PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Olive Garden will not fly US flag

mrveggieman
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Here's a little something that is going to stir up a lot of emotion. For your viewing pleasure:

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2011/10/12/olive-garden-says-no-to-u-s-flag/?cxntlid=thbz_hm

duane1969
10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Sounds to me like a simple case of some idiot with their own agenda refusing to allow it. Olive Garden says they have no policy against the flag.

pghin08
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Why did she want to bring it in anyways? Olive Garden has a right to display what they want to.

Hilfiger1975
10-12-2011, 04:17 PM
P.S. Olive Garden's food is horribad...

duane1969
10-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Why did she want to bring it in anyways? Olive Garden has a right to display what they want to.

I believe that her group had reserved a portion of the restuarant and wanted to hang their banner in that area. According to the response by Olive Garden they have no problem with it. It was an employee, most likely some overzealous assistant manager needing to flex their liberal muscle and protect the rights of those who may be offended by the sight of an American flag.

Shut your mouth :fighting0056:

andrewhoya
10-12-2011, 08:30 PM

Breadsticks are amazing.

But in regards to the article........:bored:

theonedru
10-13-2011, 05:16 AM
sounds like a slow news day to me

mrveggieman
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM
I like olive garden's food. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I always order the eggplant parsmesean w/o cheese. But getting back to the topic at hand I respect olive garden's decision not to be bullied in to putting up a flag if that particular store didn't want one up. Some of us like to go out with our families for a nice dining experience and not to have someone's politicial/religious beliefs thrown up in our face. (I get plenty of that here). What's next someone is going to have a fit because a place of public accomodation will not allow them to post a crucifix for everyone to see?

duane1969
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
I like olive garden's food. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I always order the eggplant parsmesean w/o cheese. But getting back to the topic at hand I respect olive garden's decision not to be bullied in to putting up a flag if that particular store didn't want one up. Some of us like to go out with our families for a nice dining experience and not to have someone's politicial/religious beliefs thrown up in our face. (I get plenty of that here). What's next someone is going to have a fit because a place of public accomodation will not allow them to post a crucifix for everyone to see?

So you find the American flag offensive? There was no religious or political statement.

And how do you turn a dumb story about some employee who is probably already fired by now into a debate about religion? Someone hanging an American flag and someone hanging a cross are entirely different points.

Don't take this post OT.

mrveggieman
10-13-2011, 11:10 AM
So you find the American flag offensive? There was no religious or political statement.

And how do you turn a dumb story about some employee who is probably already fired by now into a debate about religion? Someone hanging an American flag and someone hanging a cross are entirely different points.

Don't take this post OT.

Not trying to take the post off topic but it's the same principal. Olive garden is a family restaurant designed to serve all people regardles of their color, nationality, religion, etc. The american flag just like a cross are 2 symbols that mean different things to different people. Some people are indefferent to them but most people either love them or hate them. Olive garden wanted to keep their restaurants a comfortable place for all of their patrons regardless of their personal beliefs. I see nothing at all wrong with that.

duane1969
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Not trying to take the post off topic but it's the same principal. Olive garden is a family restaurant designed to serve all people regardles of their color, nationality, religion, etc. The american flag just like a cross are 2 symbols that mean different things to different people. Some people are indefferent to them but most people either love them or hate them. Olive garden wanted to keep their restaurants a comfortable place for all of their patrons regardless of their personal beliefs. I see nothing at all wrong with that.

You keep saying that Olive Garden didn't allow the flag to be shown but your own source contradicts that. It was an Olive Garden employee who was acting on their own behalf. Olive Garden made a clear statement that they have no issue with the flag being displayed. It was an employee that spoke for their own interest and not that of the establishment.

And if someone is offended by the sight of the American flag, tough, this is America. The idea that someone would be offended by the sight of our flag is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard.

sanfran22
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM
You keep saying that Olive Garden didn't allow the flag to be shown but your own source contradicts that. It was an Olive Garden employee who was acting on their own behalf. Olive Garden made a clear statement that they have no issue with the flag being displayed. It was an employee that spoke for their own interest and not that of the establishment.

And if someone is offended by the sight of the American flag, tough, this is America. The idea that someone would be offended by the sight of our flag is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard.

Agreed, there was nothing religious or political about it. It was patriotic.

angel0430
10-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Any one in the States that gets offended by the sight of the American Flag should be burn at the stick. You call yourself american but get offended by our flag????

theonedru
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Any one in the States that gets offended by the sight of the American Flag should be burn at the stick. You call yourself american but get offended by our flag????

There's commenting, there's stating an opinion and then there's violent comments like this, you should know better than to post something like this. It is totally unacceptable.

angel0430
10-13-2011, 04:52 PM
There's commenting, there's stating an opinion and then there's violent comments like this, you should know better than to post something like this. It is totally unacceptable.

WOW....really?

theonedru
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
WOW....really?

Well what makes you think this is not a violation of SCF's P&R rules policy

angel0430
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Well what makes you think this is not a violation of SCF's P&R rules policy

Dude, if you think that I violated the rules of the Forum, give me an infraction. I just stated my opinion and you seem to be the only one offended by it. It was a discussion where i posted my opi ion without being disrespectful and you come in and threaten me that it might be a rule violation. If that is the case, do your job and give me the infraction.

And learn to have a sense of humor.

And I guess you calling smokers ridicoulous is the proper way?

NyFanCam01
10-13-2011, 05:42 PM

:rolleyes:

really???!!
it is amazing IMO

theonedru
10-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Dude, if you think that I violated the rules of the Forum, give me an infraction. I just stated my opinion and you seem to be the only one offended by it. It was a discussion where i posted my opi ion without being disrespectful and you come in and threaten me that it might be a rule violation. If that is the case, do your job and give me the infraction.

And learn to have a sense of humor.

And I guess you calling smokers ridicoulous is the proper way?

its one thing to state that people that smoke electronic cigarettes look silly doing it, thats an opinion and saying what you said, its violent and not funny at all, not please let the issue go and lets go on with the ot.

AUTaxMan
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM

I don't think he literally means that he wants to burn people at the stake.

angel0430
10-13-2011, 06:26 PM

Thank you

theonedru
10-13-2011, 07:46 PM

Possibly, but I have donated time & resources to hospitals and If you ever spent extensive time in burn unit you would see how not funny this is.

Hilfiger1975
10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
:rolleyes:

really???!!
it is amazing IMO
You must have never been to a real Italian restaurant. My grandmother was full-blooded Sicilian and her food was amazing...everything was homemade...

Hilfiger1975
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
its one thing to state that people that smoke electronic cigarettes look silly doing it, thats an opinion and saying what you said, its violent and not funny at all, not please let the issue go and lets go on with the ot.
No, the the original poster commented on how he smoke's ecigs and then you followed with a commenting saying how people that smoke them look ridiculous...so in reality you was saying that the original poster looks ridiculous smoking ecigs...which is a personal attack...

Here's an example:

You making a post about how you bought a corvette and love driving it. And then for me to make a post saying how people who drive corvettes look ridiculous...

Hilfiger1975
10-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Possibly, but I have donated time & resources to hospitals and If you ever spent extensive time in burn unit you would see how not funny this is.
So is that why YOU and ONLY you took offense to what he said? I don't think a lot of people agree with your views on american soldiers, but we still have to hear your opinion about it...no matter how sick it makes a few of us...i think when you keep bringing rules up i think you need to take a hard look in the mirror on how you post especially be a mod on this site...

To be honest i tried to put you on ignore yesterday, but i can't because you are a mod...is there anyway i can change that and who do i talk to?

AUTaxMan
10-13-2011, 08:15 PM

Not possibly. He said that's not what he meant, and no reasonable person would have concluded otherwise.

Hilfiger1975
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Not possibly. He said that's not what he meant, and no reasonable person would have concluded otherwise.
He distorted a comment i made about a female teacher and he's doing the same thing with angel...

sanfran22
10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Anyways, Olive gardens food is good if you like bland , out of the box food. I personally think it sucks. Only thing I can eat there is salad and breadsticks. It's like the red lobster is to seafood....Blahhhhhhhhhh

Hilfiger1975
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Anyways, Olive gardens food is good if you like bland , out of the box food. I personally think it sucks. Only thing I can eat there is salad and breadsticks. It's like the red lobster is to seafood....Blahhhhhhhhhh
You ever been to Nino's in North Ridgeville, Ohio?

andrewhoya
10-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I just realized that this title is really misleading.

sanfran22
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
You ever been to Nino's in North Ridgeville, Ohio?
No, I'm all the way out in Kent...I take it it's good??

Hilfiger1975
10-14-2011, 07:13 AM
No, I'm all the way out in Kent...I take it it's good??
I recommend it for a Italian restaurant...

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 09:07 AM

Wow people really got all hot and bothered over this one. I hope and pray that the poster didn't mean this literally. The flag just like a cross is an object not a person. Some people hold one if not both of them with a high regard and and they have every right to do so. Some people couldn't care less about either one of them and that is there right to do so. Some people are offended by the sight of either one of them and that is their right as well. No one should be burned at the stake for how they feel about a non living object. That punishment should be reserved for child rapists, mass murderers and people who commit hate crimes.

angel0430
10-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow people really got all hot and bothered over this one. I hope and pray that the poster didn't mean this literally. The flag just like a cross is an object not a person. Some people hold one if not both of them with a high regard and and they have every right to do so. Some people couldn't care less about either one of them and that is there right to do so. Some people are offended by the sight of either one of them and that is their right as well. No one should be burned at the stake for how they feel about a non living object. That punishment should be reserved for child rapists, mass murderers and people who commit hate crimes.

So you are call your self "american" but think that the american flag is just an "object". Well, that is a shame.

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
So you are call your self "american" but think that the american flag is just an "object". Well, that is a shame.

I worship God not a piece of cloth.

ensbergcollector
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
living in america and being repulsed by the flag is like going to church when you despise God.

texansrangerfan73
10-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I worship God not a piece of cloth.

I worship God & stand for the Flag!!!

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 12:12 PM
living in america and being repulsed by the flag is like going to church when you despise God.

Some people are indeed repulsed by the flag, I am not one of them. I just take it for what it is a piece of cloth that cannot feed me, put clothes on my back or heal me when I'm sick.

sanfran22
10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Some people are indeed repulsed by the flag, I am not one of them. I just take it for what it is a piece of cloth that cannot feed me, put clothes on my back or heal me when I'm sick.

Actually, that flag has fed you, clothed you and healed you. You should thank God everyday that you were privileged to be an American........

Hilfiger1975
10-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Who made you God to judge another man actions? Since you want to get technical...

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Actually, that flag has fed you, clothed you and healed you. You should thank God everyday that you were privileged to be an American........

How can you claim to be a christian but put so much emphasis in an idol object? Please quote the verse in the bible where it says that I should salute the flag of treat in the same manner that I would treat God.

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Who made you God to judge another man actions? Since you want to get technical...

You right I am not God and only God has the right to judge but I do stand by what I said that child molesters, people who commit hate crimes, and mass murderers deserve an eye for an eye or worse. If I am wrong for feeling that way then God will deal with me accordingly.

Hilfiger1975
10-14-2011, 12:31 PM
How can you claim to be a christian but put so much emphasis in an idol object? Please quote the verse in the bible where it says that I should salute the flag of treat in the same manner that I would treat God.
You are aware the Bible is full of parables, correct?

Hilfiger1975
10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
You right I am not God and only God has the right to judge but I do stand by what I said that child molesters, people who commit hate crimes, and mass murderers deserve an eye for an eye or worse. If I am wrong for feeling that way then God will deal with me accordingly.
I was just being "neutral" Ned...:winking0071:

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
You are aware the Bible is full of parables, correct?

Yes sir I am and I stand by what I said. I don't have a problem with the flag but I give it no special powers. I don't end my prayers in the flag's name.

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I was just being "neutral" Ned...:winking0071:

Gotcha. :kiss:

Hilfiger1975
10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes sir I am and I stand by what I said. I don't have a problem with the flag but I give it no special powers. I don't end my prayers in the flag's name.
I respect you for standing by your beliefs. I don't necessarily agree with them all...

Yours Truly,
Devil's Advocate :winking0071:

sanfran22
10-14-2011, 12:43 PM

You missed my point.

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I respect you for standing by your beliefs. I don't necessarily agree with them all...

Yours Truly,
Devil's Advocate :winking0071:

Thanks. I really appreciate that coming from you. :kiss:

Star_Cards
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not seeing why she was so offended. The article doesn't really say where she wanted to display this flag. Was it on a flag pole or did she want to hang it on the wall. Seems like if it wasn't on a display flag pole then how did she think they'd let her put it on a wall. Did she expect them to let her tack it up? The fact that they wouldn't let her display a flag was probably no different than if she wanted to display a large photo or banner. This has nothing to do with a lack of patriotism in my opinion.

Star_Cards
10-17-2011, 06:10 PM
You must have never been to a real Italian restaurant. My grandmother was full-blooded Sicilian and her food was amazing...everything was homemade...

heck yeah!! If you want Real Italian... Real Fast you take yourself on over to Fazolli's.

Star_Cards
10-17-2011, 06:12 PM

as an up and coming mass murderer this offends me.

Hilfiger1975
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
heck yeah!! If you want Real Italian... Real Fast you take yourself on over to Fazolli's.
Sadly, i've never ate there...

/sad panda

Hilfiger1975
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
as an up and coming mass murderer this offends me.
lol...

Star_Cards
10-17-2011, 06:17 PM

/sad panda

lol. don't.

Hilfiger1975
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
lol. don't.
Gotcha...:winking0071:

sanfran22
10-17-2011, 08:42 PM

/sad panda
While fazolis is ok at best, I don't consider it remotely real italian lol....