PDA

View Full Version : Obama Jobs Bill Likely To Face Defeat in Senate

duane1969
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Gotta say, I am surprised the Senate would kill this.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/11/politics/jobs-bill/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I found this interesting...

Asked last week if he is laying the groundwork to run against a "do-nothing Congress" -- a reprise of President Harry Truman's 1948 campaign -- Obama told reporters: "If Congress does something, then I can't run against a do-nothing Congress."

How would he blame a "do-nothing" Congress if it is the Senate that kills this?

pghin08
10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't think Republicans like teachers. I've decided that much.

mrveggieman
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM

Without teachers were would the big business owners come from? SMH

sanfran22
10-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Lol, maybe teachers unions.......

sanfran22
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Without teachers were would the big business owners come from? SMH

A lot of them from the same place they are now.

MadMan1978
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Not to correct you however, at the end of the day they might like teachers, it is the NEA they dont like.

MadMan1978
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
It will require 60 votes to move it forward....There are not 60 Dems in the Senate so not enough votes ....just more Washington Politics

Hilfiger1975
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
This is how the Country has been run for so long. Why would it change for Obama?

duane1969
10-11-2011, 02:32 PM
It will require 60 votes to move it forward....There are not 60 Dems in the Senate so not enough votes ....just more Washington Politics

No evidence supports a claim that this is partisan politics. The Dems hold 53 seats so they would only need 7 Republicans to come along, something they usually have no trouble getting. If the bill was of true value then it would pass.

My guess is that when this comes to a vote you will be surprised to see some Dems voting NO as well.

pghin08
10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
No evidence supports a claim that this is partisan politics. The Dems hold 53 seats so they would only need 7 Republicans to come along, something they usually have no trouble getting. If the bill was of true value then it would pass.

My guess is that when this comes to a vote you will be surprised to see some Dems voting NO as well.

That's so cute. If this were the case, most of us would have no problem with the way Congress runs the show.

MadMan1978
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM

Duane no disrespect but please...really?

Do you honest think that?

IMO If this Bill passes the Republicans and the tea baggers are worried about defeating him in 2012...

duane1969
10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
By their own words they expect to lose 2-4 Dem votes. If they get no votes from the Republican side there is a chance it fail to even get a 50% vote because of the Dems who cross the aisle.

In an interview with MSNBC's Chuck Todd on Tuesday morning, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) hinted that some Democrats will probably vote no.

"We're likely to lose two, three, four Democrats," Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) told Chicago's WTTW TV on Monday. When asked on Tuesday how many Democrats will support the president's plan, Durbin spokesman Max Gleischman said that "the vast majority" will back it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/how-many-democrats-will-vote-against-obamas-jobs-bill/246480/

Just this morning Dem pollster Stanley Greenberg warned moderate Dems against not voting on party lines.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2011/10/11/voting_no_on_jobs_bill_will_hurt_moderate_dems_265 210.html

AUTaxMan
10-11-2011, 08:25 PM
His plan is a joke. That's why even the Senate won't vote for it. It is just another stimulus plan that will fail like its predecessors.