PDA

View Full Version : So you want to run for president, just sign here

mrveggieman
10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/want-run-president-just-sign-182502094.html

pspstatus
10-31-2011, 11:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/want-run-president-just-sign-182502094.html

The part about being rich must be in the fine print.

pghin08
11-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I'll be eligible age-wise in a few elections. What do you say fellas, Pghin08 in 2024?

andrewhoya
11-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I'll be eligible age-wise in a few elections. What do you say fellas, Pghin08 in 2024?

You'd be one of the better candidates from this forum

duane1969
11-01-2011, 09:55 AM
If it were only that simple. The simple reality of modern politics is if you were not born with a silver spoon in your mouth then you have practically no chance to even be mentioned as a candidate.

I wouldn't want to be a candidate. They pick apart every aspect of your life and take issue with every tiny detail. Smoked pot when you were a teen (like 75% of Americans) then you can't be president. Cheated on your spouse (like 50% of Americans) then you can't be president. Nevermind if you can fix the economy, lower unemployment, heal international relations or re-unite our country...you smoked pot 30 years ago, you are a bad person! :rolleyes:

pghin08
11-01-2011, 10:14 AM
If it were only that simple. The simple reality of modern politics is if you were not born with a silver spoon in your mouth then you have practically no chance to even be mentioned as a candidate.

I wouldn't want to be a candidate. They pick apart every aspect of your life and take issue with every tiny detail. Smoked pot when you were a teen (like 75% of Americans) then you can't be president. Cheated on your spouse (like 50% of Americans) then you can't be president. Nevermind if you can fix the economy, lower unemployment, heal international relations or re-unite our country...you smoked pot 30 years ago, you are a bad person! :rolleyes:

I would actually be a fairly skeleton-in-the-closet-less. No criminal record, nothing so much as a speeding/parking ticket. Never lit up, have no plans to (though like everyone in my family does/did). Never cheated on anyone (but I'm not married yet), or anything like that. They'd just have to make up stories about me.

I can see the headlines now:

"Pghin08 is unelectable! Because, uh, hmm...he's a ginger?"

mrveggieman
11-01-2011, 10:42 AM
How about Tim Tebow for President in 2036? I can only imagine the dirt the they would try make up on him.....

duane1969
11-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I would actually be a fairly skeleton-in-the-closet-less. No criminal record, nothing so much as a speeding/parking ticket. Never lit up, have no plans to (though like everyone in my family does/did). Never cheated on anyone (but I'm not married yet), or anything like that. They'd just have to make up stories about me.

I can see the headlines now:

"Pghin08 is unelectable! Because, uh, hmm...he's a ginger?"

You are such a freakin' angel LOL

My wife is the same way. Never done anything. That's OK, I did enough stuff to make up for her doing none of it LOL

pghin08
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
You are such a freakin' angel LOL

My wife is the same way. Never done anything. That's OK, I did enough stuff to make up for her doing none of it LOL

Haha, it was all about how I grew up. My parents entrusted me early in life to make good decisions, and I enjoyed the freedom that provided, so the last thing I wanted to do was be stupid and jeopardize it. That mindset followed me into college, plus I lived with an unreal group of people that were a lot like me in that sense.

Don't get me wrong, I've woken up with my head in the toilet quite a few times after one too many drinking games, but I struggle to find anyone who hasn't. And to be fair, I've gone on some epically long beer pong win streaks, and you've got to defend your crown!

duane1969
11-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Haha, it was all about how I grew up. My parents entrusted me early in life to make good decisions, and I enjoyed the freedom that provided, so the last thing I wanted to do was be stupid and jeopardize it. That mindset followed me into college, plus I lived with an unreal group of people that were a lot like me in that sense.

Don't get me wrong, I've woken up with my head in the toilet quite a few times after one too many drinking games, but I struggle to find anyone who hasn't. And to be fair, I've gone on some epically long beer pong win streaks, and you've got to defend your crown!

Beer pong...brings back memories.

pghin08
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Beer pong...brings back memories.

Darn tootin. If I had anything that could keep me from being a Democratic candidate for POTUS, it'd be my ridiculous crush on John McCain's daughter. Seriously. Yowza. Blonde and smart. My girlfriend better watch out (though she's also blonde and smart).

pspstatus
11-01-2011, 05:32 PM

I don't know about everyone else but a candidates beer pong prowess is a major factor in who I vote for. Beer pong can be a high pressure game so I know if a candidate can handle that they can handle anything. I could be the VP as I already have my own CIA that I invented. That's the Confidential Influential Arc.