PDA

View Full Version : Wall Streets day of rage .

INTIMADATOR2007
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
You guys know about the protest in New York going on for almost 10 days now . This is not your average protest though with more than 100 arrest and threats of collapasing the banks and stock market . This is how the left get there point across. If you can prove a tea party is more violent than this protest please enlighten me . Comming to a city near you .

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/16/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street/

Organizers of the event swear up and down that the mass protest will be nonviolent in nature. This raises the question of why they named their event after the original “Days of Rage” that took place in Chicago in 1969. That tumultuous year, members of what was later to become known as the Weather Underground (http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/16/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street/#)​ provoked four days of riots and demonstrations against The System. The September 17 protest comes months after ACORN founder Wade Rathke (http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/16/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street/#)​ wrote of an “anti-banking jihad” and SEIU operative Stephen Lerner promised to “bring down the stock market” through a campaign of disruption. Sociologist Abby Scher said she was bullish on the potential of Lerner’s plan to cause massive upheaval. “As Frances Fox Piven and [Richard] Cloward taught us … poor peoples’ movements are successful when they create conditions of ungovernability. And then you win victories

theonedru
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Hopefully this will steamroll and gain momentum, this country needs a revolution if there is any hope of a future for us, our children or their children's children.

duane1969
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Steven Colbert sent a camera crew and had video footage of a woman walking around topless. I was confused as to what being topless has to do with Wall Street and why she felt the need to be lewd to protest.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Hopefully this will steamroll and gain momentum, this country needs a revolution if there is any hope of a future for us, our children or their children's children.

Church!! :cheer2:

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 10:43 AM

You have got to be kidding me. If you think the collapse of the financial system and the government will be good for the country, you are very naive.

pghin08
09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Steven Colbert sent a camera crew and had video footage of a woman walking around topless. I was confused as to what being topless has to do with Wall Street and why she felt the need to be lewd to protest.

I don't know about you, but anytime I'm walking around New York City and come near Wall Street, I feel an unmistakable urge to strip naked and run around showing everybody my "stocks and bonds".

theonedru
09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
You have got to be kidding me. If you think the collapse of the financial system and the government will be good for the country, you are very naive.

So you approve of this current financial system, the one where we are 14 trillion in debt and digging the hole deeper everyday because we are too ignorant to admit we are over our head. And the poorer get poorer while the richer get richer. Since they refuse to listen to reason and continue on this downward spiral into destroying this country whats your solution then?

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 11:06 AM
So you approve of this current financial system, the one where we are 14 trillion in debt and digging the hole deeper everyday because we are too ignorant to admit we are over our head. And the poorer get poorer while the richer get richer. Since they refuse to listen to reason and continue on this downward spiral into destroying this country whats your solution then?

Show me where I said any of that.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Show me where I said any of that.

So mrtaxman what soultions do you have? And before you say that we need to vote Obama out again let me remind you that our current financial problems began long before most of use have ever heard of Barac Obama.

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
So mrtaxman what soultions do you have? And before you say that we need to vote Obama out again let me remind you that our current financial problems began long before most of use have ever heard of Barac Obama.

My solutions are lower taxes, substantially less government regulation, real entitlement reform, and real spending cuts- not just decreases in spending increases.

Also, the democrats are the ones who won't rein in spending. Every time the republicans try to do something about it, the dems come out and demagogue, claiming that republicans want to kick grandma out on the street and let her die of pneumonia.

These people want anarchy and financial chaos, the result of which is ALWAYS bloodshed.

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
My solutions are lower taxes, substantially less government regulation, real entitlement reform, and real spending cuts- not just decreases in spending increases.

Also, the democrats are the ones who won't rein in spending. Every time the republicans try to do something about it, the dems come out and demagogue, claiming that republicans want to kick grandma out on the street and let her die of pneumonia.

These people want anarchy and financial chaos, the result of which is ALWAYS bloodshed.

You got it....also, I believe Obama was in congress when the crap hit the fan. He is just as responsible.

pghin08
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM

That lack of government regulation was awesome when the freaking derivatives markets (which by the way, they always called less risky) nearly brought the whole system down. That was great, you're right, we need more of that.

Star_Cards
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
You guys know about the protest in New York going on for almost 10 days now . This is not your average protest though with more than 100 arrest and threats of collapasing the banks and stock market . This is how the left get there point across. If you can prove a tea party is more violent than this protest please enlighten me . Comming to a city near you .

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/16/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street/

Organizers of the event swear up and down that the mass protest will be nonviolent in nature. This raises the question of why they named their event after the original “Days of Rage” that took place in Chicago in 1969. That tumultuous year, members of what was later to become known as the Weather Underground (http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/16/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street/#)​ provoked four days of riots and demonstrations against The System. The September 17 protest comes months after ACORN founder Wade Rathke (http://frontpagemag.com/2011/09/16/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street/#)​ wrote of an “anti-banking jihad” and SEIU operative Stephen Lerner promised to “bring down the stock market” through a campaign of disruption. Sociologist Abby Scher said she was bullish on the potential of Lerner’s plan to cause massive upheaval. “As Frances Fox Piven and [Richard] Cloward taught us … poor peoples’ movements are successful when they create conditions of ungovernability. And then you win victories

Anyone who compares founding fathers or our government officials to Nazis are just like people who call presidents antichrists and don't really have my attention. Nor do they symbolize a political party as a whole.

Star_Cards
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM

sounds like the typical people who get involved in G8 riots and post championship sporting event riots. People who really aren't about the cause and just want to cause trouble.

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
That lack of government regulation was awesome when the freaking derivatives markets (which by the way, they always called less risky) nearly brought the whole system down. That was great, you're right, we need more of that.

I didn't say completely eliminate all government regulation. We need regulation, but it needs to be reasonable.

pghin08
09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I didn't say completely eliminate all government regulation. We need regulation, but it needs to be reasonable.

But how can you argue that deregulation works after things like Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, the banking system, etc?

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
But how can you argue that deregulation works after things like Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, the banking system, etc?

Because I don't view this as a zero-sum game. It's not heavy regulation or no regulation. You need government oversight , but you have to give business the freedom to operate within clearly-stated bounds that are not cost-prohibitive.

Let's ignore Wall Street for a bit and focus on the EPA. Read this blurb by Neal Boortz and tell me that the EPA does not need to be reined in:

The EPA has figured out that the best way to justify its existence is to create absurdly burdensome regulations. Not only will these regulations justify its existence but it will justify its expansion! After all, it is going to need to hire more workers to enforce these regulations. And the cycle continues … do you see how government grows like a cancer? Its goal is to spread, to survive. It can do this because it is surviving on an endless supply of taxpayer dollars. I say endless because government can force you to hand over more dollars at the point of a gun, in order to fund itself. Or it can just spend money that it doesn’t have and tell your grandchildren that they will be stuck with the bill. There is no skin in the game for the people spending the money when they can pass the buck along to later generations.
But back to the EPA … we’ve talked about newly proposed EPA regulations on greenhouse gas emissions. This would require millions of businesses to file for EPA permits, fill out burdensome paperwork and prove that you are complying with emissions regulations. This is time, labor, that is being taken away from the private marketplace to produce goods and services and forced to be used to comply with government regulations.
Whether these regulations actually end up going into effect remains to be seen, but even the EPA itself acknowledges that these regulations are “absurd” and would require a tremendous amount of new government bureaucrats. In an EPA court briefing it states, “While EPA acknowledges that come 2016, the administrative burdens may still be so great that compliance … may still be absurd or impossible to administer at that time, that does not mean that the Agency is not moving toward the statutory thresholds.”
How many government hacks would it take to enforce this one regulation? Up to 230,000 new government workers would be needed to process all of the new paperwork! This is estimated to cost the taxpayers $21 billion, and that doesn’t even include the compliance costs associated with the economic loss for these businesses forced to comply with the regulation.
And how much will the new EPA regulations cost in private sector jobs? The estimate is 1.4 million.
Now .. here’s something else you need to remember about the EPA. By law – (please not the seriousness of those words, “by law”) – the EPA cannot consider the cost of a new regulation. If the EPA decides that this or that gas or particle needs to be controlled then it must move forward to institute regulations to control that gas or particle, and CANNOT consider the cost of those regulations to our economy. If they have to hire a quarter-million additional government hacks to administer the new regulation; so what? And if the new regulation costs a million and a-half jobs in the private sector; again, so what? The EPA cannot even consider those factors.
It is any wonder that businesses in this country are sitting tight, hesitant to invest or expand with regulations like this coming down the pipeline?
Remember that when asked if you were forced to eliminate one department from the federal government, which one would you eliminate and why … Herman Cain said the EPA.

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2011/sep/27/absurd-regulations-epa/

theonedru
09-30-2011, 01:13 AM
We need accountability and reason in this country. Both of which are almost non existent in government circles anymore. you look at the SEC who are some of the biggest dirtiest crooks in America who can be paid off to look the other way while their friends like Madoff take us for billions, or politicians who grease the palms of their buddies while they take bribes from "special interest groups" or lobbyists. There is no one for the government to answer to and there needs to be, they need to remember they work for us.

AUTaxMan
09-30-2011, 01:14 AM
We need accountability and reason in this country. Both of which are almost non existent in government circles anymore. you look at the SEC who are some of the biggest dirtiest crooks in America who can be paid off to look the other way while their friends like Madoff take us for billions, or politicians who grease the palms of their buddies while they take bribes from "special interest groups" or lobbyists. There is no one for the government to answer to and there needs to be, they need to remember they work for us.

So the answer to that is bringing the nation to a financial and governmental crisis?

theonedru
09-30-2011, 01:17 AM
This country is already in a deep financial and governmental crisis. And it gets worse as the days go on and on

AUTaxMan
09-30-2011, 01:36 AM
This country is already in a deep financial and governmental crisis. And it gets worse as the days go on and on

How is crumbling the entire system going to make things better? It will only make things much, much worse.

theonedru
09-30-2011, 01:45 AM
How is crumbling the entire system going to make things better? It will only make things much, much worse.

Then how do you expect them to listen to our voices who demand change? Considering they have ignored it for decades.

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Then how do you expect them to listen to our voices who demand change? Considering they have ignored it for decades.

You should elect someone who you believe represents your interests.

theonedru
10-04-2011, 07:16 PM
You should elect someone who you believe represents your interests.

When was the last time a politician represented the peoples interests.... Or for that matter when was the last time we didn't have a nation of idiots who keep believing their lies or voting for the cool guy. Maybe in the next election no one should vote thus no one gets elected and we can solve our own problems

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
When was the last time a politician represented the peoples interests.... Or for that matter when was the last time we didn't have a nation of idiots who keep believing their lies or voting for the cool guy. Maybe in the next election no one should vote thus no one gets elected and we can solve our own problems

My representatives do, in fact, represent my interests. The nation is full of idiots, but do you honestly think chaos and disorder is the way to go? If that happens, you'd better run for your guns, because nothing good is going to come of it. When the smoke clears from that disorder, you will have less freedom than you do today, not more.

theonedru
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't know about that, after all this nation was born of treason and revolution. each day that passes this country sinks deeper and deeper and we have less and less freedoms. There comes a breaking point where politicians are going to have to learn. Remember the whole mandatory health care bill thingy, You will be paying to be a citizen of this country. That about a slow as you can go and it can't get much scarier than that. if the people will let them do that then god knows what else they would let pass

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't know about that, after all this nation was born of treason and revolution. each day that passes this country sinks deeper and deeper and we have less and less freedoms. There comes a breaking point where politicians are going to have to learn. Remember the whole mandatory health care bill thingy, You will be paying to be a citizen of this country. That about a slow as you can go and it can't get much scarier than that. if the people will let them do that then god knows what else they would let pass

Our American Revolution is the only significant revolution in the history of the world where the people who started the revolution finished it. I am telling you, the unintended consequences of revolution are awful. It is easy to lose faith in the system that we are in today. However, this is not America as it was intended to be. Government is too intrusive. Many of the new-line Republicans/tea partiers actually want to scale back government, to increase freedom, and to get this country back on the track that it belongs. That is the train you need to be on. Not the anarchy train.

tutall
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM

I am really struggling to follow you.... The financial crisis you are speaking of and the countries debt has little to do with the stock market crumbling... Do you realize what a crumbling stock market would do to retirees who depend on that money monthly coming in to pay bills. Not everyone lives off social security and those people rely on what they have built up to live. These people protesting in New York are not revolutionists.. They are punks who want 15 minutes of fame then go riot against something else. If you want to change anything it needs to be done in congress and the courtroom. Shutting down the Brooklyn Bridge on a freaking SATURDAY does nothing to hurt wall street...

theonedru
10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I am really struggling to follow you.... The financial crisis you are speaking of and the countries debt has little to do with the stock market crumbling... Do you realize what a crumbling stock market would do to retirees who depend on that money monthly coming in to pay bills. Not everyone lives off social security and those people rely on what they have built up to live. These people protesting in New York are not revolutionists.. They are punks who want 15 minutes of fame then go riot against something else. If you want to change anything it needs to be done in congress and the courtroom. Shutting down the Brooklyn Bridge on a freaking SATURDAY does nothing to hurt wall street...

Wall street is the biggest ponzi scam run by a bunch of crooks they are regulated by the SEC and look what they let Madoff get away with. Wall Street is in need of a changeover and all those scum running it need a nice bare jail cell. No luxuries.

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Wall street is the biggest ponzi scam run by a bunch of crooks they are regulated by the SEC and look what they let Madoff get away with. Wall Street is in need of a changeover and all those scum running it need a nice bare jail cell. No luxuries.

What about Wall Street do you specifically have a problem with? If you believe they are all crooks out to steal people's money, you could not be MORE wrong.

theonedru
10-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Its more the artificial manipulation and misleading practices than actual stealing

INTIMADATOR2007
10-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Heres a list of the demands from the wall street protest . These people have lost their minds .

"Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period"

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Its more the artificial manipulation and misleading practices than actual stealing

For instance?

tutall
10-05-2011, 12:33 AM

There are very few people with the capabilities of manipulation like you are talking about. People like Warren Buffet arent that common and he affects the market for a day or two then on to the next news. Like it or not it is the best way we have to guage a companies worth. You dont have to like it but pretty much everyone has skin in the game with this one. Go check out your 401K and see how much you have to lose with the market. As far as mimsleading... If you are mislead shame on you! There are many ways out there to find facts and if you simply refuse to do so that is your problem. You can check out SEC findings and up to date information (within the last 30 days) of any broker dealer or licensed rep on FINRAS website. You can get up to the second in most cases financials on any company you could ever want to invest in. You can check out public records and criminal history as well as licensing information on any broker dealer you could want... Like it or not just because a few guys can scam the system does not mean the industry is not regulated.

AUTaxMan
10-05-2011, 01:14 AM
There are very few people with the capabilities of manipulation like you are talking about. People like Warren Buffet arent that common and he affects the market for a day or two then on to the next news. Like it or not it is the best way we have to guage a companies worth. You dont have to like it but pretty much everyone has skin in the game with this one. Go check out your 401K and see how much you have to lose with the market. As far as mimsleading... If you are mislead shame on you! There are many ways out there to find facts and if you simply refuse to do so that is your problem. You can check out SEC findings and up to date information (within the last 30 days) of any broker dealer or licensed rep on FINRAS website. You can get up to the second in most cases financials on any company you could ever want to invest in. You can check out public records and criminal history as well as licensing information on any broker dealer you could want... Like it or not just because a few guys can scam the system does not mean the industry is not regulated.

What he is saying sounds like the typical liberal groupthink. Makes for good water cooler talk but is short short on specifics and lacks practical application.

Hilfiger1975
10-05-2011, 01:23 AM
The government doesn't even care about the troops that fight for this country. What would make you think they would care about normal citizens? The whole thing is laughable...

AUTaxMan
10-05-2011, 01:26 AM
The government doesn't even care about the troops that fight for this country. What would make you think they would care about normal citizens? The whole thing is laughable...

What's laughable is that you actually believe that.

Hilfiger1975
10-05-2011, 01:28 AM
What's laughable is that you actually believe that.
Ya, since it's the truth it actually makes you quite laughable...better look into your american history...:winking0071:

Here i'll give you a hint. How did the government treat the Vietnam vets? Or better yet ask the soldiers in Desert Storm how they was lied to for years...

otsegoflake
10-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Heres a list of the demands from the wall street protest . These people have lost their minds .

"Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period"

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/
Or they could just pay their bills.

I'm not saying that the whole thing is ridiculous, but at least 80% of it is. I (kinda) get what they're saying, but what it looks like, to me, is a bunch of burnouts who hate anyone that makes six figures or more. Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting. Even if all debt was wiped clean, that's only a temporary solution. All that debt will pile right back up in no time.

If they really want to change things, they need to work their way up, become the corporate fat cats that they despise and start bringing in new policies.

sanfran22
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
What I find funny is that a lot of idiots call the Tea party racist or a hate group or instigators ect yet they have had 0 arrests in their history. These losers get up there for their "day of rage" and already 700 plus arrests.....hmmmm which side has no common sense?

INTIMADATOR2007
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
What I find funny is that a lot of idiots call the Tea party racist or a hate group or instigators ect yet they have had 0 arrests in their history. These losers get up there for their "day of rage" and already 700 plus arrests.....hmmmm which side has no common sense?
Nothing to see here , Now move along ...lol..lol... No Obama 2012 ..