PDA

View Full Version : Ad for gun training bars Muslims, Obama voters from taking course

duwal
10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ad-gun-training-bars-muslims-obama-voters-153954962.html

theonedru
10-28-2011, 09:38 PM
What do you expect from a Southern AmeriKKKan

Hilfiger1975
10-28-2011, 09:40 PM
what do you expect from a southern amerikkkan
lol...

gatorboymike
10-29-2011, 02:19 AM
This guy has undoubtedly been pumped full of fear and paranoia and rage by Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Ironically, people like him are the #1 reason liberals SHOULD own guns...to protect ourselves from people like him.

duane1969
10-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Last I heard a person running a business has the right to choose who they cater too. If he doesn't want to train Muslims or liberals to use a handgun then that is his choice.

habsheaven
10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Last I heard a person running a business has the right to choose who they cater too. If he doesn't want to train Muslims or liberals to use a handgun then that is his choice.

Really? Last I heard that was discrimination.

Would you say the same if he banned women and African-Americans from taking his course? Can I open a restaurant and turn away Native Americans?

themanishere
10-29-2011, 10:32 PM

There has to be a "business reason" to justify refusal of services.

He cannot refuse service based on the mere fact that someone is Muslim or an Obama voter. The reason must show that serving Muslims or Obama voters would cause a legitimate impediment upon his business.

theonedru
10-29-2011, 11:41 PM

Actually he was breaking the law in doing so. He is not allowed to pick and choose who he caters too like that.

texansrangerfan73
10-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Actually he was breaking the law in doing so. He is not allowed to pick and choose who he caters too like that.

Really so that means I can't refuse service to a shirtless, shoeless perosn when they walk into my establishment with a sign stating "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" even if I have that sign & this sign that clearly states I serve the right to??

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pmanningsnumbr1fan/righttoserve.jpg

themanishere
10-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Really so that means I can't refuse service to a shirtless, shoeless perosn when they walk into my establishment with a sign stating "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" even if I have that sign & this sign that clearly states I serve the right to??

Those signs are perfectly enforceable, sure. Thing is, the scope of those signs, in reality, is limited to basic issues such as rowdy, unkempt or nonpaying customers.

If it gets into race, religion or things like that, then the sign means nothing really.

texansrangerfan73
10-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Those signs are perfectly enforceable, sure. Thing is, the scope of those signs, in reality, is limited to basic issues such as rowdy, unkempt or nonpaying customers.

If it gets into race, religion or things like that, then the sign means nothing really.

Pretty sure it would mean a lawsuit to me, they have to prove discrimination is the intent which is very hard to do. Thus it would also be a violation of the 1st Amendment Right to Choose!!

themanishere
10-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Pretty sure it would mean a lawsuit to me, they have to prove discrimination is the intent which is very hard to do. Thus it would also be a violation of the 1st Amendment Right to Choose!!

Except most businesses, while private property, are also considered places of public accommodation, meaning the business is meant to serve the general public. As such, businesses are subject to equal protection/protected category laws.

Nonetheless, many of these cases are pretty gray, as it is hard to prove.

However, the guy in this topic basically turned his refusal into a public pronouncement - he even said he would stop working as a trainer to follow through with it. That (to me) stems from something more personal than anything, and not a justified business reason.

theonedru
10-30-2011, 03:52 AM

"Conduct by an instructor that denied service to individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion would place that instructor's certification by the Department at risk of suspension or revocation."

duane1969
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I am not saying he is right, just that he has the right to choose who he trains. He is an individual. His rights are just as protected as the rights of those he won't train.

If I am wrong then I will be applying for financial aid and scholarships from the NAACP and NOW. They better give them to me or they are discriminating against me for being white and male, right?

theonedru
10-30-2011, 01:09 PM
I am not saying he is right, just that he has the right to choose who he trains. He is an individual. His rights are just as protected as the rights of those he won't train.

If I am wrong then I will be applying for financial aid and scholarships from the NAACP and NOW. They better give them to me or they are discriminating against me for being white and male, right?

he doesnt have that right according to the state, like stated above

"Conduct by an instructor that denied service to individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion would place that instructor's certification by the Department at risk of suspension or revocation."

habsheaven
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM

No. He does not have the RIGHT to discriminate. And the NAACP and NOW are not the same thing. It amazes me that someone that comes across as intelligent cannot grasp the differences in the two scenarios.

ensbergcollector
10-30-2011, 04:13 PM
No. He does not have the RIGHT to discriminate. And the NAACP and NOW are not the same thing. It amazes me that someone that comes across as intelligent cannot grasp the differences in the two scenarios.

so the united negro college fund does give scholarships to white kids?

habsheaven
10-30-2011, 06:45 PM
so the united negro college fund does give scholarships to white kids?

Why did you quote me in order to post another useless comment? Were you just trying to tell me that YOU TOO, do not recognize the difference between a business set up to serve the public and organizations established to assist people that need assistance.

Would you like me to describe in detail the difference between an APPLE and an ORANGE or are you both clear on that front?

Star_Cards
10-30-2011, 09:15 PM
what a joke of a business man. If he's as dumb as the writing in his ad and his marketing ploy to earn business I doubt he has much knowledge to offer.

Star_Cards
10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
the comparison to the united negro college fund and a business man refusing customers based on religion or how they voted is a bit of a stretch.

ensbergcollector
10-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Why did you quote me in order to post another useless comment? Were you just trying to tell me that YOU TOO, do not recognize the difference between a business set up to serve the public and organizations established to assist people that need assistance.

Would you like me to describe in detail the difference between an APPLE and an ORANGE or are you both clear on that front?

glad to know that you get to decide which people's posts are useless.

so it is your assertion that people who have a business must serve everyone, but groups that assist people are allowed to discriminate? Yes, i get the difference, but discrimination is discrimination.

for the record, i think the guy is an idiot and do not support his stance in any way

duane1969
10-30-2011, 10:40 PM

So these helpful organizations refusing to help anyone who isn't the right race or the right sex is OK but a business refusing to deal with someone because they are not the right race or political group is not OK?

I would like for you to explain how it is OK to discriminate against one group if you are helping someone else. I am confused.

It is OK to say "We won't give you a scholarship because you are white" but it isn't OK to say "I won't train you to use a handgun because you are Muslim"? That is a blatant double-standard.

If this guy was giving free handgun training to blacks and called his group the NAHTCP (National Association for Handgun Training for Colored People) would it be OK for him to refuse to train Muslims then?

theonedru
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
half these arguments would be null if people just read the whole article instead of skimming it.

duane1969
10-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I read the entire article. I never said his bigotry was correct, just his right to choose.

Just because his discrimination is not government sanctioned and other organizations are permitted to openly discriminate does not make one more right than the other. Excluding/including someone specifically because of race, sexuality or religion is discrimination, period.

Star_Cards
10-30-2011, 11:36 PM
half these arguments would be null if people just read the whole article instead of skimming it.

how so?

mrveggieman
10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
This guy has undoubtedly been pumped full of fear and paranoia and rage by Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Ironically, people like him are the #1 reason liberals SHOULD own guns...to protect ourselves from people like him.

Church!! :cheer2:

habsheaven
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM
glad to know that you get to decide which people's posts are useless.

It's my OPINION. I wish I was chosen to decide for everyone else. I am sure we all think many people's posts are useless, mine included. lol

so it is your assertion that people who have a business must serve everyone, but groups that assist people are allowed to discriminate? Yes, i get the difference, but discrimination is discrimination.

Yes. That is my assertion. It is apparently backed up by your laws as well.

for the record, i think the guy is an idiot and do not support his stance in any way

I agree.

duane1969
10-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes. That is my assertion. It is apparently backed up by your laws as well.

We have plenty of stupid laws. It doesn't make them right. If discrimination is wrong then it is wrong, period. There was a time when it was legal to own black people, does that mean it was right just because it was written into law?

INTIMADATOR2007
10-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Maybe you should go straight to the source and get your info . Beck interviewed the guy on the air . But then again the FACTS seem to get in the way .

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-challenges-tx-gun-instructor-over-ad-refusing-to-teach-muslims/

INTIMADATOR2007
10-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Church!! :cheer2:
Belive it or not , Once again your WRONG !

Church !!

pghin08
10-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately, people are free to be as ignorant as they would like to be.

theonedru
10-31-2011, 06:37 PM
" When you carry a weapon to defend yourself "

Guns are not made to defend, they are made to kill, why cowards hide behind the defend word instead of just saying " I carry this gun in case I need to kill someone."

theonedru
10-31-2011, 06:41 PM
I love this part

" why am I supposed to teach these people [Muslims] how to use a weapon, and to give them the ability to carry a weapon legally when we have seen these atrocious acts?”

and yet there is more non Muslim American on American crime using guns but he is ok with those atrocious acts I guess since he sees nothing wrong with teaching non Muslim Americans?"

sanfran22
10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Maybe you should go straight to the source and get your info . Beck interviewed the guy on the air . But then again the FACTS seem to get in the way .

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-challenges-tx-gun-instructor-over-ad-refusing-to-teach-muslims/
Yeah, I heard it on the way to work today. One of the few times I actually listen to beck since I normally listen to xm. He wasn't to kind to the guy to say the least....

mrveggieman
10-31-2011, 07:07 PM

Church !!

Try again neighboor, remember I live in Georgia just like you and I legally own a firearm to protect myself from your tea party brothers.

theonedru
10-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Try again neighboor, remember I live in Georgia just like you and I legally own a firearm to protect myself from your tea party brothers.

Once again guns were not made to protect they were built to kill. You own a gun so you can try and kill those that try to cause you harm.

mrveggieman
10-31-2011, 07:22 PM

Church !!

Also you can't give yourself a Church another reader has to. But since we are neighboors and I am cool with you I'm going to give you the next best thing:

Mosque!! :kiss:

mrveggieman
10-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Once again guns were not made to protect they were built to kill. You own a gun so you can try and kill those that try to cause you harm.

As much as some people make me want to :smash: I don't want to or believe in killing anyone. However if it is my or family's life verses there's I'm going to protect mines. There is an old saying down south and I'm sure that our good friend intimidator2007 can vouch for it and it goes something like this: My house is armed 5 days out of 7. Break in here and find out which ones.

theonedru
10-31-2011, 07:58 PM
As much as some people make me want to :smash: I don't want to or believe in killing anyone. However if it is my or family's life verses there's I'm going to protect mines. There is an old saying down south and I'm sure that our good friend intimidator2007 can vouch for it and it goes something like this: My house is armed 5 days out of 7. Break in here and find out which ones.

Its one thing to think you can kill a man, its another totally thing to actually do it. You ever see a person because of a violent act die; Watch their life slowly leaving them, their last desperate attempts to cling to something that's no longer there....

INTIMADATOR2007
10-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Also you can't give yourself a Church another reader has to. But since we are neighboors and I am cool with you I'm going to give you the next best thing:

Mosque!! :kiss:
:party0053:

habsheaven
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
We have plenty of stupid laws. It doesn't make them right. If discrimination is wrong then it is wrong, period. There was a time when it was legal to own black people, does that mean it was right just because it was written into law?

You have many smart laws too. Just because you don't agree with one doesn't make it stupid or WRONG.

duane1969
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
You have many smart laws too. Just because you don't agree with one doesn't make it stupid or WRONG.

If it is a law that advocates discrimination then it is stupid.

gatorboymike
10-31-2011, 11:26 PM
If it is a law that advocates discrimination then it is stupid.

Synagogue!

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Its one thing to think you can kill a man, its another totally thing to actually do it. You ever see a person because of a violent act die; Watch their life slowly leaving them, their last desperate attempts to cling to something that's no longer there....

Do you really think that some crazed lunitic who runs up on you and your family realy cares about you begging for mercy or clinging to your last breath if they had the chance to take you or your loved ones life? If he dosen't value my life or families life why should I value his?

duane1969
11-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Synagogue!

Haha!!! Made me laugh outloud.

duane1969
11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Do you really think that some crazed lunitic who runs up on you and your family realy cares about you begging for mercy or clinging to your last breath if they had the chance to take you or your loved ones life? If he dosen't value my life or families life why should I value his?

Did somebody give you a conservative pill this morning? You sound exactly like a bonafide gun-totin' conservative to me :)

I agree 110%. I may not sleep well that I killed another person but you can bet your bottom dollar that I won't hesitate to take a life to defend my family. Anyone who tries to do harm to me or my family will receive no mercy from me.

pghin08
11-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Did somebody give you a conservative pill this morning? You sound exactly like a bonafide gun-totin' conservative to me :)

I agree 110%. I may not sleep well that I killed another person but you can bet your bottom dollar that I won't hesitate to take a life to defend my family. Anyone who tries to do harm to me or my family will receive no mercy from me.

I think somebody slipped me one of those at a party once. I stood on a table and tried to explain why I thought Ann Coulter would be the best president ever and then drew a flow chart on a chalkboard that invariably compared Jesus to Ronald Reagan. Woke up the next morning and was back to normal though.

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM

Ha Ha, although most of you would consider me a lib I do have my conservative side. I strongly believe in the right to bear arms and I also am staunchly against abortion except in cases of rape, incest or if the mother's or child's life are in danger. I take the entire bill of rights literally not just the parts that fit the liberal/conservative agenda.

sanfran22
11-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Ha Ha, although most of you would consider me a lib I do have my conservative side. I strongly believe in the right to bear arms and I also am staunchly against abortion except in cases of rape, incest or if the mother's or child's life are in danger. I take the entire bill of rights literally not just the parts that fit the liberal/conservative agenda.

Then there is hope for you yet......:party0053:

texansrangerfan73
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I strongly believe in the right to bear arms

You & me both brother, The best spokeman ever is below!!!!
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/lazarusman123/charlton-heston-1.jpg

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
You know I'm about to show a little bit of my "conservative" side. Why is it that pro abortion people ok with killing unborn children but have a problem with you owning a gun to defend yourself? Are they saying that it is ok to kill an innocent unborn baby but not ok with killing someone who is trying to kill you or a love one? If someone could please explain that to me I would greatly appreciate it.

theonedru
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
You know I'm about to show a little bit of my "conservative" side. Why is it that pro abortion people ok with killing unborn children but have a problem with you owning a gun to defend yourself? Are they saying that it is ok to kill an innocent unborn baby but not ok with killing someone who is trying to kill you or a love one? If someone could please explain that to me I would greatly appreciate it.

That's not even close to being comparable, unless you are the one performing the abortions, and if for your better judgement you cannot kill a newborn what makes you think you can kill someone with no problems..... Its one thing to be a big man and talk the talk, its another thing to actually do it.

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
That's not even close to being comparable, unless you are the one performing the abortions, and if for your better judgement you cannot kill a newborn what makes you think you can kill someone with no problems..... Its one thing to be a big man and talk the talk, its another thing to actually do it.

I pray to God that all I have to do is talk about killing someone in self defense but never have to do it. You are right I wouldn't be able to kill a unborn/newborn because it wouldn't be of any threat to my or anyone elses life. However if someone is of a threat to my life or a family member's life then I would have no problem doing what I have to do to protect mines.

theonedru
11-01-2011, 03:23 PM
I pray to God that all I have to do is talk about killing someone in self defense but never have to do it. Yes I wouldn't be able to kill a unborn/newborn because it wouldn't be of any threat to my or anyone elses life. However if someone is of a threat to my life or a family member's life then I would have no problem doing what I have to do to protect mines.

Even if it means violating your religions golden rules that are meant to never be broken? Thou shall not kill.

And like I said its one thing to think you can its another thing to actually do it. Someone may think they have it in them but when it comes time if it ever happens it usually becomes another story.

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Even if it means violating your religions golden rules that are meant to never be broken? Thou shall not kill.

And like I said its one thing to think you can its another thing to actually do it. Someone may think they have it in them but when it comes time if it ever happens it usually becomes another story.

Regardless of what religion one follows I really don't believe that that God would have a problem with you killing someone in self defense if that person left you no other choice. And yes I had someone pull a gun out on me and we struggled over it and if I would have took it from him I would have no problem doing what I had to do to save my life. God was on both our sides that night because none of us were shot or killed but I was prepared to do what I had to do. I don't think that the guy was because he was just some young punk who didn't know anything about street life.

ensbergcollector
11-01-2011, 03:39 PM

while not all scholars agree, most hebrew scholars claim that the language in the ten commandments is more accurately translated as thou shall not murder.

theonedru
11-01-2011, 03:50 PM
while not all scholars agree, most hebrew scholars claim that the language in the ten commandments is more accurately translated as thou shall not murder.

The taking of a life no matter what the situation is still murder none the less.

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 03:55 PM
The taking of a life no matter what the situation is still murder none the less.

So per your logic all abortion doctors are cold blooded murderers. Let me give you some for that:

Church/Mosque/Synagouge!! :cheer2:

theonedru
11-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Regardless of what religion one follows I really don't believe that that God would have a problem with you killing someone in self defense if that person left you no other choice. And yes I had someone pull a gun out on me and we struggled over it and if I would have took it from him I would have no problem doing what I had to do to save my life. God was on both our sides that night because none of us were shot or killed but I was prepared to do what I had to do. I don't think that the guy was because he was just some young punk who didn't know anything about street life.

All I am saying is its one thing to say you can do it or think you can do it and actually doing it.

Unless have you ever seen someone die a violent death in front of your eyes, your covered in their blood you watch their life drain from them as they try and grasp what little they have left in dire hope its not happening you will never understand. It changes you and a little of you dies with them and haunts you for all your days.

sanfran22
11-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Not true..... Murder is not defined that way.

theonedru
11-01-2011, 04:01 PM
So per your logic all abortion doctors are cold blooded murderers. Let me give you some for that:

Church/Mosque/Synagouge!! :cheer2:

This is not about abortions its about guns, different things, in fact let's get back to the OT and all agree it was wrong for the guy to say what he said, he did something stupid and foolish and is paying the price for it.

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 04:16 PM
All I am saying is its one thing to say you can do it or think you can do it and actually doing it.

Unless have you ever seen someone die a violent death in front of your eyes, your covered in their blood you watch their life drain from them as they try and grasp what little they have left in dire hope its not happening you will never understand. It changes you and a little of you dies with them and haunts you for all your days.

I have never had and pray to God that I never have to. All I am saying is that if it was a choice of myself dying a violent painful death through no fault of my own or saving my life by giving the person who wants to take my life the same violent painful death it is a no brainer. But getting back OT the guy who said that he will not train muslims, democrats, etc is as wrong as a soup sandwich and like our good buddy gatorboy mike said earlier he is the reason why us so called libs need to have firearms for protection.

sanfran22
11-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I have never had and pray to God that I never have to. All I am saying is that if it was a choice of myself dying a violent painful death through no fault of my own or saving my life by giving the person who wants to take my life the same violent painful death it is a no brainer. But getting back OT the guy who said that he will not train muslims, democrats, etc is as wrong as a soup sandwich and like our good buddy gatorboy mike said earlier he is the reason why us so called libs need to have firearms for protection.

I agree with you on the firearms, but that guy is not the reason you'll need them. Like was stated before, how many arrests at tea parties? How many at the occupy? You tell me who's the trouble in this country.

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree with you on the firearms, but that guy is not the reason you'll need them. Like was stated before, how many arrests at tea parties? How many at the occupy? You tell me who's the trouble in this country.

So you are saying that I shouldn't be concerned with a guy who dosen't believe that all men/women are created equal and is in favor of denying services to someone based on religion or political preference? How is that any different from what the Ku Klux Klan stands for?

pspstatus
11-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I think somebody slipped me one of those at a party once. I stood on a table and tried to explain why I thought Ann Coulter would be the best president ever and then drew a flow chart on a chalkboard that invariably compared Jesus to Ronald Reagan. Woke up the next morning and was back to normal though.

Wow this made me laugh. Brilliant!

ensbergcollector
11-01-2011, 05:02 PM

that is false in every way possible. in all of history, that has never been the case in law or morals

gatorboymike
11-01-2011, 06:47 PM
that is false in every way possible. in all of history, that has never been the case in law or morals

Oh, here we go..."Murder isn't OK but killing is OK! Or at least, killing can be OK under certain circumstances!"

Yes, civilizations have had certain types of killing that they did not classify as murder, depending on time and place. Some of them didn't consider it murder to kill someone from another tribe, or to kill a slave. In present-day western civilizations our two big ones are self-defense and wartime. But then you run around saying that the kinds of killing God says are OK are the ones your society says are OK. That's putting words in God's mouth, which I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do.

ensbergcollector
11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Oh, here we go..."Murder isn't OK but killing is OK! Or at least, killing can be OK under certain circumstances!"

Yes, civilizations have had certain types of killing that they did not classify as murder, depending on time and place. Some of them didn't consider it murder to kill someone from another tribe, or to kill a slave. In present-day western civilizations our two big ones are self-defense and wartime. But then you run around saying that the kinds of killing God says are OK are the ones your society says are OK. That's putting words in God's mouth, which I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do.

don't put words in my mouth. i only shared what most hebrew scholars say the "thou shall not kill" passage really means. are you saying that all killing is murder or are you just being antagonistic because it is me? Do you not see a difference in murder and let's say, you got in a car accident and someone died. are those the same thing?

gatorboymike
11-02-2011, 05:54 AM
don't put words in my mouth. i only shared what most hebrew scholars say the "thou shall not kill" passage really means. are you saying that all killing is murder or are you just being antagonistic because it is me? Do you not see a difference in murder and let's say, you got in a car accident and someone died. are those the same thing?

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying I'm sick of hearing people talk about which kinds of killing are not murder as if they had some kind of obvious, objective, self-evident criteria. And I'm especially sick of them doing that and pretending they have religious justification for it.

P.S.: You can't spell "antagonistic" without "agnostic," lol.

ensbergcollector
11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying I'm sick of hearing people talk about which kinds of killing are not murder as if they had some kind of obvious, objective, self-evident criteria. And I'm especially sick of them doing that and pretending they have religious justification for it.

P.S.: You can't spell "antagonistic" without "agnostic," lol.

do you believe all killing is murder? because if not, then you have parameters in your mind as well as for what defines murder. It is a natural distinction that 99% of the population has. I wasn't seeking biblical justification to kill someone, just explaining that scripture, like our normal thoughts, make a distinction.