PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Robinson auto

eposk23
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, hopefully pretty soon i'll be trading for a JSA certified Jackie Robinson cut auto. I'm gonna send it in to PSA for grading and i think the auto and the paper it's on will be a gem 10 or at least 9. What's the market value for something like that? I've seen his autos sold on ebay over the past month or so but nothing is that similar to this. They're all in worse condition or pulled from a box of cards.

ps What are all the different names and abbreviations for values? Like I know book value is bv and I've seen another one but I forget what it was.

Thanks!

jbrian96
10-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Cant answer your question about the auto, but could the abbreviation your talking about be SV? Which is "sale value"

eposk23
10-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Cant answer your question about the auto, but could the abbreviation your talking about be SV? Which is "sale value"
yeah that's probably it. thanks!

Vegas
10-17-2011, 01:26 PM
If the Robinson auto comes back at a 9 or 10, you'd be looking at a value around $900 - $1,000 (more if it grades a 10). A PSA/DNA slabbed Robinson auto graded 9 recently sold for $900 on eBay, so that is what I'm using to base the value on. Book value has no meaning to me, I much prefer to look at recent sales to gauge the true value of an item.