PDA

View Full Version : About that Arab Spring

AUTaxMan
10-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Libya's liberation: interim ruler unveils more radical than expected plans for Islamic law

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8844819/Libyas-liberation-interim-ruler-unveils-more-radical-than-expected-plans-for-Islamic-law.html

Can't you just feel the Democracy in the air? "Crazy" Glenn Beck predicted this when Tunisia began. For everyone else, it was "unexpected."

Hairylemon
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM
How dare a country implement it's own laws. What is the world coming to when countries don't do as the US amd west want them too.

mrveggieman
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
How dare a country implement it's own laws. What is the world coming to when countries don't do as the US amd west want them too.

:love0030:

Hilfiger1975
10-24-2011, 10:21 AM
*gasp*

:winking0071:

Hilfiger1975
10-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Libya's liberation: interim ruler unveils more radical than expected plans for Islamic law

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8844819/Libyas-liberation-interim-ruler-unveils-more-radical-than-expected-plans-for-Islamic-law.html

Can't you just feel the Democracy in the air? "Crazy" Glenn Beck predicted this when Tunisia began. For everyone else, it was "unexpected."
WOW! That guy sounds like the next Nostradamus!

Was that too much sarcasm? :winking0071:

Hairylemon
10-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Good ole Daily Telegraph, a wonderful right wing rag from the UK. This paper and Daily Mail spread so much anti muslim garbage in the UK.

AUTaxMan
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM

There is a difference between not interfering with a country's adopting its own laws and the United States' assisting the overthrow of an existing regime that is more or less irrelevant to U.S. national security, the result of which is the country's adopting a new government that could be directly hostile to the U.S.

Star_Cards
10-24-2011, 12:23 PM
how do we know that this new government will be hostile to the U.S.? I don't like any government being created with religious views as being law, but that's typically how it goes in most countries... sadly.

AUTaxMan
10-24-2011, 12:28 PM
how do we know that this new government will be hostile to the U.S.? I don't like any government being created with religious views as being law, but that's typically how it goes in most countries... sadly.

If you had to bet your mortgage on it, would you bet on Libya's new government being more likely or less likely to sponsor terrorism than Libya's government of a year ago?

pghin08
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
If you had to bet your mortgage on it, would you bet on Libya's new government being more likely or less likely to sponsor terrorism than Libya's government of a year ago?

Probably less. Considering how active Libya was in aiding and abetting terrorists.

AUTaxMan
10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Probably less. Considering how active Libya was in aiding and abetting terrorists.

How active were they?

Star_Cards
10-24-2011, 02:04 PM

I have no clue, but I don't hear the word sharia and get all freaked out like some do. Even if it does sponsor more, what place do we have in telling them how to form their government.

I think the people of Lybia have the right to figure out the way they want their government.

pghin08
10-24-2011, 02:59 PM
How active were they?

The Lockerbie bombing, the Berlin bombing in 1986, the massacre of 13 Brits, including a police officer, just to name a couple. He funded a terrorist group (al-Rukn, I think their name was) who's sole goal was to attack the US (a bunch of these guys were arrested in the late 80s).

Libya claimed that it was renouncing terrorism a few years ago, but it's hard to tell just how serious they were about it.

duane1969
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Sharia law is a joke. Case in point. <br />
<br />
In non-Islamic banks you pay interest. But in Sharia law it dictates that interest is bad and creates &quot;disease and hatred among people&quot;. Instead they charge a...

Hairylemon
10-24-2011, 11:49 PM
You do realise NATO is a group of countries and not just the USA. The British and French (or cowards as you know them) were just as active in helping the rebels free Libya. The biggest terrorist attacks are by Saudis who were sponsered by other Saudis. Don't see the USA going after Saudi Arabia, I wonder why?

Qaddafi also sponsered the IRA terrorist group in the UK, but so did a shed load of Americans through Noraid, makes them just as bad.

theonedru
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
You do realise NATO is a group of countries and not just the USA. The British and French (or cowards as you know them) were just as active in helping the rebels free Libya. The biggest terrorist attacks are by Saudis who were sponsered by other Saudis. Don't see the USA going after Saudi Arabia, I wonder why?

Qaddafi also sponsered the IRA terrorist group in the UK, but so did a shed load of Americans through Noraid, makes them just as bad.

French (or cowards as you know them)

Americans owe France everything for helping fund the revolution, but of course most Americans are too ignorant to remember or admit this.

and some people just hate anything that doesn't bleed American government red, white and blue, its sad and pathetic. Let then do what they wish its none of our concern