PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry's Anti Morman message

mrveggieman
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/perry-camp-anti-mormon-message-011400919.html

duane1969
10-17-2011, 02:40 PM
This should get Perry the presidency. When Obama was linked to an extremist preacher it was no big deal (at least to those who voted for him). No reason why Perry being linked to an racist/bigoted idiot minister shouldn't have the same effect.

mrveggieman
10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
This should get Perry the presidency. When Obama was linked to an extremist preacher it was no big deal (at least to those who voted for him). No reason why Perry being linked to an racist/bigoted idiot minister shouldn't have the same effect.

Just like it wont matter to herman cain supporters that he has extreme anti muslim views.

duane1969
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Just like it wont matter to herman cain supporters that he has extreme anti muslim views.

So who do conservatives have permission from the liberals to support? Cain doesn't love Muslims enough, Perry doesn't love Mormons enough, Bachmann doesn't love anybody enough...

Question: Did you have as much of a problem with Obama and his ties to racist Jeremiah Wright?

mrveggieman
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
So who do conservatives have permission from the liberals to support? Cain doesn't love Muslims enough, Perry doesn't love Mormons enough, Bachmann doesn't love anybody enough...

Question: Did you have as much of a problem with Obama and his ties to racist Jeremiah Wright?

You have to right to support/vote for any elgible canidate of your choosing. The only thing that I and the so called liberals that you speak of ask is that you vote for the best man/woman for the job regardless of their race/religion/gender or any other trivial matter. I'm a little confused about you conservatives and the obama/wright connection. First you say that President Obama is a muslim but then you say that he gets spiritial guidance from a racist christian minister. Will you please make up your mind?

duane1969
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
You have to right to support/vote for any elgible canidate of your choosing. The only thing that I and the so called liberals that you speak of ask is that you vote for the best man/woman for the job regardless of their race/religion/gender or any other trivial matter. I'm a little confused about you conservatives and the obama/wright connection. First you say that President Obama is a muslim but then you say that he gets spiritial guidance from a racist christian minister. Will you please make up your mind?

I never said he was a Muslim. However, I can see where that idea came from. His father was Muslim, his name is amazing close to that of the most famous Muslim terrorist in world history...I can see where people came up with that idea. My honest opinion is that he isn't religious.

I repeat. Do you/did you have an issue with Obama attending Wright's church and listening to Wright's anti-white and anti-America sermons?

mrveggieman
10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
I never said he was a Muslim. However, I can see where that idea came from. His father was Muslim, his name is amazing close to that of the most famous Muslim terrorist in world history...I can see where people came up with that idea. My honest opinion is that he isn't religious.

I repeat. Do you/did you have an issue with Obama attending Wright's church and listening to Wright's anti-white and anti-America sermons?

People go to churches/mosques/synagouges/temples all the time, listen to the preacher then leave if they don't like what he is talking about. Do you have proof that Obama is actively involved with anti-white and or anti-america sermons?

ensbergcollector
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
People go to churches/mosques/synagouges/temples all the time, listen to the preacher then leave if they don't like what he is talking about. Do you have proof that Obama is actively involved with anti-white and or anti-america sermons?

are you kidding me? he went to the church for years and referred to wright as his spiritual advisor

sanfran22
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
I think someone here needs to go and study up a bit on the guy he blindly supports....

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I think someone here needs to go and study up a bit on the guy he blindly supports....

Sounds like someone should take their own advice. :winking0071:

pghin08
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't really think this effects how Perry would run the country.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
So what's the issue here?

pghin08
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
So what's the issue here?

Rick Perry's camp is going to play the Mormon card against Romney. I'm utterly flabbergasted by this development....or not.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Rick Perry's camp is going to play the Mormon card against Romney. I'm utterly flabbergasted by this development....or not.

Who cares?

pghin08
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Who cares?

I fully figured he would. Perry's poll numbers are down? Have your team remind the Evangelical Christians that Mitt Romney is a Mormon.

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I fully figured he would. Perry's poll numbers are down? Have your team remind the Evangelical Christians that Mitt Romney is a Mormon.

Conservative republican politics at its finest.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM

He could much more effectively attack Romney for being a big-government republican instead of being a Mormon.

duane1969
10-18-2011, 09:14 AM

Do you have proof that Perry is actively involved in anti-Mormon activities?

And I repeat: Do/did you have issue with Obama attending Wright's church when Wright's messages are strewn with racist and anti-America messages?

You have never answered my question. You just keep responding with a question.

pghin08
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
He could much more effectively attack Romney for being a big-government republican instead of being a Mormon.

With the amount of people in this country that vote on faith, I think Perry attacking Romney for being a Mormon is very effective.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM

And I repeat: Do/did you have issue with Obama attending Wright's church when Wright's messages are strewn with racist and anti-America messages?

He has no answer for the Wright question. He will not answer it.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
With the amount of people in this country that vote on faith, I think Perry attacking Romney for being a Mormon is very effective.

It will turn off just as many voters as it will sway.

duane1969
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Conservative republican politics at its finest.

Yes, because liberals always run a clean campaign and never make a big deal out of a small thing just to try and smear someone and win a campaign...gimmee a freakin break.

One only needs to look as far as Hillary vs. Obama to see an example of how quickly liberals will eat each other alive during a campaign.

pghin08
10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
It will turn off just as many voters as it will sway.

Who is it turning off?

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM

I have provided my proof. I'm not going to speak on rumors or inuindo.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM

Is this unbiased enough for you?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4468664&page=1

duane1969
10-18-2011, 09:27 AM

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 09:59 AM

Crickets. I suggest that none of us engage with mrv until he answers this question.

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Is this unbiased enough for you?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4468664&page=1

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Site/byline_abcnews.gif [/URL]

(http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4468664&page=1#)

[URL="http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4468664&page=1#"] (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4468664&page=1#)

Share (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4468664&page=1#)

75 Comments
Print
Text Size
- (javascript:void(0);) / + (javascript:void(0);)

By MADDY SAUER and REHAB EL-BURI
March 18, 2008

Hey mrtaxman can you please join the rest of us in the year 2011? Or better yet it will be 2012 pretty soon.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 10:12 AM
veggieman isn't responding because while he may not say it, he agrees with reverand wright. i know it. even if he denies it, don't trust him. i know he is anti-white just like obama's spiritual advisor.

pghin08
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
veggieman isn't responding because while he may not say it, he agrees with reverand wright. I know it. Even if he denies it, don't trust him. I know he is anti-white just like obama's spiritual advisor.

Whoa. Sorry, I've gotta come to his defense here. He's never said anything that's really anti-white to me. He's just as critical of Herman Cain as Rick Perry. Anti-Republican? Yeah, a bit. But not racist.

And why shouldn't I believe or trust him? Do you know some kind of deep dark secret about MVM?

Sorry, but your comment is totally baseless and borderline offensive.

habsheaven
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Whoa. Sorry, I've gotta come to his defense here. He's never said anything that's really anti-white to me. He's just as critical of Herman Cain as Rick Perry. Anti-Republican? Yeah, a bit. But not racist.

And why shouldn't I believe or trust him? Do you know some kind of deep dark secret about MVM?

Sorry, but your comment is totally baseless and borderline offensive.

Completely agree with you. That comment did cross the line.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 10:35 AM
ok, so obviously no one can catch sarcasm. veggieman spends half his time making claims about christians and conservatives and saying things like "they may not say it but i know they think it." I just thought it was fitting to turn the tables a little. apparently he is the only one allowed to make baseless comments. my bad.

pghin08
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
ok, so obviously no one can catch sarcasm. veggieman spends half his time making claims about christians and conservatives and saying things like "they may not say it but i know they think it." I just thought it was fitting to turn the tables a little. apparently he is the only one allowed to make baseless comments. my bad.

Gotcha. My feathers got a little ruffled there. My apologies. I was just surprised to see such incendiary rhetoric coming from such an unlikely source. My sarcasm detector must be taking a sick day.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 10:40 AM

I picked up on the irony. Mrv routinely insinuates that a few of the conservative posters here are racist and hate muslims.

habsheaven
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM

You have to put the sarcasm out there for people to catch it. There wasn't a single hint of sarcasm in that post, but nice try at backpedalling.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Gotcha. My feathers got a little ruffled there. My apologies. I was just surprised to see such incendiary rhetoric coming from such an unlikely source. My sarcasm detector must be taking a sick day.

none needed, sorry to ruffle your feathers this early in the day!

duane1969
10-18-2011, 10:44 AM

Another question as an answer.

duane1969
10-18-2011, 10:46 AM

I got it. But I am a naturally sarcastic person so maybe I just recognize it easier. LOL

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 10:46 AM
You have to put the sarcasm out there for people to catch it. There wasn't a single hint of sarcasm in that post, but nice try at backpedalling.

dude are you kidding me? no one is backpedaling. read through anything I or veggie have written in the last year. what you will find is that he routinely makes statements like the one i posted and that I have never posted anything offensive or attacking. it was 100% sarcasm. i apologize that you don't see it that way.

habsheaven
10-18-2011, 11:01 AM
dude are you kidding me? no one is backpedaling. read through anything I or veggie have written in the last year. what you will find is that he routinely makes statements like the one i posted and that I have never posted anything offensive or attacking. it was 100% sarcasm. i apologize that you don't see it that way.

See, you missed my lame attempt at sarcasm too. :winking0071:

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
See, you missed my lame attempt at sarcasm too. :winking0071:

touche...yes i did!

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
veggieman isn't responding because while he may not say it, he agrees with reverand wright. i know it. even if he denies it, don't trust him. i know he is anti-white just like obama's spiritual advisor.

How are you going to claim to be a christian minister but turn around and bear false witness against your neighboor? To be honest I'm not mad at you at all for saying what you said. You have showed your true colors about how you feel about people who don't follow your narrow way of thinking. Thank you for letting the rest of the forum know.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 11:12 AM
How are you going to claim to be a christian minister but turn around and bear false witness against your neighboor? To be honest I'm not mad at you at all for saying what you said. You have showed your true colors about how you feel about people who don't follow your narrow way of thinking. Thank you for letting the rest of the forum know.

You never answered Duane's question about Rev. Wright.

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 11:15 AM
You never answered Duane's question about Rev. Wright.

For you people who insist on beating on a dead horse, President Obama who btw has a caucasian mother and would be 1/2 white has distanced himself from Rev Wrights comments. It's real covenient that you people want to throw President Obama under the bus for the actions of another man that he distanced himself from but when one of your beloved republicans associates himself with a questionable character you like to sweep it under the rug. SMH.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM

give me a break bro. you know full well i was being sarcastic. if you didn't then i fully apologize. i was only attempting to be funny. i am sorry.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 11:22 AM
For you people who insist on beating on a dead horse, President Obama who btw has a caucasian mother and would be 1/2 white has distanced himself from Rev Wrights comments. It's real covenient that you people want to throw President Obama under the bus for the actions of another man that he distanced himself from but when one of your beloved republicans associates himself with a questionable character you like to sweep it under the rug. SMH>

He distanced himself from Rev. Wright when he became a Presidential candidate because he knew it would (rightfully) hurt him politically. What about the 20 years prior? Did Rev. Wright just start preaching Black Liberation Theology right around 2007-2008?

pghin08
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Haha, no trouble man. I woke up feeling politically charged today!

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 11:28 AM
He distanced himself from Rev. Wright when he became a Presidential candidate because he knew it would (rightfully) hurt him politically. What about the 20 years prior? Did Rev. Wright just start preaching Black Liberation Theology right around 2007-2008?

To be honest I'm not a follower of Rev Wright and never attended any of his sermons so I can't speak on what he preaches. Do I need to go there about all of the dumb quotes that your republican posterboy preacher pat robertson made?

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 11:31 AM
To be honest I'm not a follower of Rev Wright and never attended any of his sermons so I can't speak on what he preaches. Do I need to go there about all of the dumb quotes that your republican posterboy preacher pat robertson made?

First of all, please don't close your eyes and claim ignorance of what he preaches just because you don't want to see the truth. It is insulting if you are truly engaged in reasoned debate. The man preaches hatred and distrust of whites. Do some research of your own on Black Liberation Theology and ask yourself why ANYONE would want to associate with that mindset, let alone the POTUS.

As for Pat Robertson, you are making a terrible comparison to something toally irrelevant to the discussion. Obama was not a member of Pat Robertson's church. You are deflecting the issue.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 11:34 AM

as soon as the president of the united states of america is someone that has attended robertsons church for 20 years then absolutely. I will be right there with you. Until then, the two don't compare. Obama went to a church for years listening to a guy preach hatred of the white race. It was only when he because a candidate and when people started questioning his beliefs based on wrights comments that he distanced himself.

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 11:38 AM
First of all, please don't close your eyes and claim ignorance of what he preaches just because you don't want to see the truth. It is insulting if you are truly engaged in reasoned debate. The man preaches hatred and distrust of whites. Do some research of your own on Black Liberation Theology and ask yourself why ANYONE would want to associate with that mindset, let alone the POTUS.

As for Pat Robertson, you are making a terrible comparison to something toally irrelevant to the discussion. Obama was not a member of Pat Robertson's church. You are deflecting the issue.

When did it become MY Black Liberation Theology? Also how could a man with a white woman as his mother that he loves with all of his heart hate white people? Again it goes back to not being to find anything wrong with President Obama so certian people want to go way off to the far right to try to jump to conclusions in attempt to stain our presidents reputation. Try again it's not happening.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
When did it become MY Black Liberation Theology? Also how could a man with a white woman as his mother that he loves with all of his heart hate white people? Again it goes back to not being to find anything wrong with President Obama so certian people want to go way off to the far right to try to jump to conclusions in attempt to stain our presidents reputation. Try again it's not happening.

Reading comprehension is hard. I didn't say it was "your" BLT. I said "do some research of your own on" BLT. I never said Obama hated white people. I just asked how he could associate himself and be a member of a man's congregation that preached that message for such a long period of time.

The answer is that even though Obama does not hate white people, he and Wright share the common socialist/Marxist goals of wealth redistribution, social justice, and fairness.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 11:43 AM

i'm sorry, i don't believe i have ever heard the announcement of obama as the first "half white half black" president. What i have heard over and over and over and over and over is he is the "first black president." So, stop with the deflections. You REFUSE to address the issue. you try to turn it around and say "not being able to find anything wrong with president obama." Dude, where have you been? there is plenty to find wrong with obama. Now, why don't you either defend the issue here or man up and say your savior obama has some serious issues with he belief structure based on his church and spiritual direction.

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Reading comprehension is hard. I didn't say it was "your" BLT. I said "do some research of your own on" BLT. I never said Obama hated white people. I just asked how he could associate himself and be a member of a man's congregation that preached that message for such a long period of time.

The answer is that even though Obama does not hate white people, he and Wright share the common socialist/Marxist goals of wealth redistribution, social justice, and fairness.

Which one is it? At first you wanted to throw him under the bus for associating with a man who allegedly hates white people even though he is 1/2 white. When that argument goes up in smoke you go back to accuse him of being a communist/socialist. Which one of us again is throwing up baseless and unfounded arguments again?

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
i'm sorry, i don't believe i have ever heard the announcement of obama as the first "half white half black" president. What i have heard over and over and over and over and over is he is the "first black president." So, stop with the deflections. You REFUSE to address the issue. you try to turn it around and say "not being able to find anything wrong with president obama." Dude, where have you been? there is plenty to find wrong with obama. Now, why don't you either defend the issue here or man up and say your savior obama has some serious issues with he belief structure based on his church and spiritual direction.

Sorry to burst you bubble but Obama is not my savior. He is just a man like you, I or anyone on else is. I unlike other people on here do not turn to politicians to be my savior nor to I hold them up as examples of perfection. The only thing I expect from them is that they support and defend the constution of our country and make the best decisions for all of us,not just people in their own party, religion, race,social class, etc. I go to God and prays that he puts good earthly leaders in place.

pghin08
10-18-2011, 11:56 AM

I did some thorough research on a BLT at lunch yesterday. It was delicious.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Which one is it? At first you wanted to throw him under the bus for associating with a man who allegedly hates white people even though he is 1/2 white. When that argument goes up in smoke you go back to accuse him of being a communist/socialist. Which one of us again is throwing up baseless and unfounded arguments again?

How did my argument "go up in smoke"? Please explain.

FACT 1 - He associated closely with Wright for many, many years.

FACT2 - Rev. Wright preaches hatred of white people.

FACT 3 - Black Liberation Theology is based on the Marxists notions of social justice and wealth redistribution.

Question - Why did Obama associate with Wright for all of those years?

The fact that Obama is 1/2 white is irrelevant to my question.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I did some thorough research on a BLT at lunch yesterday. It was delicious.

Yeah, I was getting hungry while I wrote that.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry to burst you bubble but Obama is not my savior. He is just a man like you, I or anyone on else is. I unlike other people on here do not turn to politicians to be my savior nor to I hold them up as examples of perfection. The only thing I expect from them is that they support and defend the constution of our country and make the best decisions for all of us,not just people in their own party, religion, race,social class, etc. I go to God and prays that he puts good earthly leaders in place.

nice post that managed to avoid everything i said except one word. Also, your post is wrong. you don't want politicians who make the best decisions for everyone. you are on record as saying you don't like caine because he doesn't do enough for his people, thus calling him racist names. now, care to address anything of substance?

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I was getting hungry while I wrote that.

So I guess that you want to call me a muslim because I don't eat bacon sandwiches either since you want to accuse president obama from everything to being a muslim, to a communist to being the anti-christ.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
So I guess that you want to call me a muslim because I don't eat bacon sandwiches either since you want to accuse president obama from everything to being a muslim, to a communist to being the anti-christ.

Please stay on topic and answer my question.

ensbergcollector
10-18-2011, 12:05 PM

not eating bacon sandwiches won't get you called any of those things. it will just make sure we don't ask you for food recommendations! :winking0071:

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 12:06 PM
nice post that managed to avoid everything i said except one word. Also, your post is wrong. you don't want politicians who make the best decisions for everyone. you are on record as saying you don't like caine because he doesn't do enough for his people, thus calling him racist names. now, care to address anything of substance?

If (and I rebuke the thought of this) Cain becomes president all of the United States citizens regardless of race, religion, social status, etc would become his people. Cain only caters to the elitist rich now what's to say that he will have a change of heart to care about those who have not if he takes the seat? And when I say those who have not am referring to anyone who is not super rich regardless of race, religion, etc. Again politicians needs to have everyone's best intrest at heart and I have yet to see that from any of the garbage that the republicans are putting out.

mrveggieman
10-18-2011, 12:07 PM
not eating bacon sandwiches won't get you called any of those things. it will just make sure we don't ask you for food recommendations! :winking0071:

So I can't reccomend this to you for breakfast?

http://www.lightlife.com/product_detail.jsp?p=smartbacon

pghin08
10-18-2011, 12:31 PM
If (and I rebuke the thought of this) Cain becomes president all of the United States citizens regardless of race, religion, social status, etc would become his people. Cain only caters to the elitist rich now what's to say that he will have a change of heart to care about those who have not if he takes the seat? And when I say those who have not am referring to anyone who is not super rich regardless of race, religion, etc. Again politicians needs to have everyone's best intrest at heart and I have yet to see that from any of the garbage that the republicans are putting out.

Don't we all call whoever is in power an "elitist". When GWB was POTUS, all I heard was "He only caters to the rich" "George Bush doesn't care about black people" (thanks Kanye). Obama gets elected and then it's things like "Obama is a liberal elitist". Now Cain is an elitist? Can we all please just stop calling Presidents/Candidates "elitists"?

sanfran22
10-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Hahahha, holy smoke I don't even know where to begin. I'll just have to digest this statement a little further as it makes me cringe.....