PDA

View Full Version : More on Herman Cain

mrveggieman
10-17-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/herman-cains-stupid-defense-of-his-9-9-9-tax-plan/2011/03/04/gIQAtilAqL_blog.html?hpid=z3

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/telnaes?hpid=z3

mrveggieman
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Mods please switch this to the P&R forum. Thanks.

sanfran22
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
So tell me this, If we have a 9% sales tax and a 9% income tax is that less then you are paying now? Even if you add in the state sales tax (which you are already paying now)?

pghin08
10-18-2011, 01:52 AM
He did say something that rings true. "Open-mindedness will save our country." From the way things are on the P&R boards sometimes, it doesn't look too promising! I don't think Cain is the most open-minded of the Republican Candidates (see: Jon Huntsman, Gary Johnson), but it's still true.

AUTaxMan
10-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Wow. All I get from that first article is that both the author and David Gregory are idiots.

sanfran22
10-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Come on Veggie, You didn't answer my questions as usual? Do you even know what the 999 plan is? Becaue it appears the author of that article may not....

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Come on Veggie, You didn't answer my questions as usual? Do you even know what the 999 plan is? Becaue it appears the author of that article may not....

Did you direct the question at me? You put it out there but you did not specifically ask for my response. I do know about the 9-9-9 plan. I am in favor of tax reform but even if I did agree with his plan I would still not vote for him because he would be better suited to be an economic advisor to President Obama. Herman Cain would make a terrible president.

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Did you direct the question at me? You put it out there but you did not specifically ask for my response. I do know about the 9-9-9 plan. I am in favor of tax reform but even if I did agree with his plan I would still not vote for him because he would be better suited to be an economic advisor to President Obama. Herman Cain would make a terrible president.

I don't know, you are the thread starter and you never give any opinion on the things you link. I'm just amazed that you think Cain would make a terrible president without him even serving, yet you think Obama is doing a great job and he has a terrible track record....

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't know, you are the thread starter and you never give any opinion on the things you link. I'm just amazed that you think Cain would make a terrible president without him even serving, yet you think Obama is doing a great job and he has a terrible track record....

The reason why I do that is to put it out there to get the viewers thoughts. I don't want to bias the thread by putting my own spin on it. Once people start responding I answer back. Obama is also doing a good job despite of the circumstances. If he didn't inherit a failing economy, 2 meaningless wars, as well as a republican party who's sole purpose is to see him fail things would actually be much better. Also as far as cain is involved, no one would be a good leader for our country who open advocates discriminating on people on grounds of their religion which goes against what this country was founded on not to mention the law.

*censored*
10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Cain was against a national sales tax in the past. Now he wants one? <br />
<br />
Hope he has a towel and sunscreen to go with those flip-flops. <br />
<br />
The 9-9-9 plan will lower taxes on the rich and on...

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 12:42 PM
What a politician who flip flops? Herman Cain's tax plan only helping the rich while doing nothing but hurting the common man? Oh no I can't believe that.

ensbergcollector
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
What a politician who flip flops? Herman Cain's tax plan only helping the rich while doing nothing but hurting the common man? Oh no I can't believe that.

dude, you expressed your immense hatred and bias against cain early on so no one will assume you have any shred of objectivity. Until cain does more for blacks you will hate on him.

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Correction until cain does more for the working man regardless or race, religion, or any other trivial matter and stops catering to the ultra rich he will get no love from me. If being concerned for...

ensbergcollector
10-19-2011, 12:54 PM
sorry man, you are on record as saying your issue with him is based on race, not class. can't have it both ways.

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 01:01 PM
sorry man, you are on record as saying your issue with him is based on race, not class. can't have it both ways.

It's a class issue. Since well all have to live in America regardless of race, religion, etc and if cain wants to be our elected leader he needs to learn how to work for all of us not just the ultra wealthy. Although I stand by calling him an uncle tom, it was an inappropriate comment for me to make on this site.

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
He did a lot for the working man. He was a man from humble beginnings who bettered himself and achieved the American Dream. He's an example that all should follow and look up to. You'd do well to...

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
He did a lot for the working man. He was a man from humble beginnings who bettered himself and achieved the American Dream. He's an example that all should follow and look up to. You'd do well to take notes....

Yeah right, kiss a bunch of backside and brown nose your way to the top. Then once you get there you forget where you came from. No thanks but I will pass.

MadMan1978
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM
This report seems to be the fairest report to date
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/Cain-9-9-9-plan.cfm

I see no reason to even consider this plan period....
Those are facts and real numbers....the Cain 999 Plan is dangerous period! This plan personally does nothing but raise my taxes by a greater amount then ANY so call Democrat plan has ever been written!

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Someone (either the seller or a competitor) will drop the price of a shirt if he thinks he can net more profits at the lower price. That's how the market works. <br />
<br />
I cannot speak to the corporate...

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah right, kiss a bunch of backside and brown nose your way to the top. Then once you get there you forget where you came from. No thanks but I will pass.

Pretty sad when the black community eats its own. They hate black businessmen who work hard and make something of themselves but they worship professional athletes and musicians because they keep it real, living lifestyles that they could only dream of.

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Pretty sad when the black community eats its own. They hate black businessmen who work hard and make something of themselves but they worship professional athletes and musicians because they keep it real, living lifestyles that they could only dream of.

Mrtaxman you seem to be an expert in the goings on in the black community. How long have you been a blackman let alone how long have you lived in the black community? SMH

lloydr04
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Mrtaxman you seem to be an expert in the goings on in the black community. How long have you been a blackman let alone how long have you lived in the black community? SMH

Me think hes a

http://media.indianasnewscenter.com/images/bozo.jpg

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Are you disputing what I said? What parts in particular? Also, considering that I grew up in majority-black Montgomery, Alabama attending majority-black schools, and that I live in a majority-black city council district in my current town, I would say that I know more about the black community than the average person.

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Are you disputing what I said? What parts in particular? Also, considering that I grew up in majority-black Montgomery, Alabama attending majority-black schools, and that I live in a majority-black city council district in my current town, I would say that I know more about the black community than the average person.

So you should then be completly aware on why herman cain is considered out of touch with where he came from.

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
So you should then be completly aware on why herman cain is considered out of touch with where he came from.

Are you disputing what I said? What parts in particular?

And where do you get this ridiculous notion that Cain does not care about the common man? Come with facts.

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Are you disputing what I said? What parts in particular?

Herman cain has clearly shown that unless you are filthy rich and christian he dosen't give a damn about you, I, your mamma, your kids, your dog or anyone else but himself and his running buddies. If you believe that he does then you my good friend need a reality check.

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Herman cain has clearly shown that unless you are filthy rich and christian he dosen't give a damn about you, I, your mamma, your kids, your dog or anyone else but himself and his running buddies. If you believe that he does then you my good friend need a reality check.

Can you substantiate this for me? I have watched every single debate from beginning to end, have followed the election trail closely, and have followed Cain since his radio days in Atlanta. Not once have I ever gotten a hint of what you speak.

Don't bring up the Muslim thing. We both know each other's position on the issue, and it is irrelevant to showing "that unless you are filthy rich and christian he dosen't give a damn about you."

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Can you substantiate this for me? I have watched every single debate from beginning to end, have followed the election trail closely, and have followed Cain since his radio days in Atlanta. Not once have I ever gotten a hint of what you speak.

Don't bring up the Muslim thing. We both know each other's position on the issue, and it is irrelevant to showing "that unless you are filthy rich and christian he dosen't give a damn about you."

Actually I wan't going to bring up the muslim thing but I since you mentioned it it actually shows a lot of him and his character or lack of it. I'm not sure how old you are but herman cain is old enough to be my father. He is originally from Georgia. I currently reside in georgia too. What is my point you might ask. Since cain is much older than I he experienced first hand how racist it is in the south and I'm sure that it was 100x worse than anything that I could have experienced. That being said how could a man who has been a victim of discrimination his whole life can then turn around and claim that he will have no problem discriminating against another group (muslims) if he is elected. He is the classic case of the kid who was beaten up by the school bully becoming a police officer so he can beat up on someone else to make up for his own insecurities. Also cain grew up in modest settings. Yes I'm sure that he put in some hard work to accompolish some of the things that he did but I don't see him doing anything to give back to his community. Not just black people but anyone that needs it. No herman cain is a guy who caught a few lucky breaks then turned his back on where he came from. There is an old saying that you will see the same people that you steped on on your way up when you fall back down. (I paraphrased it but you all know what I'm talking about)

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't see him doing anything to give back to his community. Not just black people but anyone that needs it. No herman cain is a guy who caught a few lucky breaks then turned his back on where he came from. There is an old saying that you will see the same people that you steped on on your way up when you fall back down. (I paraphrased it but you all know what I'm talking about)

You are going to have to substantiate this. What does it mean to "give back"? What "lucky breaks" did he catch? How did he "turn his back on where he came from"? Who did he "step on"?

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 04:12 PM
You are going to have to substantiate this. What does it mean to "give back"? What "lucky breaks" did he catch? How did he "turn his back on where he came from"? Who did he "step on"?

You are asking great questions but you can't pin a liberal down. They always cry race, poor, rich suck. They have nothing to substantiate their position...:smash:

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 05:01 PM

I believe that it takes an entire villiage to raise a child. Anyone regardless of their race, religion, etc who has made it successful has an obligation to give back to the community that made them. I live in atlanta and I don't see any sign of herman cain doing anything for the city save for a few token appearances at his church.

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I believe that it takes an entire villiage to raise a child. Anyone regardless of their race, religion, etc who has made it successful has an obligation to give back to the community that made them. I live in atlanta and I don't see any sign of herman cain doing anything for the city save for a few token appearances at his church.

I understand your opinion in your first sentence, though I respectively disagree with it.

Is the measure of a man's charity and concern for his fellow man what he does visibly, in the public eye?

You never addressed these questions: What "lucky breaks" did he catch? How did he "turn his back on where he came from"? Who did he "step on"?

andrewhoya
10-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I understand your opinion in your first sentence, though I respectively disagree with it.

I strongly disagree with it, too.

Drew- I think your post sums it up the best. He flop-flops more than anyone I know.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM

Is the measure of a man's charity and concern for his fellow man what he does visibly, in the public eye?

You never addressed these questions: What "lucky breaks" did he catch? How did he "turn his back on where he came from"? Who did he "step on"?

He turned his back on his entire community. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you will never get it.

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 10:09 AM
He turned his back on his entire community. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you will never get it.

which basically means yet again you refuse to answer anything resembling a question. right?

AUTaxMan
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM

You need to learn to articulate your thoughts. We cannot all read minds.

What is his "community"?

How did he turn his back on them?

What "lucky breaks" did he catch?

Who did he "step on"?

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
You need to learn to articulate your thoughts. We cannot all read minds.

What is his "community"?

How did he turn his back on them?

What "lucky breaks" did he catch?

Who did he "step on"?

Once again herman cain came from an poorer area of georgia. He has yet to do anything to give back. I live in georgia and have not heard anything. If you know of anything please let us know. As far as lucky breaks not everyone is fortunate enough to make it out of his circumstances growing up. Actually I wont even call it luck he was blessed by God to get the things that he got. But once again what has he given back. By not giving back he is steping on the backs of all of his forefathers whose blood sweat and tears paved the way for him.

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
So you're jealous....got it.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
So you're jealous....got it.

Why do I even bother with some of these people on here? :smash:

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Why do I even bother with some of these people on here? :smash:

You probably shouldn't.........:winking0071:
Look up the Samaritan Fund, Omaha YMCA, University of Nebraska, Morehouse college. I'm sure that won't be enough for you though...

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
You probably shouldn't.........:winking0071:
Look up the Samaritan Fund, Omaha YMCA, University of Nebraska, Morehouse college. I'm sure that won't be enough for you though...

Yeah you are right. I really shouldn't. :winking0071:

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah you are right. I really shouldn't. :winking0071:

Well see, we actually agree on something.

sanfran22
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/black-economist-thomas-sowell-herman-cain-one-of-us-more-than-obama/

lol, that's all I need to say. For those that say Cain isn't one of us, he forgot where he came from. How is Obama one of you? I bet Obama has never experienced anything that the majority of those complaining have.

mrveggieman
10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/black-economist-thomas-sowell-herman-cain-one-of-us-more-than-obama/

lol, that's all I need to say. For those that say Cain isn't one of us, he forgot where he came from. How is Obama one of you? I bet Obama has never experienced anything that the majority of those complaining have.

That's exactly more of a reason why cain has lost touch and will never get my vote. He had a rough time growing up like a lot of us did and as soon as he makes it big he seems to forget who he is and where he came from. Why is it that President Obama who went to private schools and was exposed to different cultures all over the world could be more in touch with the common man than cain who grew up poor but now forgot what is like to not know where your next meal is coming from? SMH.

duwal
10-21-2011, 03:10 PM
He did a lot for the working man. He was a man from humble beginnings who bettered himself and achieved the American Dream. He's an example that all should follow and look up to. You'd do well to take notes....

aside from his condemning homosexuality and not wanting gays to have the same rights as straight citizens

mrveggieman
10-21-2011, 03:17 PM
aside from his condemning homosexuality and not wanting gays to have the same rights as straight citizens

Not to mention his disdain for muslims. Yeah Herman Cain is a real stand up guy. I want to be just like him when I grow up. SMH.

andrewhoya
10-21-2011, 05:57 PM

+1