PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion Thread

mikesilvia
10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Any fans? Some sneak peak photos here (http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-torn-apart-webisode-photos/hannah-kids.php). Season 2 starts on 16 October!

Insane Irish
10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Can't wait....such a great show, even the wife and kid got hooked.
A buddy of mine at work grew up with Jon Bernthal, the dude who plays Shane Walsh (the other deputy) He had him on the phone one day, shooting the $hit with him about the show, and where they were shooting....it was pretty cool. No inside scoop though!!

Star_Cards
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Can't wait!!! I just hope this season has way more zombie interactions. I'm guessing it will since they will start off in the city. I'm so glad that this show is on a cable network so it has a better chance of running a few more seasons than if it were on the major four.

angel0430
10-04-2011, 03:01 PM
I started watching the first season but could not finish it...waiting on the re-runs to catch up. Definitely a good show

Hilfiger1975
10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I'll be there with bells on watching it...

mikesilvia
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Did you guys read the comic books? If not get them! The series went away from the comics a bit (there is no CDC in the comics) but it did stay true to most of the comics. If the TV series gets back on the comic book track it will be an awesome season.

Also, there is a Walking Dead novel coming out next week: http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Rise-Governor/dp/0312547730/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317771789&sr=8-1

avstars
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Did you guys read the comic books? If not get them! The series went away from the comics a bit (there is no CDC in the comics) but it did stay true to most of the comics. If the TV series gets back on the comic book track it will be an awesome season.

Also, there is a Walking Dead novel coming out next week: http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Rise-Governor/dp/0312547730/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317771789&sr=8-1

Best show on TV. For the most part, they were faithful to the comics. Based on the trailer, it looks like they will follow Volumn 2 of the comics to begin the season. If they do follow the plot of vol 2 for this coming season, there's gonna be some pretty good stuff coming.

BaronMynd
10-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I rarely watch TV shows like this but recently I downloaded this and I must say,
It's by far one of the best shows I've seen in years!
Last time a show was this good to me was First season of Prison Break.

hossa18sens
10-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Great show. Just watched the first season on Line.

I agree Mike, if the show runs the way of the comic (one of the best series I have read) it should be a fantastic year.

avstars
10-23-2011, 10:34 AM
The permiere was a little bit dragging, but it was still good. I love how the first scene opens with cues hitting the main theme and then play the main theme, reminding us we're back in this world. And it looks like they will be following vol 2's plot from the comics.

avstars
10-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Nice to see them expanding the plot from the comics. I'm enjoying this season thus far.

avstars
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Love where they're taking Shane's character this season. Could lead to something big in the end.

theonedru
11-12-2011, 08:00 PM
After the massive gaff in the final episode of season 1 I just cannot find myself able to watch season 2. If you don't know what I am referring to then you have to watch and really pay attention to season 1.

OBOMBA
11-18-2011, 11:21 PM
this is one of the best shows i have ever seen, the acting is so good. i think they need more action but its still a really good watch

oilfan10
11-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Love the show. I just started watching the show and caught up to the last episode today. Without a doubt, my favorite character is Daryl. The writers are doing a great job expanding his character, especially since he's an original character for the TV series.

The episode this Sunday should be pretty interesting with the new developments from the farm.

Star_Cards
11-20-2011, 10:51 PM
THey played the previews up last week like they'd have some action with the barn walkers, but completely whiffed. I guess that's next week. I really like the show and the character development, but it's just so slow. This weeks episode could have hit all of the plot lines and still showed some more zombies. I get that it's not just a zombie show, but there have been some episodes that are mostly void of zombies. surely there's a happy medium they can find.

mikesilvia
11-21-2011, 10:57 AM
THey played the previews up last week like they'd have some action with the barn walkers, but completely whiffed. I guess that's next week. I really like the show and the character development, but it's just so slow. This weeks episode could have hit all of the plot lines and still showed some more zombies. I get that it's not just a zombie show, but there have been some episodes that are mostly void of zombies. surely there's a happy medium they can find.

This is because Hollywood is filled with greedy fools. I read in a few places that they cut the budget and one of the original writers left. The greedy idiots take an award winning, high viewership show and decide, "hey let's cut the budget. People will still watch a lesser show and we can make more money."

How about maintain the same budget and put out an even better show?

In my view, the show is good but lost a lot of potential when the funds dwindled. It's obvious that they are doing so much character development because it is more expensive to have zombie action.

Searching for a girl in the woods for 4 episodes? Saving boys life for two episodes? It's painfully obvious that they are milking each episode.

Star_Cards
11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
doesn't make sense to me either, but I find myself losing interest more and more each week. I think the great parts of the show are so great, it makes me sit and wait for more, at this point. Hopefully it gets faster.

superpieman
11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
i really like daryl as well. im glad to see where the writers are taking his character and showing him trying to distance himself from who his brother was. shane is becoming more and more of a jerk every episode. gotta wonder if hes going to leave the group or if he sticks around for awhile. any guesses?

duwal
11-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I actually like the slower pace of the show. It would get too repetitive if they kept getting attacked. There is greater suspense when you're not sure when or if they will strike

superpieman
11-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I actually like the lower pace of the show. It would get too repetitive if they kept getting attacked. There is greater suspense when you're not sure when or if they will strike

i do kind of agree with you on that. while i like huge zombie battles as much as anyone i do feel like i would eventually get burned out if it was just 60 minutes of massive battles every week. besides we have resident evil if we want to see massive zombie battles non stop. this show definatly keeps you on your toes and i like it.

MacInnisCollector
11-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Great show, I can forsee Shane taking a bite one way or another, probably to save the kid in an attempt to redeem himself.
Anybody wonder if the father and son from the first season (the ones that Rick talks to on the two-way) will return to the show?
Again, great show, but we need a twist to keep it exciting.

oilfan10
11-23-2011, 11:09 PM
It's not really from The Walking Dead, but I thought this was pretty funny and appropriate, especially since Andrea keeps wasting ammo because of her independence issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLHw1oaPcEU

(Any Chuck fans?)

avstars
11-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Love the development of Shane and Daryl this season. I agree the pace of the show is just fine.

oilfan10
11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow. That was...wow.

Star_Cards
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
great episode. the slaughter was awesome to say the least. while the past few episode have been a little slow this one delivered.

I get what some have said about 60 minutes of zombie battles getting old, but they need a happy medium. even with the lack of zombies in some of the recent episodes the story could have been a bit quicker paced. very interesting that sophia was in the barn. I honestly didn't see that coming at all. very well done. sad but rather realistic had a young child was out in the wild on her own like that.

superpieman
11-27-2011, 10:33 PM
quite the ending, did not see it going down like that. shane disgusts me as much as any tv character possibly could. after what he pulled at the end of that episode rick should have shot him in the head. herschel offered to let them all stay there if he listened and as usual shane decided that regardless he knows best and directly went against his main wish. sophia in the barn as star cards said was a twist that i did not see coming at all. cant wait till febuary

oilfan10
11-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I didn't expect to see Sophia come out of the barn either, but Star_Cards is right there's no way she could have survived on her own, she's not Daryl. In a way, we should have seen it coming, but I still didn't. Those last ten minutes were very heartbreaking.

superpieman
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
i agree she probably couldnt have survived on her own. but who remembers that scene at the very beggining of the pilot episode where rick shoots the little zombie girl? the very first scene even before it shows him getting shot. after seeing sophia go missing and not get found i thought that maybe that scene was a flash forward to rick finding her. those last 10 minutes agreed were tough. they really affirmed my hate for shane. i really like shane alot when the show started but i hate him now.

oilfan10
11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Alright, anyone who has read the comics, if I were to read them, would it spoil the story? I know they've deviated from the comics quite a bit, but I don't want the suspense of the show to be ruined if I picked up the books.

And if anyone is interested...The Walking Dead trading cards!
http://www.cryptozoic.com/tradingcards/walking-dead-trading-cards

I need a Norman Reedus autograph.

duwal
11-28-2011, 03:28 AM
In my view, the show is good but lost a lot of potential when the funds dwindled. It's obvious that they are doing so much character development because it is more expensive to have zombie action.

Searching for a girl in the woods for 4 episodes? Saving boys life for two episodes? It's painfully obvious that they are milking each episode.

Now you see why much of the first half of this season was centered around searching for Sophia. I say hats off to the writers and producers. It was an epic scene, one that makes you put your hand to your mouth, even if it was just the massacre of the barn walkers but then for them to add that in at the end was just an incredible episode!

OBOMBA
11-28-2011, 03:28 AM
wow the barn scene was such a major surprise i bet no one i mean NO ONEE saw that coming. truly an unexpected moment for the show

this is the only show where i cant wait to see what happens next week

duwal
11-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Alright, anyone who has read the comics, if I were to read them, would it spoil the story? I know they've deviated from the comics quite a bit, but I don't want the suspense of the show to be ruined if I picked up the books.

And if anyone is interested...The Walking Dead trading cards!
http://www.cryptozoic.com/tradingcards/walking-dead-trading-cards

I need a Norman Reedus autograph.

wait until you see the sketch cards from the Walking Dead product. They're going to look so amazing

BGT Masters
11-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately I saw it coming, they showed the girl as a walker in a commercial clip during the show but before the scene had taken place. I hate when they do that. I'm really looking forwards to the second half in February, sometimes the walker action does get a little thin but I don't mind them adding more depth into the characters themselves.

Star_Cards
11-30-2011, 09:37 AM
I missed the commercial clip so it was a surprise top me until they drew back into the barn before she came out. I found it interesting that herschel seemed to sort of give in and realized that they were really dead and couldn't be saved. I think he really knew needed to be done and let them do something he couldn't bring himself to do being a doctor and having relationships with some of those captured walkers. It will be interesting if he embraces the group now or if he still makes them leave.

Triple Peanut
11-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately I saw it coming, they showed the girl as a walker in a commercial clip during the show but before the scene had taken place. I hate when they do that.

this is a big peeve of mine, especially with zombie movies. alot of times the cover will show one of the main characters as a zombie :P

203gunner
11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
This show is awesome. Even my wife loves it and she hates zombie flicks. The character development is superb. I'm hoping they show a little more of what happened during the outbreak. I am so disappointed this show is on break until February but I'll deal with it by watching Season 1 again. Hopefully, we see a little more zombie action in the future, not overkill, but a little more. I don't normally collect tv show cards but I will be buying these, especially for TTM autographs. I've seen some of the cast signing through the mail.

BGT Masters
11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
I missed the commercial clip so it was a surprise top me until they drew back into the barn before she came out. I found it interesting that herschel seemed to sort of give in and realized that they were really dead and couldn't be saved. I think he really knew needed to be done and let them do something he couldn't bring himself to do being a doctor and having relationships with some of those captured walkers. It will be interesting if he embraces the group now or if he still makes them leave.

I had actually forgot about seeing the girl in the commercial as a walker, but as soon as they mowed down the walkers from the barn, and went for a clip of something inside the barn I knew right away and it just ruined it. I had forgot he was a doctor, a vet wasn't it?

Thats exactly what I thought, you could see maybe a sense of relief in him when they did something he couldn't. . The thing I liked was how roles were immediately reversed and how the group felt when they had to kill the girl right after shooting all Hershel's family/friends. I think a bond between the two groups was made at that point.

duwal
12-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately I saw it coming, they showed the girl as a walker in a commercial clip during the show but before the scene had taken place. I hate when they do that. I'm really looking forwards to the second half in February, sometimes the walker action does get a little thin but I don't mind them adding more depth into the characters themselves.

at first when they had her walk out all I thought was oh shoot, its a little kid. I didn't even make the connection that it was going to be the girl

avstars
12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Yea the last 5 minutes totally made the first half of this season worth while. Unless you had spoilers, no one saw that coming, even if you read the comics.

BGT Masters
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
I've never read the comics so as long as I learn to not watch the commercials this all should be new to me. I am curious though are they pretty much sticking to the same story line as the comics or have they been venturing off track a bit?

avstars
12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I've never read the comics so as long as I learn to not watch the commercials this all should be new to me. I am curious though are they pretty much sticking to the same story line as the comics or have they been venturing off track a bit?

The overall plot is the same.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO READ VOLUME ONE AND TWO

Volume one takes place in Atlanta. The scene where Rick and Glen cover themselves with zombie blood is straight from the comics. Andrea's sister getting bitten was from the comics. Rick's horse does get eaten by zombies, but the tank wasn't part of the comics. Glen does rescue Rick in Atlanta as seen in the premiere. The season finale that took place at CPU wasn't in the comics. And Daryl isn't even a character in the comics.

Volume two takes place in the farm. Hershel does have zombies in the farm. Glen does make out with that girl. Rick's son does get shot. Lori does get pregnant with Rick/Shane's son. But the little girl getting lost and what happened at the last minute of the mid-season finale wasn't in the comics.

It's really more faithful to the source material than any other I have seen. They pretty much take the overall plot and expand it. There are also more characterization in the TV Show.

oilfan10
02-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Show starts again on Sunday. Anyone else excited?

Hilfiger1975
02-07-2012, 01:10 AM
show starts again on sunday. Anyone else excited?

e-x-c-i-t-e-d...

Oxxon
02-07-2012, 03:38 AM
I am!

I missed the airing of the first season but caught all of it while they had a marathon going one day.

Great show.

superpieman
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
im pretty pumped for the return.

sportscardrage
02-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Anyone see the mini-trailer for the second half of season 2? It looks, at least from my POV, that of course more people die. :)

oilfan10
02-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Stuff looks to be unraveling for the group pretty quickly right now. Oh, and Rick?

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-2-episode-photos/episode-8-rick-dave.php

*ONLY CLICK LINK IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE EPISODE*

Star_Cards
02-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Last nights episode was pretty good. The scene at the bar was pretty awesome. Of course I would have loved to see more zombies, but still a good episode.

Insane Irish
02-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Rick finally grows some cojones!!!

superpieman
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM
pretty intense first episode. kinda disappointing to see darryl turn away from everyone again.

oilfan10
02-20-2012, 03:38 AM
I thought that was a pretty great episode, and the first half especially had me shaking. Herschel has realized what the world has become and is showing a colder side to himself. The next episode should be interesting with Lori's Lady Macbeth act to Rick.

superpieman
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
I thought that was a pretty great episode, and the first half especially had me shaking. Herschel has realized what the world has become and is showing a colder side to himself. The next episode should be interesting with Lori's Lady Macbeth act to Rick.

it was a great episode no doubt. i was kind of dissapointed to see everyone starting to shift more towards being like shane. im dying to find out what happend to lori as well in that car accident. it amused me alittle that she bothered to swerve when she saw the walker.

oilfan10
02-28-2012, 08:49 PM
I almost thought Shane was going to bite the bullet last episode. I didn't think was going to leave him initially, but he had such a cold look on his face. The mention of the walkers with no bites is very interesting. Maybe an indication of the disease being airborne?

superpieman
02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
I was happy to see rick beat the tar out of shane and finally put shane in his place and take control of the group. shane needed to be put in his place before he really hurt someone.

Insane Irish
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Shane may have issues....but I'd want him on my side. This ain't a land filled with Unicorns and rainbows!! Think about it....if it wasn't for him they would still be out searching for a dead girl! Rick has been too much of a puss, but is finally man-ing up!!

sportscardrage
02-28-2012, 09:37 PM
I'd rather be behind Rick than Shane. If Shane had it his way it would be an entire Lord of the Flies atmosphere. Eventually it would just be down to one person if they always listened to Shane. Sure the world of TWD is one where you can't be always wallowing in self pity but its not a world where you react with the quickest way out of a predicament.

BGT Masters
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Shane may have issues....but I'd want him on my side. This ain't a land filled with Unicorns and rainbows!! Think about it....if it wasn't for him they would still be out searching for a dead girl! Rick has been too much of a puss, but is finally man-ing up!!

Yeah, I'd really want to be on Shane's side too, if I want someone to put a bullet in me so he can save his own sorry butt. ;) :sign0020:

superpieman
02-29-2012, 07:57 AM
shanes a good person to have on your side when hes level headed. but he was becoming dangerously insane and needed to be put in his place. i would much rather have rick as a leader then shane.

superpieman
02-29-2012, 08:21 AM
the way i look at it is they just ran into a group of people that are just like shane. all they were looking to do was kill Rick Herschel and Glenn to help themselves rather then trying to work...

Insane Irish
02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
You guys have some valid points, but I don't think Shane is that sinister. He doesn't want to blow everybody away. I wouldn't have wanted to save that kid that injured himself on the fence either..... He would have been zombie food!! Dude pops rounds at u and u wanna save his life, risking your own, and your family's safety too. I don't think so. But who saves him.....?? That kid is gonna be a major headache....and all they had to do was drive away. Also, one question....should Shane have just let the walkers kill both himself and Otis?
Then Rick's kid would have died too! It was a terrible thing to do, but it kinda had to be done. Neither of them would have made it back from the school if the shooting incident didn't take place. No chance they were getting out of there alive.
Rick and Shane need each other, because they are both on opposites of the spectrum...one is a wuss, the other is a little pyscho.... Neither of them are perfect, but without both of them this group wouldnt last very long.

BGT Masters
02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
You guys have some valid points, but I don't think Shane is that sinister. He doesn't want to blow everybody away. I wouldn't have wanted to save that kid that injured himself on the fence either..... He would have been zombie food!! Dude pops rounds at u and u wanna save his life, risking your own, and your family's safety too. I don't think so. But who saves him.....?? That kid is gonna be a major headache....and all they had to do was drive away. Also, one question....should Shane have just let the walkers kill both himself and Otis?
Then Rick's kid would have died too! It was a terrible thing to do, but it kinda had to be done. Neither of them would have made it back from the school if the shooting incident didn't take place. No chance they were getting out of there alive.
Rick and Shane need each other, because they are both on opposites of the spectrum...one is a wuss, the other is a little pyscho.... Neither of them are perfect, but without both of them this group wouldnt last very long.

He seems like he wants to blow everyone away to me. If Rick wasn't there I am sure he would have shot Hershel by now, he would have killed Dale by now, and he wanted to put a bullet in the kid's head as well already. Personally for all we know the other group they ran into was just like them. Lets say Glen was out getting supplied and they ran into the other group.

If the other group killed him, I am pretty sure Rick and Shane along with the others would have opened fire on the other group as well. I say give the kid a chance. No point in taking him with you to save his life just to kill him. I think you don't give Rick enough credit calling him a wuss and calling Shane a little pyscho is a bit generous. Personally I didn't think killing Otis was a necessary evil. I think Shane just did it to ensure it was him who made it out. If anyone is a coward its Shane, only a coward would have done something like that and its something a true leader never would have done.

superpieman
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
i think calling rick a wuss is way off. I think the fact that hes trying to maintain a little order in a chaotic world rather then cave to shanes way of being a barbarian shows how much of a leader he truly is. everyone respects him much more then shane because of it

sportscardrage
02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't believe there is any way to say that Rick doesn't have some major guts in him. Rick has had to do some crazy stuff and there is no way you can label him as a wuss. When it came down to it there was only one person to step up and put a bullet in Sophia. Even Shane himself just stood there not knowing what to do. The fact is Shane says they should have left Sophia behind, but yet he couldn't man up and kill Sophia in the process.

I'm not saying Shane is the best answer for a leader, and Rick isn't always. As a whole Rick and Shane do need each other, and the group needs both of them. Rick and Shane are like a perfect "ying-yang" thing where they might butt heads a lot but the fact of the matter is they level each other's influence out.

But besides that....what about the suicide thing? Who would have the mindset that Beth had? I mean would it seem that terrible of an idea if it meant you avoided one day becoming being possibly ripped to threads by a zombie?

Insane Irish
02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Well, I am only calling him a wuss because he was such a badda$$ in the comics..... Basically the TV version of Shane = the comic book version of Rick.
I do like how is is finally showing some cojones, by shooting Sophia and taking care of the dudes in the bar.
I'm just saying most of them would be dead without Shane!!

BGT Masters
02-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Well, I am only calling him a wuss because he was such a badda$$ in the comics..... Basically the TV version of Shane = the comic book version of Rick.
I do like how is is finally showing some cojones, by shooting Sophia and taking care of the dudes in the bar.
I'm just saying most of them would be dead without Shane!!

And half of them would be dead without Rick because Shane would have killed them by now. ;)

sportscardrage
02-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Actually if you think about it wouldn't most of them be dead by now without Rick since he did bring the bag full of guns.........

shrewsbury
02-29-2012, 11:29 PM
rick no doubt can hold his own, and as we seen in the last episode he can hold his own with shane in a fist fight. <br />
<br />
but they both are needed for the balance to survive. shane should be in charge of...

oilfan10
03-04-2012, 11:32 PM
So Mr. Carl Grimes...care to explain yourself?

BGT Masters
03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Very disappointed in Carl and what his actions lead to.

oilfan10
03-05-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that Daryl has only had a minimal role in the second half of the season, but Norman Reedus kills every scene he has been in. You can see how that tough exterior he has been putting up for the group after Sophia's death is just a front, and that her death has affected him a lot and he really does care about the group. His conversations with Carol and Dale lately show that he has been trying to mask his pain with anger. And at the last scene...Reedus did a great job with it.

I can't continue without having spoilers, but the show needs more Daryl!

sportscardrage
03-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Tonight's episode showed me two things that I guess really wasn't at the forefront of the episode. The first thing when Shane took Carl out of the first shed. The way he was talking to him with his words and how he wouldn't look at him when he scolded Carl to me it showed that he really, really cares for Carl more than he's actually leading on and it really is eating at him to back off on him and Lori.

Also Randall clearly is not telling the entire story. The story he told Rick it obviously to me was him it wasn't the other people in his group. I think Randall causes more chaos by the end of the season than has happened in the past two episodes, a lot more.

oilfan10
03-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Also Randall clearly is not telling the entire story. The story he told Rick it obviously to me was him it wasn't the other people in his group. I think Randall causes more chaos by the end of the season than has happened in the past two episodes, a lot more.

I wouldn't quite say it was only Randall, and not the other members of his group, but I do agree that he was involved. We all saw how aggressively he killed that walker last week. He is definitely capable of doing some pretty evil things.

superpieman
03-05-2012, 06:43 AM
wow that ending threw me for a loop. i think we all knew that walker was going to come back and cause a problem when it got loose but i didn't see that ending coming at all. i cant wait to see how the group acts now that its main voice of reason is dead.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Very disappointed in Carl and what his actions lead to.

I actually think the scene with carl and the zombie was pretty spot on considering his age. I figured that the zombie would come back to do something bad, but had no idea it would end up killing Dale. While carl's actions indirectly lead to his death it's pretty reasonable considering his age. You wouldn't expect him to be able to shoot a walker nor would you expect him to tell anyone what happened and that they was a walker near by out of not wanting to get into trouble. I liked dale as a character. he seemed to be a major moral compass of the group. Should be interesting to see where they go from here.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that Daryl has only had a minimal role in the second half of the season, but Norman Reedus kills every scene he has been in. You can see how that tough exterior he has been putting up for the group after Sophia's death is just a front, and that her death has affected him a lot and he really does care about the group. His conversations with Carol and Dale lately show that he has been trying to mask his pain with anger. And at the last scene...Reedus did a great job with it.

I can't continue without having spoilers, but the show needs more Daryl!

I'm disappointed that daryl has been seldom seen since sophia died. He's pretty much my favorite character as of now. I liked how he stepped up and put down dale when rick was unable to do so.

That ending completely shocked me. I didn't see it coming but the last scene was pretty amazing. Stinks that there are only two more episodes left in the season.

BGT Masters
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I actually think the scene with carl and the zombie was pretty spot on considering his age. I figured that the zombie would come back to do something bad, but had no idea it would end up killing Dale. While carl's actions indirectly lead to his death it's pretty reasonable considering his age. You wouldn't expect him to be able to shoot a walker nor would you expect him to tell anyone what happened and that they was a walker near by out of not wanting to get into trouble. I liked dale as a character. he seemed to be a major moral compass of the group. Should be interesting to see where they go from here.

I wasn't saying it wasn't spot on. I just was disappointed he did something stupid that got someone killed. Especially Dale. I liked Dale as well. He seemed to be the last real link to as he would put it how the world was. Now all heck is going to break loose. And though I wouldn't have killed Randall either, after beating him like they did, and coming a split second from putting a bullet in his head. He is most certainly coming back to haunt them just like the zombie did in this episode.

Star_Cards
03-05-2012, 01:20 PM
not sure how many LOST fans are in this thread but Randall reminds me of Ben from LOST. If he was willing to join the group it would have happened by now. And even if it was true that he was willing surely he wouldn't be willing to do so now.

Insane Irish
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Shocker....somebody wusses out yet again....lol, but it wasnt all his fault this time. He should have killed Randall though (um yeah, thats not going to come back and bite them in the is it???) then he doesn't put a suffering Dale down, Daryl has to step in.....
I Can't just blame Rick though with the barn scene though, it was partially Dales influence on him, with his whole hippy "can't we all just get along and hold hands" campaign. (how annoying was that) Grow a pair man, Randall tried to KILL u, and has 30 armed friends who will rape and kill everyone on that farm if given the chance.
Also, why doesn't anyone keep an eye on Carl.... Damn, first he's off in the woods by himself, then he just happens to wander into the barn while the execution is about to take place??? Where was mom??

superpieman
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
i actually like that he didnt kill randall. not because i think randall is a good guy and wont hurt them because to me its clear he will do something. but its the fact that his son wanted to see the guy killed. he sees what the world is turning carl into and he doesnt like that his son has become that.

BGT Masters
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I agree with superpieman. Rick didn't wuss out, his son influenced his decision. What would you think if your son was chanting to kill someone. Sure Randall tried to shoot Rick, any one of them would have done the same to someone else had they killed someone in their group. Calling Rick a wuss again for not putting a bullet in Dale's head is wrong as well in my opinion. Had in both cases someone not have intervened he would have pulled the trigger both times. I will agree with you someone needs to keep an eye on Carl. Its only a matter of time before he gets himself killed or someone else, yet again.

shrewsbury
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
does anyone think it is possible that carl got scratched by the walker? he was close enough to get the gun knocked away.

it would be an interesting twist

Insane Irish
03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Had in both cases someone not have intervened he would have pulled the trigger both times.

Thats pure speculation my friend...and coming from someone that's been in Law enforcement for 14+ years, trust me when I say that any cop who hesitates as much as Rick does will get people killed. (and yes I get that it's just a show...lol)

Great episode though....can't wait to see next week. Bummed there are only 2 more left!!

superpieman
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
does anyone think it is possible that carl got scratched by the walker? he was close enough to get the gun knocked away.

that would be a crazy twist. that would shock me even more then the dale thing.

BGT Masters
03-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I am still waiting for Shane to get infected since last episode he used the same knife to cut his hand as he did the zombie. Why would they mentioned there being no bite marks on the two dead officers/guards if it wasn't going to play a part later?

Hilfiger1975
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I am still waiting for Shane to get infected since last episode he used the same knife to cut his hand as he did the zombie. Why would they mentioned there being no bite marks on the two dead officers/guards if it wasn't going to play a part later?
Good eye! Probably just a blooper, though...

BGT Masters
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Nah, they pay too much attention to the details in this show. If a scratch from a zombie can change you, plunging a knife into one's head then cutting yourself with the same knife has to have the same effect.

superpieman
03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
its something to think about for sure. id have to bet that he didnt get infected. i know they like to pay attention to details but i feel like they may have overlooked that. but then again with the way they throw twists at us you never know

Insane Irish
03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah I'm supposed Shane has lasted this long....his character died early in the comic series.
But the show has been a lot different for the most part.

On a side note has anyone seen the Walking Dead hobby boxes, and singles for sale on EBay?? They have auto cards, and wardrobe cards, some even have patches.
Lol, I'm tempted to buy a box!!

Star_Cards
03-06-2012, 01:42 PM

I doubt it but an interesting thought. I thought the same thing when randall was getting dropped off at the warehouse and shane and rick got into it. Rick had cuts all over his face from the fight and stabbed a walker in the head and was splattered with infected blood.

Star_Cards
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Thats pure speculation my friend...and coming from someone that's been in Law enforcement for 14+ years, trust me when I say that any cop who hesitates as much as Rick does will get people killed. (and yes I get that it's just a show...lol)

Great episode though....can't wait to see next week. Bummed there are only 2 more left!!

I think the hesitation is a product of his character development of not being some itchy trigger fingered guy more like shane. He didn't hesitate when he killed the two men in the bar that posed an imminent threat. The hesitation with randall and with dale didn't really happen during something that posed a threat right there. I get stopping the suffering of his friend but I couldn't imagine what I would do in that scenario so I'm not going to use that to really judge.

Star_Cards
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM

I agree. someone will get infected by a scratch. they wouldn't have drawn attention to it like they did if not. I hope they show the progression pretty well. They really haven't said much about the gestation period that I can remember.

thedynasty141
03-07-2012, 01:11 AM
i was on a website the other day and it talked about the season 2 dvd release and on the back in mentioned something about shanes last episode. the time is coming for him to go..

Insane Irish
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I still want to know what the CDC guy ( Jenner or something like that) whispered to Rick before he left the building in the first season. This may be a long shot, but maybe no matter how u die in this new world you will turn? That could explain the cops with no bite marks, and also why Rick always makes sure the brain is punctured each time he kills a walker. If u notice after he killed the big dude in the bar, after hitting him center mass, he made sure to put one round in his head...clearly after the dude was dead. Why waste ammo? Is it to make sure the brain dies, so there is no chance of turning?
Maybe just death itself is turning people.. Due to something that went airborne? Like I said, longshot...

The other thing I can't look past is that the Randall kid said he knew Maggie, and the farm, yet while held captive and about to be executed, Maggie didn't recognize him?
I know he claimed she might not know him, but he knew her. But how big of a school could it be in those hills, where she wouldn't even recognize him?
This guy is trouble.... 30 armed guys, raping and killing.
Maybe they are prisoners that escaped?

Lol, shoulda left him on the fence for zombie food....

But then it would be as fun to watch :)

sportscardrage
03-12-2012, 01:10 AM
I won't spoil tonight's episode but I will say for the season finale....many bullets are going to be flying.

Star_Cards
03-12-2012, 08:11 AM
great episode last night. I haven't read the comic so I go into each episode completely unknowing what is going to happen. I kind of got the sense that shane was going to meet his demise, but am always shocked when one of a shows larger characters gets killed.

As far as the aspect of becoming a walker with out being bitten I'm still curious as to how this will be explained. I get the action of how it can happen, but at that point we never really know who's infected. So far the two people outside of the two guards that it's happened to died before they turned. Is it assumed that you can be infected and then turn after you die. Can you turn while still being alive.

Looks like next episode will have tons of zombie action. Seems weird that there are that many zombies still around the farm especially after the way they went around after dale was killed and went on a mini killing spree. Although I'm not going to question a mob of zombies!!!

shrewsbury
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM
perhaps the large group of zombies are the other group randall was talking about and they have all turned or were attacked and turned?

and now they have 3 guns less and are running low on ammo.

superpieman
03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
i knew shane was not done after him and rick fought but im shocked at how it ended. it just shows how much of a POS shane truly was. he was willing to kill his best friend because he wanted his wife and kids to himself. it was something that was bound to happen eventually i guess but man i didnt see that coming. to me rick proved again just how smart and cunning and truly valuable he is. thats the second time in 3 episodes hes had someone ready to kill him and managed to be smarter and quicker. to me any debate that rick doesnt have what it takes to be a leader and keep his family safe is essentially over. any guesses for the season finale?

sportscardrage
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
The more I thought about the entire scene, the more I think Shane had no intention of killing Rick. I think either Shane became infected by the entire way things unfolding at the school in the bus. He felt himself turning, I mean he was acting straight up crazy this previous episode. Maybe he felt himself turning and he knew there was only one way for himself to be killed and not actually hurt any of the other group.

To me if Shane wanted to kill Rick he would have done it at any moment when it was just the two of them. And he kept egging him on, talking about how he wasn't able to take care of his wife and kids and so on and so forth. To me it showed that Shane wanted to die and in some odd way he wanted his best friend to be the one to help him out of the fact that he was about to be turned into a walker.

superpieman
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
The more I thought about the entire scene, the more I think Shane had no intention of killing Rick. I think either Shane became infected by the entire way things unfolding at the school in the bus. He felt himself turning, I mean he was acting straight up crazy this previous episode. Maybe he felt himself turning and he knew there was only one way for himself to be killed and not actually hurt any of the other group.

To me if Shane wanted to kill Rick he would have done it at any moment when it was just the two of them. And he kept egging him on, talking about how he wasn't able to take care of his wife and kids and so on and so forth. To me it showed that Shane wanted to die and in some odd way he wanted his best friend to be the one to help him out of the fact that he was about to be turned into a walker.

thats a pretty interesting theory. thats why i love this show there are 15 different theories and none of them wrong. i personally think he wanted to kill rick. it was clear he was insanely jealous of rick and his life. its pretty interesting to see that people can now be infected and not turn until they die. one thing i wonder is why didnt rick shoot shane in the head after killing him to keep him from becoming infected.

Star_Cards
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM

here's a great interview with Jon Bernthal (shane) about the last scene, etc. he speaks to your theory about shane wanting rick to kill him.

great point about if he felt himself turning. I still don't know if they turn while alive or if the infection comes up after they die as a living person. The scene in the barn when he sits on the stoll made me think he felt it coming on or that he was infected. When he paused and grabbed at his head.

edit: forgot link. lol

link (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/)

Hilfiger1975
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
AWESOME EPISODE!

That is all...

Hilfiger1975
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Is EVERYONE walking dead? Does death then make you a walker? Be it, however you die?

This "other group" is "crazy"...does anyone think that "group" has Daryl's brother in it or leading it?

:winking0071:

sportscardrage
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
This "other group" is "crazy"...does anyone think that "group" has Daryl's brother in it or leading it?

:winking0071:

I never thought about the Meryl in the other group thing. That's possible I wouldn't say he's leading though, Meryl really isn't the "leading" type. Also if Meryl was leading he for sure wouldn't have sent people to get other people of his group, also he wouldn't have a black guy in the group like the one that got eaten by the zombies.

oilfan10
03-12-2012, 05:01 PM
That was a fantastic episode. Interesting theory about Shane not wanting to kill Rick, and great insight from that interview.

No one has mentioned it yet, but how powerful was beginning scene with Dale's funeral and Glenn with the RV? It really shows how much Dale really meant to the group, and he did all these little things to ensure they were safe. He was a great father figure to many of them, especially Glenn, and seeing how much he learned from him was a great tribute to Dale.

Speaking of Glenn, he seems to have matured a bit recently. He saved Darryl! How many people on the show have done that? Even Darryl acknowledged it. Lets see if he freezes again during the next ambush.

Insane Irish
03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
This may be a long shot, but maybe no matter how u die in this new world you will turn? That could explain the cops with no bite marks, and also why Rick always makes sure the brain is punctured each time he kills a walker. If u notice after he killed the big dude in the bar, after hitting him center mass, he made sure to put one round in his head...clearly after the dude was dead. Why waste ammo? Is it to make sure the brain dies, so there is no chance of turning?
Maybe just death itself is turning people.. Due to something that went airborne? Like I said, longshot...

Damn I'm good.... no props for my theory from last week?? :confused0024:

LOL :winking0071:

Next week is gonna be BLOODY!!!!!

superpieman
03-19-2012, 12:51 AM
anyone else a little thrown off by rick at the end? i really was not a fan of the way he acted, that was more like shane used to be.

oilfan10
03-19-2012, 03:19 AM
anyone else a little thrown off by rick at the end? i really was not a fan of the way he acted, that was more like shane used to be.

I would be pretty fed up too if "more-useless-than-T-Dog" Carol was harping me about poor leadership. Not to mention a manipulative wife who implied that he needed to get rid of Shane, only to become disgusted when he does just that.

Rick is a man who wants to "do the right thing", and several times that right thing never pleases the group, even though they're incapable of making these decisions themselves. He had to kill Shane, and he had to keep Jenner's revelation a secret to keep the group together. When Rick is trying to protect everyone, and they're all talking about running off, he has to employ a dictatorship to keep a fragile and indecisive(which constantly gets them in trouble) group together. He called them out, and I have no problem with that.

Star_Cards
03-19-2012, 08:31 AM

I'm not, considering the reaction his wife had to him telling her about shane. It seems weird since she was basically pep talking him a few episodes earlier. Telling him that no one can take what's his. He was having a hard time dealing with his action that shane forced on him and she just abandoned him more or less. I can see where that as well as the others saying they needed to move would cause him to give the reaction he did.

However, the craziest thing was the hooded guy at the end with the two armless walkers chained to him. I can only guess that he has them chained to him to keep other walkers away from him, masking his scent or something. I'm also assuming he's connected with the prison that they showed at the end of the episode... at least it looked like a prison to me. Stinks that new episodes won't be on until next fall.

Definitely glad to see them off of the farm. It was pretty boring there for the most part. I'm ready to see them on the move and figuring out where to stay and exploring new areas.

Hilfiger1975
03-19-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm not, considering the reaction his wife had to him telling her about shane. It seems weird since she was basically pep talking him a few episodes earlier. Telling him that no one can take what's his. He was having a hard time dealing with his action that shane forced on him and she just abandoned him more or less. I can see where that as well as the others saying they needed to move would cause him to give the reaction he did.

However, the craziest thing was the hooded guy at the end with the two armless walkers chained to him. I can only guess that he has them chained to him to keep other walkers away from him, masking his scent or something. I'm also assuming he's connected with the prison that they showed at the end of the episode... at least it looked like a prison to me. Stinks that new episodes won't be on until next fall.

Definitely glad to see them off of the farm. It was pretty boring there for the most part. I'm ready to see them on the move and figuring out where to stay and exploring new areas.
I watched talking dead after the show, and that hooded figure is a black female. (Michonne) Yes, it was a prison.

superpieman
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM
I would be pretty fed up too if "more-useless-than-T-Dog" Carol was harping me about poor leadership. Not to mention a manipulative wife who implied that he needed to get rid of Shane, only to become disgusted when he does just that.

Rick is a man who wants to "do the right thing", and several times that right thing never pleases the group, even though they're incapable of making these decisions themselves. He had to kill Shane, and he had to keep Jenner's revelation a secret to keep the group together. When Rick is trying to protect everyone, and they're all talking about running off, he has to employ a dictatorship to keep a fragile and indecisive(which constantly gets them in trouble) group together. He called them out, and I have no problem with that.

im not talking about the jenner thing, i would have kept that from the group to. it just kind of threw me off at the very end when he kind of flipped at he group and said that this was no longer a democracy. thats something shane would have done. im kind of interested to see if he becomes more like shane now that shanes gone

superpieman
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM

the hooded guy threw me off to. im really kind of worried that its going to become like lost. i liked lost for 1 season then they started that weird stuff about the island and it running the world or whatever. i really hope walking dead stays a little realistic if it turns out the guy controls the walkers im going to be a little disappointed. i dont like shows that have supernatural stuff like that.

Star_Cards
03-19-2012, 11:01 AM
well, I loved lost and the from the first episode they had the element of the super natural. Although I do see your point with the walking dead. The shot of the zombie slayer had a very different feel to it than anything we've seen so far. I'm hoping that it doesn't go that way. I think that feel had more to do with the hood and that we typically see that sort of thing in more fantasy like movies and shows. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I'm thinking about reading the comic series over the summer but not sure if it will effect my feeling towards the show. Any opinions from people that read the comics before about reading them at this point. Should I wait until the end of the series before reading?

superpieman
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
well, I loved lost and the from the first episode they had the element of the super natural. Although I do see your point with the walking dead. The shot of the zombie slayer had a very different feel to it than anything we've seen so far. I'm hoping that it doesn't go that way. I think that feel had more to do with the hood and that we typically see that sort of thing in more fantasy like movies and shows. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I'm thinking about reading the comic series over the summer but not sure if it will effect my feeling towards the show. Any opinions from people that read the comics before about reading them at this point. Should I wait until the end of the series before reading?

I really hope it doesnt go that way. i just cant get into shows like that. I like shows like the walking dead because its feasible(somewhat lol). not saying there will be a zombie apocalypse but if there is that end of the world event its very feasible that people will start acting like that.

oilfan10
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM

I don't read the comics myself, but Robert Kirkman said he has around 300 issues planned for the comic series. He's on 94, so the comic book isn't ending anytime soon. Either the TV series ends early/gets cancelled before the comics end, or the show will go on for a loooooooonnnnng time.

shrewsbury
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
the hooded guy is actually a woman and a main character in the comic series, she is also one of ricks closest allies. i hope they keep the tv series and the comic series seperate, i do not want it to get too syfy (yea i know there are zombies)

spoiler alert

don't read, may spoil things for you

i don't know much but in the comic series it is now down to just carl and rick and rick has a hand missing

Insane Irish
03-25-2012, 11:52 AM
i dont like shows that have supernatural stuff like that

Lol....it's a show about ZOMBIES!! (sorry couldn't resist)

Is anybody else just a little disapointed on the BS shooting that took place in the finale??
Are ya kidding me.... Headshots from a moving vehicle.... I've trained with many weapons, in many scenerios and I consider myself a top notch shooter. I seriously doubt I could hit a moving walker from a moving vehicle dead center of the head. Then you have Herschel with unending ammo in the shotgun at least 20-25 shots fired without a reload. (not to mention that he is old and frail and a shotgun would kick the crap out of his shoulder after that long)
Even my wife who has no clue about weapons asked about the shotgun rounds.
Then Lori headshots zombies with ease from the porch with a tiny snub-nose revolver.
Yup....thats easy!!
The best is when Rick shoots th 9mm, his arm kicks like it's a 50 caliber....but then when he fires his 357 there is no recoil.
Turrible!!

avstars
03-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Go for it, the general plot is the same, like volumn 1 takes place in Atlanta and volume 2 takes place at the farm, but the way they navigate through the plot is different enough so it's like an alternate reality compared to the show.

avstars
03-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Just saw the finale, love it, lots of action. And I like the internal conflict developing. They are following the overall plot of the comics, so next season is going to be good.