PDA

View Full Version : Anwar al-Awlaqi killed in Yemen

pghin08
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
For the second time this year, US forces killed the most dangerous man in the world (at least, I think al-Awlaqi was the most dangerous man after OBL's murder). For a US citizen to do the damage that he's done, and for him to have been on the lam for so long, he had this coming in a big way.

duane1969
09-30-2011, 09:57 AM
He earned what he got. It is just unfortunate that he wasn't taken out earlier.

sanfran22
09-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Keep it coming....one at a time.

AUTaxMan
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Good. I hope we kill lots more of them.

pghin08
09-30-2011, 10:01 AM
He was two-faced. That's about the only adjective that I can use that won't get me banned from SCF.

duane1969
09-30-2011, 11:14 AM
He was two-faced. That's about the only adjective that I can use that won't get me banned from SCF.

His truck took a direct hit from a missile fired from a drone. I bet he has more than two now.

That was crass but I don't care. He got what he deserved. The world is a better, safer place with him gone.

pghin08
09-30-2011, 11:16 AM
His truck took a direct hit from a missile fired from a drone. I bet he has more than two now.

That was crass but I don't care. He got what he deserved. The world is a better, safer place with him gone.

That's just funny.

Star_Cards
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
RIP. He will be missed. lol

INTIMADATOR2007
09-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I am glad this scumbag is gone , But I have to agree with Ron Paul on this one ..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLERIC_KILLED_RON_PAUL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-30-10-34-45

Paul, a Texas congressman known for libertarian views, says the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki on Yemeni soil amounts to an "assassination." Paul warned the American people not to casually accept such violence against U.S. citizens, even those with strong ties to terrorism

duwal
09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I am glad this scumbag is gone , But I have to agree with Ron Paul on this one ..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CLERIC_KILLED_RON_PAUL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-30-10-34-45

Paul, a Texas congressman known for libertarian views, says the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki on Yemeni soil amounts to an "assassination." Paul warned the American people not to casually accept such violence against U.S. citizens, even those with strong ties to terrorism

not at all, they need to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. If someone wants to do harm to America and our way of life I wouldn't put a lighter action on someone just because they were born here. If anything that makes them worse, they live here and see how much better the U.S. still is over just about every country and still want to attempt to do harm

NyFanCam01
09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
let's get rid of all of these people....

pghin08
10-01-2011, 03:46 AM

So you would be against the death penalty for US citizens?

andrewhoya
10-01-2011, 08:07 AM

No, but I don't casually accept it, which is what Paul said.

INTIMADATOR2007
10-01-2011, 11:39 AM
No I'm not against the death penalty , I support it %100 , with knowing those that are being put to death had a fair and proper trail .

theonedru
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
not at all, they need to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. If someone wants to do harm to America and our way of life I wouldn't put a lighter action on someone just because they were born here. If anything that makes them worse, they live here and see how much better the U.S. still is over just about every country and still want to attempt to do harm

We are doing a perfectly good job of destroying America by our self, we don't need outside assistance.

Hilfiger1975
10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
we are doing a perfectly good job of destroying america by our self, we don't need outside assistance.
+1

duane1969
10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
A) This guy was not a citizen, regardless of what Ron Paul says. Yes, he was born here and grew up here and even lived here until 10 years ago, but it ends there. He was not American, he did not support his country or government, he denounced everything not extreme Islam, he plotted to kill fellow "citizens" of his country...not a citizen in my book.

Furthermore, the liberal press is beginning to introduce the idea that he was a harrassed man becase he was a Muslim. The seed is also being planted that post-9/11 anti-Islamic sentiment is why he moved to Europe and eventually Yemen and became an extremist. In fact he was under the microscope of the Fed government because he had falsified documents to receive free funding to go to college and he had been in contact with several of the 9/11 perpetrators prior to 9/11. All his own actions and fault.

B) According to what I read, this was a joint action between the US and Yemen. So it wasn't a covert attack conducted outside of normal parameters. The US military was receiving reports and intel from Yemeni sources. The implication that this was some sort of covert Black-Ops action is incorrect.

C) Why give this guy the respect of a trial and then prison, all costing taxpayers millions of dollars? His entire life for the last decade was illuminated by the muzzle flash of extremism. He died the way he deserved. He died the way he would have wanted to. I lament nothing that my government has done.

sanfran22
10-01-2011, 07:21 PM
A) This guy was not a citizen, regardless of what Ron Paul says. Yes, he was born here and grew up here and even lived here until 10 years ago, but it ends there. He was not American, he did not support his country or government, he denounced everything not extreme Islam, he plotted to kill fellow "citizens" of his country...not a citizen in my book.

Furthermore, the liberal press is beginning to introduce the idea that he was a harrassed man becase he was a Muslim. The seed is also being planted that post-9/11 anti-Islamic sentiment is why he moved to Europe and eventually Yemen and became an extremist. In fact he was under the microscope of the Fed government because he had falsified documents to receive free funding to go to college and he had been in contact with several of the 9/11 perpetrators prior to 9/11. All his own actions and fault.

B) According to what I read, this was a joint action between the US and Yemen. So it wasn't a covert attack conducted outside of normal parameters. The US military was receiving reports and intel from Yemeni sources. The implication that this was some sort of covert Black-Ops action is incorrect.

C) Why give this guy the respect of a trial and then prison, all costing taxpayers millions of dollars? His entire life for the last decade was illuminated by the muzzle flash of extremism. He died the way he deserved. He died the way he would have wanted to. I lament nothing that my government has done.
I am with you 100%. This is also one of the many issues I have with Ron Paul.

andrewhoya
10-01-2011, 07:30 PM

not every person in this country supports the government or the country... There are people with strong views wjo denounce everything that doesn't side with their ideas... And there are thousands of murderers out there. Are none of these people citizens, either?

But you did say this :
plotted to kill fellow "citizens" of his country...

Doesn't this contradict everything else you said?

duane1969
10-01-2011, 07:41 PM
not every person in this country supports the government or the country... There are people with strong views wjo denounce everything that doesn't side with their ideas... And there are thousands of murderers out there. Are none of these people citizens, either?

I think that he went a little farther than just not supporting the government (perhaps I should have worded that better). He actively plotted the demise of the US government and put his ideas into action by prosteliting hundreds if not thousands to his cause. He is known to have been in contact with the 9/11 attackers, the Fort Hood shooter, the Christmas Day bomber and helped train al Queda members.

Also he went a little further than just killing someone. Terrorist actions meant to kill hundreds or thousands and stabbing a hooker in a back alley are two entirely different things. His goal was not to take life, it was to change society and strike fear in the hearts of millions. For him killing was nothing more than a means to an end and not a goal itself.

But you did say this :

Doesn't this contradict everything else you said?

I was speaking in the context of if he was a citizen then he was plotting to kill his fellow citizens and thus deserves no respect as a citizen. I was not qualifying him as a citizen.

andrewhoya
10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I think that he went a little farther than just not supporting the government (perhaps I should have worded that better). He actively plotted the demise of the US government and put his ideas into action by prosteliting hundreds if not thousands to his cause. He is known to have been in contact with the 9/11 attackers, the Fort Hood shooter, the Christmas Day bomber and helped train al Queda members.

Also he went a little further than just killing someone. Terrorist actions meant to kill hundreds or thousands and stabbing a hooker in a back alley are two entirely different things. His goal was not to take life, it was to change society and strike fear in the hearts of millions. For him killing was nothing more than a means to an end and not a goal itself.

I was speaking in the context of if he was a citizen then he was plotting to kill his fellow citizens and thus deserves no respect as a citizen. I was not qualifying him as a citizen.

Was just playing devils advocate. Although I still think he was a citizen.

duane1969
10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Was just playing devils advocate. Although I still think he was a citizen.

I understand. Legally, he was a citizen. However, while citizenship gives the individual certain rights it also requires certain responsibilities. Citizenship is not a one-way street.

andrewhoya
10-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Citizenahip is not a one-way street.

If only everyone realized that.

pghin08
10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I understand. Legally, he was a citizen. However, while citizenship gives the individual certain rights it also requires certain responsibilities. Citizenship is not a one-way street.

I'm giving you audible applause for this comment. People in my office are beginning to look.