PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Rep.Rick Womick Muslims In U.S miltary can't be trusted

INTIMADATOR2007
11-15-2011, 10:57 PM
“Personally, I don’t trust one Muslim in our military,” Womick said. “[I]f they truly are a devout Muslim, and follow the Quran and the Sunnah, then I feel threatened because they’re commanded to kill me.”

Who are we at war with?” he asked (http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011111130325) during the interview. “We are at war with al-Qaeda and the Taliban, who are Muslims. It’s a Catch-22. They are not allowed to kill their fellow Muslims, we’re at war with Muslims. The only solution I see is that they not be allowed in the military.” Here’s an extended version of the video, with more commentary and discussion on the matter

:http://youtu.be/8JnYAlnXaDA

gatorboymike
11-15-2011, 11:39 PM
And people wonder why things like the Fort Hood shooting happen.

habsheaven
11-15-2011, 11:49 PM
This statement would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. Can you imagine a Muslim veteran with 20 years service on Sep 10, 2001. Next day, idiots like Womick, throw him and his career under the bus.

In reference to the Canada/US thread currently on-going. Our populace would not stand for this blatant bigotry out of one of our representatives.

duane1969
11-15-2011, 11:58 PM
And people wonder why things like the Fort Hood shooting happen.

Yeah, those people clearly deserved what they got. It is all America's fault. They need to turn Hasan loose, he was clearly the victim in all of that.

/sarcasm

gatorboymike
11-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, those people clearly deserved what they got. It is all America's fault. They need to turn Hasan loose, he was clearly the victim in all of that.

/sarcasm

/strawman

duane1969
11-16-2011, 12:05 AM
This statement would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. Can you imagine a Muslim veteran with 20 years service on Sep 10, 2001. Next day, idiots like Womick, throw him and his career under the bus.

In reference to the Canada/US thread currently on-going. Our populace would not stand for this blatant bigotry out of one of our representatives.

Yeah, those Canadian politicians are so darn perfect. They never say anything stupid or narrowminded...

Mel Lastman, Tornoto Mayor quote as he was getting on a plane headed for Kenya: "What the hell do I want to go to a place like Mombasa? ... I'm sort of scared about going there ... I just see myself in a pot of boiling water with all these natives dancing around me."

habsheaven
11-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah, those Canadian politicians are so darn perfect. They never say anything stupid or narrowminded...

No one said they were perfect. And I wasn't talking about mayors. Our racist politicians are smart enough, and aware enough to know they can't get away with that crap. Unfortunately, some of your politicians are REQUIRED to spew hatred every now and then to shore up their base.

duane1969
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
This guy is a non-relevant state representative. His "base" support is limited no matter what and most conservatives do not subscribe to this concept.

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Church!! :love0030:

sanfran22
11-16-2011, 10:48 AM

I'm surprised they didn't fine or jail him for saying that.....Free speech in Canada?

duane1969
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm surprised they didn't fine or jail him for saying that.....Free speech in Canada?

Or take away his bong...

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Or take away his bong...

Mabey these politicians in the states would be as screwed up in the head as they are if we able to use their bongs. :winking0071:

duane1969
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Mabey these politicians in the states would be as screwed up in the head as they are if we able to use their bongs. :winking0071:

Yeah, like Mr. I Didn't Inhale? Now there was a level-headed guy...as long as he wasn't left alone with a female.

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, like Mr. I Didn't Inhale? Now there was a level-headed guy...as long as he wasn't left alone with a female.

Yeah he was level headed enough not to start two usless wars and waste billions of our tax dollars on them.

sanfran22
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah he was level headed enough not to start two usless wars and waste billions of our tax dollars on them.

You mean the Republican Congress was level headed? The one that balanced the budget back then. Politics 101 people.....

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 12:55 PM
You mean the Republican Congress was level headed? The one that balanced the budget back then. Politics 101 people.....

Aren't those the same republicans who ran us into the hole that we are in now? Economics 101.

sanfran22
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Aren't those the same republicans who ran us into the hole that we are in now? Economics 101.

Uhhh, no it's probably a split actually.

lloydr04
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
comment was def prejudice

duane1969
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Who started two wars?

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Who started two wars?

I wasn't a history major in college but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the afgan and current iraq wars both start under everyone's good ole buddy GWB's watch?

duane1969
11-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I wasn't a history major in college but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the afgan and current iraq wars both start under everyone's good ole buddy GWB's watch?

I can see you were not a history or a political science major in college. Neither was I but I know enough to know that a president can not "start a war". In the instance of a national emergency they can go to war if the union is threatened or if we are invaded/attacked. Otherwisae they need the approval of Congress and Senate.

39% of Congress Democrats voted in favor of the Iraq War
58% of Senate Democrats voted in favor in favor of the Iraq War

Since Dems held a majority in the Senate (50-49-1) without their vote, the Iraq war never happens.

And if you think that the Afghan War was unfounded then I don't know what to tell you. Al Queda was the driving force behind 9/11 and Al Queda was based in Afghanistan. ANY president would have done the same thing.

Oh, and the Afghan war passed Congress by a vote of 420-1 and passed the Senate by a vote of 98-0. So excuse me if I don't buy the whole "Its all GW's fault" rhetoric.

habsheaven
11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
I can see you were not a history or a political science major in college. Neither was I but I know enough to know that a president can not "start a war". In the instance of a national emergency they can go to war if the union is threatened or if we are invaded/attacked. Otherwisae they need the approval of Congress and Senate.

39% of Congress Democrats voted in favor
58% of Senate Democrats voted in favor

Since Dems held a majority in the Senate (50-49-1) without their vote, the Iraq war never happens.

And if you think that the Afghan War was unfounded then I don't know what to tell you. Al Queda was the driving force behind 9/11 and Al Queda was based in Afghanistan. ANY president would have done the same thing.

Oh, and the Afghan war passed Congress by a vote of 420-1 and passed the Senate by a vote of 98-0. So excuse me if I don't buy the whole "Its all GW's fault" rhetoric.

Can't argue against those numbers, and I'm still on the fence on whether or not GWB purposely mislead the Houses.

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 04:02 PM

39% of Congress Democrats voted in favor of the Iraq War
58% of Senate Democrats voted in favor in favor of the Iraq War

Ok Mr. Technical I know per the constitution that only congress can declare war. My point is that GWB lied about wmd as well as playing on our emotions after 9/11 to get us into the mess that we have in iraq.

duane1969
11-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Can't argue against those numbers, and I'm still on the fence on whether or not GWB purposely mislead the Houses.

He provided info that was provided to him. A lot of that intel came from foreign sources who probably had hidden motives. If memory serves me I seem to remember several UN reports being referenced. The intel was obviously incorrect and he needs to bear responsibility for not ensuring it's validity, but that doesn't mean he started a war.

For what it is worth, I think a lot of presidents (current one included) get bad info from people that they should not be so trusting of and end up with egg on their face because of it.

duane1969
11-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Ok Mr. Technical I know per the constitution that only congress can declare war. My point is that GWB lied about wmd as well as playing on our emotions after 9/11 to get us into the mess that we have in iraq.

So you have proof that he lied? Please provide. I imagine the Dems would love to see it since they have been trying for years to get him tried for war crimes with no success.

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 04:10 PM
So you have proof that he lied? Please provide. I imagine the Dems would love to see it since they have been trying for years to get him tried for war crimes with no success.

I don't know your definition of a lie but to me if one makes a bold face statement such as sadaam has weapons of mass destruction and that turns out to be false that is so obvious of a lie even stevie wonder can see.

duane1969
11-16-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't know your definition of a lie but to me if one makes a bold face statement such as sadaam has weapons of mass destruction and that turns out to be false that is so obvious of a lie even stevie wonder can see.

And he came up with this idea all by himself? Nobody else like say UN inspectors or military intel or his advisors had anything to do with it. He just popped up and said "Iraq has WMD's!!" and we went to war.

sanfran22
11-16-2011, 04:17 PM

Just curious...Did Al gore, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton ect all lie too? Because I have seen many statements where they claim Saddam had WMDs as well.

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Just curious...Did Al gore, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton ect all lie too? Because I have seen many statements where they claim Saddam had WMDs as well.

Hillary and Kerry are both full of it so I wouldn't put it past them either. There I just clowened some democrats and yes life goes on as normal.

sanfran22
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Hillary and Kerry are both full of it so I wouldn't put it past them either. There I just clowened some democrats and yes life goes on as normal.

Lol, but Bill and Al get a pass? too funny.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 04:32 PM
He provided info that was provided to him. A lot of that intel came from foreign sources who probably had hidden motives. If memory serves me I seem to remember several UN reports being referenced. The intel was obviously incorrect and he needs to bear responsibility for not ensuring it's validity, but that doesn't mean he started a war.

For what it is worth, I think a lot of presidents (current one included) get bad info from people that they should not be so trusting of and end up with egg on their face because of it.
That's the best political comment i've seen on these boards...

habsheaven
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
FWIW, a lie by definition is when you say something that you KNOW to be incorrect. It is not when you say something that you think is correct and it turns out not to be.

INTIMADATOR2007
11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Really is this all you ever can come up with , Seems to me you just got owned by some FACTS , Uh Oh those pesky facts. This is the only argument the left can ever come up with against republicans (GWB), while the current administration has doubled every dollar GWB has spent and Bankrupted our country yet you still hold on with the Wars story . Cmon man move on and open your eyes to what is going on in todays world .

duane1969
11-16-2011, 10:27 PM
FWIW, a lie by definition is when you say something that you KNOW to be incorrect. It is not when you say something that you think is correct and it turns out not to be.

No evidence exists that he KNEW there were no WMDs.

habsheaven
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
No evidence exists that he KNEW there were no WMDs.

I agree. That's why I said what I said. Can't accuse him of lying if he thought what he said was true.

duane1969
11-16-2011, 10:48 PM
I agree. That's why I said what I said. Can't accuse him of lying if he thought what he said was true.

For what it is worth, I think there is a legitimate chance that it was a fishing expedition hoping to find WMDs that would justify the invasion.

Either way, IMHO the Iraqi people are better off for our efforts. Saddam Hussein was a murderous dictator just like Ghaddafi. All we really did was oust him 10 years ahead of Libya doing the same to Ghaddafi. The difference is the Iraqi people lacked the rebels forces to do what Libya did. Had they tried the same thing (and they did) it would have resulted in massacres by Hussein forces.

jaybird_1981
11-17-2011, 01:25 AM

Chemical weapons are classified as WMDs and Saddam did have chemical weapons.

theonedru
11-17-2011, 03:41 AM
For what it is worth, I think there is a legitimate chance that it was a fishing expedition hoping to find WMDs that would justify the invasion.

Either way, IMHO the Iraqi people are better off for our efforts. Saddam Hussein was a murderous dictator just like Ghaddafi. All we really did was oust him 10 years ahead of Libya doing the same to Ghaddafi. The difference is the Iraqi people lacked the rebels forces to do what Libya did. Had they tried the same thing (and they did) it would have resulted in massacres by Hussein forces.

And what other governments are equally responsible for the horrors Saddam caused??? We may have taken him help but we also helped put him in the seat of power (along with the British). We always boast we take out these dictators but we never admit the fact we put them there in the first place... Every person murdered by the Saddams and the Pinochets is a black mark on the face of the American government.

MadMan1978
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
This has gotten well off topic please bring it back