about someones personal life. People need to get lives and quit caring about what happens outside of their jobs/political circles

pghin08
09-24-2011, 12:03 AM
If Palin is no big deal and washed up like the left says ,why are they so worried about everything that comes out of the press concerning her .In my opion they are terrifed of her and know she would give ol Barack a run for his money . So the dirt digging will continue .

As an Obama supporter, I hope she DOES run for president.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Pretty sad when they have to attack her thru her kids ..True class !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S18gsZ37QXY

Star_Cards
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
This stuff is all such junk and the blame lies on the public for eating this garbage up. Who cares about someones personal life. People need to get lives and quit caring about what happens outside of their jobs/political circles

it's definitely a look into where our "news" stands these days. It's more about sensationalism, celebrity, and personal troubles of celebrities more so than actual news.

MadMan1978
09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
She is married???? to real I thought she was already divorced