PDA

View Full Version : Who signed Anwar Al Awlakis death warrant?

mrveggieman
10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/who-signed-anwar-al-awlakis-death-warrant/2011/10/10/gIQAOnb3aL_story.html?hpid=z2

angel0430
10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
I really don't care who signed the paper. He was the enemy and needed to be eliminated. Ron Paul is a joke. He is saying that he is an american citizen but he is spreading the word that americans are the enemy. People need to stop complainng about this stuff and move on. If we ever have another 9/11 then they are going to be complaining that we did not do anything.

andrewhoya
10-11-2011, 05:19 PM
I really don't care who signed the paper. He was the enemy and needed to be eliminated. Ron Paul is a joke. He is saying that he is an american citizen but he is spreading the word that americans are the enemy. People need to stop complainng about this stuff and move on. If we ever have another 9/11 then they are going to be complaining that we did not do anything.

The Americans are the enemy. Are you going to kill me now, too?

GeddonM3
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
The Americans are the enemy. Are you going to kill me now, too?

really thats all he ever said? im pretty sure he made some serious threats against this country, he committed treason against this country, was in fine tune with many Islamic terrorists and thats not good enough for you?

honestly a man with his connections and capabilities its better off he is gone. the last thing we needed was to bring his butt back here, put him on trial and have the chance of some crazed Islamic Awlaki supporter blow himself up outside the court house.

is that what you want? come on think this through. hes better off being killed over there, it saves us tax dollars and probably lives.

andrewhoya
10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
really thats all he ever said? im pretty sure he made some serious threats against this country, he committed treason against this country, was in fine tune with many Islamic terrorists and thats not good enough for you?

honestly a man with his connections and capabilities its better off he is gone. the last thing we needed was to bring his butt back here, put him on trial and have the chance of some crazed Islamic Awlaki supporter blow himself up outside the court house.

is that what you want? come on think this through. hes better off being killed over there, it saves us tax dollars and probably lives.

Was simply joking around.

GeddonM3
10-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Was simply joking around.

lol ive really gotta get better at spotting out sarcasm on the net lol.

andrewhoya
10-11-2011, 08:20 PM
lol ive really gotta get better at spotting out sarcasm on the net lol.

If you stick around the P/R boards, you'll see that it gets easier to spot jokes :):

AUTaxMan
10-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Not sure, but I'd like to shake his hand.

pghin08
10-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I see the argument. He's (technically) an American, and every American is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

However, there's no denying how dangerous this man was. If I had to choose between killing him and waiting until he helped coordinate another attack to prosecute him, I'd have killed him too. And that runs against my normal belief structure.

mrveggieman
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Assuming he is guilty of what he is accused of he should subject to an eye for an eye treatment since he is committing a hate crime. However I am still concerned about the way this was handled since he is a US citizen and has not had the chance to stand trial and face his accusers in a court of law. I have mixed views on this. It is kind of setting a dangerous preccedent.

duane1969
10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Option B was to try and capture him. Was the reward worth the risk? Was putting him on trial worth risking American troops getting killed? These people do not give up, they want to be a martyr. He would have gone down fighting and probably killed someone along the way.

Whats more, doing it this way will make other terrorist lose a little sleep. Not knowing when death will come for them might be a little bit of an inhibitor to their actions and plans. A little terror for the terrorist, if you will.

angel0430
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
We also need to realize that I am sure that he has not been the only american killed by americans. But he was a famous one because of this threats and connections. And he is not going to be the last.

GeddonM3
10-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Option B was to try and capture him. Was the reward worth the risk? Was putting him on trial worth risking American troops getting killed? These people do not give up, they want to be a martyr. He would have gone down fighting and probably killed someone along the way.

Whats more, doing it this way will make other terrorist lose a little sleep. Not knowing when death will come for them might be a little bit of an inhibitor to their actions and plans. A little terror for the terrorist, if you will.

exactly, we had the chance to do a quick bombing and take him out, no troops needed to lose their life on the ground for him, why give people like him and his following the satisfaction?

plus lets not forget he himself chose to do what he did, he put himself in that situation and chose his side.

theonedru
10-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Assuming he is guilty of what he is accused of he should subject to an eye for an eye treatment since he is committing a hate crime. However I am still concerned about the way this was handled since he is a US citizen and has not had the chance to stand trial and face his accusers in a court of law. I have mixed views on this. It is kind of setting a dangerous preccedent.

The death squads run by whoever runs it can kill anyone anyone deemed a threat, foreigner or American everyone is fair game if need be. This group should scare the daylights out of everyone, not for the fact they exist but the fact they do not have to answer to the government (hence the people) for their actions. No group should have this type of power in this country.

duane1969
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
The death squads run by whoever runs it can kill anyone anyone deemed a threat, foreigner or American everyone is fair game if need be. This group should scare the daylights out of everyone, not for the fact they exist but the fact they do not have to answer to the government (hence the people) for their actions. No group should have this type of power in this country.

What did they do? They killed an enemy combatant. I don't care if he was born in the USA or not. He put himself in the position to be a major cog in the terror business. He trained terrorist, he assisted terrorist in planning their attack, he motivated people to be terrorist, he was a terrorist and he was killed in a hostile country in the midst of a war. Tough break, perhaps he should have chosen a different life path.