PDA

View Full Version : Metro Atlanta residents toast sunday booze sales

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
It is so stupid that the state of Georgia took forever and a day to start to change these outdated blue laws. If someone is really hell bent on drinking on Sunday they can simply stock up on whatever they need during the rest of the week for Sunday. Also bars and restaurants have served liquor in Georgia on Sunday for the longest time. These laws were nothing more than oudated Christian puritan laws that have long outlived their usefulness.

http://www.ajc.com/news/metro-atlanta-residents-toast-1233399.html

Star_Cards
11-21-2011, 10:24 AM
We have the same law here in Indiana. I think it's completely ridiculous. Although you get used to it and make sure to buy your alcohol on one of the other six days of the week. We also don't sell cars on sunday in indiana. I never got the reasoning. I'd think more people would be out buying cars and alcohol on sunday just because they aren't at work.

duane1969
11-21-2011, 10:53 AM
It is even more stupid here. On Sunday you can buy mixed drinks and beer in a bar or restuarant, you can buy beer in a gas station (after 1PM), you can buy beer in an alcohol distributorship (after 1PM)...you can not buy liquor. Only the sale of bottle hard liquor is banned in WV.

mrveggieman
11-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Do the people who support these outdated laws really think that is going to stop someone from drinking. They are pretty much saying drink whatever you want just not certian times, certian drinks on a particular day of the week because that would be immoral? Hmm, it looks like a classic case of trying to leglislate morality.

Star_Cards
11-21-2011, 10:59 AM
It is even more stupid here. On Sunday you can buy mixed drinks and beer in a bar or restuarant, you can buy beer in a gas station (after 1PM), you can buy beer in an alcohol distributorship (after 1PM)...you can not buy liquor. Only the sale of bottle hard liquor is banned in WV.

we can buy drinks at a restaurant that has a license to sell drinks, just not at grocery stores or liquor stores.

duane1969
11-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Do the people who support these outdated laws really think that is going to stop someone from drinking. They are pretty much saying drink whatever you want just not certian times, certian drinks on a particular day of the week because that would be immoral? Hmm, it looks like a classic case of trying to leglislate morality.

I was raised a Baptists and married the daughter of a Church of God preacher. I don't know any Christians that care about this law either way. All of the ones that I know would agree that banning it one place when you can buy it somewhere else or stock up the day before is pretty silly.