PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street Video

mikesilvia
10-10-2011, 11:44 PM
I found this funny. So many contradictions and plenty of Marxist literature!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50rpJ7EQWuI

AUTaxMan
10-11-2011, 12:21 AM
What a bunch of losers.

theonedru
10-11-2011, 01:02 AM
They are not losers if they are standing up for what they believe in and trying to get the ball rolling to improve things. I would say more but I do not mind arguing and bickering but I refuse to throw insults around.

AUTaxMan
10-11-2011, 01:03 AM
They are not losers if they are standing up for what they believe in and trying to get the ball rolling to improve things. I would say more but I do not mind arguing and bickering but I refuse to throw insults around.

If your cause is not just, you should not be commended for believing in it.

gatorboymike
10-11-2011, 04:06 AM
If Mike can ever go a day without using the word "Marxist," I'll donate a thousand bucks to a fundamentalist Christian church.

That said, I see these guys as the liberal Tea Party. What is it? A bunch of uninformed, largely uneducated people with a political agenda just standing around, making noise, being seen for the sake of being seen. What's their message? "Hey. Stuff is messed up. Somebody un-mess-up the stuff! Hulk angry!" Gee, how compelling. And they're just as likely to get their message across as were the people at all those Tea Party rallies. Only I bet they have fewer tri-corner hats and more veggie wraps.

mikesilvia
10-11-2011, 08:40 AM
If Mike can ever go a day without using the word "Marxist," I'll donate a thousand bucks to a fundamentalist Christian church.

Did you watch the video? Sorry for pointing out something that was in the video. Also, go ahead and show me the last time I used Marxist. I'll bet you 100 Card Cash it hasn't been recently. Apparently, you hear Marxist in your head because I haven't used it in months if not years. But I'll wait for your response. :)

pghin08
10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't mind the movement, if it has a point. There are sectors of Wall Street that continually avoid regulation, and our best and brightest go to work for these big banks and use their genius to come up with complex investment vehicles that have no social value. Wall Street is still problematic to Main Street.

That being said, the issue I have with Occupy Wall Street is its lack of organization and completely opaque message. I mean, some of these people just want to have all their debts wiped away? How unbelievably self-serving. I pay bills every month for my $20K+ college loans, and while the interest rates skyrocketed during my college tenure to unreasonable levels, I still pay it. I EARNED that debt. I knew what I was getting myself into, and made a conscious choice to absorb that debt. Nobody should pay it for me. That's just insane.

AUTaxMan
10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't mind the movement, if it has a point. There are sectors of Wall Street that continually avoid regulation, and our best and brightest go to work for these big banks and use their genius to come up with complex investment vehicles that have no social value. Wall Street is still problematic to Main Street.

That being said, the issue I have with Occupy Wall Street is its lack of organization and completely opaque message. I mean, some of these people just want to have all their debts wiped away? How unbelievably self-serving. I pay bills every month for my $20K+ college loans, and while the interest rates skyrocketed during my college tenure to unreasonable levels, I still pay it. I EARNED that debt. I knew what I was getting myself into, and made a conscious choice to absorb that debt. Nobody should pay it for me. That's just insane.

The protesters for the most part have no clear message. Like Stalin said, they are useful idiots. The organizers are interested in crumbling the entire system. They are marxists and anarchists.

pghin08
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
The protesters for the most part have no clear message. Like Stalin said, they are useful idiots. The organizers are interested in crumbling the entire system. They are marxists and anarchists.

It just makes no sense to me. I'm all for protesting injustices, and I do think that there are lots of injustices on Wall Street. They're not all Boy Scouts. But man, if I'm going to try to change something that I feel is wrong, you better believe that I'd go into it with a DEFINED plan of change in mind. Not, "Pay off all my debts and give me all your money".

sanfran22
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
This is all that needs to be said about this "movement"......
http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/06/organizer-admits-to-paying-occupy-dc-protesters-video/

Apparently it's not an isolated incident.

duane1969
10-11-2011, 02:22 PM
This is all that needs to be said about this "movement"......
http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/06/organizer-admits-to-paying-occupy-dc-protesters-video/

Apparently it's not an isolated incident.

Nice. Paying non-English speaking people to attend a rally about something that they do not understand and can not explain. I never cease to be amazed at the levels that the far left will stoop to.

I wonder if paying illegals to attend anti-establishment rallies is part of the Obama job creation plan?

marekschwarz33
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
This is what the movement should be about. True capitalism is not the problem, it is the solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cp_DyfiRU

AUTaxMan
10-11-2011, 03:13 PM
This is what the movement should be about. True capitalism is not the problem, it is the solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cp_DyfiRU

That's what the tea party has been about from the beginning.

mikesilvia
10-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Great video! I love it when people us facts and research to back up their arguments. I've always considered myself a Libertarian and this guy is right up my alley. I'm heading to Amizon.com and buying all those books he mentioned!