PDA

View Full Version : ESPN pulls MNF intro after Hank Williams Jr compares Obama to Hitler.

mrveggieman
10-04-2011, 12:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Hank-Williams-Jr-pulled-from-ESPN-after-compari?urn=nfl-wp8592

pghin08
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
3 things on this:

1. You're not a real country musician until you compare the Democrats to Hitler. Just like you aren't a real punk band until you compare the Republicans to Hitler.

2. Frankly, I'm impressed that Hank Williams Jr. knew enough about Netenyahu to use him in an analogy.

3. We have freedom of speech in this country. He can say whatever he wants to say, and if he believes it, he shouldn't have to apologize to anybody.

Danols1
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
I am sorry but in ways he is right he just used the wrong person to use by saying hitler

Danols1
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
When i say he used the wrong person i mean a diff name wouldnt have gotten him kicked off monday night and i dont think he should say he is sorry i think he has his right to say what he thinks

mrveggieman
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes HW Jr does have a legal right to say whatever he wants and should not and cannot be punished by the gov't for saying so. However what he said was very tasteless and offensive and ESPN should fire him.

Danols1
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
When you are a sports icon u gotta watch everything ( not that he is sports i am just saying maybe he should have thought it and not said it ) but again he said what he felt

Star_Cards
10-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I find it odd that this guy was on FOX and friends. lol

I know he made the comparison for shock value, but why are people still shocked when people compare someone to hitler? When I hear anyone doing that and it's not a person who either has his mustache style or isn't trying to exterminate an entire race I completely dismiss his opinion. It's a complete farce of a comparison in my book.

I could care less if he said it or if he apologizes for it. I'd be more offended if he did apologize at this point.

As far as ESPN, they have every right to remove him from their telecasts for what he's out publicly saying. I for one don't think many people would stop watching MNF if he was still being used for the open, last night or in the future. I like the open, i guess, but It could use a makeover after 20 years so I really have no opinion about him being on or off the broadcasts from here on out.

His statement that other sided politicians are "enemies" is a sad editorial of where a lot of people are at in this day and age. I get that there are differences of ideals and values, but sad that people see it so divided.

pghin08
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes HW Jr does have a legal right to say whatever he wants and should not and cannot be punished by the gov't for saying so. However what he said was very tasteless and offensive and ESPN should fire him.

People have a right to say what they want. I don't believe Champion should have dropped Rashard Mendenhall because of his Osama Bin Laden comments, and I don't think that Hank Williams Jr should be disciplined at all. If he would have worked an Obama/Hitler comparison during his pre-game song, then yeah, ESPN should have an issue with that, because he said something offensive at work. But on his own time? Let him go.

habsheaven
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I find it odd that this guy was on FOX and friends. lol

I know he made the comparison for shock value, but why are people still shocked when people compare someone to hitler? When I hear anyone doing that and it's not a person who either has his mustache style or isn't trying to exterminate an entire race I completely dismiss his opinion. It's a complete farce of a comparison in my book.

I could care less if he said it or if he apologizes for it. I'd be more offended if he did apologize at this point.

As far as ESPN, they have every right to remove him from their telecasts for what he's out publicly saying. I for one don't think many people would stop watching MNF if he was still being used for the open, last night or in the future. I like the open, i guess, but It could use a makeover after 20 years so I really have no opinion about him being on or off the broadcasts from here on out.

His statement that other sided politicians are "enemies" is a sad editorial of where a lot of people are at in this day and age. I get that there are differences of ideals and values, but sad that people see it so divided.

Well said.

Hilfiger1975
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
3 things on this:

1. You're not a real country musician until you compare the Democrats to Hitler. Just like you aren't a real punk band until you compare the Republicans to Hitler.

2. Frankly, I'm impressed that Hank Williams Jr. knew enough about Netenyahu to use him in an analogy.

3. We have freedom of speech in this country. He can say whatever he wants to say, and if he believes it, he shouldn't have to apologize to anybody.
Freedom of speech only goes so far. That being said, he works for MNF and he pissed them off...:winking0071:

habsheaven
10-04-2011, 03:50 PM
People have a right to say what they want. I don't believe Champion should have dropped Rashard Mendenhall because of his Osama Bin Laden comments, and I don't think that Hank Williams Jr should be disciplined at all. If he would have worked an Obama/Hitler comparison during his pre-game song, then yeah, ESPN should have an issue with that, because he said something offensive at work. But on his own time? Let him go.

I do not look at it as "being disciplined". I look at it as "ESPN distancing themselves from something they do not want to be associated with". Nothing more, nothing less. No different from sponsors dropping an athlete who acts like a fool. They aren't punishing the athlete, they are just cutting any ties. Perfectly normal thing to do in the corporate world.

andrewhoya
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Boooooo ESPN.

Star_Cards
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I do not look at it as "being disciplined". I look at it as "ESPN distancing themselves from something they do not want to be associated with". Nothing more, nothing less. No different from sponsors dropping an athlete who acts like a fool. They aren't punishing the athlete, they are just cutting any ties. Perfectly normal thing to do in the corporate world.

Same thing with what was done when Kobe had his legal troubles and when Tiger had his issues. If they want to cut ties they have that right more than likely in the contracts.

otsegoflake
10-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I think ESPN is overreacting. Making an analogy and making a comparison are two different things. It's not like he made a list of the similarities between Obama and Hitler. Hell, he didn't even say which was which in the analogy. He also brought the Three Stooges into it, even though he was only talking about two people, so how serious can he really be taken?

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I think ESPN is overreacting. Making an analogy and making a comparison are two different things. It's not like he made a list of the similarities between Obama and Hitler. Hell, he didn't even say which was which in the analogy. He also brought the Three Stooges into it, even though he was only talking about two people, so how serious can he really be taken?

You are absolutely correct. If you actually watch the interview and listen to what he says, there is no comparison of Obama to Hitler. It was an analogy, not a comparison. Anyone who has taken the SAT (or attended 4th grade) should know the difference.

ensbergcollector
10-04-2011, 07:08 PM

unfortunately espn's owns words show that not to be the case. Their statement that they will re-evaluate based on how contrite he is says they don't want to distance themselves. They want him to play ball.

also, agree with AUTaxman - there is a big difference in comparing him to hitler (which is what all the headlines said) and using it in an analogy. Not saying I approve of his comment but he didn't say "obama is like hitler)

AUTaxMan
10-04-2011, 07:10 PM
unfortunately espn's owns words show that not to be the case. Their statement that they will re-evaluate based on how contrite he is says they don't want to distance themselves. They want him to play ball.

also, agree with AUTaxman - there is a big difference in comparing him to hitler (which is what all the headlines said) and using it in an analogy. Not saying I approve of his comment but he didn't say "obama is like hitler)

He didn't even imply that Obama was like Hitler.

habsheaven
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM

That's your interpretation. They obviously want to distance themselves unless he publicly denounces his previous statements. Again, that is not "punishment", that is simply wanting his opinions to be less extreme and more like the network's so that they do not have to end their business relationship.

shooten
10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Go Hank Boo ESPN did you see the way the people asking the questions where there all robots just do and say everything there bosses tell them to boo obama look at where where all at now what has he done good? Change there is no change the rich have always got richer and the poor have always got poorer. Atleast he had the guts to say what he feels everyone is afraid to say anything about obama because he is a black man that is probably the main reason he has been elected and thats why the backers picked him just my opinion

ensbergcollector
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
That's your interpretation. They obviously want to distance themselves unless he publicly denounces his previous statements. Again, that is not "punishment", that is simply wanting his opinions to be less extreme and more like the network's so that they do not have to end their business relationship.

first of all, I agree that espn has every right to distance themselves. However, distance is you're fired. Not, your fired unless you do what we say and play ball. Their use of the word contrite seals it for me.

Not to get too far off topic, but espn has never distanced themselves from any athlete or commentator who has made disparaging comments about the bush administration. The only 2 people they seem quick to run off were limbaugh and williams. Coincidence?

habsheaven
10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
first of all, I agree that espn has every right to distance themselves. However, distance is you're fired. Not, your fired unless you do what we say and play ball. Their use of the word contrite seals it for me.

Not to get too far off topic, but espn has never distanced themselves from any athlete or commentator who has made disparaging comments about the bush administration. The only 2 people they seem quick to run off were limbaugh and williams. Coincidence?

It isn't "do what we say", it's more like "show that you are more palatable to our viewing audience". Not sure why the word "contrite" seals anything for you?

As for the coincidence; I guess we would need specifics. Much like your thoughts on 10,000 wrong answers to 1 right answer in the other thread, there is no reason to believe that Limbaugh and William's comments did not deserve the reaction they garnered just because ESPN didn't have a similar reaction to Bush critiques.

duane1969
10-04-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't agree with comparing anyone to Hitler. Hilter murdered millions. Until Obama does that then he is not Hitler.

With that said, cry me a frickin river. GWB was called Hitler numerous times by Democrats. What's the matter...don't like the taste of your own posion?

tutall
10-04-2011, 09:57 PM
It isn't "do what we say", it's more like "show that you are more palatable to our viewing audience". Not sure why the word "contrite" seals anything for you?
As for the coincidence; I guess we would need specifics. Much like your thoughts on 10,000 wrong answers to 1 right answer in the other thread, there is no reason to believe that Limbaugh and William's comments did not deserve the reaction they garnered just because ESPN didn't have a similar reaction to Bush critiques.

Do you really think ESPN would lose football viewers because of Hank being on TV? I didnt even know about the comments until it became a story on ESPN. Your analogy for the 10000 wrong answers is also wrong because they have set a standard in this case where obviously it is wrong to criticize one side but not the other... Considering this is a Disney company it is no surprise but there is a precident set. Is it right? Honestly I would guess 90 percent of sports fans could care less who their athletes support... Charles Woodson has always been one of my favorite players even though he does hang out with the pres and make front page of papers wearing Obama on his back.

pghin08
10-04-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't agree with comparing anyone to Hitler. Hilter murdered millions. Until Obama does that then he is not Hitler.

With that said, cry me a frickin river. GWB was called Hitler numerous times by Democrats. What's the matter...don't like the taste of your own posion?

I don't think Dems are crying over this. You know me and my liberal-ness, and I don't think that Williams should have been disciplined at all.

mrveggieman
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Go Hank Boo ESPN did you see the way the people asking the questions where there all robots just do and say everything there bosses tell them to boo obama look at where where all at now what has he done good? Change there is no change the rich have always got richer and the poor have always got poorer. Atleast he had the guts to say what he feels everyone is afraid to say anything about obama because he is a black man that is probably the main reason he has been elected and thats why the backers picked him just my opinion

Dude are you serious? The last time I checked blacks are not the majority in this country so President Obama had to have a lot of white supporters in his corner.

habsheaven
10-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Do you really think ESPN would lose football viewers because of Hank being on TV? I didnt even know about the comments until it became a story on ESPN. Your analogy for the 10000 wrong answers is also wrong because they have set a standard in this case where obviously it is wrong to criticize one side but not the other... Considering this is a Disney company it is no surprise but there is a precident set. Is it right? Honestly I would guess 90 percent of sports fans could care less who their athletes support... Charles Woodson has always been one of my favorite players even though he does hang out with the pres and make front page of papers wearing Obama on his back.

I guess until you provide the circumstances that were ignored by ESPN I cannot compare the "standard". And no, I do not think ESPN would lose any viewers over anything political. Even a canadian knows that politics pale in comparison to the NFL.

Star_Cards
10-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Not really about Dem or Rep. Plus politicians aren't working for a corporation like ESPN. The "hitler" calling goes back and forth between the parties. Both are ridiculous.

Star_Cards
10-05-2011, 09:18 AM

WOW. where to start. Where have you been if you think people are afraid to call out Obama? Do you not watch the news or read articles online? People are definitely not afraid to call out the president. However, when most do they actually makes sense and not complain about a golf outing he played with a fellow politician with whom he's supposed to negotiate policy with. They, well most, also don't use one of the worst mass murders of our time to draw a comparison to something he's done. Although he didn't technically say he was hitler like some others have.

By the way... I already Boycott ESPN outside of MNF. lol

mrveggieman
10-05-2011, 09:20 AM
I guess until you provide the circumstances that were ignored by ESPN I cannot compare the "standard". And no, I do not think ESPN would lose any viewers over anything political. Even a canadian knows that politics pale in comparison to the NFL.

ESPN did lose me when they had rush limbaugh during their nfl pregame show. However once they let him go I started watching their pregame again. It was even more ironic how the fox pregame show clowned them for what rush said.

Star_Cards
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I thought rush was an odd addition to that show. I don't really remember if he was good or bad. I actually can't stand ESPN... at least the sports center stuff. Most of their "experts" are tired. Chris Berman mainly.

AUTaxMan
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I thought rush was an odd addition to that show. I don't really remember if he was good or bad. I actually can't stand ESPN... at least the sports center stuff. Most of their "experts" are tired. Chris Berman mainly.

He actually was a good addition to the show, as he knows NFL football very well, is controversial, and is interesting. He should not have been fired for what he said. He was paid to give his opinion, and his argument was a legitimate one. ABC, like all of the other MSM, is scared of its own shadow when it comes to race.

mrveggieman
10-05-2011, 12:02 PM
He actually was a good addition to the show, as he knows NFL football very well, is controversial, and is interesting. He should not have been fired for what he said. He was paid to give his opinion, and his argument was a legitimate one. ABC, like all of the other MSM, is scared of its own shadow when it comes to race.

Yes he was hired to give an opinion but espn/abc is still a business and their ultimate goal is to make money. They would have lost millions in potential advertising revenue as well as thousands of potential viewers by aligining themself with a cancer like rush limbaugh after he made such hateful comments on air. They had no choice but to fire him. IMO they had no business hiring him anyway.

mrveggieman
10-06-2011, 12:39 PM
This just in ESPN and HW Jr jave parted ways:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7066449/espn-hank-williams-jr-theme-song-return-monday-night-football

Check out a quote from this story:

"After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision," he wrote. "By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run."

Obviously HW Jr knows nothing about the first amendment. The freedom of speech that he is refererring to is protection from the gov't coming after him for making unpopular views. Espn is a private company not a gov't agency and I'm sure that they put clauses in his contract where they can sever his business relationship if he does or says something that may reflect bad on espn.

AUTaxMan
10-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Obviously HW Jr knows nothing about the first amendment. The freedom of speech that he is refererring to is protection from the gov't coming after him for making unpopular views. Espn is a private company not a gov't agency and I'm sure that they put clauses in his contract where they can sever his business relationship if he does or says something that may reflect bad on espn.

This is one of the few things we've ever agreed upon.

Star_Cards
10-06-2011, 12:43 PM

I agree that he shouldn't have been fired over the mcnabb opinion.

I didn't agree with his opinion, but it really wasn't that big of a deal in my opinion. It also didn't seem to be his opinion on black QBs either, from what I remember.

AUTaxMan
10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree that he shouldn't have been fired over the mcnabb opinion.

I didn't agree with his opinion, but it really wasn't that big of a deal in my opinion. It also didn't seem to be his opinion on black QBs either, from what I remember.

He was commenting on the media's overhyping of McNabb at the time. They were. Michael Irvin agreed with him on the show.

mrveggieman
10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
He was commenting on the media's overhyping of McNabb at the time. They were. Michael Irvin agreed with him on the show.

I watched the clip and Michael Irvin was shaking his head but it was more in disbelief morethan anything else. Feel free to post if you like.

AUTaxMan
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I watched the clip and Michael Irvin was shaking his head but it was more in disbelief morethan anything else. Feel free to post if you like.

Listen to him at the veeeeeeery end of the video.

mrveggieman
10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Listen to him at the veeeeeeery end of the video.

I can't access youtube from work so if anyone has it please post.

AUTaxMan
10-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Repeatedly says "Rush has a point."

tutall
10-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is a link to it with transcripts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiTv_xRd5A

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm wondering if this is the same as Hank. Who thinks Mr Gumbel will receive the same treatment?? Double standard?? Hmmmmm.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/plantation-overseer-sportscaster-bryant-gumbel-turns-racial-while-blasting-nba-commish/

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm wondering if this is the same as Hank. Who thinks Mr Gumbel will receive the same treatment?? Double standard?? Hmmmmm.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/plantation-overseer-sportscaster-bryant-gumbel-turns-racial-while-blasting-nba-commish/

You and all of your conservative buddies love to play the race card when it is convenient for you. HW Jr compared our president to hitler. Hitler was a mass murderer who slaughtered millions of innocent men, women and children. Tell me again who was President Obama accused of murdering. Yes I heard some of what you are talking about with gumbel. I haven't watched the vid yet but I have been doing some reading on it. Gumbel likens nba commissioner david stern to an overseer on a plantation because he is white (jewish) and he has almost total control over a bunch of predominitely black employees. Although playing in the nba is no where near slavery I can see the connection. By locking out the ball players stern pretty much has their livelyhood in his hands. Since the owners have more money than the players they have all the leverage and can pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do.

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
You and all of your conservative buddies love to play the race card when it is convenient for you. HW Jr compared our president to hitler. Hitler was a mass murderer who slaughtered millions of innocent men, women and children. Tell me again who was President Obama accused of murdering. Yes I heard some of what you are talking about with gumbel. I haven't watched the vid yet but I have been doing some reading on it. Gumbel likens nba commissioner david stern to an overseer on a plantation because he is white (jewish) and he has almost total control over a bunch of predominitely black employees. Although playing in the nba is no where near slavery I can see the connection. By locking out the ball players stern pretty much has their livelyhood in his hands. Since the owners have more money than the players they have all the leverage and can pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do.

Funny, I didn't hear Hank say Obama was Hitler, apparently you did. Gumbel is a racist hack, end of story. Don't try to justify what you know is wrong. You are certifiable.....

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Another sterling example of the idiocy that is the left......I bet she won't stop working either....
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/catholic-jewish-groups-condemn-susan-sarandon-for-calling-the-pope-a-nazi/

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Funny, I didn't hear Hank say Obama was Hitler, apparently you did. Gumbel is a racist hack, end of story. Don't try to justify what you know is wrong. You are certifiable.....

I didn't hear HWJ call Obama hitler and you neither did you hear me say that I did. I said that he compared the two. (Reading is fundamental) but anyway making a reference to the two by williams jr was totally unaccaptable and baseless. Now as far as gumble's comments about commissioner stern the slave master suggestion may have been a stretch but I can see where he was coming from. It's a black thing sanfran22 you would never understand.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Another sterling example of the idiocy that is the left......I bet she won't stop working either....
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/catholic-jewish-groups-condemn-susan-sarandon-for-calling-the-pope-a-nazi/

You must be pretty desperate for a story. I have never heard of this woman and I'm pretty sure that most people on here haven't either.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 08:22 AM
On the upside HWJ has made a new song off this situation and is even producing shirts, because of it! :winking0071:

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
You must be pretty desperate for a story. I have never heard of this woman and I'm pretty sure that most people on here haven't either.
She's a pretty famous actor YEARS ago...:):

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I agree Gumbel is racist and has done it on other occasions also...

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I didn't hear HWJ call Obama hitler and you neither did you hear me say that I did. I said that he compared the two. (Reading is fundamental) but anyway making a reference to the two by williams jr was totally unaccaptable and baseless. Now as far as gumble's comments about commissioner stern the slave master suggestion may have been a stretch but I can see where he was coming from. It's a black thing sanfran22 you would never understand.
he didn't compare Obama to Hitler either. Comprehension is fundamental as well. You really are a piece of work. I actually used to feel sorry for you.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM

He did not compare Obama to Hitler. He made an analogy. We learn about those in grade school. If HWJ had said Obama is to Boehner as up is to down, would he be comparing Obama to up?

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM

you've seriously never heard of susan sarandon? understandable but to assume others haven't isn't. i would say the overwhelming majority of people over 27ish know who she is

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure you're the only person who hasn't heard of her.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm pretty sure you're the only person who hasn't heard of her.
Don't be so sure, what has she done in the last 10 years? LOL!

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:19 AM

Made idiotic statements like that one and gotten her face in the news every few months.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Made idiotic statements like that one and gotten her face in the news every few months.
I don't watch the news...i know very few people that do now-a-days...

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't watch the news...i know very few people that do now-a-days...

That's part of the problem with this country. Not enough people keep up to date on current events. They have no clue about the history of this country or the people who are running for office. Then we are dumb enough to give them the power to vote.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
he didn't compare Obama to Hitler either. Comprehension is fundamental as well. You really are a piece of work. I actually used to feel sorry for you.

And I feel sorry you with your sprit of racism and bigotry. That must really weight on your heart.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
That's part of the problem with this country. Not enough people keep up to date on current events. They have no clue about the history of this country or the people who are running for office. Then we are dumb enough to give them the power to vote.
I know me personally i only read what is the most important through msn.com and she's not gonna be on the front page. :): I could give two rat's bottoms who runs for office, because i don't vote. :winking0071: The government is famous for just taking away rights, maybe they'll do it again. :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:42 AM
I know me personally i only read was is the most important through msn.com and she's not gonna be on the front page. :): I could give two rat's bottoms who runs for office, because i don't vote. :winking0071: The government is famous for just taking away rights maybe they'll do it again. :winking0071:

If a person really doesn't care about the news and doesn't vote, then why should I value their opinion on politics?

This is not a personal attack, just a logical question.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 09:43 AM

So that's how gwb got into office. :winking0071:

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 09:46 AM
If a person really doesn't care about the news and doesn't vote, then why should I value their opinion on politics?

I don't think you should value ANYONE'S opinion on politics when it's being done on a sports card forum. LOL! Do you honestly believe that the government values your opinion on politics? I'm still in awe about how people could even debate on topics about politics on a sports card forum to be honest. So i'll ask you the same question. Should i value your opinion on politics when it's being done through a sports card forum? To be completely honest i could care less what people value on this site about my opinions the only thing i care about or even value is my feedback when dealing with sports cards. :winking0071:

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 09:46 AM

If I could chime in the news is too depressing. Everyone is losing their job, homes, cars or are 1 paycheck away from losing them. Politcians on both sides aren't doing anything to help. They would rather just play along party lines instead of getting their hands dirty and working to make a difference. SMH.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM

No, GWB got into office because he was running against Gore and Kerry. It is definitely how PBO got into office.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't think you should value ANYONE'S opinion on politics when it's being done on a sports card forum. LOL! Do you honestly believe that the government values your opinion on politics? I'm still in awe about how people could even debate on topics about politics on a sports card forum to be honest. So i'll ask you the same question. Should i value your opinion on politics when it's being done through a sports card forum? To be completely honest i could care less what people value on this site about my opinions the only thing i care about or even value is my feedback when dealing with sports cards. :winking0071:

Then why do you post in this forum?

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Then why do you post in this forum?
Because i have an opinion and from my understanding this is a public forum. :winking0071:

Not unless you need some kind of "politics" license to post in here?

Because all this debating and bickering with not change a thing and it's all boils down to opinions, am i correct? I've seen republicans and democrats run this country and it still looks pretty sad. And that is a FACT...

duane1969
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Same applies to Obama. Before the election I must have talked to 20 different people who thought that he had been a U.S. Senator since the late 1990's. They had no idea that he hadn't even completed one term as a U.S. Senator.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
No, GWB got into office because he was running against Gore and Kerry. It is definitely how PBO got into office.

You suggested that a lot of uneducated people voted in the elections. I agree because obviously one would have to be very uneducated to elect and relect gwb.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 09:54 AM
If I could chime in the news is too depressing. Everyone is losing their job, homes, cars or are 1 paycheck away from losing them. Politcians on both sides aren't doing anything to help. They would rather just play along party lines instead of getting their hands dirty and working to make a difference. SMH.

I understand your sentiment, but when times are bad, that is the most important time to inform yourself of what is going on in Washington. I actually, attended a breakfast that my rep spoke at yesterday, and I can tell you that he is genuinely trying to make a difference up there. The Republicans are trying to do what is best for this country economically, and right now, like it or not, that means being obstructionists to Obama's irresponsible fiscal and economic policy. This year, we spent more money as a country than ever. Last year was the record until this year, and next year will be the new record. If you don't see that Obama's policies are the cause of this, then you are being willfully blind. Sure, he inherited a big mess that was partly caused by Washington and partly caused by Wall Street and partly caused by the personal irresponsibility of the American consumer. However, facing that mess, instead of reevaluating his policies and attempting to see what we could actually afford to achieve, he goes full steam ahead and incurs more debt in two years than Bush did in eight. I understand that many think he is well-intentioned, and he may be, but he either has no perspective on how his policies are a financial disaster for our country, or he is intentionally trying to create a financial crisis.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 09:58 AM
I understand your sentiment, but when times are bad, that is the most important time to inform yourself of what is going on in Washington. I actually, attended a breakfast that my rep spoke at yesterday, and I can tell you that he is genuinely trying to make a difference up there. The Republicans are trying to do what is best for this country economically, and right now, like it or not, that means being obstructionists to Obama's irresponsible fiscal and economic policy. This year, we spent more money as a country than ever. Last year was the record until this year, and next year will be the new record. If you don't see that Obama's policies are the cause of this, then you are being willfully blind. Sure, he inherited a big mess that was partly caused by Washington and partly caused by Wall Street and partly caused by the personal irresponsibility of the American consumer. However, facing that mess, instead of reevaluating his policies and attempting to see what we could actually afford to achieve, he goes full steam ahead and incurs more debt in two years than Bush did in eight. I understand that many think he is well-intentioned, and he may be, but he either has no perspective on how his policies are a financial disaster for our country, or he is intentionally trying to create a financial crisis.
Couldn't the same thing be said about Bush? Because Obama inherited the previous mess...which was the start of a recession...

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:00 AM
WOW! On a more serious note. I just checked out your Auburn Collection and it's smok'in! Congrats! :love0030:

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM

You are on point with some of this. However I don't see the republicans trying to offer any solutions just gridlock and stonewalling. What is going on in washington is just like a bad marriage. One side (obama) realizes that there are problems and offers his solutions. The other side (republicans) also understands that there are problems too but are not willing to compromise. They pretty much say this is the way that things are going to be done around here and if you don't like it get out. SMH.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
You are on point with some of this. However I don't see the republicans trying to offer any solutions just gridlock and stonewalling. What is going on in washington is just like a bad marriage. One side (obama) realizes that there are problems and offers his solutions. The other side (republicans) also understands that there are problems too but are not willing to compromise. They pretty much say this is the way that things are going to be done around here and if you don't like it get out. SMH.
Hasn't it always been ran like that? Two sides bickering and having different beliefs/agendas. And then the same effect is done in
Washington?

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
so let see, veggie has managed to accuse autotax of racism and bigotry and call everyone who voted for bush uneducated. isn't there something in the rules about personal attacks?

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Enchanted, Wall street 2, speed racer to name a few.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM

Obama has offered no "real" solutions. His latest "jobs" plan is just another 450 billion dollar "stimulus". We all know how that would work out if it passed. It has been over 900 days since he got a budget passed.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
so let see, veggie has managed to accuse autotax of racism and bigotry and call everyone who voted for bush uneducated. isn't there something in the rules about personal attacks?
Politics and Religion forum is one big personal attack. If the MOD's actually tagged people for personal attacks then no one would be posting here, believe that...this is just not veggie...

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Enchanted, Wall street 2, speed racer to name a few.
Oh, ok. So she hasn't done anything, thanks. :winking0071:

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Actually he accused me, but that's ok. He's the one that has to look in the mirror in the AM.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
WOW! On a more serious note. I just checked out your Auburn Collection and it's smok'in! Congrats! :love0030:

Thanks!

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Oh, ok. So she hasn't done anything, thanks. :winking0071:

Yeah, Enchanted and wall street were bombs....

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Politics and Religion forum is one big personal attack. If the MOD's actually tagged people for personal attacks then no one would be posting here, believe that...this is just not veggie...

i agree, though not enough to let someone get by with insults without at least being called on it. i'm sorry, to all anyone who voted different than you an idiot and to call someone racist and bigoted because they disagree with you is not ok, even here.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok fellas, the debating was a hoot, off to class...:bored:

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah, Enchanted and wall street were bombs....

She has a small role in The Lovely Bones, which was an awesome movie, but she hasn't starred in anything worth a damn since Dead Man Walking in 95.

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 10:18 AM
i agree, though not enough to let someone get by with insults without at least being called on it. i'm sorry, to all anyone who voted different than you an idiot and to call someone racist and bigoted because they disagree with you is not ok, even here.

I don't mind the personal attacks. If it actually bothered me, I would just ignore the person.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:20 AM
She has a small role in The Lovely Bones, which was an awesome movie, but she hasn't starred in anything worth a damn since Dead Man Walking in 95.
I hate that movie. (lovely bones) I watched it and cried like a baby. That movie passes from entertainment to depressing at mach 8...

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't mind the personal attacks. If it actually bothered me, I would just ignore the person.
I like a man with thick skin. If you are going to debate about politics and religion you are gonna need it. :winking0071:

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
OK! I'm off now for real! :):

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 10:25 AM

I agree....I can handle myself fine.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Actually he accused me, but that's ok. He's the one that has to look in the mirror in the AM.

I do have to look in the mirror everyday and unlike your favorite politician I am very proud of what I see when I take a look.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I agree....I can handle myself fine.

Likewise. Politics, religion and college football here in the south are guaranteed to bring out the "best" in people. I don't let this stuff get to me. Believe it or not, I like to see sanfran22 and intimidator2007 on here. No matter what is posted they always have something to say even though it can be a real headscratcher to most of us. :kiss:

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Likewise. Politics, religion and college football here in the south are guaranteed to bring out the "best" in people. I don't let this stuff get to me. Believe it or not, I like to see sanfran22 and intimidator2007 on here. No matter what is posted they always have something to say even though it can be a real headscratcher to most of us. :kiss:

Well that's debatable. I would bet your line of thinking is in the minority....(Are you going to misinterpret that statement as well?:))

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Well that's debatable. I would bet your line of thinking is in the minority....(Are you going to misinterpret that statement as well?:))

OMG call the mods. Sanfran22 just called me a "minority". :sign0020:

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 11:53 AM
OMG call the mods. Sanfran22 just called me a "minority". :sign0020:

lol, typical....:sign0020::sign0020:

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm O-ffended by those LOL signs... :winking0071:

I agree with other members, i enjoy everyone on here as long as they are not a scammer...it makes the trading good and i get a good chuckle off a few members...:winking0071:

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm O-ffended by those LOL signs... :winking0071:

I agree with other members, i enjoy everyone on here as long as they are not a scammer...it makes the trading good and i get a good chuckle off a few members...:winking0071:

Somebody give my good buddy Hilfiger1975 a CHURCH!! :cheer2: