PDA

View Full Version : Ebay/paypal help.

Pmurdick25
11-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Im bidding on something on ebay and I've never used ebay. Soooo how does it work? Where does the money for paypal come from? I need all the detail. Thanks! If you do reply to this please dumb the explanation down.

INTIMADATOR2007
11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
If you win , you'll need to set up a Paypal acct. which is very easy and safe . Enter your bank acct. info with routing number and other info , it's safe so dont worry..lol.. When you win you just check out through Paypal and it takes the money straight from your checking acct. usally takes about 2 days to go from your acct. tp paypal but your seller gets his money when you check out . good luck !

nadeau01_johnson48
11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
^^^ Yep. And if you don't have a checking account or don't want to provide that info, you can always just use a debit/credit card as well.

Although having your checking account attached to your PayPal account gives you a 'verified' account, which gives you more privileges.

Pmurdick25
11-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks fellas. I really hope I win this item in 6 days and 1 hour. Lol. If I got it at my current bid that would be a steal among steals.

Pmurdick25
11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Do I have to transfer the money from my checking acct to the ebay acct.???

skippy
11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Do I have to transfer the money from my checking acct to the ebay acct.???

If your checking account is tied in with the paypal then no, it will take it out of your account that it is tied into.

Leafsfan1967
11-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I believe you need to file a credit card as well with paypal for it to be transferred out that fast, or the seller has to wait a week, or more for the e-check to clear. If you have a paypal account direct to your bank account, and also have a good credit card as a backup, the seller gets the funds immediately. If no credit card on file, then the seller will have to wait for their funds, and some sellers won't accept that, so make sure you read his auction heading, and also make sure they ship to your country, should it be different than yours. You don't have to use the credit card to pay for your purchases, it is basically just verifying should you not have the funds in your bank account, paypal can get them off your card to complete the transaction.