PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever herd of the company Fanfest? I am wondering if they are legit

beachboy22
09-27-2011, 12:57 AM
I am wondering if anyone has ever herd of Fanfest and if they are a legit company. Like are their COA worth anything or just the paper they are printed on. I have never herd of them and this is why i am wondering. Any info would be great! Thanks

http://www.fanfestsports.com/store/

Their stuff is cheap also. so idk

Vegas
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I've never heard of them and I wouldn't put any faith in their COA. Not saying they aren't legitimate, but I would not buy something from them.

blkdodge
10-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I just looked at their site and their stuff looks way off to me. Check the Pujols, Harper and Strasburg balls, they do not look right at all, especially the Pujols and Strasburg. Personally I would not touch anything from them.

gators241987
10-05-2011, 07:04 AM
That might be the worst pujols sig I've ever seen. surprised the fanfest distributors on here hasn't chimed in. Fwiw I wouldn't pay a nickel for anything from them

beachboy22
10-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Yea I was looking to trade for something thy the distributor had and I was a little weary of the stuff because it didn't look quite right to me. That's why I was asking this question

gators241987
10-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Yea I was looking to trade for something thy the distributor had and I was a little weary of the stuff because it didn't look quite right to me. That's why I was asking this question

ya, i would avoid buying anything associated with fanfest. calls into question all of the other stuff too......:scared0012:

jyosi
10-06-2011, 10:16 AM
The user "Sports Showcase" on this very site has this in his signature, "If you ask a question, and I take the time to respond to your question, have enough respect to follow through on the answer given.
I own Sports Showcase in Vienna, WV. I am also a distributor for FanFest Sports for your autographed memorabilia."

I looked through the site and a lot of the stuff is AWFUL. The Cam Newtons are very bad and there is no way they could have gotten them signed since the games those pictures were taken. On Friday I'm thinking about having my brother show Cam a picture of the items that person is selling and ask him if he has ever signed that stuff.

jyosi
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Example of Cam signatures my brother has gotten in the past month:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jyosi3/0930111427.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jyosi3/1_0822111153.jpg?t=1314029486
http://www.jrmsports.com/store/images/products/originals/94_98_100_5500.jpg

Examples from Fan fest:
http://www.fanfestsports.com/store/images/IMG_0005%20(Small).jpg
http://www.fanfestsports.com/store/images/9-5-11%20044%20(Small).jpg

Sports Showcase
10-06-2011, 11:17 AM
This is the first that I have heard of this post. I have dealt with fanfest for a couple years now. They have been in business since 1986. I was just recently asked to start selling their merchandise. If you go to www.fanfestsports.com (http://www.fanfestsports.com) and click the "contact us", you will receive their phone number. They will inform you on where the items/autographs sere obtained from. I called just a few minutes ago and asked where the obtained the Cam Newton Autos. I was informed that some of them where obtained through the camp he was at in South Carolina. Per the prices being low, I am knocking the prices down from the website to assist SCF Members in getting the item at a lower prices.

jyosi
10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
This is the first that I have heard of this post. I have dealt with fanfest for a couple years now. They have been in business since 1986. I was just recently asked to start selling their merchandise. If you go to www.fanfestsports.com (http://www.fanfestsports.com) and click the "contact us", you will receive their phone number. They will inform you on where the items/autographs sere obtained from. I called just a few minutes ago and asked where the obtained the Cam Newton Autos. I was informed that some of them where obtained through the camp he was at in South Carolina. Per the prices being low, I am knocking the prices down from the website to assist SCF Members in getting the item at a lower prices.

That explanations of the Newtons sounds bogus, because the Pictures are from regular season games. The Panthers haven't had camp in South Carolina since the middle of the preseason. Maybe he is talking about a football youth camp that Cam attended? That still doesn't make sense, because the Panthers practice every day except Tuesdays in Charlotte and kids would be in school on Tuesdays.

TPotts
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I looked at some of those on that thread, because when I saw a Vick 8x10 for 35 bucks I would've been all over it, but those Vicks are completely fake. Not even close to be honest. I'm not a professional, but most of them I saw didn't look legit...

Sports Showcase
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
fanfest sports phone number is: 740-405-7217. I called them earlier. Scott Wood is the owner. I asked him that there was a question on where the Cam Newtons were signed at. He told me that some of the were obtained in South Carolina at camp. If there still an issue here, call Fanfest up and resolve your issues.
i understand the concern on receive fake items. I do about 10 signings a year in my shop. but if i had concerns on an item and was provided a phone number to get information, i would call it.
I am not here to rip anybody off, i was just offering SCF a chance to get merchandise at a lower price. If you go to the website, the prices that i have put ont he merchandise is lower than the website.

if this continues to be an issue, i will just take them off and deal with the WVU and Ohio State items that I have. It doesnt matter to me one way or the other.

TPotts
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
fanfest sports phone number is: 740-405-7217. I called them earlier. Scott Wood is the owner. I asked him that there was a question on where the Cam Newtons were signed at. He told me that some of the were obtained in South Carolina at camp. If there still an issue here, call Fanfest up and resolve your issues.
i understand the concern on receive fake items. I do about 10 signings a year in my shop. but if i had concerns on an item and was provided a phone number to get information, i would call it.
I am not here to rip anybody off, i was just offering SCF a chance to get merchandise at a lower price. If you go to the website, the prices that i have put ont he merchandise is lower than the website.

if this continues to be an issue, i will just take them off and deal with the WVU and Ohio State items that I have. It doesnt matter to me one way or the other.

I understand what your saying, but at the same time... Anyone who's on the other side of the line can say anything they want. I mean they can say he had them in there shop, but what does that mean to the buyer if the graph doesn't match up, at all.

jyosi
10-06-2011, 12:26 PM

I'm not saying that you are trying to rip people off, but the explanations you are getting from him don't seem very good. I just wanted you to be aware that it appears you are promoting a guy selling fake signatures and if you want to protect your reputation you should probably stop representing him.

As for getting a phone number and calling myself, when I call my sales reps at companies with questions about products they are representing I expect them to find the answers for me. Not tell me to call someone myself.

gators241987
10-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Ive always been blunt and never sugar coated things so forgive me, but either a) your in cahoots with this guy selling bad items or b) your too dumb to realize what your distributing is fake. I would never be a distributor without doing research about a company asking me to sell their products and verifying they are in fact genuine. Playing the naive card wont help you avoid being drug down in this whole mess and believe me a storm is brewing since Im sure (well maybe not), but others on here remember all the crack downs on fake memorabilia dealers lately.

Free advice, cut ties with this guy and contact or atleast try to contact everyone you've sold a fanfest item to and offer their money back. I do, and most other dealers keep records of the items they sell and who buys them, so I hope you would as well.

Agreeing with another members post, its not our responsibility to contact fanfest, your the one selling his items so you need to do this. Its not our responsibility to contact him, its your reputation on the line.

Sports Showcase
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I too am blunt and too the point. I have dealt with fanfest for the past two years and have not had any problems. The reason that i told the individual to call the company, which phone number is posted on their website for any questions, is to verify the signing.
I have no intentions on selling "fake" items. I was just trying to give a lower price to the individuals here on SCF. Fanfest guarantees their items that are signed and again, i have had not incident with any of their items.
I do understand that individuals are out their faking items and trying to rip people off. Even look at the Ted Williams incident where the family faked 10 items and gave it to PSA and PSA certified 4 of them.
To make everything easy here on SCF, if anyone wants any merchandise, I will direct them to the Fanfest's website and let them pay full price for the merchandise that they want.
For the people who have never heard of Fanfest, I have never heard of 1/2 of these "Joe's Sport Shop" that they say that the certification is from.

Bottom line is, if you feel that the item is not real, do not trade for it or purchase it. I went to tons of shows and seen items that I did not think was real. I just did not look at it twice and not buy it or trade for it.

Who do you believe. I set a booth up at the Nationals in Cleveland some years back, and I was close to the certification booths. I over heard numerous customers say that they would not send anything to PSA, because they did not know what was going on, or they would not send to JSA, or Steiner for the same reasons.

I remember back some time ago, 20/20 did a special on Mark McGwire. 20/20 went to a signing and had Mark sign 10 baseballs. They had a hidden camera where they filmed Mark signing them. A couple days later, they went to Mark in the Locker Room. Mark would not let cameras in, but would look at the baseballs that 20/20 was woried that was fake. 20/20 showed him the 10 baseballs that he just signed a couple days ago, and he said that only one of them was his real autograph. So who do you believe?

I am not here to rip anyone on, I have been in business too long for that. If you have any concerns on an item, do no buy it. Simple.

ivbaseball06
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm not going to accuse anybody of anything fake, because that's not my fight, but I thought I would chime in.

I bought an Aaron Rodgers autograph off of Sports Showcase. It came the other day and I was pretty disappointed. The autograph seems to match up, enough that I was willing to take the risk. Unfortunately, what is advertised as 'high-quality photos' are not even close. It had been printed on normal Kodak printer paper on an at-home inkjet printer. You could tell because it didn't have the glossy feel of official photos. On top of that, a very low-quality Rodgers photo was used and you could literally see individual pixels on the printout.

Above that, there were lots of scratch marks in the photo (easy to have when you print on an inkjet), including two that looked like someone ran a fingernail or staple across the image. Even the metallic sharpie has scratches through it and was bleeding down the page.

Moral of the story for me? Fake or not, the photos are garbage. I returned it to the Fanfest address in South Carolina and haven't heard anything of a refund yet. Looking into a Paypal Dispute probably.

And one last thing to end on. This doesn't really show anything, but a lot of the autographed 8x10s that this guy is selling are also listed on eBay as reprints from a seller in Columbus, OH. The autograph I received wasn't a reprint, but it looks like the seller is also taking copies of them and selling them as reprints on eBay. So even if you DO happen to get an authentic 8x10, the guy is still making money off of it by selling it to other people who are going to have the exact same photo with the exact same signature, just their's are reprints.

Also, the photo was listed for $45, and I offered $37 (my PP balance at the time) and he took it in an instant. That's not really something people do with real autographs, especially when they're already at a really bottom line.

gators241987
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
There might be a reason he's not on tcc anymore

jyosi
10-18-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm not going to accuse anybody of anything fake, because that's not my fight, but I thought I would chime in.

I bought an Aaron Rodgers autograph off of Sports Showcase. It came the other day and I was pretty disappointed. The autograph seems to match up, enough that I was willing to take the risk. Unfortunately, what is advertised as 'high-quality photos' are not even close. It had been printed on normal Kodak printer paper on an at-home inkjet printer. You could tell because it didn't have the glossy feel of official photos. On top of that, a very low-quality Rodgers photo was used and you could literally see individual pixels on the printout.

Above that, there were lots of scratch marks in the photo (easy to have when you print on an inkjet), including two that looked like someone ran a fingernail or staple across the image. Even the metallic sharpie has scratches through it and was bleeding down the page.

Moral of the story for me? Fake or not, the photos are garbage. I returned it to the Fanfest address in South Carolina and haven't heard anything of a refund yet. Looking into a Paypal Dispute probably.

And one last thing to end on. This doesn't really show anything, but a lot of the autographed 8x10s that this guy is selling are also listed on eBay as reprints from a seller in Columbus, OH. The autograph I received wasn't a reprint, but it looks like the seller is also taking copies of them and selling them as reprints on eBay. So even if you DO happen to get an authentic 8x10, the guy is still making money off of it by selling it to other people who are going to have the exact same photo with the exact same signature, just their's are reprints.

Also, the photo was listed for $45, and I offered $37 (my PP balance at the time) and he took it in an instant. That's not really something people do with real autographs, especially when they're already at a really bottom line.

I agree with everything you are saying except for accepting the offer that was $8 lower. For example, I have Paul Molitor baseballs listed for $40. If someone offered me $32 I would take it right away. That is the reason I have best offer listed. I only had 10 bucks in the ball. Might as well let it go for three times as much.

Riley_96
11-16-2011, 12:38 AM
I would trust PSA and take their COA. Bottom line is anything done by human beings is going to have openings for errors. As for the 20/20 story that is a bad way to go about asking him something like that because in his mind some of them has to be fakes. No one knows for sure but in his mind he could have been thinking "damn they all look like me" but the nature of the situation leads him to automatically believe that some must be fakes