PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama = the Antichrist?

pghin08
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm sure you've all seen the clip of President Obama at his fundraiser being heckled by a man who referred to him as the "Antichrist" (Jon Stewart from the Daily Show humorously noted "Well, the economy can't be THAT bad if someone is willing to pay $250 to yell at the President".

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/opinion/why-the-antichrist-matters-in-politics.html

The link above is to a New York Times op-ed by a history professor on the radical Christian movement to label President Obama as the antichrist, which I found interesting. I'm curious to know people thoughts on this. I'm sure most of the P&R regulars will already know mine.

AUTaxMan
09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Nobody who should be taken seriously thinks Obama is the antichrist. IMO, that op-ed is complete crap.

Hilfiger1975
09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
:sign0087:

pghin08
09-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Nobody who should be taken seriously thinks Obama is the antichrist. IMO, that op-ed is complete crap.

Why? I personally know a lot of people that believe that exact thing.

AUTaxMan
09-28-2011, 01:47 PM

And you should not take them seriously.

pghin08
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
And you should not take them seriously.

No matter if I should take them seriously or not, they still exist in large numbers, and of course, have the ability to vote.

AUTaxMan
09-28-2011, 01:50 PM
No matter if I should take them seriously or not, they still exist in large numbers, and of course, have the ability to vote.

Define and substantiate "large numbers."

duane1969
09-28-2011, 01:50 PM
the growth of strong central governments and the consolidation of independent nations into one superstate led by a seemingly benevolent leader promising world peace.

Since none of that has happened and will not be happening in the next year, Obama can not be the anti-christ.

Hilfiger1975
09-28-2011, 02:04 PM
There's also a "large number" of people afraid of the dark...

ensbergcollector
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM

you know a large number of people who use the phrase anti-christ or who literally believe obama is the anti-christ? I am a christian and I am around christians every day in large numbers and I have yet to meet one who actually thinks that.

pghin08
09-28-2011, 02:41 PM
you know a large number of people who use the phrase anti-christ or who literally believe obama is the anti-christ? I am a christian and I am around christians every day in large numbers and I have yet to meet one who actually thinks that.

Haha, I went to a Christian university, and a lot of my friends/acquaintances from there honestly believe that, like the article said, the evidence lines up for Obama to be the antichrist. I don't agree with them one bit, but that of course doesn't change how they feel.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/HarrisPolls/tabid/447/ctl/ReadCustom%20Default/mid/1508/ArticleId/223/Default.aspx

Above is a Harris poll stating that 14% of people believe "he may be the antichrist". It's a fringe thought, but one that clearly has some meat behind it.

sanfran22
09-28-2011, 04:43 PM
I believe the antichrist has to come from roman or European lineage?..I don't think Obama fits that mold. I do believe he is alive in our generation and all things appear to be lining up as prophesied...

texansrangerfan73
09-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Haha, I went to a Christian university, and a lot of my friends/acquaintances from there honestly believe that, like the article said, the evidence lines up for Obama to be the antichrist. I don't agree with them one bit, but that of course doesn't change how they feel.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/NewsRoom/HarrisPolls/tabid/447/ctl/ReadCustom%20Default/mid/1508/ArticleId/223/Default.aspx

Above is a Harris poll stating that 14% of people believe "he may be the antichrist". It's a fringe thought, but one that clearly has some meat behind it.

I believe them all. I have saw the horns on him in his last speech :rolleyes:

INTIMADATOR2007
09-28-2011, 09:29 PM
I believe them all. I have saw the horns on him in his last speech :rolleyes:
You talikn about the CBC speech , How un-presidential was that . Never has an American president been so rude toward a group of american voters. Who does he think he is ?

pghin08
09-28-2011, 11:28 PM
You talikn about the CBC speech , How un-presidential was that . Never has an American president been so rude toward a group of american voters. Who does he think he is ?

I didn't get to see that speech, do you have a link or anything?

texansrangerfan73
09-28-2011, 11:48 PM

:(

I didn't get to see that speech, do you have a link or anything?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-ap-us-obama-black-caucus,0,3194242.story

gatorboymike
09-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Anyone who seriously thinks that is giving Obama way too much credit. Oh yes, haven't you heard the prophecies that the antichrist will roll over and beg for the Republicans in Congress like a trained puppy? You want to talk about who's really "anti-Christ," Sunny Jim...

pghin08
09-29-2011, 09:27 AM

Okay now, wait. I watched the video of this speech, and it instantly reminded me of Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutting's speech about a month ago where he called out a portion of the black community for being lazy, violent and irresponsible. We had a thread (or two, I think) on it, and I took the liberty to quote your reaction:

Now thats a democrat i can support , Well said Mr. Nutter !

So what's the difference in what Nutter said and what Obama said? Both were addressing the black community and telling them they needed to step up. I don't see how you can be supportive of what Michael Nutter said, yet when Barack Obama says the same thing, he's "un-presidential".

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Okay now, wait. I watched the video of this speech, and it instantly reminded me of Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutting's speech about a month ago where he called out a portion of the black community for being lazy, violent and irresponsible. We had a thread (or two, I think) on it, and I took the liberty to quote your reaction:

So what's the difference in what Nutter said and what Obama said? Both were addressing the black community and telling them they needed to step up. I don't see how you can be supportive of what Michael Nutter said, yet when Barack Obama says the same thing, he's "un-presidential".

The difference is that Nutter wants blacks to step up and make a contribution to society. Obama wants them to march in support of his progressive agenda (i.e., organize and make sure I'm reelected).

pghin08
09-29-2011, 09:51 AM
The difference is that Nutter wants blacks to step up and make a contribution to society. Obama wants them to march in support of his progressive agenda (i.e., organize and make sure I'm reelected).

Fair point. Nutter wasn't campaigning, Obama was.

Star_Cards
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I thought it was hilarious when the heckler yells "jesus is the son of god" and Obama says "I agree". Great response.

I agree that anyone that yells about Obama being the antichrist shouldn't be taken seriously.

Star_Cards
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM

I agree, the usage of saying that someone is the antichrist is figurative and said for effect. I guess antichrist is the way of saying you think someone it completely evil?