PDA

View Full Version : Muammar Qaddafi catches a case of the dead-sies.

pghin08
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Per like every news source out there, Qaddafi was killed early today. I'm hearing his legs were pretty much shot off. There's a picture out there of him all bloodied up.

I think every week I read about a tyrant or a terrorist killed in the Middle East. It's almost hard to believe Qaddafi lasted as long as he did.

Next up: Ahmadinejad? If the reports about him stealing billions from the Iranian banks, they'll be hell to pay.

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm sure that this is real newsworthy but how is that helping us out here in the united states? We are still in the middle of a recession, no one can get a job and whoever has a job is grossly over worked and under paid.

BTW this post was not directed to the person who put started this thread it is just a general thought.

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm sure that this is real newsworthy but how is that helping us out here in the united states? We are still in the middle of a recession, no one can get a job and whoever has a job is grossly over worked and under paid.

BTW this post was not directed to the person who put started this thread it is just a general thought.

news has nothing to do with helping people out. the world doesn't stop because unemployment went over 7%. Why should anything that is newsworthy have anything to do with helping us out? Not attacking just really curious as to the logic behind your post.

sanfran22
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM

Kinda like half the stories you link to? It is news and is kinda a big deal to most.

pghin08
10-20-2011, 11:31 AM

It's not. However, there's more to the world than just the US. It's a moral victory for free people everywhere. I'm not for the death penalty, but truly, I have a hard time feeling sympathy for someone who used to execute his political opponents on live TV.

And it's cool man, I take no offense!

mrveggieman
10-20-2011, 11:32 AM
news has nothing to do with helping people out. the world doesn't stop because unemployment went over 7%. Why should anything that is newsworthy have anything to do with helping us out? Not attacking just really curious as to the logic behind your post.

I understand it is the news but it's kind of like the sadaam story years ago. He was captured and caught and everyone made a big deal about it. Years later we still have all the nonsense in the middle east and we are broke as a joke at home. I'm sure some people are getting off over this story and to each his own but this stuff dosen't do anything for me. We might as well be talking about some random guy dropping dead on the street.

duane1969
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Glad to see him gone. Will be interesting to see if it has any impact.

veggie, I get your point but you need to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Saddam a few years ago, Osama a few weeks ago, Qaddafi today...changing a societal culture takes time. Eliminating terrorist and dictators will eventually reap rewards and hopefully peace.

INTIMADATOR2007
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Rumor has it the price of oil has dropped since Gaddaffi's death which is an excellent benifit , just wonder how long or if we will see any benifit for the drop .

Hairylemon
10-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Qaddafi was responsible for the Pan AM flight bombing over Lockerbie in Scotland,for the murder of a British policewoman outside the Libyan embassy in London, he was responsible for funding IRA bombings in Northern Ireland and the English mainland and responsible for the deaths of countless of his own people. So I would say it is rather an important piece of news.

Hilfiger1975
10-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Oil prices dropping and makes gas cheaper (short time) sounds important to me...thank god he's gone...

pghin08
10-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Rumor has it the price of oil has dropped since Gaddaffi's death which is an excellent benifit , just wonder how long or if we will see any benifit for the drop .

Doubtful. Crude oil prices have been rising for the past week or so (up about 1.7% to $87.50 a barrel today). If there's going to be a drop in gas prices, it will probably just be the typical late fall/winter drop, when people aren't driving as much. At least up in PA!

mrveggieman
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM

No price drop in my side of town. What about where you are at?