PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky lawmaker wants to pass bill that protects gaybashing bullies

mrveggieman
11-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I know this is an old article but I just wanted to post the get the rest of the forum's reaction to it. Enjoy.

http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com/2011/09/15/bible-beating-kentucky-lawmaker-wants-to-pass-a-bill-to-protect-anti-gay-bullies/

ensbergcollector
11-20-2011, 08:52 PM
i would love to see an article on the issue that doesn't read like a christian right bashing blog. i would love more than one quote from the "offending party." i would love any details on this proposed bill. if they guy is proposing a bill "protecting gay bashing bullies" then obviously i would be very against the bill and the man passing it. However, the article almost purposefully doesn't give any real information.
The article is 2.5 hate filled paragraphs followed by one quote without any context.

gatorboymike
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I would love to see Christians stop puffing themselves up and bleating about how anti-bullying bills are specifically designed to attack them. I would love to see Christians stop proclaiming with all the grandeur of a hallelujah chorus on top of the highest mountain with the rising sun behind it that anti-bullying bills abridge their freedom of religion, because treating homosexuals like garbage is a central part of their right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion. And I would love to see Christians stop trying to give belligerent, bloodthirsty, hate-crazed little meatheads the right to hurt whoever they want as much as they want.

theonedru
11-21-2011, 04:00 AM
I would love to see Christians stop puffing themselves up and bleating about how anti-bullying bills are specifically designed to attack them. I would love to see Christians stop proclaiming with all the grandeur of a hallelujah chorus on top of the highest mountain with the rising sun behind it that anti-bullying bills abridge their freedom of religion, because treating homosexuals like garbage is a central part of their right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion. And I would love to see Christians stop trying to give belligerent, bloodthirsty, hate-crazed little meatheads the right to hurt whoever they want as much as they want.

I totally agree....

jimstone
11-21-2011, 05:34 AM

I'm a Christian and I agree. Tired of people running around pretending that bashing homosexuals is something that Christ would have promoted.

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm a Christian and I agree. Tired of people running around pretending that bashing homosexuals is something that Christ would have promoted.

Wow it looks like we have a consensus on here. Any futher response from ensbergcollector?

duane1969
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I am not going to waste much time tracking down a dead issue but looking at the quote in the article it appears that he is saying that he doesn't want a child who voices their disapproval to be labeled a gay-bashing bully, which this thread and that article are clearly doing.

“Well if someone says ‘You know, I think homosexuality is a sin,’ well we don’t want that child to be bullied because they have a certain moral or religious belief…We certainly don’t want them to be labeled a bully, just because they have that particular belief.”

Nowhere in that quote do I see him advocating gay-bashing. Just because someone says they disagree with something does not make them a "basher".

This thread and that article are both prime examples of the liberal tactic of taking what someone says, twisting it into something they didn't say and then attacking them for it.

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I am not going to waste much time tracking down a dead issue but looking at the quote in the article it appears that he is saying that he doesn't want a child who voices their disapproval to be labeled a gay-bashing bully, which this thread and that article are clearly doing.

Nowhere in that quote do I see him advocating gay-bashing. Just because someone says they disagree with something does not make them a "basher".

This thread and that article are both prime examples of the liberal tactic of taking what someone says, twisting it into something they didn't say and then attacking them for it.

So Duane if you don't mind me asking you how is that any different from what goes on at fox news every day?

duane1969
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
So Duane if you don't mind me asking you how is that any different from what goes on at fox news every day?

If you know anything about FoxNews then you know that most of their stories are directly reprinted/re-reported from the AP newswire. That is why I rarely read their site. Why go there when I can get it direct from the AP? The only thing I look at FoxNews for is to see what is happening that the liberal media is avoiding reporting on because it doesn't cast a shining light on Obama & Co.

And that article is clearly taking what he said and saying that he said something else. I am not saying that it never happens on FoxNews but you don't see me linking to FoxNews and starting threads over their biased reports either.

I at least make an effort to see the reality in the information. None of you read this article and did that.

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Lol is all that needs to be said. Should I use the liberal "attack the source and not the context" ploy? No need to as this article is so stupid it's laughable. Come on now, really? Comparing to Fox news? What a bunch of blind, liberal garbage.......

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow it looks like we have a consensus on here. Any futher response from ensbergcollector?

dude, what are you calling me out for? i never said i condoned anything. of course I am against any bullying at all as well as hatred toward homosexuals. my issue was with the article, not with the bullying of homosexuals.

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
dude, what are you calling me out for? i never said i condoned anything. of course I am against any bullying at all as well as hatred toward homosexuals. my issue was with the article, not with the bullying of homosexuals.

Nothing personal against you bruh, but it appeared that you had the dissenting opinion in the first few posts.

ensbergcollector
11-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Nothing personal against you bruh, but it appeared that you had the dissenting opinion in the first few posts.

did you actually read my post? my entire issue was with the article itself

gatorboymike
11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
"Ppbbphph, you liberals always just attack the source rather than responding to the argument! Classic liberal garbage, uh-huh-huh-huh! Uh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh! Besides, look where that article comes from! It's obviously nonsense and I don't have to listen to it!"

(against bullying and hatred of homosexuals, lol)

sanfran22
11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
"Ppbbphph, you liberals always just attack the source rather than responding to the argument! Classic liberal garbage, uh-huh-huh-huh! Uh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh! Besides, look where that article comes from! It's obviously nonsense and I don't have to listen to it!"

(against bullying and hatred of homosexuals, lol)

You need to go back and read...they do teach that down there correct?