PDA

View Full Version : Republican voters, who are you supporting and why?

pghin08
10-19-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm quite curious on this. If I had to pick anyone out of that side, it'd be Ron Paul (actually, it would be Gary Johnson, but he's been long forgotten). And I know that Paul has as good a chance of winning the nomination as I have at not crying at the end of Pay It Forward (Aside: if you don't cry at the end of that movie, you may be dead).

But anyway, SCF Republicans, who do you support and why? And do you think your candidate will be strengthened by this unyielding Republican debate theater or hurt by it?

Hilfiger1975
10-19-2011, 09:52 AM
:pop2:

ensbergcollector
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
i honestly haven't decided. seeing as how the election is over a year away. i admit that none of the candidates are exactly what i would want but that is normal for politics. if I thought paul had a chance i would probably lean toward him. otherwise, i am still sorting through their stances on everything. I will say this, i care more about beliefs and stances on issues than how well they can debate.

*censored*
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Ron Paul. The most libertarian of the candidates, something we need more of.

And apparently I'm dead. I don't cry in any movies.

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Undecided. Have been leaning Cain for a while. Not crazy about the 9-9-9 plan. Newt continues to be the best in the debates. Romney is too moderate for me. Have not ruled out Paul.

mrveggieman
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Undecided. Have been leaning Cain for a while. Not crazy about the 9-9-9 plan. Newt continues to be the best in the debates. Romney is too moderate for me. Have not ruled out Paul.

What is it that you don't like about the 9-9-9 plan?

sanfran22
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM

I'm with you. I think it's going to be Romney, which would be a more conservative version of Obama IMO. I like Cain but I'm afraid DC could eat up a non DC type. Newt is pretty good and seems to have a lot of solutions. Paul just makes me a bit nervous for a few reasons.

INTIMADATOR2007
10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I would love to see Cain get the nomination because after listening to him for years on his radio show I know what he is about which is for the betterment of this country and his family values and bussiness background. Newt would be the best choice due his knowledge of how we got into this mess and he could get us out of it faster than anyone else . However anyone of the candidates all 8 of them would be better than Obama anyday . But we will be stuck with the Obama lite Romney .

andrewhoya
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Paul. It'll be a longshot, but I can hope

I don't like Cain's 9-9-9 plan at all. Perry and Bachmann are both stupid, and Mitt and Newt haven't impressed me.

AUTaxMan
10-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Paul. It'll be a longshot, but I can hope

I don't like Cain's 9-9-9 plan at all. Perry and Bachmann are both stupid, and Mitt and Newt haven't impressed me.

What about Newt hasn't impressed you, because I think he is far and away the best of the candidates in the debates.

andrewhoya
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
What about Newt hasn't impressed you, because I think he is far and away the best of the candidates in the debates.

You can't just look at the debates- you have to look at the grand picture of things. From interviews I've seen of him, he hasn't impressed me. Personally, I don't think he'd make a good president. But, if it were him or Obama, you better believe he'd get my vote.

marekschwarz33
10-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't consider myself a Republican (I usually find myself agreeing with Republicans 2/3 of the time, Democrats 1/3 of the time) and quite frankly I think political parties are stupid...but I'll chime in anyway.

The only two Republican candidates I would consider voting for are Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. Why? They are the most different from the status quo and would bring a fresh perspective to the White House. The others just seem like your typical neo-conservatives who only want limited government in some aspects, not all around.

andrewhoya
10-19-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't consider myself a Republican (I usually find myself agreeing with Republicans 2/3 of the time, Democrats 1/3 of the time) and quite frankly I think political parties are stupid...but I'll chime in anyway.

The only two Republican candidates I would consider voting for are Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. Why? They are the most different from the status quo and would bring a fresh perspective to the White House. The others just seem like your typical neo-conservatives who only want limited government in some aspects, not all around.

Me too. But for this election I am all Republican.