PDA

View Full Version : In God we trust, drug tests for welfare reciepients and other tibits in georgia

mrveggieman
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/georgia-license-plates-could-1227303.html

theonedru
11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
all welfare recipients should be tested not only for drugs, but alcohol and cigarettes as well. they also do not need things such as cable, internet or junk food any other luxury...

INTIMADATOR2007
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
all welfare recipients should be tested not only for drugs, but alcohol and cigarettes as well. They also do not need things such as cable, internet or junk food any other luxury...
+ 1

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
all welfare recipients should be tested not only for drugs, but alcohol and cigarettes as well. they also do not need things such as cable, internet or junk food any other luxury...
Wow! Should they have to go to bed at 9 PM, too?

INTIMADATOR2007
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Wow! Should they have to go to bed at 9 PM, too?
Yes they should ,so they can get their lazy butts out of bed and go find a JOB .Instead they prefer to stay up till 2-3 in the morning playing video games and eating cupcakes.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Yes they should ,so they can get their lazy butts out of bed and go find a JOB .Instead they prefer to stay up till 2-3 in the morning playing video games and eating cupcakes.
That's pretty funny. Since i see you like to stereotype, is it true everyone who watches NASCAR is a hillbilly and has sex with their sister?

tutall
11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
That's pretty funny. Since i see you like to stereotype type, is it true everyone who watches NASCAR is a hillbilly and has sex with their sister?

Wow dude... IS it really too much to ask for people using our money to stay clean and spend money on necessities.... This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on these boards.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Wow dude... IS it really too much to ask for people using our money to stay clean and spend money on necessities.... This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on these boards.
No, the dumbest post in this thread was some one saying people on welfare shouldn't be able to eat junk food or be able to have the internet...you realize we live in America and we still have some sort of freedom including speech, right? So for you not understanding how dumb of an opinion that is it only made you look dumber to post that...because post #5 was purely stereotypical opinion...just like i did...sorry you took offense to my post and not #5...kind of ironic to me...

INTIMADATOR2007
11-16-2011, 08:56 PM
That's pretty funny. Since i see you like to stereotype, is it true everyone who watches NASCAR is a hillbilly and has sex with their sister?
May God bless you !

JFried1029
Guys- keep this thread civil or we will need to close it.

Hilfiger1975
May God bless you !
Ditto! :winking0071:

tutall
11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
No, the dumbest post in this thread was some one saying people on welfare shouldn't be able to eat junk food or be able to have the internet...you realize we live in America and we still have some sort of freedom including speech, right? So for you not understanding how dumb of an opinion that is it only made you look dumber to post that...because post #5 was purely stereotypical opinion...just like i did...sorry you took offense to my post and not #5...kind of ironic to me...

Im not taking offense to it... Why should anyone living on governments money be able to have the luxeries anyone else has who is working... There should be regulations put in place to recieve government money... We have hashed this over and over but it isnt being stereotypical... It is being real... I dont want my money going to someone who isnt working so they can go eat out every meal and sit at home playing video games while I work so they can.... It isnt hating on anyone or anything... It is simply my money that I pay into taxes that is being used for things I cannot afford myself.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Im not taking offense to it... Why should anyone living on governments money be able to have the luxeries anyone else has who is working... There should be regulations put in place to recieve government money... We have hashed this over and over but it isnt being stereotypical... It is being real... I dont want my money going to someone who isnt working so they can go eat out every meal and sit at home playing video games while I work so they can.... It isnt hating on anyone or anything... It is simply my money that I pay into taxes that is being used for things I cannot afford myself.
Eating junk food and having the internet and going to be at 9 PM, really? Like i said previously there was some real comical opinions in this thread so i figured i would stereotype a little too...i'm not saying drugs are not bad, but people ran with a lot of comical opinions...so i figured i would be comical too...i personally agree with drug testing...you realize you are not the only one paying taxes, right? Maybe the people on welfare that have relatives pay taxes too. Get my point?

tutall
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Eating junk food and having the internet and going to be at 9 PM, really? Like i said previously there was some real comical opinions in this thread so i figured i would stereotype a little too...i'm not saying drugs are not bad, but people ran with a lot of comical opinions...so i figured i would be comical too...

The only person I saw in this thread trying to be comical is you.... I dont think the things Theonedru and Intimidator are that funny... I would prefer that people on welfare would be required to look for a job... One of the most disabled people I know is working at Wal Mart and recently lost all her welfare money because she works too many hours... Those are the people that at some point if they can no longer work give them the money... There is no good reason a 19 year old guy cant go find a job doing something unless there are some major issues.

gladdyontherise
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM

I agree with the drugs/alcohol/cigarettes. I don't think people should use that stuff regardless, but that discussion is for another day.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 09:11 PM
The only person I saw in this thread trying to be comical is you.... I dont think the things Theonedru and Intimidator are that funny... I would prefer that people on welfare would be required to look for a job... One of the most disabled people I know is working at Wal Mart and recently lost all her welfare money because she works too many hours... Those are the people that at some point if they can no longer work give them the money... There is no good reason a 19 year old guy cant go find a job doing something unless there are some major issues.
I'm going to say this one more time. If you didn't think it was comical for some one on welfare not to be able to eat junk food and not have internet and they should have to go to bed at 9 PM then there is nothing i need to say to you. There is so many different degrees of people on welfare and some of them are truly poor i've never said anything different, but to lump everyone that's on welfare together and imagine that they are abusing the system is pure comedy. I'm not the one throwing stereotypes in this thread others are. There was a lot of "dumb" posts in this thread that you didn't notice...:winking0071:

theonedru
11-16-2011, 09:28 PM

When its other peoples $ going to support their lifestyle then yes they should be set on restrictions for what they can spend it on and I should have every right to say how they spend MY $. Junk food is a non essential item, as is the internet cable and if they want to kill themselves with cigarettes or alcohol they certainly are not doing it with societies funds. They can work to do that.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:02 PM
When its other peoples $ going to support their lifestyle then yes they should be set on restrictions for what they can spend it on and I should have every right to say how they spend MY $. Junk food is a non essential item, as is the internet cable and if they want to kill themselves with cigarettes or alcohol they certainly are not doing it with societies funds. They can work to do that.
The sad part about it is that YOUR $ isn't probably going anywhere near a welfare recipents hands to be honest. You barely have the right to do what YOU want in America let alone what welfare people do. Instead of bashing people on welfare maybe you should be more worried about how the government deals with YOUR money...but i do agree people who collect welfare should be drug tested...

tutall
11-16-2011, 10:11 PM
The sad part about it is that YOUR $ isn't probably going anywhere near a welfare recipents hands to be honest. You barely have the right to do what YOU want in America let alone what welfare people do. Instead of bashing people on welfare maybe you should be more worried about how the government deals with YOUR money...but i do agree people who collect welfare should be drug tested...

Then who's money is it?

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Then who's money is it?
That's a great question. Probably the same question if you are paying taxes for roads and your roads have potholes in them...where is the money going?

NyFanCam01
11-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Nobody should be drug tested. If people want to do drugs, ruin their lives, and be quite unproductive... Let them. It's a choice. They are going to do it if they want to either way.
Free..??? are you kidding me??? The USA is nowhere near free.

I do whatever I want. I Have tattoos. I listen to punk/metal music and I don't care one bit what anyone says.

Government... LOL.

Oh, and NO i do not do drugs. I drink every now and then AND I have a 40 hour a week job.

Alot of the judgemental people in this world make me Sick.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Nobody should be drug tested.
Free..??? are you kidding me??? The USA is nowhere near free.

I do whatever I want. I Have tattoos. I listen to punk/metal music and I don't care one bit what anyone says.

Government... LOL.

Oh, and NO i do not do drugs. I drink every now and then AND I have a 40 hour a week job.

Alot of the judgemental people in this world make me Sick.
I like your thinking...:winking0071:

NyFanCam01
11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I like your thinking...:winking0071:

Just being honest...

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Just being honest...
I understand about the drugs also. Hell, cards are an expensive enough hobby let alone throwing drugs into the mix...LOL...i had plenty of friends who would spend crazy amounts of money on weed and have absolutely nothing to show for it...i'll take my collecting hobby over drugs...:winking0071:

NyFanCam01
11-16-2011, 10:27 PM
I understand about the drugs also. Hell, cards are an expensive enough hobby let alone throwing drugs into the mix...LOL...i had plenty of friends who would spend crazy amounts of money on weed and have absolutely nothing to show for it...i'll take my collecting hobby over drugs...:winking0071:

haha i know the feeling bro.
I dont judge people who smoke weed, I have NO problem at all with it. It is CLEARLY A damn plant.. should be legal. but ofcourse.. the AWESOME greedy government cant tax it to get their share...

Makes me so sick.

If some people think i'm disrespectful because I drive through town with Rancid turned up to 60, I dont care at all. haha. I do what I want and am not worried about what people think.

theonedru
11-16-2011, 10:29 PM
That's a great question. Probably the same question if you are paying taxes for roads and your roads have potholes in them...where is the money going?

misappropriation of funds ......

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I dont judge people who smoke weed, I have NO problem at all with it. It is CLEARLY A damn plant.. should be legal. but ofcourse.. the AWESOME greedy government cant tax it to get their share...

Makes me so sick.

If some people think i'm disrespectful because I drive through town with Rancid turned up to 60, I dont care at all. haha. I do what I want and am not worried about what people think.
Wanna hear my favorite quote of all time?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Dr. Seuss (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/61105.Dr_Seuss)

tutall
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM

Makes me so sick.

You missed the point... i think marijuana should be legalized and I drink and smoke from time to time... I do it on my dime... I work 55+ hours per week to give my family the opportunity to do the things we want to do... I do not however want my tax money going to someone who wants to smoke weed and party.... Not saying everyone does but a simple drug test would not be that big of a deal if you have nothing to worry about.

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:32 PM
misappropriation of funds ......
or FUBAR...:winking0071:

I had to look that up too big of words for me...:):

Hilfiger1975
11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
You missed the point... i think marijuana should be legalized and I drink and smoke from time to time... I do it on my dime... I work 55+ hours per week to give my family the opportunity to do the things we want to do... I do not however want my tax money going to someone who wants to smoke weed and party.... Not saying everyone does but a simple drug test would not be that big of a deal if you have nothing to worry about.
But if we the people allow them to make it law to drug test welfare people is it gonna stop there? I think it's just another way for the government to get more control over the people one way or another...just my two pennies...here's a PRIME example i HAVE to wear a seat belt in my own car or i'll get a ticket...tell me honestly that is not controlling people...it's not like smoking where it's hurting people around you...just another way for the government to control ITS people...

duane1969
11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
I am closing this thread. It quickly developed a disrespectful tone and seems to have no value other than slinging some insults.

I try to give you guys some leeway and hope that you will be reasonably respectful of each other. This thread fails.

PMs coming.