PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Leader expelled over slavery letter

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/07/mcconnell-on-tea-party-racism.html

Now if you still don't believe that the tea party is racist then you are blind as a bat.

duane1969
09-29-2011, 02:37 PM

Now if you still don't believe that the tea party is racist then you are blind as a bat.

I must be blind then. The Tea Party severed ties to his group, a clear statement by the Tea Party that they disagree with his actions. This is not proof that the Tea Party is a racists group.

EDIT: Also, he was not the Tea Party leader when he wrote that. And, tasteless as it was, his letter was satyrical, not a manifesto of the Tea Party.

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but some can't figure it out......

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM

Name one political group that does not contain some racists.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Name one political group that does not contain some racists.

As we all know every political party contains racists and other hateful people. The tea party and republicans just contain more than most others.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
I must be blind then. The Tea Party severed ties to his group, a clear statement by the Tea Party that they disagree with his actions. This is not proof that the Tea Party is a racists group.

EDIT: Also, he was not the Tea Party leader when he wrote that. And, tasteless as it was, his letter was satyrical, not a manifesto of the Tea Party.

The tea party wasn't mad at him for what he felt because a lot of them feel that way they were mad at him for letting his feelings become public.

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
The tea party wasn't mad at him for what he felt because a lot of them feel that way they were mad at him for letting his feelings become public.

So now you are in the mind reading business?

Star_Cards
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think one man's thoughts, even if he is part of a party, defines the whole party. I'm an atheist and an independent but that doesn't mean all independents are atheists.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:18 PM
So now you are in the mind reading business?

I'm just calling it like I see it. Why is it that no one heard of the tea party until president obama took over and all of a sudden a bunch of angry white christian people banded together and started talking all this tea party nonsense?

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm just calling it like I see it. Why is it that no one heard of the tea party until president obama took over and all of a sudden a bunch of angry white christian people banded together and started talking all this tea party nonsense?

Because there was no tea party until after Obama took over, but it was not a reaction to Obama. It was a reaction to government spending as a whole. What is the nonsense part?

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM

Maybe because Obama's policies are garbage? He's spent more then anyone ever?

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Because there was no tea party until after Obama took over, but it was not a reaction to Obama. It was a reaction to government spending as a whole. What is the nonsense part?

I'm not mad at anyone for wanting to cut gov't waste, however where was the tea party when gwb was wasting all of our money on usless wars? How come they didn't come out of the woodwork then? Please don't insult my intelligence mrtaxman. You and I both know the real intentions of the tea party even if you are not going to admit them on here.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Maybe because Obama's policies are garbage? He's spent more then anyone ever?

No try again. The tea party was formed before President Obama had a chance to do anything. Almost everything that gwb did was garbage but there was no tea party to rallying against him.

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm not mad at anyone for wanting to cut gov't waste, however where was the tea party when gwb was wasting all of our money on usless wars? How come they didn't come out of the woodwork then? Please don't insult my intelligence mrtaxman. You and I both know the real intentions of the tea party even if you are not going to admit them on here.

Lol on that one......seriously. Research the tea party please. You may be surprised where some think they came from (ron paul?? whom you support??)

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 04:28 PM
No try again. The tea party was formed before President Obama had a chance to do anything. Almost everything that gwb did was garbage but there was no tea party to rallying against him.

How about the dems in congress that were spending fools? Ever think it might be from that as well? Or are you so racially blind that you seriously think it is because Obama's black. Maybe if Obama did something about the problems they wouldn't be as strong today. You really need to stop the nonsense.

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:29 PM

It doesn't matter where they were. They were asleep, just like everyone else. Just because they were wrong then does not make them wrong now. The real intentions are to get this country back on the right fiscal path before it is too late.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
It doesn't matter where they were. They were asleep, just like everyone else. Just because they were wrong then does not make them wrong now. The real intentions are to get this country back on the right fiscal path before it is too late.

Right I got you. They were asleep through 2 wars and billions of dollars in gov't wast by gwb but all of a sudden a Blackman legally gets elected president and they have a fit. :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Right I got you. They were asleep through 2 wars and billions of dollars in gov't wast by gwb but all of a sudden a Blackman legally gets elected president and they have a fit. :winking0071:

It has nothing to do with his race. It has everything to do with his Marxist/fascist policies. If it had anything to do with race, how come Herman Cain and Alan West are two of the Tea Party's shining stars at the moment?

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:45 PM
It has nothing to do with his race. It has everything to do with his Marxist/fascist policies. If it had anything to do with race, how come Herman Cain and Alan West are two of the Tea Party's shining stars at the moment?

Because uncle toms dont count. :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM

Are you being serious?

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Are you being serious?

Dude are YOU serious? Do you really think if herman cain were elected that he would he really have the people's best intrests at heart? You and I both know that he would be nothing but a puppet for the tea party. I have heard some racist people say that the only reason why they would even pretend to support cain was to appear that they are not racists.

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Dude are YOU serious? Do you really think if herman cain were elected that he would he really have the people's best intrests at heart? You and I both know that he would be nothing but a puppet for the tea party. I have heard some racist people say that the only reason why they would even pretend to support cain was to appear that they are not racists.

What makes you think he is a puppet?

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
What makes you think he is a puppet?

Open up your eyes. Look who is supporting him. A fringe group of right wing religious extremists. If he get's in office who will he look out for? Not the common man.

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM

Thanks for showing how racist you really are. You are no better then the guy that wrote the letter sadly...I think this topic has been exhausted...

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Open up your eyes. Look who is supporting him. A fringe group of right wing religious extremists. If he get's in office who will he look out for? Not the common man.

He is polling at 4 points under Obama right now. That is much more than a fringe group of right wing extremists.

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for showing how racist you really are....I think this topic has long expired...

So if I tell the truth that makes me racist but people can post all type of racially suggestive posts on here and that's ok?

mrveggieman
09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
He is polling at 4 points under Obama right now. That is much more than a fringe group of right wing extremists.

Link please.

ensbergcollector
09-29-2011, 04:59 PM

it's official. you have lost any sense of logic or common sense. Your posts today in multiple threads have shown your true colors I am sorry to say. You constantly rail against rich white christians, fox news, and anything that is even 1 degree to the right all the while defending al jazira as a credible news source, the naacp as a good organization that does no wrong, and establishing that racism is ok as long as it isn't directed toward blacks. You never address any points made by anyone. You simply try to flip it around and attack right back instead of addressing anything that doesn't fit with your narrow view of the world. If something doesn't fit your view, it is automatically a bias source. Half your posts are mind reader mumbo jumbo claiming "we all know what they are really thinking" and yet if someone disagrees with you, you are the first to cry for "proof." Even though you won't accept anything as proof unless it agrees with you.

I know the boards are roughly 50/50 so it isn't like either side with change their minds, but at least for me, you have gone from someone who i thought had some rational thought to someone who is just as close minded and bias as you accuse everyone else of being.

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
So if I tell the truth that makes me racists but people can post all type of racially suggestive posts on here and that's ok?

No, posting your version of the truth and calling someone a racist term does. You don't know anything about the people that you speak of yet you spout of typical left wing crap. Cain is someone you should look up to. A former liberal who bettered himself and did a great job in business.
Instead you look up to a guy that has been tied to marxist political groups and american terrorists and has one agenda for social justice and the destruction of this country.......

sanfran22
09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Link please.

Not that it matters but here's 5%
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups

Also, a generic republican leads obama by 3%. A GENERIC REPUBLICAN...... That means anyone but obama......

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Link please.

Sorry, it's 5 points:

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/rasmussen-poll-cain-leading/2011/09/28/id/412627

I also found this relevant:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/28/cain-black-community-brainwashed-into-voting-for-dems/

Star_Cards
09-29-2011, 05:33 PM
yeah, I don't think the tea party was a reaction to Obama.

AUTaxMan
09-29-2011, 05:35 PM
And like that...he's gone.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Is this the best you can come up with ..wow...How come you never answer the questions with a repsectable answer without resulting to name calling . San Fran you are right , shows were he stands on the subject of race ...

duane1969
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
4 pages in and still not a figment of evidence that the Tea Party is racist.

I have provided racist quotes from both the Democratic party leaders and NAACP leaders and that has either been outright ignored or shrugged off as irrelevant. Yet in spite of not a shred of evidence existing as proof that the Tea Party is racist you still label them as such and ignore any possible option otherwise.

mrveggieman, I am just going to lump you in with GBM as one of those people who is so blinded by your own hate that you have lost the ability to be logical. Your comment calling black Tea Party members Uncle Tom's simply because they are supported by whites is the most racist comment I have ever seen in the P&R area. You need to deal with your own issues of racial hate before you point a factless finger at an entire political party.

I am finished with this subject. You are going to believe whatever you want to believe regardless of the facts (or lack of facts). There is no point in wasting any more time on the subject.

#1 Broncos Fan
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM
I am starting to think that there is no reasonable proof that the Tea Party is Racist, they severed ties with the group for that and for you to call the Tea Party racist you have no solid proof.....Answer me this its ok for the NAACP to be for only one race the Blacks, but if a white person wanted to form an all white group or program for all whites it would be labled racist and I guarantee they would have numerous law suits filed against them for not allowing blacks, asians, hispanics etc.......Here is an article for you to read....

http://www.mediaite.com/online/why-cant-the-congressional-black-caucus-be-more-like-the-tea-party/

mrveggieman
09-30-2011, 09:09 AM
And like that...he's gone.

Mabey because I leave work at 4:30. :winking0071:

mrveggieman
09-30-2011, 09:16 AM
it's official. you have lost any sense of logic or common sense. Your posts today in multiple threads have shown your true colors I am sorry to say. You constantly rail against rich white christians, fox news, and anything that is even 1 degree to the right all the while defending al jazira as a credible news source, the naacp as a good organization that does no wrong, and establishing that racism is ok as long as it isn't directed toward blacks. You never address any points made by anyone. You simply try to flip it around and attack right back instead of addressing anything that doesn't fit with your narrow view of the world. If something doesn't fit your view, it is automatically a bias source. Half your posts are mind reader mumbo jumbo claiming "we all know what they are really thinking" and yet if someone disagrees with you, you are the first to cry for "proof." Even though you won't accept anything as proof unless it agrees with you.

I know the boards are roughly 50/50 so it isn't like either side with change their minds, but at least for me, you have gone from someone who i thought had some rational thought to someone who is just as close minded and bias as you accuse everyone else of being.

I have never once said that the naacp is a perfect organization nor did I suggest that racism directed towards anyone is ok. I'm just calling ya'll out there for downing a group that tries to help minorities but supporting a group that only has the intrests of the elite at heart. Like it has been on here this thread is getting old and no one on here is going to change their mind so I'm looking forward to the next discussion.

@Sanfran22 I will look up to herman cain the day you start looking up to president obama. :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM
I have never once said that the naacp is a perfect organization nor did I suggest that racism directed towards anyone is ok. I'm just calling ya'll out there for downing a group that tries to help minorities but supporting a group that only has the intrests of the elite at heart. Like it has been on here this thread is getting old and no one on here is going to change their mind so I'm looking forward to the next discussion.

@Sanfran22 I will look up to herman cain the day you start looking up to president obama. :winking0071:

I am going to go out on a limb and estimate that sanfran knows twice as much about Obama as you. The fact is that you will never look into supporting anyone other than whom the black political machine tells you to support, probably because you don't want to be labeled an uncle tom by your peers. Just calling it like I see it.

Star_Cards
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM

I assume the wink is implying that you are joking, but using the term Uncle Tom is rather offensive.

mrveggieman
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and estimate that sanfran knows twice as much about Obama as you. The fact is that you will never look into supporting anyone other than whom the black political machine tells you to support, probably because you don't want to be labeled an uncle tom by your peers. Just calling it like I see it.

If I only supported the black canidates wouldn't it make sense for me to support herman cain since he has both a black mother and a black father? Please come correct before you come at me with something stupid like that.

ensbergcollector
09-30-2011, 12:40 PM
If I only supported the black canidates wouldn't it make sense for me to support herman cain since he has both a black mother and a black father? Please come correct before you come at me with something stupid like that.

you are the guy who called him an uncle tom since whites like him so now, i don't think you would support him. And I'm sorry, but no one can post something as stupid as you calling him an uncle tom while accusing others of racism.

sanfran22
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM

The black political machine doesn't support cain does it?

mrveggieman
09-30-2011, 12:44 PM
The black political machine doesn't support cain does it?

Along with any non black person with an ounce of common sense. :winking0071:

sanfran22
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Along with any non black person with an ounce of common sense. :winking0071:

You really are hopeless and I thank you for finally proving that to everyone...

mrveggieman
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
you are the guy who called him an uncle tom since whites like him so now, i don't think you would support him. And I'm sorry, but no one can post something as stupid as you calling him an uncle tom while accusing others of racism.

Last time I checked there were some white people who also liked president obama too otherwise there would have been no way he would have been elected. So I guess that you think that I think that president obama is an uncle tom too?

mrveggieman
09-30-2011, 12:47 PM
You really are hopeless and I thank you for finally proving that to everyone...

And this is coming from someone who supported bush who helped lead us into the mess that we are in now but refuses to support the president who is getting us out of this mess? You my good friend are the one who is hopeless. It is still always good to chat with you on here. :winking0071:

ensbergcollector
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Last time I checked there were some white people who also liked president obama too otherwise there would have been no way he would have been elected. So I guess that you think that I think that president obama is an uncle tom too?

ok, here is your chance. feel free to support and validate your use of a horribly racism term. how is cain an uncle tom?

sanfran22
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
And this is coming from someone who supported bush who helped lead us into the mess that we are in now but refuses to support the president who is getting us out of this mess? You my good friend are the one who is hopeless. It is still always good to chat with you on here. :winking0071:

I'd like to hear how he's getting us out of this mess. Are you better today then under Bush? Have you bought food, gas, clothing ect? How's the ol' portfolio doing? Lmk how those price out to when "Bush was leading us into the mess". There is blame all around, Clinton, Bush, Obama, congress..... But from what I can see, Obama is not fixing the problem, he's adding to it 5 fold and creating new problems .....

duane1969
09-30-2011, 01:16 PM

This mess started way before Bush took office and Obama hasn't done anything to fix it.

duane1969
09-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd like to hear how he's getting us out of this mess. Are you better today then under Bush? Have you bought food, gas, clothing ect? How's the ol' portfolio doing? Lmk how those price out to when "Bush was leading us into the mess". There is blame all around, Clinton, Bush, Obama, congress..... But from what I can see, Obama is not fixing the problem, he's adding to it 5 fold and creating new problems .....

Actually we aren't even better this year under Obama than we were under him last year. I heard a report on the radio this morning that the national average for gas at this time last year was $2.74 and the national average today is $3.59.

Wasn't he supposed to fix the gas price/crisis issue too?

sanfran22
09-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Actually we aren't even better this year under Obama than we were under him last year. I heard a report on the radio this morning that the national average for gas at this time last year was $2.74 and the national average today is $3.59.

Wasn't he supposed to fix the gas price/crisis issue too?

It looks like it's going to get worse sadly. I can list a million things in the grocery store that last year were a lot less....On a side note, Bachmann will get us back to 1.70 gas, lol.....:party0048:

duane1969
09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
It looks like it's going to get worse sadly. I can list a million things in the grocery store that last year were a lot less....On a side note, Bachmann will get us back to 1.70 gas, lol.....:party0048:

Yeah right :rolleyes:

sanfran22
09-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah right :rolleyes:

Well I see how she could possibly do it, but it's not something I would be promising,lol.

#1 Broncos Fan
09-30-2011, 10:27 PM
FYI I voted for Obama and I am democrat but that doesn't mean I approve of what he is doing, I vote for who ever I think is going to do a good job for the people not necessarily the party. And this far Obama has done little but I still support the Democratic party, but personaly I wish we still had the first party the Fedralist Party the very first party and I believe in lesser government and more for States governing themselves......Every party has its faults but to say the Tea Party is racsit is pure ignorance no matter what party you belong to.......

lloydr04
10-03-2011, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Star_Cards;10459554]I assume the wink is implying that you are joking, but using the term Uncle Tom is rather offensive.[QUOTE]

Nvm :smash: