PDA

View Full Version : Teen with Cerebral Palsy Whipped by a Judge

gladdyontherise
11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/disabled-teens-beating-judge-william-adams_n_1071822.html

I just heard about this on the Dr. Drew show (I was channel searching) and found this incredibly disturbing. A teen with Cerebral Palsy was whipped with a belt by a judge which is her father, and whipped by her mother also. The child 7 years later released the video taken on youtube and this got the attention of the state which being looked at.

Unbelieveable how this judge could have a job and be making decisions that will impact others lives. He should be in prison.

Not sure if anyone will care, but perhaps someone can explain why this judge isn't fired and in jail. Regardless of how long ago it was, this guy needs to be locked up.

I'd suggest not watching the video, I saw a few seconds and had to turn it off.

pghin08
11-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Holy crap. And then he has the audacity to say "It's not as bad as it looks on tape". WOW. Not as bad as it looks on tape? Are you kidding me? It's EXACTLY that bad. That's like being videotaped shooting somebody in the face and then saying, "Well, it didn't look that bad when I was doing it". The full video is monumentally disturbing. They go in multiple times.

Edit: They seem to be taking down the Youtube videos, but some of the comments on this are unconscionable.

duane1969
11-03-2011, 09:09 AM
That is not discipline. That is an expression of uncontrolled anger and hatred. You do not do that to someone you love.

pghin08
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
That is not discipline. That is an expression of uncontrolled anger and hatred. You do not do that to someone you love.

No doubt. That video almost made me physically ill. I don't have children, but I couldn't imagine doing something like that to anybody in my life. Bless his daughter for having the strength to address this, no matter how long it's been.

sanfran22
11-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I think he just got removed from the bench.......I hope he never ruled on any assault/abuse cases. Talk about double standard.

Hilfiger1975
11-03-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/disabled-teens-beating-judge-william-adams_n_1071822.html

i just heard about this on the dr. Drew show (i was channel searching) and found this incredibly disturbing. A teen with cerebral palsy was whipped with a belt by a judge which is her father, and whipped by her mother also. The child 7 years later released the video taken on youtube and this got the attention of the state which being looked at.

unbelieveable how this judge could have a job and be making decisions that will impact others lives. He should be in prison.

not sure if anyone will care, but perhaps someone can explain why this judge isn't fired and in jail. Regardless of how long ago it was, this guy needs to be locked up.

I'd suggest not watching the video, i saw a few seconds and had to turn it off.
+1

Hilfiger1975
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
This girl also has a disability and is 16 years old...

pghin08
11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I think the whole of SCF actually agrees on something.

Hilfiger1975
11-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I think the whole of SCF actually agrees on something.
Ya, sadly it took a JUDGE BEATING a 16 year old with a DISABILITY for all of us to agree...:rolleyes:

I would say i hope he goes to prison and gets treated like that little girl, but sadly he will either be in a nice prison or be under protection since he was a judge...

mrveggieman
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I can't look at the video from my job but if I can chime in with my two cents, anyone who abuses a child, let alone their own disabled child needs to be slapped silly.

pghin08
11-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I can't look at the video from my job but if I can chime in with my two cents, anyone who abuses a child, let alone their own disabled child needs to be slapped silly.

Just fair warning, if you watch it after you get home. It's very disturbing.

spuds1961
11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I found the video very disturbing,I also found some of the comments saying it was a form of discipline equally disturbing.I quit reading comments after the 4th of 180 pages it is already up to,that in itself says something about this issue.

maniac133
11-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I felt horrible watching the video....and I've seen other things that are equally bad, if not worse.
Also, I heard somewhere that he had ruled on some child abuse cases, and said the child's testimony should not be taken into account unless there was any video or physical evidence. She did this in retaliation to that statement. That's just what I heard though.