PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags New Orleans

mrveggieman
11-03-2011, 10:31 AM
It has been over 6 years since hurricane katrina and we still have a long way to go to rebuild new orleans. Take a look at these pics:

http://www.lovethesepics.com/2011/05/creepy-crusty-crumbling-illegal-tour-of-abandoned-six-flags-new-orleans-75-pics/

lloydr04
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM
The first two words of that headline got me screaming http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/rolllaugh.gif

but thats wild

andrewhoya
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Wow, that pic of the park underwater is amazing.

Star_Cards
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
great photos. I'd love to get in there to shoot some picts. a lot of over use of saturation on some photos but it was a nice collection.

AUTaxMan
11-06-2011, 12:57 PM
It has been over 6 years since hurricane katrina and we still have a long way to go to rebuild new orleans. Take a look at these pics:

http://www.lovethesepics.com/2011/05/creepy-crusty-crumbling-illegal-tour-of-abandoned-six-flags-new-orleans-75-pics/

I go there relatively frequently, and I can tell you that NO will never be rebuilt to the level that it was, nor should it be. It's a miracle that Katrina was the first direct hit on NO in 100 years.

mrveggieman
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
I go there relatively frequently, and I can tell you that NO will never be rebuilt to the level that it was, nor should it be. It's a miracle that Katrina was the first direct hit on NO in 100 years.

And why do you feel that it shouldn't be?

AUTaxMan
11-07-2011, 10:37 AM
And why do you feel that it shouldn't be?

Because it is a terrible place to build a city. It is almost entirely under sea level, and another bad storm could wipe it out.

sanfran22
11-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Because it is a terrible place to build a city. It is almost entirely under sea level, and another bad storm could wipe it out.

Yep, Probably was a bad Idea to build a city in a bathtub. It was destined to happen and will happen again.

mrveggieman
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Disaster can happen anywhere. So if God forbid a major earthquake wipes out a city should we not rebuild and for fear of another? That's some really flawed logic.

andrewhoya
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Yep, Probably was a bad Idea to build a city in a bathtub. It was destined to happen and will happen again.

DC is the same way. Just built over a big swamp

sanfran22
11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
DC is the same way. Just built over a big swamp

Not is a hurricane zone per say. But I probably wouldn't feel too bad if they got wiped out:winking0071:.

mrveggieman
11-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Not is a hurricane zone per say. But I probably wouldn't feel too bad if they got wiped out:winking0071:.

Another fine example of christian love. SMH.

sanfran22
11-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Another fine example of christian love. SMH.

I think that went over your head, it's ok though.

mrveggieman
11-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I think that went over your head, it's ok though.

You're right. It just goes over my head how a so called christian who claims to love his country would even make a joke about a natural disaster wiping out the entire capital city of his country.. It would have anything to do with the majority population of the citizens of dc or the commander in cheif who lives there would it? Things that make you go hmm...:winking0071:

sanfran22
11-07-2011, 01:17 PM
You're right. It just goes over my head how a so called christian who claims to love his country would even make a joke about a natural disaster wiping out the entire capital city of his country.. It would have anything to do with the majority population of the citizens of dc or the commander in cheif who lives there would it? Things that make you go hmm...:winking0071:

It would have to be everyone running this country, but I wouldn't expect you to catch it. There was a flood once before and I'd venture things weren't as bad as they are now. If you want to see the definition of so called Christian? Look in the mirror. You need to lighten up.....

mrveggieman
11-07-2011, 01:47 PM
It would have to be everyone running this country, but I wouldn't expect you to catch it. There was a flood once before and I'd venture things weren't as bad as they are now. If you want to see the definition of so called Christian? Look in the mirror. You need to lighten up.....

Don't be mad. I'm just calling it like I see it. :kiss:

sanfran22
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't be mad. I'm just calling it like I see it. :kiss:

Not mad, that's just not saying much....It's ok, as I said before I should have expected you to take it the way you did.

andrewhoya
11-07-2011, 02:09 PM

They got hammered by the earthquake. We were actually closer and had less damage than they did.