PDA

View Full Version : mailman a thief?

jdawg
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
well i recently had an issue with an ebay package i bought the d/c number said it was delivered but i didnt get it..turns out neighbor had the same thing happen on a purchase from amazon same week i had mine gone...come to find out we had a substitute mail carrier all week and she was makring them as delivered then keeping them..so i hope to anyone i sent cards out to that they arrived safely..i havent had any complaints yet but i do print my own postage and stick in mailbox..i had only 3 packages go out last week or so so i should be fine...anyone else experience this type of thing?

TurdFerguson
10-13-2011, 07:24 PM
This is a perfect example of why DC is completely worthless. It only takes an unhonest person, or a person that can't read and delivers the package to the wrong house. The DC was still scanned, so you're still out of luck.

jdawg
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
yeah it was only a 30 dollar card...so its not like im at a huge loss...i just wanted to let people know in case they experience this type of thing..so its not a you didnt send or a you got it and are lying..sometimes the person does send it and the other person really doesnt get it lol

theonedru
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
It may be just $30 card to you but what they did was a felony I hope you pressed charges

jdawg
10-13-2011, 10:09 PM
i didnt press charges because it seems like to much of a hassle..but my neighbor isnt as nice as i am..i really think she was going to pursue something. i heard the lady was put on administrative...

theonedru
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Its amazing how many people have stuff stolen from them and do nothing about it. You need to press charges if youdon't and they steal again then that makes you just a guilty as them because you let...

jdawg
10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
those are strong words...its not my responsibility to take a criminal off the streets..thats a cops job..i notified them and the postal inspector.its not up to me to take the law into my own hands..i...

TrixStar
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I kind of see your point but how would you even prove a mailman is stealing things?

jdawg
10-14-2011, 12:59 AM
they wouldnt tell me how they knew but i assume they had some kind of evidence..im just glad she isnt my fulltime mail person. they had 2 complaints im aware of and im sure if they got more and narrowed it down to the original mailman isnt on the route and x-amount of complaints come in about it its an easy assumption..im guessing thats why she got put on leave and hasnt been fired yet..if they have evidence and not just complaints then im sure she will be fired...but i dont know..my item wasnt insured and when i asked they said there is no way to prove the cost of what was in tha package..i asked the tracking is connected to the item on both sites and they said nothing they could do without insurance lol as much as it pisses me off its just lesson learned..they did however tell me if the original mailman is on vacation or sick or gone they would hold my mail and deliver it when he is back or i could pick it up

ajw9356
10-14-2011, 01:06 AM
CMB in the Stolen Card folder for the my last stolen cards, it sucks when people do that stuff. I still don't know when or how mine disappeared.

myers39
10-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Years ago I had a package I sent out on a trade with DC, and checking the tracking on it, it said it was delivered. But the trader said he never received it. Then months later the package came back to me stamped undeliverable.

jdawg
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
well i ended up going to the cops when 60 jordan legacies i had in an unofficial trade ended up missing as well..and the deputy basically told me to leave it be, she had been fired and he wanted me to leave sleeping dogs lying..so i instantly thought he was a relative or sleeping with her..so i asked to speak to his higher up and he wasnt there but i got the dont call us we will call you feeling about this situation...some cops are definately scandalous, and you bet your rear ill be calling until i get the chief now..that makes me madder then the actual mailman stealing

JBpatches
10-26-2011, 11:56 AM
During the summer I had a new mailman.. I guess my regular one was on vacation. I was expecting a couple packages from ebay with dc, I checked and they were marked "delivered" but I never got them. So that night I went on usps.com and filled a complaint, the next day the package arrived.. this happened TWICE during the summer.. all with the substitute mailman and hasn't happened since.

Chicagodave
10-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Did you file a report at your local post office or a police report since " thief" is a strong word?

jdawg
10-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Did you file a report at your local post office or a police report since " thief" is a strong word?

did you read anything or just post? lol both...and she has already been fired for theft of multiple items from her time as a fill in mailman.which makes her a thief

dherm360
10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
well i ended up going to the cops when 60 jordan legacies i had in an unofficial trade ended up missing as well..and the deputy basically told me to leave it be, she had been fired and he wanted me to leave sleeping dogs lying..so i instantly thought he was a relative or sleeping with her..so i asked to speak to his higher up and he wasnt there but i got the dont call us we will call you feeling about this situation...some cops are definately scandalous, and you bet your rear ill be calling until i get the chief now..that makes me madder then the actual mailman stealing

So you did file a complaint in this case after a second package was missing? This would be a federal case and go through the post office to see what your avenues are going to be, let us know what they say.
Best of luck, heck maybe as part of the plea you can get your cards back

jdawg
10-27-2011, 08:31 PM
the sick part of this all is one of the packages was a surprise gift for my buddy daniel alba here on this site and was 60 jordan legacy cards he needed for his set..but im definately gonna pursue this now..i dont even care what its gonna cost me its about principle now lol

theonedru
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
the sick part of this all is one of the packages was a surprise gift for my buddy daniel alba here on this site and was 60 jordan legacy cards he needed for his set..but im definately gonna pursue this now..i dont even care what its gonna cost me its about principle now lol

They will be responsible for all your costs in the end it wont cost you a cent

Chicagodave
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I understand you said she lost her job and you keep calling her a thief, yet you never filed a suit against her court.

jdawg
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
i let the cops do their jobs, and i let the postal service do their jobs..im in the process of pressing charges..then once those go thru if i still feel like pushing it then and only then after a...