PDA

View Full Version : Cain Wins Latest Poll

duane1969
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Drawn by Cain's blunt, folksy style in recent debates, 27 percent of Republican primary voters picked him as their first choice for the nomination, a jump of 22 percentage points from six weeks ago.

Romney held firm in second place at 23 percent, his same share as in a Journal poll in late August, while Perry plummeted to 16 percent, from 38 percent in August.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/12/cain-vaults-to-lead-in-poll/

pghin08
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I still doubt he'll win the nomination.

tylermckinzie
10-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Polls at this point are rather pointless.... at this time during the last Presidential election (fall 2007 leading up to 2008) the two Republican frontrunners were Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani. It gives people something to talk about, but means absolutely nothing in the big picture.

pghin08
10-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Fred Thompson! I forgot about him!

sanfran22
10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Polls at this point are rather pointless.... at this time during the last Presidential election (fall 2007 leading up to 2008) the two Republican frontrunners were Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani. It gives people something to talk about, but means absolutely nothing in the big picture.

I could have lived with Fred Thompson. If we got any lip from wacko foreign countries, he just jump in a sub and exact justice....:party0048::party0053:

andrewhoya
10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I still doubt he'll win the nomination.

Me too. I hope he doesn't.

AUTaxMan
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Well, the primaries are getting very close. Some may be in december. That's not that far off.

andrewhoya
10-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Well, the primaries are getting very close. Some may be in december. That's not that far off.

Still a good two months. Remember Perry's lead last month? Stuff changes quickly.

AUTaxMan
10-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Still a good two months. Remember Perry's lead last month? Stuff changes quickly.

That's true, but Perry's lead was based on nothing more than media hype. Once we got to see who he is, he was proven to be a dud. Cain's momentum is based on repeated successful performances in these "debates." I think he's in it for the long haul. Even if he loses the primary to Romney, he would be a great VP choice IMO.

duane1969
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
That's true, but Perry's lead was based on nothing more than media hype. Once we got to see who he is, he was proven to be a dud. Cain's momentum is based on repeated successful performances in these "debates." I think he's in it for the long haul. Even if he loses the primary to Romney, he would be a great VP choice IMO.

At this point Cain is getting my vote. If nothing else I think it is time for a leader that doesn't have deep ties and debts owed to a political party. One of my biggest fears of Obama was that he would be a party puppet. I think part of me sees Romney as pretty much the same.

tylermckinzie
10-13-2011, 06:40 PM

The Calendar may so primaries are getting close, but history says it doesn't mean anything.

Oct. 13 2007 Poll Average
Giuliani 30.2%
Thompson 19.5%
Eventual winner McCain 13%

Oct. 15 2003 Poll Average (Democrats were challenging incumbent)
Wesley Clark 17%
Howard Dean 15%
Joe Lieberman 14%
Eventual winner John Kerry 5th at 8%

sanfran22
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
At this point Cain is getting my vote. If nothing else I think it is time for a leader that doesn't have deep ties and debts owed to a political party. One of my biggest fears of Obama was that he would be a party puppet. I think part of me sees Romney as pretty much the same.
Cain is a fresh, non politician type. I hope he get's a position somewhere.

mrveggieman
10-14-2011, 08:11 AM

What politician isn't a puppet of their party? If you think that cain wont have have to answer to the powers that be within the republican party then you have another thing coming.

pghin08
10-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I could see Cain in Romney's cabinet somewhere if Romney would win the WH.

duane1969
10-14-2011, 11:03 AM
What politician isn't a puppet of their party? If you think that cain wont have have to answer to the powers that be within the republican party then you have another thing coming.

The difference is Obama was being puppeted once he entered the Senate. Cain is an outsider coming in. Hopefully he won't have the same party obligations and personal favors owed that Obama had when he entered office.

And if Cain were to win POTUS as a Republican, he would be the "powers that be" in the Republican party.

That is the difference between the Democrat and Republican party. When a Republican wins POTUS he becomes Numero Uno of the GOP. When a Democrat wins POTUS people like Pelosi and Reid still pull the strings and control Washington while the Pres. looks confused and tries to figure out what went wrong.

pghin08
10-14-2011, 11:23 AM
The difference is Obama was being puppeted once he entered the Senate. Cain is an outsider coming in. Hopefully he won't have the same party obligations and personal favors owed that Obama had when he entered office.

And if Cain were to win POTUS as a Republican, he would be the "powers that be" in the Republican party.

That is the difference between the Democrat and Republican party. When a Republican wins POTUS he becomes Numero Uno of the GOP. When a Democrat wins POTUS people like Pelosi and Reid still pull the strings and control Washington while the Pres. looks confused and tries to figure out what went wrong.

That's the way Clinton was until he won his second term. Then he really started running the show. To a point, you're right though.