PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Cain's latest remark?

andrewhoya
10-20-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/10/20/2011-10-20_herman_cain_gop_presidential_hopeful_on_homosex uality_being_gay_is_a_sin_and_per.html?r=news

He just went from my 'neutral' list to the list with Bachmann- 'would be a disastrous president'

duane1969
10-20-2011, 05:46 PM
According to most religions homosexuality is a sin. To say that is not wrong. To believe what your religion teaches is not wrong. Just like some have the right to believe that homosexuality is a natural thing others have the right to think it is wrong or a sin. It's called freedom of choice.

As far as I am concerned he solidified his position as GOP front runner.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 06:07 PM
According to most religions homosexuality is a sin. To say that is not wrong. To believe what your religion teaches is not wrong. Just like some have the right to believe that homosexuality is a natural thing others have the right to think it is wrong or a sin. It's called freedom of choice.

Is there such thing as freedom of choice in religion? Isn't that a contradiction in itself?

INTIMADATOR2007
10-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I have to agree with him, That's the way I was raised . As do 66% of the people who have voted in the poll.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I have to agree with him, That's the way I was raised . As do 66% of the people who have voted in the poll.
But just because you was raised a certain way doesn't mean that it's right...

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 07:03 PM
since most republican candidates feel the same i would think he earned some ground with this ""I can have an issue or opinion without it being a directive on the nation."

he was referring to abortion but still a good bipartisan attitude you would think

pghin08
10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Boy, I know I have to wake up every morning and decide whether or not I want to be gay that day. Ridiculous.

I've never understood the "homosexuality is a choice" argument. None of my gay friends "chose" to be gay, they just were. I'm a redhead. I was born that way. I could choose to dye my hair or shave my head, but at the end of the day, I was born to be a redhead. Some people are simply born to be gay.

andrewhoya
10-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Boy, I know I have to wake up every morning and decide whether or not I want to be gay that day. Ridiculous.

I've never understood the "homosexuality is a choice" argument. None of my gay friends "chose" to be gay, they just were. I'm a redhead. I was born that way. I could choose to dye my hair or shave my head, but at the end of the day, I was born to be a redhead. Some people are simply born to be gay.

Exactly. Maybe tomorrow I will be gay, just for the day? Back to normal Saturday, or course.

andrewhoya
10-20-2011, 08:07 PM

Using Christianity as an example.... If God created him/her, why is it a sin for them to live their life? So much for 'Love your enemies'.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Using Christianity as an example.... If God created him/her, why is it a sin for them to live their life? So much for 'Love your enemies'.
Psst, maybe the bible might be full of spam and it was really written by man to set rules?

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 08:30 PM

ok, not sure why but i'll play. some people are wired to be more prone to physical acts of violence, even murder. They are born that way. does that mean it isn't a sin for them to harm others?

not even comparing anything to homosexuality, just using your above quote.

andrewhoya
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM
ok, not sure why but i'll play. some people are wired to be more prone to physical acts of violence, even murder. They are born that way. does that mean it isn't a sin for them to harm others?

not even comparing anything to homosexuality, just using your above quote.

In my opinion, there are no sins. If God made you, then he has control over your life. He controls what you do- your path is already written. Therefore, there should not be any sins.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 08:39 PM
In my opinion, there are no sins. If God made you, then he has control over your life. He controls what you do- your path is already written. Therefore, there should not be any sins.
Doesn't the bible say we were born into sin, blah, blah? Do you believe in the "holy" bible?

ensbergcollector
10-20-2011, 08:41 PM

really? so you don't believe murder is a sin? (please read no sarcasm, i am honestly asking).

andrewhoya
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Doesn't the bible say we were born into sin, blah, blah? Do you believe in the "holy" bible?
Says something like that. Kind of funny that we are already behind after being alive for 2 seconds, huh?

really? so you don't believe murder is a sin? (please read no sarcasm, i am honestly asking).

Against the law, yes, a sin, no.

duane1969
10-20-2011, 10:55 PM

How do you draw the conclusion that disagreeing with homosexuality means that you consider homosexuals to be the "enemy"?

Says something like that. Kind of funny that we are already behind after being alive for 2 seconds, huh?

Against the law, yes, a sin, no.

And you are aware that the law is based on the commandment "Thou shalt not kill", right?

All moral code laws have a foundation in religion.

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 10:59 PM
How do you draw the conclusion that disagreeing with homosexuality means that you consider homosexuals to be the "enemy"?

And you are aware that the law is based on the commandment "Thou shalt not kill", right?

Hasn't that been changed a few times, though? :winking0071:

duane1969
10-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Hasn't that been changed a few times, though? :winking0071:

What, moral code or religion?

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 11:15 PM
What, moral code or religion?
OMG, the ten commandments differ from religion to religion...who's right and who's wrong? Wasn't their originally 17? :winking0071:

And a lot of religions have changed through the years...

duane1969
10-20-2011, 11:23 PM
OMG, the ten commandments differ from religion to religion...who's right and who's wrong? Wasn't their originally 17? :winking0071:

And a lot of religions have changed through the years...

I have a feeling that most U.S. laws are not based on Islam or Hindu LOL

Hilfiger1975
10-20-2011, 11:32 PM
I have a feeling that most U.S. laws are not based on Islam or Hindu LOL
Hasn't the bible changed through the years also?

theonedru
10-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Equality for all in America is all I have to say to pieces of garbage like this. Cain should know better too growing up a minority and facing racism like he did now he sees no problem doing basically the same to others.

And when it comes to religion and homosexuality remember man wrote those religious texts not any God and those who believe that gay people are not deserving of the same joys in life everyone else does has serious issues.

Hilfiger1975
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Equality for all in America is all I have to say to pieces of garbage like this. Cain should know better too growing up a minority and facing racism like he did now he sees no problem doing basically the same to others.

And when it comes to religion and homosexuality remember man wrote those religious texts not any God and those who believe that gay people are not deserving of the same joys in life everyone else does has serious issues.
I love your signature...:love0030:

andrewhoya
10-21-2011, 07:32 AM

If being gay is a sin, then it is apparently one of the worst things on earth. Are you saying that they aren't the 'enemy'?

I could care less where the law came from- it a moral code law. Your moral codes, I guarantee, and way different than mine.

andrewhoya
10-21-2011, 07:32 AM

Weird, I've agreed with you a lot lately.

duane1969
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Hasn't the bible changed through the years also?

The Bible has been changed to fit the needs of numerous religions but the basic tenets remain. Murder, slander/defamation and stealing are all basic "no-nos" of any religion and are guidelines for legal code of our society.

If being gay is a sin, then it is apparently one of the worst things on earth. Are you saying that they aren't the 'enemy'?

I could care less where the law came from- it a moral code law. Your moral codes, I guarantee, and way different than mine.

I am saying that they are not the enemey. The standard liberal position is that anyone who disagrees with your position is the enemy and is then attacked. I do not take that position. Most Christians that I know consider homosexuals to be someone who needs God in their life, not the enemy.

I doubt our moral codes are that different.

mrveggieman
10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok so we have a conservative republican christian politican who has made anti-homosexual and as well as anti-muslim statements in the past. And this surprises you how?

habsheaven
10-21-2011, 02:12 PM

It's quite simple actually. Most "people of faith" cannot come to grips with the fact that their "God" would create gay people. Therefore, it must be a choice that they have made.

Does it make sense for these people to choose being gay and then choose suicide? No, but that must be the case because "God" certainly didn't make them that way.

When you think about it, this type of logic can be seen throughout many different religious arguments.

duwal
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Exactly. Maybe tomorrow I will be gay, just for the day? Back to normal Saturday, or course.

Intimidator does that every other weekend :winking0071:

AUTaxMan
10-21-2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/10/20/2011-10-20_herman_cain_gop_presidential_hopeful_on_homosex uality_being_gay_is_a_sin_and_per.html?r=news

He just went from my 'neutral' list to the list with Bachmann- 'would be a disastrous president'

EDIT - Nevermind.

Hilfiger1975
10-21-2011, 05:05 PM
:sign0020:

sanfran22
10-23-2011, 03:33 AM
I don't think that's necessary. Shows the type of person you really are....